Over the past year and a half, Champions Online has grown by leaps and bounds. From periodic super-events to standalone expansion packs, we’ve been challenging our players with new and exciting content at absolutely no cost to them. Here are some of our major updates since October 2009:
- Blood Moon, October 2009 - This Halloween-themed event causes Millennium City to be overrun by werewolves. Players team up with special hunters to fight back the lycanthropic horde. Blood Moon runs periodically, usually coinciding with the full moon.
- Nemesis Confrontation, November 2009 - As a Champion develops, players can create a special Nemesis to act as their hero’s foil. The Nemesis Confrontation is a special Adventure Pack that pits a group of heroes against their Nemeses in an alternate dimension controlled by the evil Shadow Destroyer.
- Attack of the Misfit Toys, December 2009 - The villain Black Harlequin has returned to Millennium City, and his giant misfit toy, Clarence, is wreaking havoc downtown. This holiday-themed event features a multi-hero confrontation with a mechanical menace, special themed action figures to earn and more. Attack of the Misfit Toys runs every December.
- Revelation, March 2010 - Revelation is Champions Online’s first expansion pack. It features a new zone, Vibora Bay, based on iconic cities on the Gulf Coast of America. Venture to Vibora Bay to save the world from Therakiel, a fallen angel hell-bent on bringing about the Apocalypse.
- The Serpent Lantern, June 2010 - Lost for centuries, the mystical Serpent Lantern is about to be found. If it falls into the wrong hands, it could topple nations. Based on pulp adventure comics, the quest for the Serpent Lantern will take you from the skyscrapers of Millennium City to the jungles of Africa.
- Demonflame, October 2010 - Demonflame features an all-new level agnostic zone that transports players to the Qliphothic shadow realm, a plane of existence ruled by beings of darkness. It’s up to heroes to stop the evil Luther Black from conquering the plane to gain power over the universe.
- Even More on the Way! We’ve got all sorts of great updates planned for the future, including new Adventure Packs, content updates, events and more.
For more information about Champions Online's many major updates, please visit the online index: http://www.champions-online.com/updates
Champions Online is continually growing and evolving. With our upcoming Free-to-Play update, players around the globe will have unprecedented access to Champions Online. For more information about Champions Online Free-to-Play, please visit: http://www.champions-online.com/f2p
Downloads, info, & more: Champions Online on ggFTW!