ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Hunting Grounds > Yuki - The Ice Diva

Iris Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Iris Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (3) Thread Tools Display Modes
05-11-2009   3 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
But not a snitch.

whitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the rough
Default Yuki EQ thread.

Why dont anyone use Forgotten Snowgirl set ? The bonus goes

2 Piece - 7.5 crit for both melee and magical attack
4 Piece - 5 hp and mp recovery
6 Piece - 15% increase in magical attack

15% inc = 45 % crit chance for magic attacks ( if you want to look at it from this view ) or equivalent to 500 strg bonus ( meaning its better than 9d,8d,7d strg eq 2piece each + set bonus card since FS set give passive 7.5 crit , hp/mp recovery, better def and of course much better stats in term of vit/int )

I would agree if it is meant for soloing then Ancient White Dragon is pretty ideal. If not, is there any special reason that people choose AWD for yuki than this? Is the 4.0% Life leech that significant when a healer get massive with the new rebirth beads already or what I'm led to believe than because AWD is much more common ? I'm curious, any inputs here.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
05-12-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

sentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nice
Guild: Titans

That's not even close to the 500 str bonus. 500 str gives +30% damage in addition to the 167~167ish damage Most yukis would get around ~8% damage boost from str with forgotten, which would still keep them 7% short of the 500 str boost. Also, AEH gives the same 15% boost.
You're missing the "every 5 seconds" on the 5hp/mp regen. It's really 1hp/mp per second, which is useless. Compare that to the 7mp/sec from AEH.
The 7.5% crit chance isn't bad. But the AEH 50% damage boost from using ice queen is much better imo. Plus it's so easy to use it in a combo.

AEH > forgotten snow girl, and it's much easier to get/fort.

Last edited by sentythee; 05-12-2009 at 05:13 PM.

05-12-2009   #3 (permalink)
Back from the Grave

Deity is on a distinguished road
IGN: BattleGod

Just get the 2-pc FSG set for the Crit bonus...the stats aren't all that great though and with regards to AEH, you can always switch the 2-pc in and out every 5 minutes because you're just going to cancel Ice Queen anyways.

05-12-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

sentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nicesentythee is just really nice

You would need 6pc AEH for the 15% damage boost

15% damage > 7.5% crit

05-13-2009   #5 (permalink)
But not a snitch.

whitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the roughwhitepage is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentythee
You're missing the "every 5 seconds" on the 5hp/mp regen. It's really 1hp/mp per second, which is useless. Compare that to the 7mp/sec from AEH.
You sure? because its 5hp/mp per sec in tlunia.

Quote:
That's not even close to the 500 str bonus. 500 str gives +30% damage in addition to the 167~167ish damage. Most yukis would get around ~8% damage boost from str with forgotten, which would still keep them 7% short of the 500 str boost. Also, AEH gives the same 15% boost.
Consider the playstyle of people today in pve , engaging with melee is barely seen nor effective. What's more important is upkeeping the mana pool and spam rebirth skills ( iirc, yuki has pretty fast c/d for some of her main dmging skills ). To have a more accurate comparison between 3 sets of 2 piece general piece ( called tactician for yuki I think, not really sure of the name term for glunia ) , you need to work out their stats.

Forgotten Snowgirl

[Def] 2298
[Dmg] 36~60
[Strg] 64
[Vit] 88
[Int] 53
[Dex] 31
[Hp] 70
[Mp] 108

Best General/ Tactician/The one with the greatest strg inclusive of set bonus, if any.
( I took body/weapon for 9d, pants/head for 8d. Yuki's 7th Invincible for shoe/hand )

[Def] 1830
[Dmg] 30~50
[Strg] 196 + 9
[Vit] 0
[Int] -33
[Dex] 21
[Hp] 92
[Mp] 0

So a simple comparison between Tactician vs FSG is - > -468 defense, + 41~37, +141 strg, - 85 vit, -101 int,-10 dex. ( convert hp/mp into vit/int )

Consider strg reside at 500 for tactician and 359 for FSG . Different between the 2 in inc in skill dmg is 30-10 = 20% . FSG make up with 15% + 2.33% ( 7% mag crit ) and the final different that Tactician has over FSG is a mere 2.66%.

So for 2.66% inc skill dmg + 41~37 melee ( dont think melee matters much anyway, pve wise ) , it doesnt seem wise to give up 85 vit, 101int and 5mp/hp recovery per sec. Isn't the larger the mana pool , the better S charge will be for yuki which improve its staging efficiency?

However, this discussion come very well be made pointless once people rebirth multiple times ( 12 to all stats per rebirth at lvl 80 ? ) as well as the increasingly powerful cs that is made available to glunia ( plus the fact you can fort it to get eg +8 strg ) . Not to mention the easily available pots (guild/npc) that could easily add +50 strg to the char. By then, FSG will be even more superior if it hit 500 strg, that unless even further down the road, someone hit 1k strg with tactician.

Quote:
The 7.5% crit chance isn't bad. But the AEH 50% damage boost from using ice queen is much better imo. Plus it's so easy to use it in a combo.
AEH > forgotten snow girl, and it's much easier to get/fort.
If I recall correctly, it doesnt matter if one had switch into the inc in elemental dmg bonus after they activate their AEH bonus. The bonus effect is accumulative. So the only comparsion between AEH & FSG is 7mp vs 7% crit + 5mp/hp.

Though I would very much agree on the former is much easier to get and fort.

Last edited by whitepage; 05-13-2009 at 05:59 AM. Reason: error

05-14-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

I thought this was for pvp .-.

If it really is 5hp/mp per second, then forgotten snow girl with an AEH 2pc switch for ice queen would be better for stages. But I don't know if it's 5hp/mp per second or per 5 seconds (the description in glunia says it's per 5 seconds).

05-14-2009   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I thought this was for pvp .-.

If it really is 5hp/mp per second, then forgotten snow girl with an AEH 2pc switch for ice queen would be better for stages. But I don't know if it's 5hp/mp per second or per 5 seconds (the description in glunia says it's per 5 seconds).
per second. i have the set
most ppl are just lazy so we just get 6 set elf instead
+ stats suck on the items

05-14-2009   #8 (permalink)
全砲門!Fire!
Special
Games
LuniaLuna OnlineLand of Chaos OnlineGrand Chase
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerWandering EyeTwitter FanPervert Award

Gladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud ofGladiat has much to be proud of
IGN: 混合
Level: ⑨
Guild: NoGay

The equips look a lot better, but the stats are lower, and it's a big pain in the ass to just farm the runes/lights/jewelery to get even 1 piece.