ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Hunting Grounds > Yuki - The Ice Diva

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
02-01-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

mangoman will become famous soon enoughmangoman will become famous soon enough
IGN: BumSmash
Class: Dacy
Level: 59
Guild: Mivehind
Default How to maximize damage with MP

Lately I've been having a tough time choosing between Yuki and Dacy, and the thing that makes me like Yuki is her ability to freeze bosses and have more ranged options, while Dacy has more damage per hit and a bunch of neat skills I like.

The divisive factor for me when it comes to Yuki is the need to constantly (it at least feels constantly) recharge MP. For my mana thing, I went for ME since it could increase your recharge amount, work at zero, and give others mp if they didn't have any other buffs on them. Sounded like a good package, and I didn't mind getting the reagents.

But lately it's been getting on my nerves. I hate holding down the F key all the time. I tried it at Cobolt, and I kept getting interrupted by the hand. What would you recommend I do? I dunno about set bonuses. My mind leapt to L.Drake, as that's what I had on my Dacy and it worked alright. But then I figured I'd be missing out on some of the other sets like ancient elf hero and all that jazz.

What would you recommend I do to relieve my hate-of-recharge problem? Go back to Dacy? Get L.Drake after all, or something else? Put points into another mp passive? I'm open to suggestions.

P.S. It might've been a joke, but I was told that if someone SS's a Dacy Pandano glitching something, they get penalized for it. Is that true?
P.P.S. On Reiko's database thingy, it says that the Bapho Guard set bonuses and that of L.Drake are the same. Is that true? And if so, what are the differences for the stats?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-01-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffMoM Award

Godbot3000 has disabled reputation
Guild: DashAttack

Max regen, get a pig and spend 40 bucks to make it rare, 3+1 6d/7d guardian turtle set, 2 l soldin spirit regel set.

More srsly: Legend drake does work, but honestly, if you don't like charging to that extent, you really should not be playing the character. For a character that has that option, you should be more concerned with getting sets that increase damage potential than sets that help your mana pool.

02-01-2009   #3 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Skiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the roughSkiegh is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Skiegh Send a message via MSN to Skiegh
IGN: Skiegh
Class: Sieg
Level: 56+

If you hate recharging MP then getting a MP set like drake or Rigel would probably be in your best interest. I don't have a Yuki myself but I see them spam like no tomorrow and I can only imagine they burn through MP like crazy. Considering you charge to full MP before every room like most casters, you shouldn't be running out of MP with the exception of boss fights or maybe excessively large rooms like the hallways in upper.

I don't mind charging MP myself but that is with a Dainn and from what I know Yuki's have a lot shorter cooldown times, unlike Dainns where most of their heavy hitting skills have long cooldowns so charging MP and having a temporary time out in a fight isn't a huge deal.

P.S.- I believe it can be banned now but I haven't seen any Dacy be banned from it yet. (So many people "require" Dacys so they wouldn't think about banning them.

P.S.S. - Not a clue but the database usually doesn't lie.
"There once was a boy who dreamed of being a hero. Who believed sincerely in the battle to banish darkness from a world of light... but light and darkness are equal... and where one exists so too must the other... and when the boy finally realized this he had taken the first step toward being a true hero."

02-01-2009   #4 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

Ultimaga will become famous soon enoughUltimaga will become famous soon enough
IGN: xVertigo
Class: NINJA! lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

dont spam, charge when your damage isnt needed. spread out your damage, dont throw everything you got at everything you see. most of the time, a simple melee string is all you need for a time.

set effects help as well.

and yuki does more damage on skill than dacy when dacy isnt raged, fyi.

02-01-2009   #5 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Quote:
More srsly: Legend drake does work, but honestly, if you don't like charging to that extent, you really should not be playing the character. For a character that has that option, you should be more concerned with getting sets that increase damage potential than sets that help your mana pool.
I thought that too, but then I remembered that I never even touch Dacy's S ability, so I rationalized that not using Yuki's S one (outside of melee strings and all that) was justified. I'm not so sure the damage would suffer either. It's like shooting 200 regular bullets rather than 100 slightly-above-average ones. Besides, I might be able to nix ME altogether (it does get cancelled by a lot) and get yet another attack skill. Spamming ftw.

Quote:
dont spam, charge when your damage isnt needed. spread out your damage, dont throw everything you got at everything you see. most of the time, a simple melee string is all you need for a time.
Patience FTL. Everyone wants to finish a stage fast, so spam away, I say.

Quote:
set effects help as well.
Specifics would be nice.

Quote:
and yuki does more damage on skill than dacy when dacy isnt raged, fyi.
I meant more along the lines of damage per hit. You know, so those dang Ghost raid archers won't go invincible so much due to all the multi-hit stuff Yuki throws around.

02-01-2009   #6 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

and obviously spamming is slowing things down if you dished out all you could and wound up left empty for the next 10 seconds or so. and i'm pretty sure you know how much damage can be dealt in 10 seconds.

specifics? it's pretty obvious, 4 piece elf hero for 50% more dmg and mana regen and 3+1 GT to name one.

yeah, dacy does more burst damage, but can easily be beat by most other classes in dps, if you know how to manage your mana, and if you're worried about incinvibility in ghost raid...then have fun in bonus.

but as always, spammers will be spammers.

or, a easy solution, go back to dacy.

02-02-2009   #7 (permalink)
(・∀・)
Awards Pervert Award

phantastic has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman
P.S. It might've been a joke, but I was told that if someone SS's a Dacy Pandano glitching something, they get penalized for it. Is that true?
It's just a rumor. If they really wanted to get rid of this they'd just have to the bamboo nerf and get over it. Much faster than banning anyone doing this glitch.

02-02-2009   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
I thought that too, but then I remembered that I never even touch Dacy's S ability, so I rationalized that not using Yuki's S one (outside of melee strings and all that) was justified. I'm not so sure the damage would suffer either. It's like shooting 200 regular bullets rather than 100 slightly-above-average ones. Besides, I might be able to nix ME altogether (it does get cancelled by a lot) and get yet another attack skill. Spamming ftw.

Patience FTL. Everyone wants to finish a stage fast, so spam away, I say.

Specifics would be nice.

I meant more along the lines of damage per hit. You know, so those dang Ghost raid archers won't go invincible so much due to all the multi-hit stuff Yuki throws around.
Non sequitur (logic)

Fallacy of composition

Hasty generalization

Cherry picking

I hope those were interesting reads.

02-02-2009   #9 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Meh, not really. Wiki stuff is pretty dry. When I meant "spam", I meant using anything and everything that does more damage than a basic melee hit to kill stuff faster, i.e. mini bosses and the like. But even against those my mana pool runs out. If something doesn't need to be killed, a new area needs to be moved into. Between those two activities, I find there's not a lot of downtime. And really, when you need MP most is when you're in those prolonged boss encounters. I think Yuki's DPS could increase a lot if she didn't have to charge a third of the time, perhaps more so if she could use points put into mp passives and get other attack skills.
I'm just looking for general thoughts, here.

I wonder what I did to earn all this spite? Maybe it's just prolonged exposure to your typical MMORPG player base. *shrug*

02-02-2009   #10 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

Quote:
I wonder what I did to earn all this spite? Maybe it's just prolonged exposure to your typical MMORPG player base. *shrug*
Mostly? In this thread, this.
Quote:
I thought that too, but then I remembered that I never even touch Dacy's S ability, so I rationalized that not using Yuki's S one (outside of melee strings and all that) was justified.
That's about the silliest thing I've ever heard you say [inb4 omg u cant hear text] since you've started posting. Just because they use the same keys has absolutely no bearing on how useful they are. That makes about as much sense as saying Pink Roll Punch must be worth maxing to support your party because it's a low level skill, just like Light of Healing.

Also, assuming you do have regen and decent melee damage, melee is a smart option when you have low MP and no skills available that will deal efficient damage.

To answer your original question: if you like Yuki, MP regen through equipment/skills; if you're more concerned with playing effectively, go back to Dacy.

02-02-2009   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

Yeah well.... It was more just the general sentiment that it's good not to have to rely on something like that as much as possible, like Eir's PoS for example. But alright, I'll get to work on seeing what regen stuff is available, and figuring out what GT means. What did you mean by playing more effectively, though?

02-02-2009   #12 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

GT: Guardian Tortoise

As for playing effectively, simply put: if you hate charging MP, you probably shouldn't be playing a class designed with the ability to charge. If it's a question of playstyle, you can get away with minimizing it, but to use your class effectively it's best if you don't have issues with the basic aspects of the class.

02-02-2009   #13 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooki
It's not a rumor, read the ijji forums please. People just haven't really thought about reporting it. Seriously, if someones helping you kill a certain stage even if that means exploiting the game, are you going to report them for that? Maybe, but most don't.
Source plz.

02-02-2009   #14 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

Quote:
It's not a rumor, read the ijji forums please. People just haven't really thought about reporting it. Seriously, if someones helping you kill a certain stage even if that means exploiting the game, are you going to report them for that? Maybe, but most don't.
I asked GM_Etolie and she said that right now bamboo glitching is not bannable. Whether or not it will be in the future, she does not know. Then she started talking about how glitches or abusing game mechanics are not allowed etc.

Point is that you can not get banned for it.

02-02-2009   #15 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

Quote:
Q: Is bamboo (pandan) glitching allowed?
A: If you are utilizing a game flaw resulting in an unfair advantage over other players, it can result in serious account actions, up to and including an account suspension, or an account closure. If you suspect that someone is abusing game mechanics or a game flaw, please take a screenshot and email it to lunia_abuse@ijji.com, so the matter can be investigated.

Seems like a yes to me, but i didn't talk to etoile about it .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpecial
I asked GM_Etolie and she said that right now bamboo glitching is not bannable. Whether or not it will be in the future, she does not know. Then she started talking about how glitches or abusing game mechanics are not allowed etc.

Point is that you can not get banned for it.
I asked her because of that.

02-02-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Q: Is bamboo (pandan) glitching allowed?
A: If you are utilizing a game flaw resulting in an unfair advantage over other players, it can result in serious account actions, up to and including an account suspension, or an account closure. If you suspect that someone is abusing game mechanics or a game flaw, please take a screenshot and email it to lunia_abuse@ijji.com, so the matter can be investigated.

Seems like a yes to me, but i didn't talk to etoile about it .
Bolded is the chief problem with glitch abuse in lunia in a general sense.

02-03-2009   #17 (permalink)
*insert title here*

Azuna is on a distinguished road

I rarely have MP problems. My end game set(s) will be the 4 piece kanhel and 4 piece L. Holy Moon Princess set (15% and 12% cold damage increase, respectively, with the latter providing 6% Magic Critical) and have plenty enough MP to use my most used skills. I also have no points in Increase, Recovery, or Extension. Yuki has too many great attacking skills to waste SP on useless skills such as these. If you're raiding/bossing, the rest of the party should be good enough to sneak in ~5-6 seconds of MP recovery in between mobs or even during mobs. And of course, while bossing, you can easily get a few seconds to charge MP without being interrupted.

02-03-2009   #18 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

5-6 seconds which could translate into a few thousand damage that you could have did if you had one of those skills...

taking out 1 attack skill for more efficiency is hardly useless by any means...

02-03-2009   #19 (permalink)
*insert title here*

Azuna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimaga
5-6 seconds which could translate into a few thousand damage that you could have did if you had one of those skills...

taking out 1 attack skill for more efficiency is hardly useless by any means...
I spam, run, charge, and spam again. What else am I going to do during my CDs?

02-03-2009   #20 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

having everything on cd? as a yuki? thats a first. but whatever suits you i guess~