MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Guides > Yuki Guides

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
01-19-2009   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineLeague of LegendsLuniaTrickster Online

Yumidesu has disabled reputation
Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu
IGN: Amiez
Level: Bronze League
Guild: Titans
Xfire: pandaamy
Default Ultimate Yuki Guide

Contents.

1. Yuki's Overview
2. Yuki's Skills
3. Stage/PvP build
4. Introduction to combos
5. Common comboing
6. Advanced Techniques
7. Credits

In need of more combos using these skills...

Cold Incandesence
Breath of Severe Cold
Cold Nuclear
Element of Freezing

Also, the freezebind-esque combo would be nice to know.

1.Yuki Overview!

Okay, to start off, Yuki is appropriately named "Yuki the Snow Girl".

Pros:
High damage with many low cooldown skills.
Great mana.
Regenerates mana faster than Dainn.
Great mobility.
Can play offense and defense equally.

Cons:
Lowest HP in the game. (Not sure about this. I haven't compared Dacy and Yuki's base HP).
Low defense.
Can get trapped easily.
Skills need to be timed right to work.

2. Yuki's Skills!

Ice
Ice Bullet--One of Yuki's most damaging skills. Shoots out four icicles towards the enemy that knocks them back then down.
Stage:Max
PvP:Max

Ice Arrow--Some people choose to leave this at Lv.1 for PvP purposes, since it takes up a lot of mana. Mainly used for flinching/first hits in PvP. Shoots six ice arrows and homes in on the enemy. Does not cause freezing, but flinching.
PvP:1, Max

Ice Pillar--One of the skills that Yuki can shift with easily. Recommended at 1 for PvP since it won't hit much and is mainly used for shifting. o.o Pillars are summoned around Yuki and knock the enemy up in the air, has the height of AS.
Stage:1, Max
PvP:1, Max (if you can spare the points)

Ice Giant's Fist--Another skill of Yuki's that deals great damage. Also good for getting some space.
PvP:Max, 1(some people put this at 1 because it can cost a lot of mana at later levels, and it's mainly used for airtime/wall shifting).

Ice Rain Shower--Great damage and huge AoE. Summons 12 icicles around Yuki and constantly knock the enemy up in the air.

Glacier Summon--This skill can cost you greatly if not used right. Summons a ice meteor. Refer to the comboing section on how to use this skill correctly.
Stage--1, Max
PvP--1, Max

Cold
Cold Whirlwind--Great offensive and defensive skill. Can be used to make someone flinch, or as a semi-dodge-esque thing to get out of a tight spot. Also causes an auto-wakeup. :3
Stage:1, Max (if you have the points)
PvP:1

Ice Dragon's Heart--Can be used for massive damage on enemies that won't budge much or take up a lot of space. Also used for distracting or stalling. Shoots out a small ball that moves gradually foward for 3-5 seconds while shooting out small icicles from both sides.
Stage:1

Cold Nuclear--Freezes people in their place. :P 4 or 7 is recommended for PvP. :3
PvP:1, 4, 7, Max

Cold Blue Dragon--Another one of Yuki's great skills. Also easily comboable. Summons an Ice Dragon around Yuki, instead of infront of her, via Dainn's CBD. Constantly lifts them up.

Breath of Severe Cold--This skill takes FOREVER to cast. 3s cast time. It has a huge AoE range and deals nice damage...just easy as hell to be interrupted.

Cold Incandescence--Also known as YIR A.K.A. Yuki's Ice Rain. Nice AoE/stalling skill. Same animation as Dainn's Fire Rain, it just shoots down the projectiles much faster than Dainn does.

Polar
Teleport--The best escape skill of Yuki's. It can be interrupted. It also stops when you hit something that is active. AKA a wall, person, monster, etc. This obviously teleports you foward. :3 (Hint: this has no invincibility frames).

Element of Freezing--If you miss with this skill, you're dead, or in for some major damage. Also a key component in Yuki's sleep-bind. You stand still and continuously shoot out 11 medium-sized icicles in a straight line that constantly freeze the enemy.

Rim of Severe Cold--Close to Eir's Moon Fog. :xd: Good AoE. Makes a mist of sorts in front of Yuki (instant cast) and causes flinching.

Ice Queen Summon--Her Lv.60 skill. Some find it useless, but it's a bit nice to me. It summons the ice queen that uses random ice walls for damage and some other attack. Like tornadoes or something. I can't remember. Any sort of fire damage is basically instant death for her.
PvP;1, 0

Bless
Mana Extension--Used widely in PvP, as there are instances where you will run out of mana and will not be able to regen.
Stage:0
PvP:0, 6, 9

Flame
Ice
Land Resistance--All useless. o.o Imo, anyways.
PvP:0

Ability
Mana Recovery--Good for PvP, as you will need the most you can get. Same for stages.
Stage:0, 1, Max
PvP:1, Max

Mana Increase--Max this if you don't get Mana Extension.
Stage:Max (consult above)
PvP:Max (consult above)

Deadly Magic Blow--Use this for random magical crits. Yuki's spells hit a lot in quantity terms, so this is a good one to get.

Concentrate--Pretty much a useless skill IMO. But some thing differently.

PvP:1, 0

Increase Health--This is a MUST. Yuki already had crappy HP. <.< So she needs this.

Last edited by Yumidesu; 01-20-2009 at 09:27 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-19-2009   #2 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Send a message via ICQ to Yumidesu Send a message via AIM to Yumidesu Send a message via MSN to Yumidesu Send a message via Yahoo to Yumidesu Send a message via Skype™ to Yumidesu

Stage/PvP Builds!

Stage...
ルニア戦記 - スキルシミュレータ

PvP...
ルニア戦記 - スキルシミュレータ

Note: These are just my personal preference builds. They can be changed/altered slightly. :P Refer to the Skill Guide for more information.

01-19-2009   #3 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Introduction To Combos!

Okay, I will start off with simple melee combos.

Key: >> (dash) <<> (backdash, then turn around) < > (turn around a certain way) -> (indicates to follow up with the skill after this sign...no melee involved)

IDH = Ice Dragon's Heart.
YBCB = Breath of Severe Cold.
Meteor = Glacier Summon.
IA = Ice Arrows. IGF = Ice Giant's Fist.
YIR = Yuki's Ice Rain = Cold Incandescence.
Tele = Teleport. EoF = Element of Freezing.
RoSC = Rim of Severe Cold.

(insert words here) Anything in parentheses indicates that it is optional.

Starter/skill This indicates that you can use any of the basic starts, then do the combo listed.

AAAA--Gives nice height. :P Also used for infiniting.
AA>>AS--One of the most common melee starts. :P Gives great height for any skill.
AAS--This is the most used one. Most use it to avoid damage/easy first hits.
AS--Gives very good height. Not used much. =/

Now, let's do some melee strings, shall we?

AASAA>>AS--Gives more height, but less decay. :P
ASAAAA--A lot of height here. I haven't seen it used by anyone yet. It also pushes them back far. x.x

Okay, now, let's put in some basic skills with these melee strings.

Starter/Ice Bullet (>> Spacebar)
Starter/Ice Bullet>>AS IRS (3 hits)
Starter/Ice Dragon >>< AAAA (wait) >>AS
Starter/IGF>>AS IRS
Starter/Ice Pillar <<> or >>< AA(wait)>>AS IRS (2 hits)>>AS Ice Bullet

Now, as you know, Meteor may be a bit hard to land. So there are three ways to use Meteor in ways that it is unavoidable.

AA IDH Meteor
(AA>>AS)Dragon Meteor
(AA>>AS)Dragon IA Meteor

The last two give decay, so I doubt you want to do those. :P But they are cool-looking. And, to an extent, if you misplace yourself doing the 1st one, then it's inescapable.

That's all for the melee ones. You can experience with them and see what new combos you may find. Also, watch videos and other Yukis PVP and learn from them. ^^;

My skill combos:

Note: For the sleep-bind, Cold Nuclear MUST be Lv.9 or 10.

AA IDH -> Meteor
(AA>>AS)Dragon -> Meteor
(AA>>AS)Dragon -> IA -> Meteor

Dragon -> Ice Shower Rain -> Ice Pillars -> Ice Giant's Fist
Sleep-bind: AA>>AS Cold Nuclear -> EoF (not optional...dash back after EoF) RoSC (follow up with any skill(s) you may feel needed for extra damage)
IGF -> YIR (YIR only does a few hits)
YIR -> Teleport (make sure you are the right distance, so you end up infront, and not behind. Also, time it so that YIR is still hitting, to avoid interruption) -> Dragon -> ISR -> Pillars -> IGF

That's all I have right now as far as simple combos go. ^^

01-19-2009   #4 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Advanced Techniques!

Infiniting. Ah, yes. People use this a lot in PvP. It is forbidden in Offical PvP Tournaments though. So be careful when using this. :P

Basic melee infinite--

AS (wait) AAAA>>AS (let them fall just a small bit) AAAA>>AS repeat. Now, this can end once you hit a wall. If you wish to avoid this, use a skill, or simply do this

Infinite until wall. Don't use >>AS. Instead, dash under them, turn around, and use AS AAAA>>AS to regain height lost after dashing.

Infinite #2--This one is pretty simple. Just do this.

AASAA>>AS AASAA>>AS AASAA>>AS (That's usually call you can do since you hit a wall)

Wall infinite--

Now, like Tia, Yuki can also use the diagonal to vertical/horizontal infinite on walls. To do this, simply use:

AAAA AAAA AAAA and repeat it forever. :P Use Dragon or a skill if they fall too low.

Wall shifting--(Note: I will be using the numpad movements on this. If you don't have a numpad, then it will be hard to do this. But if you can do it without a numpad, then here are what the numbers represent).

Another note: all instances in this will be me facing 6 (AKA right)

456 4 (left) 6 (right) 2 (down) 8 (up) 9 (top right move) 7 (top left move) 1 (down left move) 123 3 (down right move)

When at a wall, use

AS 338 AAAA (continue)

List of skills you can wall shift with

Ice Bullet (have to be fast for this one)
Ice Pillar
Ice Rain Shower
Ice Giant's Fist
Cold Blue Dragon
Cold Nuclear (must have leveled it to have 1.2+ freeze time)

You can insert any skill in place of the AS at the first wall shift combo to do so.

As for the infinites hitting the wall, there are some skills you can use. I have listed those above. HOWEVER, you may also use melee ONLY. I'll show you what I mean.

(This would be in City Arena)
AASAA>>AS AASAA>>AS AA(9) S 2 AA>>AS *skill*

Basically, you're facing right until you hit a wall. On the 3rd AAS, however, you do the spin attack right diagonal direction...which causes your enemy to be raised a bit, while carrying them upwards. And due to Yuki having basically no delay after ANY of her attacks, you can face down and do an AA>>AS or AS to continue your combo.

As for shifting out of a corner, I have yet to do this. >.< But any information on as how to shift your opponent out of a corner with only melee, if possible, would be greatly appreciated.

This is where I introduce Yuki's Freezebind.

Do the combo in this order. o.o

AAAA CBD Meteor Ice Arrows Cold Whirlwind (use CW IMMEDIATELY after Ice Arrows) Rim of Severe Cold Element of Freezing

^^^^: Kudos to Jumper AKA Conflux for discovering this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ygeX6NTNs8

Last edited by Yumidesu; 01-20-2009 at 09:36 PM.

01-19-2009   #5 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Credits!

~TwinCookies for helping me discover some combos and the basics of Yuki.
~Thank you for reading this guide.

And that is all. ^^;

I am accepting CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

Otherwise, enjoy.

01-19-2009   #6 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

I believe you mean 0, 4, 7, or 9 for Mana Extension.

And where precisely did you get the idea that Yuki has an element? She isn't an ice queen...

Whirlwind is mostly useful for it's forced wakeup and mobility. Maxing it makes it more of a liability since 200mp is a hefty cost for something like that. It's not meant to be incredibly damaging and is also best at 1. Even in stage.

There are other uses for IDH than just using it on enemy's that don't budge~

Cold Nuclear can also be at 4 if you want to CN and then cast Glacier.

Teleport has other uses besides escaping~

And Ice Giant's Fist is definitely not a max for me. In fact, I don't use it much, if at all.

01-19-2009   #7 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by buta
I believe you mean 0, 4, 7, or 9 for Mana Extension.

And where precisely did you get the idea that Yuki has an element? She isn't an ice queen...
Where did I say that?

Whirlwind is mostly useful for it's forced wakeup and mobility. Maxing it makes it more of a liability since 200mp is a hefty cost for something like that. It's not meant to be incredibly damaging and is also best at 1. Even in stage.
I know that. But it's very useful in stages. It also gives a slow down when maxed closr to what Dainn's Fury gives.

There are other uses for IDH than just using it on enemy's that don't budge~
Yeah...such as a distraction. But I use it mainly for the damage.

Cold Nuclear can also be at 4 if you want to CN and then cast Glacier.
7+ is better for freezebind. <.<

Teleport has other uses besides escaping~
Obviously...I use it a lot for that though. I don't need to teleport ever for offensive means. Well, perhaps on occasion, but meh.

And Ice Giant's Fist is definitely not a max for me. In fact, I don't use it much, if at all.
Not a max for YOU. It's recommended TO max it, or close to it.
10-12chars pl0x

01-19-2009   #8 (permalink)
You talkin' to me?

Ultimaga will become famous soon enoughUltimaga will become famous soon enough
IGN: xVertigo
Class: NINJA! lu_sieg
Level: 8x
Guild: Fusion

lol at yuki being weak to fire.

if you say so, master

01-19-2009   #9 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Someone please point out where I said Yuki is weak against fire. :S I didn't mean to post that.

01-19-2009   #10 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPanda
Flame
Ice
Land Resistance--The only one worth getting here is Flame Resistance. Yuki's main weakness is Fire damage, and you will get owned badly in Upper Raids without this. So, either have UBER UBER vit and dodging, or this.
Stage:Max, 0
PvP:0
Sheesh. Didn't read your guide?

CN is better 7+, but not required. Why put more points than you need to?

Given that this is a guide, try to include more general stuff? Not just your own personal usage. Remember there will be people actually basing builds off of this.

And no, IDH is never used as a distraction. I don't know how you use it, but you're using it wrong. I have yet to see anyone get ADD from me casting IDH.

And no, Giant Fist is only recommended to PvP builds. In stage, there is hardly a use for it. Pillar -> Ice Rain kills most weaker mobs. I hardly ever see a need for continuing a combo with it in stage given most everything dies from 1 or 2 strings of an infinite. If you're just knocking down things, then you have better things to do with your time. In PvP it's plausible as a reset.

And, again, why would you use Whirlwind for the slow down in stage? You kill fast enough you don't need the slowdown. And if you're Whirlwind-ing away from monsters, that's pretty... pointless.

01-19-2009   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Awex is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Awex
IGN: Alex<3/Spindle
Class: Sheep/Dacy to_soulmaster
Level: 2xx, 6x
Guild: SOSBrigade/MyHarem/Sakura

Quote:
Cons:
Lowest HP in the game. (Not sure about this. I haven't compared Dacy and Yuki's base HP).
I just checked my Dacy and Yuki, both level 56. They have the same base vit, which is 136.

I'm guessing they're the same?
Spindle: 7x Dacy
Awex: 6x Eir
Frolica: 6x Yuki
Smushy: 6x Lime
Cleaving: 6x Arien

Trickster Online (I kinda quit):
Alex<3 - 2xx Sheep
Alex<3! - 14x Pure AP cat [On this]
-Alex<3 - 6x Diggy fox
MmmCaek - 9x 4141 LK Fox

01-19-2009   #12 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Quote:
Sheesh. Didn't read your guide?

CN is better 7+, but not required. Why put more points than you need to?
Because you're a stage addict, perhaps? :S

Given that this is a guide, try to include more general stuff? Not just your own personal usage. Remember there will be people actually basing builds off of this.
I did include more general stuff. <.<

And no, IDH is never used as a distraction. I don't know how you use it, but you're using it wrong. I have yet to see anyone get ADD from me casting IDH.
When used in PvP, if used right, it would cause the enemy to run AWAY or around it. This creates a distraction, of which you get a chance to regen MP. <.<

And no, Giant Fist is only recommended to PvP builds. In stage, there is hardly a use for it. Pillar -> Ice Rain kills most weaker mobs. I hardly ever see a need for continuing a combo with it in stage given most everything dies from 1 or 2 strings of an infinite. If you're just knocking down things, then you have better things to do with your time. In PvP it's plausible as a reset.
You're obviously forgetting that Ice Rain and Pillar aren't 2s CD skills. Fist comes in handy...a lot.

And, again, why would you use Whirlwind for the slow down in stage? You kill fast enough you don't need the slowdown. And if you're Whirlwind-ing away from monsters, that's pretty... pointless.
I never stated that I use CW for it's slowdown in STAGE. In PvP...<.<;
Moar 10chars

01-19-2009   #13 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

Har har, no. You obviously only put what you use it as and that's a very narrow-minded way of writing a guide given that skills have more than one use.

Cold Nuclear is fine at 4 and many people leave it at that. I don't even use it in stage. There's really no point.

I'll agree with your IDH point, but there are still other ways to use it that actually include damaging in PvP.

And obviously they aren't 2s cooldown. But the use of Fist is outweighed by other skills that are more useful, if you aren't just going to combo.

And Whirlwind, I was refering to your "max" for stage. Duh... Seriously, are you not reading your own guide?

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I repped you for your guide and I'm glad you wrote it given that the others are outdated. And it's your guide so write your opinion in it. I don't care. However, at least be so kind as to write down the many uses for skills if you're going to write a guide at all.

Last edited by buta; 01-19-2009 at 02:27 PM.

01-19-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Chaoskidd is on a distinguished road
IGN: LightenS
Class: Arien lu_dacy
Guild: In memory of "Katamari"

Seriously, for me, I would stop reading after reading the first sentence... (not offense)

01-19-2009   #15 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

Quote:
Har har, no. You obviously only put what you use it as and that's a very narrow-minded way of writing a guide given that skills have more than one use.

Cold Nuclear is fine at 4 and many people leave it at that. I don't even use it in stage. There's really no point.
I guess. :S

I'll agree with your IDH point, but there are still other ways to use it that actually include damaging in PvP.
That's why I mentioned the IDH -> Meteor combo.

And obviously they aren't 2s cooldown. But the use of Fist is outweighed by other skills that are more useful, if you aren't just going to combo.
Fist still helps. But whatever you want. ;p

And Whirlwind, I was refering to your "max" for stage. Duh... Seriously, are you not reading your own guide?
Lol. Not really. :S And sorry about the assumption.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I repped you for your guide and I'm glad you wrote it given that the others are outdated. And it's your guide so write your opinion in it. I don't care. However, at least be so kind as to write down the many uses for skills if you're going to write a guide at all.
I'll do that right now. ^^;
Fuxing 10 char <.<;;

01-19-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
LuniaAlicia

iARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the roughiARE1337 is a jewel in the rough

I feel this guide to be a bit narrow minded. It just seems you wrote it for your play style rather then give more general tips. Cold nuclear is usable at 4, 7, and 9 as those are the levels when the freeze time increases. Also max ice dragon heart is a viable option as it hits quite a bit of times. There's also a bunch of other one sided opinions you stated that I don't feel like nitpicking at.

This guide just isn't quite flexible in options. You may also want to change the descriptions of some skills. Saying "its a aoe and big damage" or things along those lines isn't very informative.

01-19-2009   #17 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

^Changed the guide. :P

01-19-2009   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special
Games
MabinogiMapleStoryFantasy Earth ZeroLunia

theSinned is a jewel in the roughtheSinned is a jewel in the roughtheSinned is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenPanda
^Changed the guide. :P
i don't get how this is ultimate either >_>
theres like alot of missing info and details or it could be that i'm just not interested in 1 sentence descriptions

hp increase ALWAYS should be optional depending on the equipment one uses
i actually have 1 point in hp increase but i still have 1.5k hp which is pretty good imo >_>

i was thinking of making a yuki guide but theres alot more testing and things i need to learn before doing so >_>

Hi

01-20-2009   #19 (permalink)
You're my prince... =)
Games

^Why would you waste a set effect/set based on Vit for Yuki when she obviously needs mana? I don't know what more to put about the skills. I could put the in-game descriptions, but that is pretty much worthless.

And since I have nearly 2k at Lv55 on Yuki with no +vit...I'd say HP Increase is better than wasting +vit on some armour when you could be using for the L. Drake Set/H./L. Rega/Lir.

01-20-2009   #20 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

Eh, in the case of most of the Lunia population, it is indeed preferable that they have more HP, which would hopefully make them more.. durable.

For people that are more experienced at dodging, it does become optional and the points could possibly be used to max another skill.