MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Lunia > Lunia Guides > Yuki Guides

Eudemons Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Eudemons Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (2) Thread Tools Display Modes
09-25-2008   2 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
Light of Judgement
Awards MoM Award

Seraph is on a distinguished road
IGN: FrostSeraph
Class: Yuki
Level: 69
Guild: Synergy
Default Yuki Guide [IN PROGRESS]

Credits to Gaiety for format.
Whoo, first guide!

Other Guides/Websites
Skill Calculator
Airbend3r's Yuki Skill Guide
Wakatsuki's Equip Crafting Guide(JLunia)

I. [Info]
Name: Yuki (Ice girl)
Height: 170 cm
Job: Ice girl mage/Ice mage
Personality: Slim and Stoic Ice Girl, "Yuki." Have fear on new things, so gives wide berth on other kind. Disdains act of destruction, have a single minded views that cannot forgive herself about hurting others, but she have important role as powerful Ice and cold air user's high mage in snow girl's village.
(Credits to LuCkY for this info.)

I consider Yuki very much like a Tia+Eir+Dainn mix as she has combo creativity like Tia, melee strings like Eir, and spell combo/spam like Dainn.

II. [Vocabulary]
dAS- Dash AS
Freeze- Skills with this type of effct usually encase the enemy in a block of ice and render them immobile for a certain amount of time.
Shift- Changing direction mid-combo, usually done right after the enemy is knocked into the air really high.
339, 664, 119, etc.- Most players use the number pad on the right-hand side to move diagonally during comboes, or even in general.
1- Moving diagonally down-left
2- Moving down
3- Moving diagonally down-right
4- Moving left
5- No purpose
6- Moving right
7- Moving diagonally up-left
8- Moving up
9- Moving diagonally up-right

III. [Pros]
- CAN'T BE KNOCKED BACK BY SKILLS
i.e. Holy Shout, Hand of Earth, Counter
<-- Can be good and bad for stages
- HIGH damage skills
- Easy long melee strings
- MP is about as good as Dainn's
- Most skills have very low cooldown
- AMAZING freezing effects from skills
- Two high movement-type skills
- AAS (S is an attack that attacks in a 360 range around Yuki. This can be used to shift around walls and keep opponents away.)

IV. [Cons]
- AMAZINGLY LOW HP
- All skills are cold elemental
- Low melee damage
- Multiple hits with almost everything has negative effects with damage decay in PvP
- Lack of skills to keep enemy away forces Yuki to have less MP charge in PvP
- Level 60 skill is pretty useless with crappy AI (Thanks, Rumah)

V. Skills
First Tab

KEY:Skill Name-(Offensive skills, gotten at what level)- Skill Description
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ice Bomb-(LVL2)- Yuki shoots out 4 icicles, 2 at a time.
Recommendation: MAX or 0, in stages this can hit for a nice 1k damage on big enemies, 1k per 7 seconds is pretty nice in stages.
NOTE: This skill is dash-cancellable.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ice Arrow-(LVL4)- Yuki shoots out 6 bolts of ice after charging up a bit. Range increases by a little for every skill level.
Recommendation: MAX for stages, 1/MAX for PvP, this is a vital long-range skill and can be used to keep PvP opponents away.

Ice Giant's Fist-(LVL8)- Yuki sends out 3 giant blue fists straight in front of her. Can also be used as a damage-reset skill.
Recommendation: MAX or 1, this skill is nice for shifting, does nice damage and has low cooldown

Ice Pillar-(LVL12)- Yuki sends out 6 ice pillars around her. Can also be used as a damage-reset skill.
Recommendation: MAX or 1, this skill is pretty much only used for damage reset and doesn't do so bad of damage when maxed, although there are better skills to invest in.

Icicle Rain Shower-(LVL16)- Yuki spins around and icicles rain down around her. AMAZING damage and juggles.
Recommendation: MAX, no matter what build, this skill juggles enemies, goes around Yuki and deals HIGH damage.

Summon Glacier-(LVL20)- Yuki spins and floats in the air for a few seconds and claps her hands together, a meteor then falls from the sky and blows up. This skill deals high damage when maxed, and floats the opponent very high as well.
Recommendation: 0, 1, or MAX, This skill deals nice damage and has a big range, but make sure you are safe before using it as you could get hit while charging it up.
NOTE: MAX does damage comparable to Dainn's meteor.

Second Tab
Cold Whirlwind-(LVL20)- Yuki dashes quickly in front of her, leaving a big glyph that damages and slows enemies.
NOTE: This skill deals damage to enemies on the ground. It is possible that it can lift people up from the ground to get hit by projectiles such as Ice Arrow, but I haven't tested this yet.
Recommendation: 1, MAX, I highly recommend one point for the mobility. MAX is for stage builds who like to deal with mobs.
NOTE: Can be used to rush at people in PvP and get in an Icicle Rain.
Ice Dragon's Heart-(LVL24)- Yuki sends out an orb that shoots out many icicles.
Recommendation: 1, MAX, In stages, this skill deals tons of damage to bosses if all icicles hit. In PvP this is a cheap skill to charge MP with.
Cold Nuclear-(LVL28)- This skill leaves a small orb of ice in front of Yuki. Any enemy that touches the orb gets frozen for a short period of time.
Recommendation: 1, 4, Stage builds leave it at one for a quick getaway from bosses, PvP builds leave it at 4 for a boost in freezing time.
NOTE: If used, chain Ice Meteor right after it to get in a cheap hit. (Thanks Rumah)

Ice Dragon-(LVL30)- Yuki summons an ice dragon around her which flies up and juggles enemies three times. This skill is amazing and takes .01 seconds to actually cast.
Recommendation: MAX, this skill is dash-cancellable when the dragon comes out and deals nice damage.

Ice Bomb-(LVL34)- This skill makes Yuki charge up her ice spirits into a ball of energy and smash it into the ground, freezing enemies in a wide radius for 2 seconds.
Recommendation: 1, This skill is cancelled VERY easily and in 1v1 PvP, near impossible to pull off. Use mostly in stages where people have your back.
WARNING: This skill takes 4 seconds to cast.
Rain of Ice-(LVL40)- This skill makes Yuki float into the air and pelts of ice rain down upon the enemy in front of her. Similar to Dainn's Rain of Fire, albeit a bit faster.
Recommendation:1, the damage for this skill is pretty pathetic at MAX, use this skill for flinching mobs in stages and opponents in PvP.
Third Tab
Teleport-(LVL40)- This skill makes Yuki vanish and move very quickly in the direction you're holding. This skill is similar to Tia's jump, but you can get hit in the middle of it while you're invisible. Higher levels probably increase range of movement, but this hasn't been tested yet.
Recommendation:1, use this skill to rush through mobs or to get close to your opponent in PvP.
NOTE: This skill can be cancelled through in the middle with any skill. I usually use this to get close to my opponent and use Ice Dragon.
Freezing Barrage-(LVL50)- This skill makes Yuki stand still and shoot 11 icicles straight in front of her. The icicles freeze enemies for a short amount of time.
Recommendation:1, MAX, This skill is nice for bosses in stage, as it freezes them and allows allies to escape from hard-hitting moves, such as Regal's dragon. In PvP if you can somehow get this in... it freezes for a considerably large amount of time.
NOTE: This skill can be cancelled somehow, but I don't know how yet, if anyone can tell me I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Blizzard-(LVL54)- This skill leaves a blanket of ice in front of Yuki, dealing damage over time to enemies inside of it. Useful for mobs and getting in other skills in PvP.
Recommendation:1, the skill doesn't increase so much in damage when leveled.
NOTE: This skill has a .31 cast time.
Summon Ice Queen-(LVL60)- This skill takes 3 seconds to cast and brings in an Ice Queen to fight for Yuki.
Recommendation:1, MAX, this skill is somewhat useless but nice in PvP, I guess.
NOTE: Ice Queen sends out nadoes, ice arrows, freezes enemy in place, and pushes enemies back.
SOME OF THESE SKILLS HAVE NO ELEMENT, meaning Ice Queen is still useful against MDef.
Bless Tab
Mana Extension-(LVL10)- This skill gives a boost in MP for any allies around Yuki in a small radius.
Recommendation:0,7, this skill is a lifesaver for PvP when you're at 0 HP, and is good for healers who are at 0 HP and have no MP so that they can heal themselves.
Fire resistance-(LVL10)- This skill gives large amounts of fire resistance to any allies in a small radius around Yuki.
Recommendation:0, this is a pretty useless skill unless you ONLY PvP Dainn characters.
Cold Resistance-(LVL10)- This skill gives large amounts of cold resistance to any allies in a small radius around Yuki.
Recommendation:0, this is a pretty useless skill unless you ONLY PvP Dainn characters.
Earth Resistance-(LVL10)- This skill gives large amounts of earth resistance to any allies in a small radius around Yuki.
Recomendation:0, this is a useless skill even when fighting Dainn as most of the time, the only damaging skills they use are Meteor and Fury of the Land.
Ability Tab
Mana Recovery-(LVL8)-This skill increases the amount of MP recovery recieved after every second.
Recommendation: 0, MAX, this skill is pretty useless when Yuki has mana recharge, but pretty good in PvP if you have extra points.

Mana Increase-(LVL9)- This skill increases the amount of MP Yuki has.
Recommendation: Whatever points you can spare, this skill also increases the amount of MP Yuki can charge by holding S.

Magic Critical-(LVL14)- This skill enables magic to do critical damage. (Criticals deal 1.5x normal damage)
Recommendation:0,1, MAX, this skill is really bad to rely on for extra damage, but 1 point should suffice as extra damage wouldn't hurt you.

Concentrate-(LVL19)- This skill enables a small chance that using a skill won't cost any MP at all.
Recomendation:0,1, this skill is not so good, since Yuki has mana recharge, but if you have extra points, this skill wouldn't hurt in PvP.

HP Increase-(LVL34)- This skill increases the amount of HP Yuki has.
Recommendation: MAX, who doesn't need HP?

VI. [Comboes]
a. AS beats AAS as a direct combo starter as it gives more height and can be shifted after, much like Eir's.
b. Abuse Yuki's freezing effects often for sleepbind-type comboes.

Basics
AAS AA dAS AAS AA dAS AAS AA dAS, etc. (Yuki can go pretty much forever in a straight line with this melee infinite.)

(Facing 6)- AS 339 AAS AA dAS AAS AA dAS AAS

Intermediate
Yuki can also shift from a wall, although it requires somewhat fast reflexes from user. Moving 9 and then using S must be very quick as waiting too long will make the enemy fall down and cause Yuki to start charging MP.

(Facing 6, up against a wall and enemy is up into the air)- AA 9 S 2 AA dAS, etc.
Comments/Suggestions/Criticism appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by Seraph; 03-16-2009 at 09:12 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-25-2008   #2 (permalink)
很可爱已經吃掉了
Games
LuniaMabinogiEden EternalVindictus

Cookies has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Cookies

Credit yeti-kun for formatz?

09-25-2008   #3 (permalink)
Light of Judgement
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by LALA Lander
Credit yeti-kun for formatz?
Forgotz about that. D:

09-25-2008   #4 (permalink)
Vicious Yetituff
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineEden EternalLeague of LegendsLunia
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

Gaiety will become famous soon enough

Everyone totally forgets to ask first, too.

09-25-2008   #5 (permalink)
It's Super Effective!

Soryn is on a distinguished road
IGN: Soryn; Conflux
Class: Eir; Yuki lu_yuki
Guild: DashAttack

To cons, you might want to add that her skills are very mana intense compared to other classes. You'll find yourself running out of mp very quickly if you're no good at managing it. Also, not really sure if it's a con, but her level 60 is pretty useless. Dunno if you wanna add that or not lol.

09-25-2008   #6 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

IloveIngrid is on a distinguished road

nice, good info although I hate yuki gj ;D

09-26-2008   #7 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Mengjun is on a distinguished road
IGN: AngeloDiabolica
Class: Krieg lt_gunslinger
Level: 59
Guild: DashAttack / Synergy(Lunia, not MMOG))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soryn
To cons, you might want to add that her skills are very mana intense compared to other classes. You'll find yourself running out of mp very quickly if you're no good at managing it. Also, not really sure if it's a con, but her level 60 is pretty useless. Dunno if you wanna add that or not lol.
I don't see why that's a problem. Yuki can charge up her mana right?

09-26-2008   #8 (permalink)
It's Super Effective!

^Yuki has less opportunities to do so in pvp than a mage does. With the lack of FDH and fire orb to keep away it leaves much less breathing room to do so (assuming your opponent plays in an offensive manner).

09-26-2008   #9 (permalink)
綿月依姫

Watatsuki is a jewel in the roughWatatsuki is a jewel in the roughWatatsuki is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Falsita
Class: 冰之魔法師 lu_yuki
Level: 5x
Guild: Foriel Union

Yays, I got my Alchemy guide linked too here. XD

Good work and I'm looking forward to it. I hope I can learn to use my Yuki a bit better.

09-26-2008   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

camelopardais is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mengjun
I don't see why that's a problem. Yuki can charge up her mana right?
yea but its hard to do so in pvp since she doesnt have thsoe skills that dainn has to keep ur opponent away so u could charge up, although each time she charge she gets a lil mroe than dainn though....i think
Taelie-2x Dacy-Jlunia
Psellias-2x Yuki-Jlunia
menfuisus-Dacy-Tlunia-dead

09-26-2008   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Stalker

Airbend3r is on a distinguished road

god why does every1 kill my name >_<
Quote:
Airb3nder's
its not that hard! But other that that it looks good =)
PrincessEir(healer)-lv75
JelloBend3r(lime)-Lv76
SpartanLaser(arien)-Lv78
Biffle(yuki)-Lv60
CurryMaster(tia)-Lv60
MissilePod(ryan)-Lv70
Unanimous(dacy)-Lv71
PlasmaCannon(Kali)-Lv60

09-26-2008   #12 (permalink)
Light of Judgement
Awards MoM Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbend3r
god why does every1 kill my name >_< its not that hard! But other that that it looks good =)
We <3 you too kk.

09-27-2008   #13 (permalink)
sexy can I?

imported_john will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to imported_john
IGN: john
Class: Eir to_boxer
Level: 58

Yuki has the most amazing shifts. They can combo combo << melee string that pulls you towards then > melee string away. I don't know exactly what it is but ask RPG or rumah they should know lol. my eyes went 0_0 when i first saw it lol

09-27-2008   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Lunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of lightLunar is a glorious beacon of light

it's just aas away and towards.. or wutever..

09-27-2008   #15 (permalink)
MMOG Stalker

Jeko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by john
Yuki has the most amazing shifts. They can combo combo << melee string that pulls you towards then > melee string away. I don't know exactly what it is but ask RPG or rumah they should know lol. my eyes went 0_0 when i first saw it lol
That looks quite good.

09-27-2008   #16 (permalink)
fishy~

flsg will become famous soon enoughflsg will become famous soon enough
IGN: R.I.P fishies
Class: Tia, Sieg, Eir lu_tia
Level: ??, 55, 55
Guild: Solstice, Solstice, Chosens

perhaps it's just me but judging by the skills description yuki is uber powerful o.0
and why can she dash cancel almost every skill >_<;

09-27-2008   #17 (permalink)
Light of Judgement
Awards MoM Award

B****, because she can. lololololol

Anyway, she has major weaknesses too. x.x
I don't think I listed them all yet.

09-27-2008   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Jumper is on a distinguished road

OHHHHHHH
So THAT'S why when I did AAA>>AS (or something along those lines due to lag) in JL to a Yuki she didn't get knocked back and I could continue. o.o

09-27-2008   #19 (permalink)
It's Super Effective!

Quote:
Cold Resistance-(LVL10)- This skill gives large amounts of cold resistance to any allies in a small radius around Yuki.
It's also surprisingly useful against other Yukis. I've had some dainns use it agaisnt me and I was doing like 3/4 damage to them. Worth the point? Probably not, but definitely something to consider if you're losing to other Yukis and don't have mp buff.

09-27-2008   #20 (permalink)
*insert title here*

Azuna is on a distinguished road

Ice Bomb is a great skill in stage and raids. I see plenty of Yukis maxing it.