ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Wonderland Online (http://ggftw.com/forum/wonderland-online/)
-   -   Wonderland Online (http://ggftw.com/forum/wonderland-online/46242-wonderland-online.html)

Tardar 05-03-2009 06:53 PM

Wonderland Online

Wonderland Online <-- (IGG site for Wonderland)

I remember this game from the MT days, and it was pretty big, and was wondering if anyone really remembers it. It actually seems like a really great game since there is an actual balance (Fire > Wind > Earth > Water > Fire > so on), that and the company even after about two years doesn't seem greedy at all. You can even trade the Item Mall items. Albeit, the items are expensive, but with the Remote Control (essentially a easily obtained auto-bot), item farming for money is easy-peasy. This also has some storyline. There are pet NPC characters that die and stuff, and it's just so exciting. ^O^ Oh, by the way, this is turn-by-turn combat, in case you didn't know.

So it's this game I've been playing lately, and I actually enjoy it because it seems to be one of those games I can enjoy without having to be pissed off while I'm "enjoying" it (*cough* Trickster *cough*). Another thing is, Wonderland doesn't have a filter. You can curse, which is nice because, well, let's face it, some companies do a terrible job at censoring curse words. Only major "flaw" I see with it, is that it's graphics aren't too stellar, but hell, if it let's me run two clients (known as two characters in this game...) then I don't care at all. That and the learning curve is pretty steep since it takes a bit to understand what you're doing. My advice, is get a guild stat. They are practically everywhere.

If anyone is playing/wants to play, I'm on Aries, and my IGNs (both almost always on) are Kino and Kinosh.

Current players:

|Ign - Server - Element - Forum name|
-Kino - Aries - Water - Momijii
-Kinosh - Aries - Wind - Momijii
-Sanctus - Aries - Fire - Sanctus
-SanctusII - Aries - Water - Sanctus

JustinBieber 05-03-2009 07:00 PM

The economy must suck if there's an autobot that farms money.

Is that remote control thing even legal?

Tardar 05-03-2009 07:05 PM

Yes, it is legal. And is easily obtainable at level 1.
It doesn't suck that bad, I mean it's easy to get money if you have access to the Item Mall, but really if you can run two Trickster accounts easily, then you could probably run four or more characters on Wonderland. Seeing how I can barely run one Trickster account and can run one character perfectly, and two so-so.

Most of the people I have seen are quite content with the game.

buta 05-03-2009 09:24 PM

I just remember ecchi-ish pictures. And something about the girl that I was using as a party member dying later on. And then I got discouraged and stopped. >_>

arno 05-03-2009 09:26 PM

The Remote Control is interesting.
How is the exp?

Tardar 05-04-2009 03:30 AM

In general, I've found the EXP to be slow, but I'm also a noob, so I have no idea really to train.
As of now, the best way (I've found) to level is two characters (usually both mine), in a party sitting, remote on auto attack, and sitting in a spot where the monsters can come to you.

Miyuki 05-04-2009 03:40 AM

Used to play it with some members here, but didn't get much hooked on it so quitted ._.

Faith 05-04-2009 03:58 AM

Pretty much same thing occurred to me that happened to Miyuki. There really isn't much that keeps you playing in the game... Other then the ecchi pictures of course.

Javier 05-04-2009 07:01 AM

A few of my guildies back in TO used to play it. The graphics were/are a major turnoff for me, so I never got around to trying it.

Sodacan 05-04-2009 07:49 AM

I might give it a try. The not-so-great graphics are somewhat of a turn on. My computer can handle them. 8D

Tardar 05-04-2009 12:24 PM

^ That's kind of half the reason I play it. I'll PM/wall chat you and we can talk k?

I mean honestly, most game companies go money crazy after about two years. It's been about two years since I first heard about Wonderland, and as far as I can tell, the company is hardly greedy. Their Item Mall is pretty empty, means they either don't update a lot (Update tomorrow guys!!), or they aren't greedy.

Sanctus 05-04-2009 04:30 PM

Ehh, bored untill Luna opens up so, what the heck, I'll go for it. ;D
I'll most likely be using the name Sanctus if its not taken. Momijii wanna add me when I finish downloading?

Tardar 05-04-2009 06:52 PM

Well, I'm not playing right now lols. xD
I'll probably be playing tomorrow, I was busy today with the Dragonica Jewel Pack Codes...

/starts an IGN list

Sanctus 05-04-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faith (Post 818867)
Other then the ecchi pictures of course.

http://thecautionarywhale.files.word...08/nom-nom.jpg
That might be interesting. :jj:

Tardar 05-04-2009 07:39 PM

There's one that you get when you enter a hotspring (for a HP and SP bonus +10 so find it stat lols), where if you're a girl character you get free bewbie picture. Too bad their arms are around them. I hear Brelliat and Kono Tsuroko have the biggest looking one's, I'm not sure. Kino and Kinosh are both little girls.

Sanctus 05-04-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Momijii (Post 819924)
There's one that you get when you enter a hotspring (for a HP and SP bonus +10 so find it stat lols), where if you're a girl character you get free bewbie picture. Too bad their arms are around them. I hear Brelliat and Kono Tsuroko have the biggest looking one's, I'm not sure. Kino and Kinosh are both little girls.

Me likey already. :jj: And I'm just logging in now so I'll edit this post with my element and stuff.
EDIT: So... what should I add my points into? :O

Spectre 05-04-2009 08:17 PM

I played this back in beta....tbh i hated it -.-

Sanctus 05-04-2009 08:32 PM

Aww, I was hoping to make an army of MMOG'ers in it. :jj:

Tardar 05-05-2009 03:36 AM

Well thanks for your input Teu... :O

What element are you and what do you plan on being?

Sanctus 05-05-2009 06:16 AM

Well, tbh I havent made my character yet, so can you tell me what jobs or classes there are and what the elements do?