ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Wonder King Online (http://ggftw.com/forum/wonder-king-online/)
-   -   Couple questions (http://ggftw.com/forum/wonder-king-online/69557-couple-questions.html)

SOC 01-29-2010 06:34 AM

Couple questions
 
Does this game have PvP? If so, how is it? Rules? Rooms? Balance? Automatic restatting like in La Tale? No re-statting rooms?

Does this game have guild wars? If so, how is it?

How is this game when it comes to bossing? Are they big and cool and fun and long, like in end-game MapleStory/La Tale, or are they just like MushMoms?

How is the leveling? I don't mind a little grinding, but MapleStory is too much and too repetitive/boring/soul crushing. Are the monsters more engaging like in La Tale or more "standard" like in MapleStory?

Do monsters damage on touch contact like in MapleStory or only if they attack like in La Tale?

How is the game's balance? Are two-handed swords awesome, or is that job too heavily dependent on other jobs (for partying) to be effective because of their low defense?

Cash shop balance? Pay to win or is it pretty balanced and cool?

How many people currently play?

How is the game's music and sounds?

Is it a casual game or a hardcore game?

Lastly, what do YOU think about this game overall? (Yes, I checked the ratings page but I had all these questions to ask)

Globalastro 01-29-2010 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SOC (Post 1140358)
Does this game have PvP? If so, how is it? Rules? Rooms? Balance? Automatic restatting like in La Tale? No re-statting rooms?

Currently, they have been totally re-doing the pvp style and it is apparently not like it used to be at all, so until it's re-released, we will not know
[quote]
Does this game have guild wars? If so, how is it?
[/quote[
same as above
Quote:

How is this game when it comes to bossing? Are they big and cool and fun and long, like in end-game MapleStory/La Tale, or are they just like MushMoms?
Theyre completely different from the mobs. Rambong, boss of the beehive is a giant "Macho" Bee with machine guns, In most cases, the bosses are "Extentions" to nearby mobs with completely different looks (they look more... "adult" than the mobs) with the exception of some which are completely different from every mob in the game and some "hidden" bosses that just have maybe 1 or 2 visual differences, but better drops.
Quote:

How is the leveling? I don't mind a little grinding, but MapleStory is too much and too repetitive/boring/soul crushing. Are the monsters more engaging like in La Tale or more "standard" like in MapleStory?
The grind is... very workable. I hate grinding, but i gained 2 levels by grinding alone because i'm tired of doing 30%exp worth in quests, then having to grind for the next level, so it was nice to just stay in one area and continue grinding. As for the monsters. I never played maple, but most mobs have set attack animations instead of just bouncing at you, if that's what you mean?
Quote:

Do monsters damage on touch contact like in MapleStory or only if they attack like in La Tale?
There is touch damage, but it's drastically reduced from attack damage. With high level mobs sometimes doing as little as 1 damage for touch damage.
Quote:

How is the game's balance? Are two-handed swords awesome, or is that job too heavily dependent on other jobs (for partying) to be effective because of their low defense?
They are constantly working on the balance, at the moment, many cry about it, but I dont find it so bad.
Quote:

Cash shop balance? Pay to win or is it pretty balanced and cool?
The cash shop was Just opened so it's a bit lacking at the moment, the only things that are statted are shoes and gloves (shoes +1.5 jump, gloves either +5 wis or +5 vit) They have not added any mounts, pets, blessing pots, or exp/drop bonus scrolls yet.
Quote:

How many people currently play?
Hard to tell. Due to SevenOne's German Version, they pulled an optional line in the contract about restricting it's area's players from playing other versions, so nDoors wonderking had to ip ban all european players and the same thing will most likely happen with players from the Philippians.
Quote:

How is the game's music and sounds?
Dunno, i play with it muted and listen to music or listen to the tv usually in any game i play.
Quote:

Is it a casual game or a hardcore game?
I spend about 10-16 hours a day in the Tech section of the forums trying to help out, but i'm at 65. I maybe play 1-2 hours every couple days (actual playtime, not sitting afk time)
Quote:

Lastly, what do YOU think about this game overall? (Yes, I checked the ratings page but I had all these questions to ask)
I love the game, Otherwise I wouldnt be helping with tech support to make sure more people can play. At the same time, If I didnt like the game, i'd NEVER go for a forum mod position. So maybe this review is a bit biased because I am a forum mod there, but still, you really should try it out for yourself to find out if you like it.

Virus 01-30-2010 11:53 AM

I'm actually really enjoying Wonder King. The graphics, music and monster designs are appealing to me. Also, the equipment designs are -very- good, in my opinion. You really don't even need to buy Cash Shop clothes in order to have a great look for yourself.

Leveling is very easy, so it's definitely a game even a casual gamer can enjoy. I myself don't spend that much time on it, but I easily made it to Lv.5x with just a bit of questing and easy grinding here and there.

I like that the bosses that drop great equipment, and give great exp are instanced so you don't have to pray to god that someone isn't killing all the bosses you have to kill on every channel. Get some friends, party up, fight the boss and gain lots of exp, great gear and money to -easily- fund yourself.

The hackers can be a pain sometimes in certain areas, but thankfully there aren't nearly as many as there were back in CB. (If there were I would have quit..)

Overall, it's a pretty great game worth checking out in my honest opinion.

SOC 01-30-2010 02:02 PM

Thanks for the replies, guys~ ^^

I'm low on time until summer so I wanted to hear more about it based on how I know how I feel when playing new MMOs, because I don't really have much time to try out a whole new game and experience its many offers.

Thanks again guys!

EDIT:
I'm definitely going to try it some day, but it'll most likely be when my summer starts. Also, how is the lag in this game?

Janna 02-01-2010 04:01 PM

I don't experience any lag whatsoever. :3 I've been playing for close to a month, though I'm currently on break until the hackers are removed. There's too many of them and it's tough to train in the popular, high-level areas.

Metalzdragon 02-01-2010 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyuno (Post 1143617)
There's too many of them and it's tough to train in the popular, high-level areas.

Everwood Lumberyard IV and Wasteyard I :py64:

Then again it's actually possible to find a Lumberyard spot as opposed to North Lab 12f or Temple 19f.

Virus 02-01-2010 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalzdragon (Post 1143800)
Everwood Lumberyard IV and Wasteyard I :py64:

Then again it's actually possible to find a Lumberyard spot as opposed to North Lab 12f or Temple 19f.

In Windus North Lab 12 doesn't really get hackers that often from what I've seen the past few days. Heck, it's barely even got anybody there at all probably due to the fact that it takes forever to get there from town, then you have to repot then go all the way back there.

It only takes a couple of maps to get to Temple 19 since you can warp to the Temple Entrance from town, head up to the Roof then take that portal into room 17 I believe? Already practically there.

SOC 02-02-2010 05:49 AM

How is the stat/skill system? How many different stats are there, and what do they do?

Are the stats automatically distribute or do you add them in your self? (I think Vith said that you add your own stats in, but I wasn't sure)

How many different skills are there? From the trailers, it looks like a very linear skill tree so there's not much difference in players other than their jobs and equipment.

I'm still really interested, just trying to get some more information to share with my sister to see if she'll play. XD She's really picky about MMORPGs. <_< (She refuses to even try Mabinogi Heroes or Dragon Nest because of gender locked classes /sigh)

Virus 02-04-2010 02:13 AM

Yes, you assign stat points yourself, but at least that gives a little more as far as coming up with different builds depending on your personal needs/wants.

If I remember correctly the stats are, Strength, Dexterity, Vitality, Luck, and Wisdom (I'm probably forgetting something)

Strength of course adds physical attack power and is the main stat for the warrior.

Dexterity adds accuracy, but also damage if you're an Archer or Gunner I believe.

Vitality increases your HP and defense.

Luck increases evasion as well as adds attack power for Thieves.

Wisdom increases MP and adds attack power for Mages.

--

Someone correct me if I'm wrong on anything. I'm not logged in to check to be certain :P

As for skills, it depends on what you've seen since some people don't learn certain skills at all if they deem them worthless, or if they -do- have to learn them as prerequisites they won't actually use them, but overall there aren't -that- many skills, though depending on your class the flashiness of the skills might make up for that :P

Globalastro 02-05-2010 09:50 PM

you forgot intelligence lol wisdom does not add M.attack power, Int does.

BeanMarine 02-05-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Miyuno (Post 1143617)
I don't experience any lag whatsoever. :3 I've been playing for close to a month, though I'm currently on break until the hackers are removed. There's too many of them and it's tough to train in the popular, high-level areas.

Is there currently no way to report hackers? :\

Metalzdragon 02-06-2010 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeanMarine (Post 1148281)
Is there currently no way to report hackers? :\

The only way to do it is to take a screen shot of them and mail the email address for hacking.

I forget what the Email Address was though.

They really should have an in game system :py14:

Virus 02-06-2010 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Globalastro (Post 1148218)
you forgot intelligence lol wisdom does not add M.attack power, Int does.

I knew that..... I was just checkin.. heh heh...... :py35:

*Sobs* :py56:

BeanMarine 02-06-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalzdragon (Post 1148305)
The only way to do it is to take a screen shot of them and mail the email address for hacking.

I forget what the Email Address was though.

They really should have an in game system :py14:

Yeah, I think I accidentally +repped a hacker while clicking around for the 'reporting' button -_-; /fail


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.