ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Wonder King Online (http://ggftw.com/forum/wonder-king-online/)
-   -   Wonder King (http://ggftw.com/forum/wonder-king-online/48995-wonder-king.html)

Frosty 06-07-2009 01:18 AM

Wonder King

Quote:

NDOORS Interactive announced on the Game Developers' Conference that NDOORS plans to release a new title, WonderKing Online, in the second quarter of 2009. Application for WonderKing Online CBT has started! Players who want to participate in this closed beta test can apply for a closed beta key on WonderKing Online's official site.

This 2D, side-scrolling MMORPG takes players on a wildly adventurous journey with story-by-story quests, much like a fantasy novel. Players will travel from beautiful beaches to murky marshlands and frigid snowfields as they take on the mantle of WonderKing to save the world. Designed for gamers of all ages, WonderKing's character advancement system allows players to grow into higher classes, each designed to suit different play styles.

some ss + gameplay
http://feature.mmosite.com/content/2...317854,1.shtml
http://feature.mmosite.com/content/2...709805,1.shtml

http://upload.wonderking.co.kr/resou...9I26RJASHO.jpg

http://upload.wonderking.co.kr/resou...RR39C1LR4R.jpg

http://upload.wonderking.co.kr/resou...5SF3KT9Y96.jpg

CBT register
WONDER KING -ONLINE

Korean website
▷ 무한미션 RPG 원더킹 - Wonderking ◁

Its Maple Story x LaTale!

Going to try the beta tho they haven't announce the beta date yet.

Dook 06-07-2009 10:26 AM

Wow a total MS clone apart from:

+ Absurd Jumping ability
+ Large LARGE damage numbers.
+ Fugly Skills (Apart from the mage's meteor)
+ Stiff animation here and there.

erm yea, I don't really see much similarity with LaTale actually o_O apart from the obvious of course.

Quite a shame I enjoyed NDOORS's service when I played AO. I wished they picked a better (looking) game to host =/

LiLMewmew 06-07-2009 04:31 PM

I played more Maple Story than Latale, but IMO, it's a Latale CLONE. >=)

RoflKnife 06-07-2009 04:43 PM

When will devs stick in a good combat system so it's not like those other 238749234723 2D side scrolling RPGs?

Sanichi 06-07-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tengkar (Post 855454)
Wow a total MS clone apart from:

+ Absurd Jumping ability
+ Large LARGE damage numbers.
+ Fugly Skills (Apart from the mage's meteor)
+ Stiff animation here and there.

erm yea, I don't really see much similarity with LaTale actually o_O apart from the obvious of course.

Quite a shame I enjoyed NDOORS's service when I played AO. I wished they picked a better (looking) game to host =/

The meteors were so random XD

Dook 06-07-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLMewmew (Post 855659)
I played more Maple Story than Latale, but IMO, it's a Latale CLONE. >=)

Nuuu It's MS Clone I tell J00!!!!!!!!!! >=O

O hai I just found out it has pvp, an interesting one apparently o_O
Moar info here.

I'll still give it a miss tho.

NDOORS! Host Tenvi instead pl0x! Steal it from Nexon >8D

Frosty 06-07-2009 11:24 PM

Well its kind of a MS + LT clone.

- MS char/map look
- LT traps in maps and mining and quest i think

All 2d sidescroll are basically the same but the only important thing is the grind. Hope its not as bad as MS and LT.

Its from ndoors so it will be ok (they listen to players atleast) and they are managing AO pretty well.

Javier 06-07-2009 11:58 PM

I dunno, lol ~_~

Why do all these avatars of 2d sidescrollers HAVE to look like Maple/Lafail avatars? I like NDOORS and all but I may pass on this ;-;

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tengkar (Post 855777)
NDOORS! Host Tenvi instead pl0x! Steal it from Nexon >8D

Friggin agree 100%. Been wanting to try Tenvi for ages >_>

Teleclast 06-14-2009 09:02 PM

I can't wait for Tenvi to come out as well, but WonderKing is great.

For those who say it's a MapleStory clone, far from it buddy. AFAIK WK was out before LT as well, but I won't bite my tongue on that one. In either case, it's not similar at all.

WonderKing plays a lot smoother than Maple, has more 'systems', has 'instances' (NICE!), mining, a few other systems (MapleStory actually stole them from WK, like Family System, WK had planned since it was released and also released it before MS). I played kWK for a while, and it was fun, I've had a few friends play too. I only quit because I was gone for the weekend and the friends I started with decided to leave because 'it was boring without you!', so I got screwed, and ended up quititng (any MMO is boring solo).

Frosty 06-15-2009 03:39 AM

how is the grind compared to MS/LT?

Teleclast 06-15-2009 02:53 PM

Compared to LT it's about the same, except grind based more than Quest based.

Compared to MS, it's a lot lighter, and because of some instances, you have a lot to take your mind off of senseless grinding, and you also don't have as much KSing.

TaXXi 06-17-2009 12:51 AM

can not wait for it to come out. I looked through some guide's to see what
class i will take and i am going to pick the warrior. Nothing beats a big blade
of steel. Maybe i take Knight. i still thinking. They both has nice skill lists.

Javier 06-17-2009 01:15 AM

Quote:

The title's playful visuals and gameplay is designed to appeal to teenagers and pre-teens -- ages 12 to 15 -- looking for a light, engaging online experience.
Not a very promising prospect... D:

Tea 06-17-2009 02:07 AM

you'd want it to be dirty and wh0re-ish to appeal to 20+ ? lol just saying.. the characters n environment was cartoony to appeal to a young crowd.. which most of all the cartoon-ish games apply to the same audience.

Teleclast 06-17-2009 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tea (Post 865921)
you'd want it to be dirty and wh0re-ish to appeal to 20+ ? lol just saying.. the characters n environment was cartoony to appeal to a young crowd.. which most of all the cartoon-ish games apply to the same audience.

Why yes, yes I would.

Not because it would be dirty and whorish, but just because I want less kids around. The funny thing is, you'd get more teenagers by making it dirty and whorish!

P.S. My avatar is from WonderKing, one of the vendors ;] I used to use it on H-S about 2 years ago XD

TaXXi 06-17-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

i think they look pretty nice. I guess they can get the biggest audience this way. Theres lots of adults at maplestory and it has the same kiddy graphics.

Veloze 06-18-2009 05:57 AM

Quote:

you'd want it to be dirty and wh0re-ish to appeal to 20+ ?

Why, yes .

TaXXi 06-18-2009 06:23 AM

I saw really cool picture
WonderKingHQ • View topic - [PIC]some flashy skills
i think it all high level skills but they look really nicely made
anybody can read japanese and tell me what it says at the
bottom of the picture with the picture of a shotgun and a ?sniper?

Tea 06-18-2009 11:27 AM

I LOL'd irl reading the replies. ebil ebil people.. but i understand why everybody is thinking that way. XD immaturity does plague a lot of the games we play.. even older people too.. but a lot of younger though. As for the link Taxxi... its in korean.. not japanese.. so i don't quite understand it sorry. Probably some rapid shower skill.

TaXXi 06-18-2009 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tea (Post 867756)
I LOL'd irl reading the replies. ebil ebil people.. but i understand why everybody is thinking that way. XD immaturity does plague a lot of the games we play.. even older people too.. but a lot of younger though. As for the link Taxxi... its in korean.. not japanese.. so i don't quite understand it sorry. Probably some rapid shower skill.

i think i found what it is :) I read that there's indeed different kinds of weapon apparently like shotgun and machinegun and sniper (the machine gun looks funny)
WonderKingHQ • View topic - Wonderking Character Guide -Scout & ranger-
so i guess the last 2 picture's are just to show you that there's a shotgun and a sniper (maybe something newly patched at korean?). So the left one is a shotgun for sure :) and i think the right one is the sniper. I wanted to go sword warrior, but gunner looks pretty awesome.