ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > ggFTW > Questions, Feedback & Suggestions > Wiki Discussion

Zero Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
08-19-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Rusty is on a distinguished road
Default Why does MMOG host a Mabi Wiki?

Seriously.

Why does MMOG have a wiki for Mabinogi?

Theres already a really decent more popular one out there.

Wiki Home - Mabinogi World Wiki

Perhaps you can get permission, and link or something?

Then again, I suppose they probably wouldn't want a bunch of us editing their wiki like crazy, so having our own may be good...

I still like that one better, and find this one useless. ._.

Last edited by Rusty; 08-19-2008 at 06:10 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-19-2008   #2 (permalink)
sɪlvər
Awards Retired Content StaffPervert Award

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook
IGN: Silver
Class: Ag
Level: 47
Guild: Transition Metals

Well, we'll just grab the action once Mabiworld starts to slack off 8D

This is Kyuubey

08-19-2008   #3 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

Moved to the wiki discussion section.

08-19-2008   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Oh.

Thank you for the movement.

And I suppose Rook has a point. 8D

Not that I play Mabinogi anymore, I just found it weird that this site hosts a wiki, when theres a super good one out there already. :x

I complain too much though.

08-19-2008   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Awards Retired Forum Management

sunchip will become famous soon enoughsunchip will become famous soon enough

we have a mabi wiki because that's what we're all about with the multi-game community (if you looked around, you would've figured it out)

you can use whichever one you like, it doesn't make a difference to us, some people don't know about the one you mentioned, even though we haven't got much info at all on ours, it will prosper a great deal in the near future, and online is a competitive environment, it's not just a 'oh they have it, let's give up' attitude

Andrew Sun | Premier Wedding Photographer
http://www.andrewsunphotography.com

08-19-2008   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunchip
we have a mabi wiki because that's what we're all about with the multi-game community (if you looked around, you would've figured it out)

you can use whichever one you like, it doesn't make a difference to us, some people don't know about the one you mentioned, even though we haven't got much info at all on ours, it will prosper a great deal in the near future, and online is a competitive environment, it's not just a 'oh they have it, let's give up' attitude
I realize it is about multi-games and such.

I just had clicked the Wiki link, and saw Mabinogi.

I clicked it, and it linked to a wiki I had never seen before, for Mabinogi, and I was like, 'Oh, I wonder why they have one, when there is already a really good one out there.'

I also find it hard to believe that some people don't know about the other one.

If they have played Mabinogi before, and are not just beginning, the chances they wouldn't know is very near slim.

Aside from that though, you have made your point.

I never said it was bad, or to give it up, I was just questioning why.

And now I have my answer.

Thank you for the reply.

Edit: NOW QUICKLY, STEAL ALL THEIR INFORMATION! 8D

Lol. :'3

If you consider that, take that seriously, if you don't consider it, it wasn't meant to be serious anyways.

Last edited by Rusty; 08-19-2008 at 06:11 AM.

08-19-2008   #7 (permalink)
sɪlvər

Silver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond reputeSilver Rook has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via ICQ to Silver Rook Send a message via AIM to Silver Rook Send a message via MSN to Silver Rook Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Rook Send a message via Skype™ to Silver Rook

Sure you might be thinking that we're just wasting our efforts while theres a better one out there for players to use...
But you'll have to remember, theres always this feeling in me that MyMMOGames is gonna last WAY longer than Mabiworld. In fact, we'll be surpassing them in wiki once we're done with the rest I guess... Its barely our second month lol, so give us a chance please 8D

This is Kyuubey

08-19-2008   #8 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

If your wiki is useless to you then you're free to use another. Don't you dare insult the hard work of our wiki team, though, just because you view something as worthless.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

08-19-2008   #9 (permalink)
sɪlvər

Though, if it seems really useless to you. Why don't you contribute to it, therefore upgrading it in such a way that its way better than the Mabiworld one?

This is Kyuubey

08-19-2008   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

Why did other search engines come out when there was already Yahoo?
Why were other operating systems created when we had UNIX?
Why would you paint when there is already the Mona Lisa?

If everyone had the attitude of not working on something because someone else already has one, then we'd have no Google, no Windows OS, no Monet and Van Gough.
Clearly there is merit on working on something even if something like it already exists. You can improve upon it, change it, maintain it longer, add your own flair, keep it somewhere different, etc etc etc.

Kitty Empire Forever

08-19-2008   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Rook
Though, if it seems really useless to you. Why don't you contribute to it, therefore upgrading it in such a way that its way better than the Mabiworld one?
I used to fiddle with a Wiki, but the work just isn't very fun.

Besides, if I were to, I would copy, and reword stuff from the other one.

That's not very worthy, or great work.

I'll leave it to the Mabinogi Lovers and people who enjoy editing Wikis. :x

=========================

@Noe/Medoria

Uh...

Ok?

I never said to take it down, I never said you guys are foolish for hosting it.

I only questioned why you have one.

You could probably just gain permission and redirect to the current one, and all of your lives would be so much easier for one wiki.

I'm not saying to take yours down, I'm not saying you guys have done a bad job, I'm not saying anything.

I only questioned why it exists.

Indeed, I did say I view it useless, when theres a far better one out there, but, Noe, I never said your work was useless.

I never insulted the work the team has put in, you interpreted what I stated in a wrong sense.

I also seem to realize, I failed to apologize in advance this time around.

Normally, I apologize in advance when I feel my views may upset somebody, but I can't seem to find where I may have done that in this thread, so it seems I haven't.

My mistake, which I apologize for not apologizing in advance.

Also, now, I apologize for anything I say, as someone may be bound to get upset.

I lastly apologize for speaking my mind, like an American is allowed to do.

=========================

I received the answer awhile ago.

I even stated I had, and yet people continue to post, in an attempt to antagonize me.

The thread has been answered, it can be closed now.

If the thread is not locked, and people continue to post towards me, I shall refrain from replying to them in any manner, via PMs or this thread itself.

Last edited by Rusty; 08-19-2008 at 01:25 PM.

08-19-2008   #12 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty
Also, now, I apologize for anything I say, as someone may be bound to get upset.
This is the second thread as such where you've not suggested or questioned something, but rather attacked it. I'm not the only one that feels this way, we discussed this in our staff IRC channel. It was worded in such a way that a reasonable person would perceive that you are offended by the presence of the wiki. People were not "antagonizing" you, they were responding to your very tactless question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty
I lastly apologize for speaking my mind, like an American is allowed to do.
You're free to speak your mind, but I suggest learning a concept called "tact" before you just haul off and type. If you try to consider the feelings of your potential audience you can still get your point across and not piss them off.

If you choose not to read this message, which is directed at you, then the chance exists this "misunderstanding" could happen again.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

08-19-2008   #13 (permalink)
VIP
Games
MabinogiVindictusDungeon Fighter OnlineLineage

Dread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura about
Class: GeassGundam to_champion

1 day Mog Mabi wiki will be as good as World I hope....im too lazy. U forgot Guru which World seem to have beaten. I think most info come from the others/J Mabi wiki so what copying what not. We can use them as ref n make ours unique. Yeah we can direct to thier for now lol...

08-19-2008   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

I read it.

I'll try to be brief, as I don't really wish to reply, in order to keep things to a minimum.

I do what I do, it is who I am.

You shouldn't grow a disliking towards me for that.

It may even just be my diction.

What I say may come out in a harsh way, but I never intend for any harm to be done.

I should also tell you that this isn't the first place or time that some users of a forum have been offended by some things I say.

Does that mean there is something wrong with me? Perhaps.

But I find that unfair to say something is wrong with me.

(this isn't going to be brief, I suppose ._.)

I have no control over another person, I can't make them realize I didn't mean any harm, I can't make them interpret what I say in a less harsh sounding way.

It's not entirely my fault, I do however admit to being part of the blame, as I am one who has a possibly harsh sounding diction.

But it isn't my fault that someone can get upset by something that doesn't mean harm.

Alas, I begin to think I am ranting now, and I've sort of lost my place.

I've been up for awhile, and when I slept, I only had a couple hours of sleep.

Thats aside the point though.

Last things I wish to say:

Yes, I may be a hypocrite for posting, after I said I wouldn't.

Thats who I am, I always do that. (._.)

Next being that I don't know what tact is.
Not the definition of it anyhow, but I'll check that up in a minute.

Furthermore, again, I apologize for any sort of problems that have arose and that may arise due to my poor choice of words, and my open attitude about how I feel towards things, with no regards to what it may mean to others.

And lastly, my motto is "Things happen." I follow a forgive and forget kind of life. I can't ask you to forgive me, nor forget this, but it would ease things up.

I wish for no ill feelings between you and I, and anyone else for that matter.

Now, I will really attempt to not post again, unless you ask me something of course.
But if you have nothing furthermore to say on the matter, or, if you do, I ask of you to be dismissive and afterwards lock the thread.

If you see no reason for the thread to be locked, then so be it.

Thank you Noe.

08-19-2008   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

Thread closed at the request of OP. Plus it has been answered and is now offtrack.

Kitty Empire Forever