ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > ggFTW > Questions, Feedback & Suggestions > Wiki Discussion

Zero Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Zero Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-05-2009   #1 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade
Default [Grand Fantasia] Quest Template

Test: The Call of Babama - /gg FTW! Grand Fantasia Wiki

Visual appearance isn't finished, but the structure, for the most part, is.

I wasn't sure if I should include the "Share" portion. Also, if there should be template structure to separate the different choices quests give, or if it should just be done textually.

Here's an example of something being structured separately: Choose What You Want - /gg FTW! La Tale Wiki!

(however it would only be for items, since money stays consistent, if I'm not mistaken.)

Also, do quests give exp... ?_?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-05-2009   #2 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games
MapleStoryLuniaKingdom of LoathingCity of Heroes
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM AwardPervert Award

Location: Narnia, and the north! Wait....is Narnia supposed to be Canada?
Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi
IGN: SakiaLumei, Arphage
Class: Aran, Blaze Wiz lt_treasurehunter
Level: 9x,3x
Guild: Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesters
Also, do quests give exp... ?_?
Some, but not all, and some give reputation, but it's never listed in the NPC dialogue. It shows you after completing the quest if you got exp or not (in your chat screen).

12-05-2009   #3 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks. Exp and rep. have been added to the template.

"Report to" and "Quest Return" added.

Last edited by Chesters; 12-05-2009 at 01:09 PM.

12-05-2009   #4 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Mitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond reputeMitchi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Mitchi Send a message via MSN to Mitchi Send a message via Yahoo to Mitchi

speaking of templates, how do we go about putting the quests on the pages that are by level (or should I just dump the information for someone more knowledgeable to dump it in?)

12-05-2009   #5 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

If you want to create a quest within a specific level range, you should create the table first.

This is the one we use for Trickster, some of the stuff may need to be changed.
Quote:
{|style="text-align:center;font-size:x-small;background:inherit;" align="center" width="500px" cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1
|style="border:1px solid grey; background:#D8E1E8" width="33%"|<strong>[[:Category:Quests by Level|Quests by Level]]</strong>
|style="border:1px solid grey; background:#F2F5F8" width="33%"|[[:Category:Quests by Location|Quests by Location]]
|}
{|style="text-align:center;font-size:x-small;background:inherit;" align="center" width="500px" cellpadding=0 cellspacing=1
|style="border:1px solid grey; background:#C1E0F5" width="16%"|[[Quests Level 0|Lv. 0+]]
|style="border:1px solid grey; background:#C1E0F5" width="16%"|[[Quests Level 10|Lv. 10+]]
|style="border:1px solid grey; background:#C1E0F5" width="16%"|[[Quests Level 20|Lv. 20+]]
|style="border:1px solid grey; background:#C1E0F5" width="16%"|[[Quests Level 30|Lv. 30+]]
|style="border:1px solid grey; background:#C1E0F5" width="16%"|[[Quests Level 40|Lv. 40+]]
|style="border:1px solid grey; background:#C1E0F5" width="16%"|[[Quests Level 50|Lv. 50+]]
|-
|style="border:1px solid grey; background:#C1E0F5" width="16%"|[[Quests Level 60|Lv. 60+]]
|style="border:1px solid grey; background:#C1E0F5" width="16%"|[[Quests Level 70|Lv. 70+]]
|style="border:1px solid grey; background:#C1E0F5" width="16%"|[[Quests Level 80|Lv. 80+]]
|style="border:1px solid grey; background:#C1E0F5" width="16%"|[[Quests Level 90|Lv. 90+]]
|style="border:1px solid grey; background:#C1E0F5" width="16%"|[[Quests Level 100|Lv. 100+]]
|style="border:1px solid grey; background:#C1E0F5" width="16%"|[[Quests Level 110|Lv. 110+]]
|-
|}
----
From there, open up the quest level that you want to input the information. Try to copy one of the current Grand Fantasia wiki codes since I don't know if it follows the other game's exact coding.

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

12-05-2009   #6 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

yeah, I'll just focus on gathering the actual data, since I don't think I'll be able to do the actual editing. Data collection I can handle no sweat.

12-05-2009   #7 (permalink)
The Truth Is, I Love You ♥
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineLa TaleRagnarok OnlineLegend of Edda
Awards Retired Division HeadEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerLucky StreakTreasure HunterFacebook FanTwitter Fan

Esper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond reputeEsper has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: BabyTakumi
Class: Maestro
Guild: FrenchBread

It's not that hard once you get the hang of it. :3

There's always the option that you can do edits on your own wiki page. This helps when making big edits so you know everything is good to go before putting it into the actual wiki. User:Mitchi

Home is where someone is thinking about you ▪ crafting resource guidesymphonyblog
健全なる魂は ◦ 健全なる精神と ◦ 健全なる肉体に宿る ◦

12-05-2009   #8 (permalink)
too much effort
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterAtlantica OnlineGlobal AgendaUrban Rivals

WhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to beholdWhatThePho is a splendid one to behold
IGN: WhatThePho
Class: Maniac
Guild: Mooglets v1.1

The dialogues in Quest Details and Quest Return seem unnecessary to me.

12-05-2009   #9 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho
The dialogues in Quest Details and Quest Return seem unnecessary to me.
I second this. They can be kinda long and unweildly to type out.

12-06-2009   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

What is the diff. between the sections "rewards" and "the following items"
i'm confused.
oic. you need to make reward look like it's all that one part instead of making reward and "the following items" look like 2 diff sections

Kitty Empire Forever

12-06-2009   #11 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoria
What is the diff. between the sections "rewards" and "the following items"
i'm confused.
oic. you need to make reward look like it's all that one part instead of making reward and "the following items" look like 2 diff sections
Sorry, I was having trouble making a way to organize a way to display when the quest offers different choices. ;x I kind of left it off half-finished.

Edit: Updated the template so hopefully it will make more sense now.

Last edited by Chesters; 12-06-2009 at 09:53 PM.

12-07-2009   #12 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

2 things:

1. How do we do quests where you choose a reward?

2. If Medi approves a template for the quests, I can get started with the data I gathered (there's a LOT of it).

12-09-2009   #13 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

I have an idea regarding the whole thing with quests with different rewards you can choose.

See, the Experience, reputation and monetary rewards are always the same, the only thing you choose is an item, so why not have it similar to the way the latale one is done, where it shows "choice one choice two" etc on the last section where the items are? though usually you pick a single item rather than a set of choices (usually it's an equipment choice pertaining to a specific class, or a potion choice between Potions and Ethers.

I don't know how to make the templates otherwise I would, all this data is sitting here rotting lol D:

12-10-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

I think the way the optional things are set up now is fine.
One thing i worry about is quests where you have to find x, y, and z person... we should really have some way of indicating their positions. I guess just make them links and on npc pages we will have their positions.

I also think it might be more helpful to have the minimap location of the npc rather than the image of the npc even though the image of the npc looks better aesthetically. What do you guys think?

Kitty Empire Forever

12-11-2009   #15 (permalink)
It's always lupus
Special
Games

Well, under the mini map they have coordinates, so we could put those for the NPC's location, though that could be confusing too. Maybe just put links to the NPC's page and have more info on them there? Then we could do both map and coordinates, as well as an NPC image.