ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > ggFTW > Questions, Feedback & Suggestions > Wiki Discussion

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
07-14-2008   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Luciane will become famous soon enoughLuciane will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to Luciane Send a message via AIM to Luciane Send a message via Yahoo to Luciane Send a message via Skype™ to Luciane
Default [Perfect] Perfect World Wiki.

Hai,

I have been spending some time on that part of the wiki now.
But...
Noe closed the sections now, okay, while ago, because it wasn't showing much activity. Nothing wrong with that.
So now I'm thinking: 'If the forums weren't used much, what about the wiki?
I don't feel like spending a lot of my time on it to find out that people don't use it.
And to be honest, I don't think many will use it. If nobody can come up with a good argument to keep going with it I suggest it will be removed. Wasted space eh.
(Nuuu, there goes the hours I spent already on it! )

Last edited by Luciane; 07-14-2008 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Typo o_o'

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-14-2008   #2 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

I never closed the wiki - and we have wikis for other games that we don't have a main section for. I didn't close the forum section, I just moved it under general games because it was getting a bare minimum of activity.

[Forum Rules][NoeJeko's Blog][Guide Guide][TO Training Guide]
k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

07-15-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Send a message via ICQ to Luciane Send a message via AIM to Luciane Send a message via Yahoo to Luciane Send a message via Skype™ to Luciane

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
I never closed the wiki - and we have wikis for other games that we don't have a main section for. I didn't close the forum section, I just moved it under general games because it was getting a bare minimum of activity.

I know you didn't close the wiki. I'm more requesting it if it isn't being used much >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciane

So now I'm thinking: 'If the forums weren't used much, what about the wiki?
If nobody can come up with a good argument to keep going with it I suggest it will be removed.
I used your words about the closing part.

Quote:
The Perfect World sections of MyMMOGames.net is scheduled to close on July 14th.
I didn't know how to say it. Was being sleepy etc. and didn't feel like grabbing a dictionary.

My point is that I don't feel like spending a lot time on the Wiki when it isn't used much. That's just wasting my own time, time I can better spend on another part of the wiki that is used a lot.

That's why I made this topic, to get some good arguments from people to keep going with the wiki or get some people to step up and scream: 'But he, she and they oh and them too. Oh wait now I forgot another 10 etc will use it very much!'. Because that'll show that people will use it.
I mean would you spend a lot time on a wiki to find out that not many use it?

07-15-2008   #4 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko

I did word that as "close" in the thread - but nothing here will ever be "closed" - just archived or moved from one section to another - that was my bad.

To date, the perfect world wiki has seen 877 pageviews, according to Google Analytics. If you put it out there, people will always use it. The wiki pages that don't have a lot of content are at a disadvantage right now because it takes content to get a higher Google Pagerank - so they're harder to find =P

k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

07-15-2008   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
I did word that as "close" in the thread - but nothing here will ever be "closed" - just archived or moved from one section to another - that was my bad.

To date, the perfect world wiki has seen 877 pageviews, according to Google Analytics. If you put it out there, people will always use it. The wiki pages that don't have a lot of content are at a disadvantage right now because it takes content to get a higher Google Pagerank - so they're harder to find =P
*screams* I get that it isn't closed but like I said I didn't know how to say it thus using your words >_< *headdesks*

There isn't any information on it yet etc. and I don't really care about statistics. I want actual people standing up and saying things, lol.

07-15-2008   #6 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

I was saying I used the wrong word =[

07-15-2008   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
I was saying I used the wrong word =[
I understand that you used the wrong word but I used your word so you gotta understand that I used the wrong word too thus meant the same as you thus we both meant the same thus we should shut up both now.

07-15-2008   #8 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

BUT LUCI DON'T LEAVE ME TTATT!

Lol misunderstandings .__.

07-15-2008   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
BUT LUCI DON'T LEAVE ME TTATT!
I'm not leaving you! I'm still on msn >_>