ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Wiki Discussion (http://ggftw.com/forum/wiki-discussion/)
-   -   [Perfect] Perfect World Wiki. (http://ggftw.com/forum/wiki-discussion/3539-perfect-perfect-world-wiki.html)

Luciane 07-14-2008 10:48 AM

[Perfect] Perfect World Wiki.
 
Hai,

I have been spending some time on that part of the wiki now.
But...
Noe closed the sections now, okay, while ago, because it wasn't showing much activity. Nothing wrong with that.
So now I'm thinking: 'If the forums weren't used much, what about the wiki?
I don't feel like spending a lot of my time on it to find out that people don't use it.
And to be honest, I don't think many will use it. If nobody can come up with a good argument to keep going with it I suggest it will be removed. Wasted space eh.
(Nuuu, there goes the hours I spent already on it! :cry:)

NoeJeko 07-14-2008 07:26 PM

I never closed the wiki - and we have wikis for other games that we don't have a main section for. I didn't close the forum section, I just moved it under general games because it was getting a bare minimum of activity.

Luciane 07-15-2008 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoeJeko (Post 53211)
I never closed the wiki - and we have wikis for other games that we don't have a main section for. I didn't close the forum section, I just moved it under general games because it was getting a bare minimum of activity.


I know you didn't close the wiki. I'm more requesting it if it isn't being used much >_>

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luciane (Post 52417)

So now I'm thinking: 'If the forums weren't used much, what about the wiki?
If nobody can come up with a good argument to keep going with it I suggest it will be removed.

I used your words about the closing part.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoeJeko (Post 41566)
The Perfect World sections of MyMMOGames.net is scheduled to close on July 14th.

I didn't know how to say it. Was being sleepy etc. and didn't feel like grabbing a dictionary.

My point is that I don't feel like spending a lot time on the Wiki when it isn't used much. That's just wasting my own time, time I can better spend on another part of the wiki that is used a lot.

That's why I made this topic, to get some good arguments from people to keep going with the wiki or get some people to step up and scream: 'But he, she and they oh and them too. Oh wait now I forgot another 10 etc will use it very much!'. Because that'll show that people will use it.
I mean would you spend a lot time on a wiki to find out that not many use it?

..

NoeJeko 07-15-2008 04:16 AM

I did word that as "close" in the thread - but nothing here will ever be "closed" - just archived or moved from one section to another - that was my bad.

To date, the perfect world wiki has seen 877 pageviews, according to Google Analytics. If you put it out there, people will always use it. The wiki pages that don't have a lot of content are at a disadvantage right now because it takes content to get a higher Google Pagerank - so they're harder to find =P

Luciane 07-15-2008 04:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoeJeko (Post 53824)
I did word that as "close" in the thread - but nothing here will ever be "closed" - just archived or moved from one section to another - that was my bad.

To date, the perfect world wiki has seen 877 pageviews, according to Google Analytics. If you put it out there, people will always use it. The wiki pages that don't have a lot of content are at a disadvantage right now because it takes content to get a higher Google Pagerank - so they're harder to find =P

*screams* I get that it isn't closed but like I said I didn't know how to say it thus using your words >_< *headdesks*

There isn't any information on it yet etc. and I don't really care about statistics. I want actual people standing up and saying things, lol. :blink:

NoeJeko 07-15-2008 04:41 AM

I was saying I used the wrong word =[

Luciane 07-15-2008 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoeJeko (Post 53840)
I was saying I used the wrong word =[

I understand that you used the wrong word but I used your word so you gotta understand that I used the wrong word too thus meant the same as you thus we both meant the same thus we should shut up both now.

NoeJeko 07-15-2008 05:21 AM

BUT LUCI DON'T LEAVE ME TTATT!

Lol misunderstandings .__.

Luciane 07-15-2008 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoeJeko (Post 53887)
BUT LUCI DON'T LEAVE ME TTATT!

I'm not leaving you! I'm still on msn >_> :wink:


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.