ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > ggFTW > Questions, Feedback & Suggestions > Wiki Discussion

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-03-2009   #1 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

adipiciu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to adipiciu
IGN: becali
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 236
Guild: Gingis Han
Default CSS problem

Just try and open, for example, this page with Firefox and then with IE7. I bet you can see the difference Also the old problem with the hovering issue is still there. Also it seems that user defined styles are not enabled? Only NoeJeko can confirm, see in the LocalSettings.php:
$wgAllowUserCss = true;
$wgAllowUserJs = true;

So, I think that sysops (because they have access to the Common.css and they have nothing else to do) need to fix these problems.

I don't have anything with sysops. I like what Chesters did with the Pet template, and i love to see changes in the Equipment, Quest, Use or Etc templates also.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-03-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

User defined styles are off on purpose, much like skin options are off on the forum.

Yes, firefox and IE treat css differently- is something causing a readability issue? cause I seem to be able to read the page fine in IE and firefox.

edit:
Well I fixed the hovering "bug" that was causing you so much distress.
As for why those two pages "look" different in IE and Firefox, internet explorer has a terrible css engine. I highly recommend that if you wish to not have the internet look like ass you switch to firefox.

Internet explorer is not obeying the background inherit style.

Don't worry, I'm sure someday they will get it right. I mean, afterall, look IE 7 supports the alpha layers of pngs....that only took them what... 4 years? maybe 5.. hum...

Kitty Empire Forever

Last edited by Medoria; 01-03-2009 at 06:26 PM.

01-04-2009   #3 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoria
User defined styles are off on purpose, much like skin options are off on the forum.

Yes, firefox and IE treat css differently- is something causing a readability issue? cause I seem to be able to read the page fine in IE and firefox.

edit:
Well I fixed the hovering "bug" that was causing you so much distress.
As for why those two pages "look" different in IE and Firefox, internet explorer has a terrible css engine. I highly recommend that if you wish to not have the internet look like ass you switch to firefox.

Internet explorer is not obeying the background inherit style.

Don't worry, I'm sure someday they will get it right. I mean, afterall, look IE 7 supports the alpha layers of pngs....that only took them what... 4 years? maybe 5.. hum...
Yes, after six months you finally fixed the mouse over issue. That was like modifying just one line, very hard indeed. About the inheriting problem, IE and FF treat inheriting differently, not that IE doesn't know about inheriting. But it can be fixed, or at least try to do something. Don't just stand there and negate. There are many language programs object orietend, for example java and php, and they also have different conceptions. Its not like java is better or php its better. But people follow the crowd. I've seen many pages that look good on IE and not in FF. And about the alpha layers in IE6, ask Chesters how i made those png's transparent background to show in IE6. How many years will it take you to not follow the crowd, 4 maybe 5 years? So don't say no, no, no, it can't be done, IE is stupid. I hope that you understand what i was trying to say.

01-04-2009   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light

Look adipiciu, if you have an issue with the staff, take it to PM. It would do you good to drop your attitude against the staff of this forum and wiki. We work in a our freetime to provide a site for everyone - each one of the staff has given a lot to this site, whether it be through moderation, content, activity, development, management, etc. We don't have "nothing else to do"- we are constantly working on ways to improve the site, internally and externally.
The bug where IE Is not inheriting the correct background color, has been fixed via a workaround. The css styles were inline and thus editable by anyone, including yourself.

Kitty Empire Forever

01-04-2009   #5 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
The bug where IE Is not inheriting the correct background color, has been fixed via a workaround. The css styles were inline and thus editable by anyone, including yourself.
We can use that workaround, but I'm thinking to put that change in the main layout, so we don't have to type in every table the same styles. So every table will have the background color inherited or transparent.

01-04-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special

I guess the question becomes, does every table want to be transparent bg? I know that answer is no, so instead it's is the number of tables that want to be transparent defined more times than the number of tables that don't want to be?
If we switch all tables to transparent bg then the ones that don't want to be transparent will instead need to be defined themselves (much like the transparent ones are now).

Kitty Empire Forever

01-05-2009   #7 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
I guess the question becomes, does every table want to be transparent bg? I know that answer is no, so instead it's is the number of tables that want to be transparent defined more times than the number of tables that don't want to be?
If we switch all tables to transparent bg then the ones that don't want to be transparent will instead need to be defined themselves (much like the transparent ones are now).
Now that all the problems have been repaired, we can close the topic.

Thank you Medoria!

01-05-2009   #8 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

While we're on CSS, was the issue of the menu not rendering properly on Safari and Chrome ever fixed? I know I spent quite a few cycles on this one as did Medoria =x

[Forum Rules][NoeJeko's Blog][Guide Guide][TO Training Guide]
k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

01-06-2009   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special

whatever offending css is not in the MediaWiki:Common.css - it still has the issue even when i remove all the css from MediaWiki:Common.css

Kitty Empire Forever