ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > ggFTW > Questions, Feedback & Suggestions > Wiki Discussion

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-15-2008   #41 (permalink)
Ish bored D:

Tenelax is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Tenelax Send a message via Skype™ to Tenelax
IGN: Tenelax
Class: Gunslinger lt_gunslinger
Level: 105
Guild: FrenchBread

Gratz random!! I wish I could work that much on it too T_T but hey if I didnt not start updating quests you would not had started to edit :3

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-15-2008   #42 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195
Guild: FrenchBread

o.o oh wows that was so sudden

tyvm ^^ *havent updated in a few days* i should get to work =P

10-16-2008   #43 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

My wiki edit number is completely wrong.

Kitty Empire Forever

10-16-2008   #44 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Code:
mysql> SELECT <usernamefield>, <usereditfield> FROM <usertable> WHERE <usernamefield> = 'Medoria';
+-----------------+-----------------+
| <usernamefield> | <usereditfield> |
| Medoria         |             751 |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)
That's what the wiki database says =[
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

10-16-2008   #45 (permalink)
▄█▀█●
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIkariamSword 2La Tale
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent Winner

Catharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond reputeCatharsis has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe certain edits were understated because some people like to finalize a page first and repeatedly check in the preview before saving. I mean, I know people who save each time they add one sentence on a page, and then there are people who fill up an entire page from scratch with 30+ equipment pics & descriptions, triple-check at the preview page, and then clean up codes before pressing the save button.

10-16-2008   #46 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

I have a feeling the field you are using is not a true measure of contributions. For example. Making a new page does not add to this number. Nor does moving a page or deleting it- not sure about adding an image. Making a new page being the major one IMO.
I'm pretty sure this number purely counts the amount of times you've actually gone in to an existing page, changed something and pressed submit.

Kitty Empire Forever

10-16-2008   #47 (permalink)
Devil's Advocate

Vegeance has a spectacular aura aboutVegeance has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Vegeance
IGN: Scorpia, ScorpiaX, Excali
Guild: Hidden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoria
I have a feeling the field you are using is not a true measure of contributions. For example. Making a new page does not add to this number. Nor does moving a page or deleting it- not sure about adding an image. Making a new page being the major one IMO.
I'm pretty sure this number purely counts the amount of times you've actually gone in to an existing page, changed something and pressed submit.
I concur, I only edited a talk page and received two edits for it. This is not really a great measurement of contribution because it follows the quantitive value of edits not the qualitative value of contributions, it is like, marks, it is not measuring the understanding or knowledge of that area or skills, but rather what fulfillment of the criteria is overlooked.

Someone could edit 20,000 times but only contribute 2,500KB of bad content that needs to be revised.

10-16-2008   #48 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

adipiciu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to adipiciu
IGN: becali
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 236
Guild: Gingis Han

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoria
The number of edits are shown here. It does not include moves, deleting or restoration of a page. Also it doesn't include uploading a new version of an image.

Edit: OMG I have 12,288 wiki edits

10-16-2008   #49 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeance
I concur, I only edited a talk page and received two edits for it. This is not really a great measurement of contribution because it follows the quantitive value of edits not the qualitative value of contributions, it is like, marks, it is not measuring the understanding or knowledge of that area or skills, but rather what fulfillment of the criteria is overlooked.

Someone could edit 20,000 times but only contribute 2,500KB of bad content that needs to be revised.
Just like post count doesn't qualify against meaningful posts and spam; yet it's still displayed. Think of it as the "post count" for the wiki. It doesn't have any bearing on anything as the sysops make the ultimate decision for VIP/other recognition.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

10-16-2008   #50 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Yeah, I noticed that the number of edits doesn't match the number of contributions.

But I still like it =o

11-19-2008   #51 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Pochi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pochi Send a message via MSN to Pochi Send a message via Yahoo to Pochi
IGN: MookieFox
Class: Thief Master to_thiefmaster
Level: 251/288
Guild: Nova_Angel

I would like to be part of the group please. I have made several entries including the entire Fasion quest for the Blood-Red Eyepatch. I also input most of the input on Pirate King Karan as well as the info for all his drops. Unique,chaos and ultimate. I have also made other minor/major changes here and there but cant really think of them atm.

11-19-2008   #52 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Mizuiro will become famous soon enough
Class: Fox to_fox
Level: 14x

Just curious, but what is the difference between contributions and wiki edits?

Give reputation points when you can!

11-20-2008   #53 (permalink)
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuiro
Just curious, but what is the difference between contributions and wiki edits?
Contributions :

[Made an entire article that is relevant]
[Made a wiki bot]
[Imported 300 + Images]
[Revised many articles to improve on it]

Wiki edit :

The thng is that (b)seven(/b) is the higehst.

[edit 1]
The thing is that seven is the highest you can fortfy.

[edit 2]
The objective of the blacksmith game is to fortify an equipment or piece of item using stones to the strongest possible result.

11-20-2008   #54 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

It's the same thing. However, people may contribute without editing the wiki themselves by making new threads and letting people know about any new or missing information. Then they (people who edit stuff regularly) will be add the info to the wiki, that's what contributing means =) You can also learn how to and go right to editing information yourself. We have people who are willing to help if you need any.

11-20-2008   #55 (permalink)
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaranai

It's the same thing. However, people may contribute without editing the wiki themselves by making new threads and letting people know about any new or missing information. Then they (people who edit stuff regularly) will be add the info to the wiki, that's what contributing means =) You can also learn how to and go right to editing information yourself. We have people who are willing to help if you need any.
Not really, I could make 1000 edits, but they could be all minor, and thus aren't as contributive as opposed to writing out 200 well-written articles by myself.

11-20-2008   #56 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade

We never simply base things off numbers, so really, there doesn't need to be any argument about it.

However, the contributions part mainly applies forum wise (because it mentions it as something else, as compared to wiki edits). Stuff like writing exceptionally helpful guides and such. +_+; Of course, it's not just limited to guide making, but you understand the point.

12-29-2008   #57 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade

Please add Mizuiro to the VIP group. (this was long overdue)

01-15-2009   #58 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Mizuiro will become famous soon enough
Class: Fox to_fox
Level: 14x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesters
Please add Mizuiro to the VIP group. (this was long overdue)
Wow! I just now noticed my VIP status. Thanks Chesters (and whoever gave me VIP status)!

Give reputation points when you can!

02-11-2011   #59 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon SagaLegend of EddaZoomumba
Awards Retired Division HeadMost Valuable DivisionEvent WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond repute

Please, add gawhie to the VIP group.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sidero; 02-11-2011 at 09:38 AM.