ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Wakfu > Wakfu Tech Issues

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-22-2009   #1 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Phenoca is on a distinguished road
Default Difference Between Wakfu and Existing Game

Wakfu = Dofus, and that's all I see.

What are the key differences between Wakfu and Dofus? Because if there are none... I'm going to clone too.

(I.e. clone players.)

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-22-2009   #2 (permalink)
2 kawaii 4 u
Games
DofusWorld of WarcraftSword 2Soul Master
Awards Facebook Fan

kuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant futurekuyaBaka has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to kuyaBaka Send a message via Skype™ to kuyaBaka
IGN: Euler Breslau
Class: SMN-main, AST.
Level: i200 SMN
Guild: Get Some LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenoca
Wakfu = Dofus, and that's all I see.

What are the key differences between Wakfu and Dofus? Because if there are none... I'm going to clone too.

(I.e. clone players.)
There's actually quite a bit of difference between Wakfu and Dofus.

First is the use of stat-caps. Dofus has a system that allows you so much points per stat+ until the ratio becomes higher (1 point per 1 STR until you reach 50 STR, in which it will become 2:1). Wakfu lets you dump all your points in the stat without having to waste any -- although they do get wasted in that only a certain % of it will actually go to your damage.

Second is the skill-leveling system. Most obvious one, really. Dofus has the spell points system like you see in most MMORPGs, while Wakfu is trying something new -- by letting you "train" the skills, rather than invest in them.

Wakfu uses 1 map for everything (excluding dungeons, etc). Dofus has tiles of map.

Wakfu has an "ecosystem" ... system, where Dofus does not. (You can plan harvested seeds to grow more plants to harvest, etc).

Dofus' professions are restricted in that 1 character can only have 3 professions and you can only obtain a new profession when the prior job has reached a certain level. Wakfu gives you access to all profession, leaving you to train them to your liking.

Wakfu has no NPCs; ergo, no markets. Dofus has the luxury of having marketplace NPCs that sort out and sell items from other players for them.

The list can go on.