ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Wakfu General Chat (http://ggftw.com/forum/wakfu-general-chat/)
-   -   Wakfu (http://ggftw.com/forum/wakfu-general-chat/26630-wakfu.html)

Bob 11-05-2008 02:32 PM

Wakfu

Wakfu
Does anyone play the English CB? Is anyone interested in the game? The game looks awesome. It`s a MMO tactics RPG and it looks quite promising. Features are definitely interesting and the art is hot hot hot. I`m hoping to rally interest and get this game a forum in our featured games section. So yeah, just reply if you would ever give this game a chance, and I`ll request it to be a featured game if we have enough replies! Check for information here: MMORPG Wakfu - Become Legend!

What is it?
Quote:

Wakfu is an MMORPG (massively multiplayer online game) in which players dive into epic adventures with thousands of other gamers from around the world. Armed with weapons and magic, they must carve a path through a cruel, living world either through battle or through politics in a quest to gain control of the islands of Wakfu.

For the first time in an online game, the plants and animals which inhabit the world will all intereact to form a huge, worldwide ecosystem! Players can either protect the natural habitat or use it for profit... In Wakfu, even total extinction is possible.
Features
Quote:

WAKFU features

* 12 original classes to play
* Autonomous Ecosystem in an Evolving World.
* Turn-based tactical combat
* Dynamic and community quests
* Gain experience each time you perform an action
* No NPCs, players control trade and politics
* 20,000 players simultaneously, "Béhémoth" 6.2-powered servers
* All graphics designed right here in Ankama studios
* Twisted humour @ 30 degrees in the shade?!
Screenshots

PKShota 11-05-2008 02:34 PM

The site characters look semi-ecchi o-o

Sheep 11-05-2008 02:47 PM

lol it looks kind of like that one game which slips my head as of now T_T Hopefully it's f2p

DemiGodDanzig 11-05-2008 02:51 PM

im reminded of Dofus,like really
wait aminute,IT IS DOFUS
wat
also,SS's dont work

Bob 11-05-2008 03:18 PM

I believe it`s going to be F2P for certain areas of the game. All other areas, you need to subscribe to play. Also, it is a new revamped version of Dofus. Better graphics, better systems, 1000 years after the time of Dofus, I believe. SS`s work for me D:. Go to the website and look at screen shots.

Ronin 11-05-2008 03:22 PM

Been interested in this game for ahwile but i heard it was p2p so i just scrapped it like 1 yera back.

Beato 11-05-2008 03:50 PM

I haven't heard from the English closed beta for a few months, but French open beta just come out so hopefully it's open beta time soon!

NoeJeko 11-05-2008 03:58 PM

We're trying to see if there's an interest in a MMOG feature for Wakfu. It's really off the scale of the games we currently feature so I'm going to need to see significant interest before I go through the effort of creating a feature - only to tear it down in a month or so.

Faith 11-05-2008 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neli (Post 558259)
I haven't heard from the English closed beta for a few months

Same here. Ill probably play when it goes full.

Tea 11-05-2008 04:00 PM

i remember trying out the CB, the instruction manual you could download was all in french at the time. I don't know a thing of french, just a few words, so i had to wing it when i played. I hear they fixed a lot of the character issues and skill problems. Although i'm not tempted to replay this game right now. I still receive newsletters from time to time.

EDIT: eee edit the thread subject title.. it say Wafku~ D:

Beato 11-05-2008 04:02 PM

Well it might be better to play in open beta first because there was no fees. At least I hope so, that's how it was in Dofus.

Gati 11-05-2008 04:04 PM

I really want to play this game and more so if we have some people from this forum joining in. ... I hope that MOG takes interest in this and features it on the site.

Bob 11-05-2008 04:13 PM

Same here. Dofus was a great game, but I just couldn`t get interested with it`s bad graphics and small characters. I`m excited that Wakfu is finally coming. Graphics are much much better and cleaner, and there is a zoom option so you don`t have to squint to see where you`re going. I love the game system since it`s different from the general click and attack games.

Please reply if you`re interested in the least bit! We need to know how many people are interested.

TheRhymenoceros 11-05-2008 04:23 PM

I'll probably give it a crack. Has the CB already started?

Beato 11-05-2008 04:28 PM

Long time ago, about half a year.

kuyaBaka 11-05-2008 04:30 PM

I LOVE DOFUS. X_____x"

*waves Mushmush Hat and Cape in air*

Someone tell me when the English OB starts. And hopefully there's a kind of pre-paid card I can use to subscribe. I've been planning on re-subbing for Dofus, but Wakfu might be the better option.

My main on Dofus was a Feca. I loved the Feca class, but the nerdy-geek look the new Fecas have isn't too pleasing for the eyes, but I might make one 'cause he reminds me of Genis from ToS.
If I get a chance to play, I'm gonna main as an Enu or Sac. Maybe an Eni.

Kudaranai 11-05-2008 04:42 PM

I might try..(after MegaTen @_@)

Gati 11-05-2008 04:43 PM

I think that it looks really nice. *-* Really looking forward to this.
Is there an OB yet?

Beato 11-05-2008 04:53 PM

French OB is out , English OB isn't out yet.

I tried Sram, Sacrier, Sadida, Xelor, Cra, Iop, and Feca on Dofus.

kuyaBaka 11-05-2008 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neli (Post 558376)
French OB is out , English OB isn't out yet.

I tried Sram, Sacrier, Sadida, Xelor, Cra, Iop, and Feca on Dofus.

I dislike the Cra class. It was too boring.
Iop and Sadidas were nice for the power.
Xelors and Srams were nice for the tactics.
Fecas and Sacriers were nice 'cause they stayed alive the longest.