Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-11-2010   #1 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru
Default [NX Forums] Update on Major Community Concerns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalika
Hello Players,

Thank you for providing us with feedback and information regarding your major concerns. Here is a short list of some of the concerns, along with updated information.

The Gold Issue: Players continue to report that they have not received their lost gold.

Update - We continue to work diligently on the resolving the issue. Our goal is to make sure we get this right, so please bear with us just a bit longer while we work out the kinks.

Market Place Issue: Players cannot access the marketplace when using a character created with previously deleted name.

Update This issue has been solved and a fix will be implemented in the near future.

Lag Issue: Players report experiencing a great deal of lag

Update- The Vindictus team would like additional information from the community. If possible, please provide specific information regarding time and server in which you experienced lag. This thread has been created for players to submit their lag reports.

Censorship Issue: Players find the chat filter within the game to be too restrictive. The NPCs in the game use words that the players cannot use themselves.

Update- The game filter vocabulary list is currently under review. It would be really helpful if we could get a list oif banned words that you feel are hindering your conversations.

Kick Issue: Players benefiting from dungeons without participating in battle.

Update - We're currently looking into a function to kick disruptive players, but that's only in the planning stages right now. As soon as we have more information or an ETA, we'll let you know.

Permanent Underarmor- Players have petitioned for Permanent Underarmor.

Update- This request is still up for debate and is being considered by the team. We will keep you posted on any new developments regarding this request.
Nexon Forums - Update on Major Community Concerns

It felt important enough to post.

So they're somewhat paying attention more now. Out of all of these, what I like most is definitely the lag issue and censorship. Everything else can kind of jump off a cliff and hang there until the mentioned gets resolved.

Permanent underwear for you rich NX people (lookin' @ Phae).

I'm really mixed on the kick thing. On one hand, it's great, we can get rid of people that aren't doing anything. On the other, it's sort of... double-edged? "Oh, I don't like that guy, kick him."
It's just one of the things I never really cared for in Vindictus.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-11-2010   #2 (permalink)
advertising space
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
MabinogiDC Universe OnlineVindictusLineage II
Awards Most Valuable StaffAdmin AwardStaff AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularMoM AwardSotW SeniorHarem JuniorLucky StreakArtifact HoarderFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Joey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervertJoey is the ultimate pervert
IGN: Nasu Kha
Class: Carpenter lt_knight
Level: 60
Guild: Rapscallions
Xfire: glarbage

Permanent underwear and permanent hair, plzthx. Would rather not buy these things more than once.

11-11-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Tabi, Renmei

What matters to me are the underwear and the kick function.

Underwear because I see some of the higher level armors actually show skins and if I do buy underwear, I won't buy it more than once.

Kick function because I'm sick and tired of people leeching my party all the time, though double edged sword indeed. (chances are I will be hosting party all the time lol)

Maybe censorship because it really sucks when you can't say suck in the game. And respect for Nexon for at least considering what the community are saying.

11-11-2010   #4 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

What ticks me off most about the censorship is the fact that there are A LOT of unnecessary censored words. These include abbreviations, religious words (I mean, "god" is censored, really?), and just some outright awkward ones like, as you said, suck.

I personally think they should just ditch the censorship altogether and just have people report anyone for verbal harassment. That's probably the best way to deal with "language" in any MMO, really.

11-11-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Games
Trickster OnlineVindictusLa TalePangya
Awards Event WinnerEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Bonnie will become famous soon enoughBonnie will become famous soon enough

Oh, good, nexon is actually listening to player complaints.

I only care about the lag, censorship, and permanent innerwear. It's always so perfect and lag free right after maintenance but then it gets unbearable in a day. Censor really needs fixing, but people younger than 15 aren't even allowed to play so why even bother with it. And paying every month for undies, nty, permanent option now please.

I personally don't need the kick thing, I've only encountered very few people that'd I want to kick. x:

11-11-2010   #6 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie
Oh, good, nexon is actually listening to player complaints.

I only care about the lag, censorship, and permanent innerwear. It's always so perfect and lag free right after maintenance but then it gets unbearable in a day. Censor really needs fixing, but people younger than 15 aren't even allowed to play so why even bother with it. And paying every month for undies, nty, permanent option now please.

I personally don't need the kick thing, I've only encountered very few people that'd I want to kick. x:
That is definitely my viewpoint on the issue. Counting Vindictus, this makes it the second "mature"-rated MMO I've played and the community really isn't that bad. While it's still the "lol NX community, kids lying their age", there haven't been that many stupidity encounters I've had since I've played.

11-11-2010   #7 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

I think some people just want to kick naked people. Or people who they assume to be lagging.

And I'd buy permanent foxy underwear for my Evie.

11-12-2010   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Phae will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihil679
What ticks me off most about the censorship is the fact that there are A LOT of unnecessary censored words. These include abbreviations, religious words (I mean, "god" is censored, really?), and just some outright awkward ones like, as you said, suck.

Don't forget the most important one! They censored the word killer! How am I supposed to murder Lanns if I'm not allowed to be a killer in game?

11-12-2010   #9 (permalink)
Just like that!
Special
Games
Bloodline ChampionsS4 League
Awards Event WinnerSotW JuniorPervert Award

Mums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond reputeMums has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mums Send a message via Skype™ to Mums
IGN: Vik
Class: Mama to_fox
Level: ∞
Guild: Prisma

They could just add an option to turn the chat censors off, like in Atlantica. I remember that ''god'' was censored there too, I thought it was weird since ''satan'' wasn't censored.

11-18-2010   #10 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Quote:

Hello Players,

Thank you for providing us with feedback and information regarding your major concerns. Here is a short list of some of the concerns, along with updated information.

1.) The Gold Issue: Players continue to report that they have not received their lost gold.

Update - We continue to work diligently on the resolving the issue. Our goal is to make sure we get this right, so please bear with us just a bit longer while we work out the kinks.

**Update 11/15** Gold Spam Blocking system will be available in the near future. Currently, the team is busy implementing the fix.

2.) Market Place Issue: Players cannot access the marketplace when using a character created with previously deleted name.

Update – This issue has been solved and a fix will be implemented in the near future.

3.) Lag Issue: Players report experiencing a great deal of lag

Update- The Vindictus team would like additional information from the community. If possible, please provide specific information regarding time and server in which you experienced lag. This thread has been created for players to submit their lag reports.

4.) Censorship Issue: Players find the chat filter within the game to be too restrictive. The NPCs in the game use words that the players cannot use themselves.

Update- The game filter vocabulary list is currently under review. It would be really helpful if we could get a list oif banned words that you feel are hindering your conversations.

**Update 11/15** Thank you for all the feedback! The curse filter will be updated with the 11/17 patch.

5.) Kick Issue: Players benefiting from dungeons without participating in battle.

Update - We're currently looking into a function to kick disruptive players, but that's only in the planning stages right now. As soon as we have more information or an ETA, we'll let you know.

6.) Permanent Underarmor- Players have petitioned for Permanent Underarmor.

Update- This request is still up for debate and is being considered by the team. We will keep you posted on any new developments regarding this request.

**Added on 11/15/2010**

7.) Evie Scythe Marketplace has been resolved and should be working properly on 12/1/2010

Update from Nexon. Looks like they're on it.

Edit: sorry, they had another updated version here.

Quote:

Hello Players,

1.) The Gold Issue: Players continue to report that they have not received their lost gold.

Update - We continue to work diligently on the resolving the issue. Our goal is to make sure we get this right, so please bear with us just a bit longer while we work out the kinks. As of 11/18, the issue is still being worked on closely.

2.) Gold Spamming Issue:

Update: Gold Spam Blocking system will be available in the near future. The Development team is in the final stages of testing and hope to implement the fix soon.

3.) Market Place Issue: Players cannot access the marketplace when using a character created with previously deleted name.

Update – This issue has been solved and a fix will be implemented in the near future. As of 11/18, the fix is expected to be implemented at some point next week.

4.) Lag Issue: Players report experiencing a great deal of lag

Update- The Vindictus team would like additional information from the community. If possible, please provide specific information regarding time and server in which you experienced lag. This thread has been created for players to submit their lag reports. As of 11/18 the team is going over all the information submitted. Please remember to include the time of the occurrence.

5.) Censorship Issue: Players find the chat filter within the game to be too restrictive. The NPCs in the game use words that the players cannot use themselves.

Update- This issue has been resolved and the filter has been updated. Thank you for all the feedback!

6.) Kick Issue: Players benefiting from dungeons without participating in battle.

Update - We're currently looking into a function to kick disruptive players, but that's only in the planning stages right now. As soon as we have more information or an ETA, we'll let you know. As of 11/18 the issue is still up for debate. Please bear with us as we weigh the pros and cons and gauge the possible side effects.

7.) Permanent Underarmor- Players have petitioned for Permanent Underarmor.

Update- This request is still up for debate and is being considered by the team. We will keep you posted on any new developments regarding this request. 11/18 No additional information available.

8.) Evie Scythe Marketplace has been resolved and should be working properly on 12/1/2010. As of 11/18 we are still looking good to have the issue resolved on 12/1.

9.) Seal of Dedication Bug - Host disconnecting and dropping the mission.

Update- The issue is in the process of being tested and, if everything works out accordingly, we should see this fixed on 12/1/2010.

10.) Host dropping mission - when a host drops a mission, disconnecting the entire party and results in loss of tokens paid for the mission.

Update- This issue is pending further verification. If you have experienced this issue, please let us know in this thread with further details.

Thank you!

Last edited by Nihil679; 11-18-2010 at 04:02 PM.

11-18-2010   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough

Still crossing my fingers for perm underwear :x

12-02-2010   #12 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Update again.

Quote:

Hello Players,

Update - This issue has been resolved. Every player who was affected by this was compensated.

2.) Gold Spamming Issue:

Update: Gold Spam Blocking system has been implemented. While it may not completely block spammers, it will slow them down. We will continue to work on improving this solution.

3.) Market Place Issue: Players cannot access the marketplace when using a character created with previously deleted name.

Update – The fix will occur with the 12/15 update.

4.) Lag Issue: Players report experiencing a great deal of lag

Update- The team is going over the data with the developers. We will keep you posted as they continue to investigate.

5.) Censorship Issue: Players find the chat filter within the game to be too restrictive. The NPCs in the game use words that the players cannot use themselves.

Update- This issue has been resolved and the filter has been updated. Thank you for all the feedback!

6.) Kick Issue: Players benefiting from dungeons without participating in battle.

Update – No change to this issue. We still need to consider possible side effects.

7.) Permanent Underarmor- Players have petitioned for Permanent Underarmor.

Update- No additional information available.

8.) Evie Scythe Marketplace has been resolved and was updated with the last patch.

9.) Seal of Dedication Bug - Host disconnecting and dropping the mission.

Previous Update- The issue is in the process of being tested and, if everything works out accordingly, we should see this fixed on 12/1/2010. As of 12/1: A few issues were discovered, and therefore this should be fixed in the 12/15 patch.

10.) Host dropping mission - when a host drops a mission, disconnecting the entire party and results in loss of tokens paid for the mission.

Update- Reviewing information provided.

11.) Dye Selection- Players would like more control over the dying process in Vindictus. They would like to be able to choose what color they dye their items. If not, they would like to at least be given three chances per dye as it is done in Korea.

Update- This is how the US version of the dye system was designed. Thank you for understanding.

12.) Multi-Core Rendering - Players question if the multi-core rendering function is working properly.

Update- this issue is under investigation.

Thank you!

PS. for those of you who are still asking about the Blood Lord and Laghodess, I made the following comment earlier in a different thread:

I just got word that Lagodessa and the Blood lord be released in the near future. I believe some news about Lagodessa will be coming soon........ very very soon.
Good job on doing SOMETHING to halt gold spammers. Should please the monkeys enough.

For god's sakes, fix the lag ASAP. It's not even dungeon lag anymore, huge amounts of server lag.

Haven't had problems with censors for a while now. If only because no one on west gets on anymore. Jerks. `-`

PERMANENT UNDERWEAR NOW. ESPECIALLY WITH ROSE DROP. AUGHHHH

I exchanged Dedications and it worked. Don't see the problem.

Lol@dye

Coming soon on Blood Lord and Lagodessa. |:

12-02-2010   #13 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Screw their dyes.

12-02-2010   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

HAHAHAH @ Evie without NX

And can't wait for Blood Lord and Lagodessa.

12-11-2010   #15 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Updated.

Quote:
Hello Players,
Sorry for the slight delay! Thank you for providing us with feedback and information regarding your major concerns. Here is a short list of some of the concerns, along with updated information.

1.) Market Place Issue: Players cannot access the marketplace when using a character created with previously deleted name.
Update – The fix will occur with the 12/15 update.

2.) Lag Issue: Players report experiencing a great deal of lag
Update- Lag should improve after the 12/15 patch. In regards to lag during the 2x EXP events: this too should be improved with the next patch. The team thanks you for all of the reporting!

3.) Kick Issue: Players benefiting from dungeons without participating in battle.
Update – The solution is still under investigation and will be further discussed once the P2P network issues improve.

4.) Permanent Underarmor- Players have petitioned for Permanent Underarmor.
Update- There have been more talks about this request and there is a possibility it might just happen.

5.) Seal of Dedication Bug - Host disconnecting and dropping the mission.
Previous Update- The issue is in the process of being tested and, if everything works out accordingly, we should see this fixed on 12/1/2010. As of 12/1: A few issues were discovered, and therefore this should be fixed in the 12/15 patch. As of 12/10 this bug is still an issue. It seems the last time it was updated, it caused further server issues. Therefore, we are continuing to research and test out solid solutions.

6.) Host dropping mission - when a host drops a mission, disconnecting the entire party and results in loss of tokens paid for the mission.
Update- Reviewing information provided.

7.) Dye Selection- Players would like more control over the dying process in Vindictus. They would like to be able to choose what color they dye their items. If not, they would like to at least be given three chances per dye as it is done in Korea.
Update- This is how the US version of the dye system was designed. Thank you for understanding.
12/10 – We read all your feedback from the last update and want to let you know we are listening. Now, we’re not making any promises, however, the request has been put on the table and is currently up for discussion.

8.) Multi-Core Rendering issue: Players question if the multi-core rendering function is working properly.
Update- this issue is still under investigation.

9.) Spend 20k NX get 5K NX refund issue: Some players are still upset that they did not receive their 5K NX refund back. Some think it may be that the Storage Chest tickets did not work with the event.
Update – this issue is under investigation.

10.) Devcat Level 40 Quest / Testing of the game issue: The players are saying the Devcat level 40 quest is still in Korean.
Update: This will be fixed with the next update on 12/15.

11.) NPC Dialog Issue - Players are saying the dialog is cut off and affects the feel of the gameplay.
Update: Please continue to send in tickets for the bugs you find. Don’t forget to include screenshots and as much detail as possible!

12.) Guild name issue: People cannot create guilds that were previously disbanded.
Update: This should have been resolved. Since there are still people saying this is an issue, we will revisit the problem and keep you posted.

13.) 5th Storage Box Bug: Players are still having the bug where the 5th storage expansion will not be available.
Update: While we are doing our best to have this fixed for the 12/15 update, we cannot say with 100% certainly that it will happen. As always, we will keep you posted.
Permanent underwear a giant maybe.

12-11-2010   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

You know you want my money Nexon.

You know you want it. ;_;

12-16-2010   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Archlord9DragonsAika OnlineAion
Awards Facebook Fan

ThisIsAPen will become famous soon enoughThisIsAPen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ThisIsAPen
IGN: Too many...
Level: 八千に上だ!

underwear underwear underwear underwear..... COME ON, now im starting to wonder... how much will perm underwear be?

12-16-2010   #18 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

The special Christmas permanent underwear is already released.

Though it is bundled with some other things and cost 18.9k NX.