Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-01-2010   #1 (permalink)
Mega
Games
LuniaVindictusS4 LeagueDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Dezel
Class: Support lt_mage
Level: 30
Guild: Prisma
Default Scythe Evie question!

I've gotten to the point where I'm running out of tokens on my staff Evie, so since Nexon said scythes were coming out VERY SOON, I want to go ahead and start another Evie just for scythe.

So can this guide be trusted? I mean you'll be pretty useless from level 1~24 but you'll have the stat skills ready and then when you hit level 24 you can start on the attack skills.

A Magicians Quarrel [General Evie Guide] - xVindictus

Quote:
Well, first off, you're gonna be using a Staff till around level 24, because you won't be able to be a Scythe Wielding Evie until you hit that particular level, because again, the lowest level for the Battle Scythe to be equipped is 24. With that said, if you are completely sure you want to be a Battle Scythe Evie, use that accumulated AP into Skills that will benefit her later on like Smash Mastery, Strength Mastery, Agility Mastery, Magic Mastery, Magic Critical, skills that will help you when you wield the Scythe, and rank the skills used while using the Battle Scythe.
And does anyone know 100% for sure if stamina recovery and revive can be used with staff? o.o

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-01-2010   #2 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Revive can definitely be used with scythe. I've seen a couple of videos with her using it in tandem with scythes, as well as some people on Nexon forums (ignoring credibility here people, it's all we have at the moment) saying it is viable.

Stamina Recovery I am iffy on. It sounds like a skill that would be common, yet with the way it works on removing Firebolt CD, it sounds like it's staff-only.

From what I've gathered about Evie's attacks:
All Normal and Smash Attacks are PHYSICAL. That means her default swings and Smashes, those Hell Quakes and what not, are Strength affected.
Meanwhile, everything else, including her EXTENDED Smash Attacks are MAGICAL. The fingersnap and all, Intelligence affected.

I have heard that Smash Mastery, Intelligence Mastery, Magic Mastery, and Magic Critical are key factors in the fingersnap damage, which is your primary source of damage. I'm unsure on the Smash Mastery though, you might want to check up more on that.

Agility I believe is more for the stamina regen speed.

11-01-2010   #3 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Combat Mastery boosts normal attacks using scythe.
Smash Mastery boosts the final slam.
Magic Mastery boosts the finishers like the oh-so-popular fingersnap.
Critical Hit increases critical chance on smashes.
Magic Critical increases critical chance on finishers.
Strength Mastery boosts melee attacks.
Intelligence Mastery boosts finishers.
Agility Mastery increases stamina regeneration.

Rank D Staff Mastery is required for Scythe Mastery

According to http://www.vindictushq.com/forum/vie...php?f=19&t=997 , magic attack is also factored into the smashes so... Magic Mastery and Magic Crit probably take priority.

Edit: Nevermind, I might've misread it. But the chart there gives you a basic idea about what masteries affect what attacks.

Last edited by buta; 11-01-2010 at 06:33 PM.

11-01-2010   #4 (permalink)
Mega
Games
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerMoM AwardImage SleuthFacebook FanTwitter FanPervert Award

Donges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond reputeDonges has a reputation beyond repute

So for level 1~23/24, is there an order in which I should rank mastery's?

11-01-2010   #5 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Int first so you have the least trouble of leveling up from 1-24, then I guess magic critical if there's still no patch. Magic mastery after, or you can do it before magic crit, either way. All the other physical related skills next from there on if still no patch somehow (or you AP farmed lololol)

11-01-2010   #6 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute

I screwed mine up, but what I would have done was definitely Intelligence Mastery first. Get Magic Critical to E just for the 10% initial boost and save it for later. Then pump in Magic Mastery because the +100 per rank makes you hit 4k MATK in NO TIME.

I'm getting Eagle Talon before getting Magic Critical up though. The mines sound useful at r9.

11-01-2010   #7 (permalink)
Mega
Games

Well since Standing Endurance is the only skill I have until Int Mastery I guess I'll be putting points into that so I don't lose points :X

11-01-2010   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Tabi, Renmei

imo, you should rank cloth master to D-C just to be save until you are 30ish and then focus on magic mastery, int mastery and magic crit. and of course staff to D for the scythe.

Stamina though, I'm not so sure about that.

And if you run out of skills to level, eagle talon sounds pretty useful.

11-01-2010   #9 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Late game scythe Evie's will probably be using light armor more since they apparently have more STR and INT which benefits scythe Evie more.

Eagle Talon is staff only.

11-02-2010   #10 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

skip to 3:45

11-02-2010   #11 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

Hm, according to that guy, it's possibly a typo. But I guess we'll see later.

Edit: Also,
Quote:
That is why it is important to get Standing Endurance to Rank 9.

At Rank 9, if you get knocked down, you can hit the dodge button to get back up right away.
GET IT

Last edited by buta; 11-02-2010 at 11:43 AM.

11-02-2010   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Eden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the roughEden is a jewel in the rough
IGN: Tabi, Renmei

Standing endurance can do that? ;_;

ffff even though i have standing endurance r8 on my Lann, I didn't know that.

11-02-2010   #13 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Yeah, Standing Endurance is actually REALLY useful, I wouldn't recommend passing it up for randomshit skills if you have points for it. Mine is like, E right now, and I REALLY hate it because it takes forever for me to get back up.

11-03-2010   #14 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

K, confirming Eagle Talon as scythe usable skill.

Also, scythe is OP. Melee only can stunlock Servant from hell. And it doesn't seem any slower than staff.

11-03-2010   #15 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

This shit is awesome.
The damage done is AMAZINGLY high. I'm actually able to smack Gnolls to death with normal attacks only in short time as opposed to puny staff power. Swings are frickin' huuuuge too, so mob control is great.
Unfortunately, all those cool Extended Smashes are only available when you get the book. So start hopping to 40 if you want Bloody Thread. NAHHHHH, HAHA.

11-04-2010   #16 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

HEY GUYS
DOUBLE POST!

Well, information latest from Nexon forums.

All Scythe Evie's Smash attacks from second click and up (meaning the Hell's Quake and everything after) are magic-based. Which is why you can do so much GOD-TIER damage.
Smash Mastery does affect them.
Apparently LLLR/HOOKMONSTERSONSCYTHEANDSLAMLIKEABOSS will never produce overkills, ffff.
Physical Critical is crap still. Better off with Magic Critical.
A lot of people saying max Combat Mastery?

11-04-2010   #17 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

Quote:
Code:
Attack    |Percentile|Hits|Damage Type|Mastery|Skill Mastery|Crit Type|Added Dmg
s         |0.032     |1   |Physical   |Combat |             |         |No
ss        |0.036     |1   |Physical   |Combat |             |         |No
sss       |0.052     |1   |Physical   |Combat |             |         |No
ssss      |0.026     |2   |Physical   |Combat |             |         |No
d         |0.04      |1   |Physical   |Smash  |             |Physical |Yes
sd        |0.04      |2   |Physical   |Smash  |             |Physical |Yes
sd sp     |0.024     |1   |Magical    |       |Life Steal   |Magical  |Yes
ssd       |0.02      |2   |Physical   |Smash  |             |Physical |Yes
          |0.1       |1   |Magical    |Smash  |             |Magical  |Yes 
sssd      |0.02      |1   |Physical   |Smash  |             |Physical |Yes
          |0.18      |1   |Magical    |Smash  |             |Magical  |Yes 
sssd  sp  |0.18      |1   |Magical    |       |Death Label  |Magical  |Yes
ssssd     |0.04      |1   |Physical   |Smash  |             |Physical |Yes
          |0.20      |1   |Magical    |Smash  |             |Magical  |Yes
ssssd sp  |0.24      |1   |Magical    |       |Bloody Thread|Magical  |Yes
dash d    |0.04      |1   |Magical    |       |Eagle Talon  |Magical  |Yes
magic mine|0.1       |1   |Magical    |       |Eagle Talon  |Magical  |Yes
kick      |0.024     |1   |Physical   |       |             |         |Yes
levitate  |see below |1   |Magical    |       |SP: Levitate |         |No
1.Basic Damage Equation
Damage[Phy] = [Attack - Defense + 900 + Additional Damage*6.25]*Percentile*[1+Mastery%]
Damage[Mag] = [Magic Attack - Defense + 900 + Additional Damage*6.25]*Percentile*[1+Mastery%+Skill Mastery%]

(but, 0 ≤ Attack - Defense ≤ 6000, 0 ≤ Magic Attack - Defense ≤ 6000)- This is the damage limit that has been systematically applied in order to prevent users from over-specing a dungeon and one-shotting a boss
but, from what I heard, the damage limit equation has been adjusted and a different equation is applied during transformation

2.Critical Damage Equation
Critical Damage[Phy] = Damage*[1 + (Critical damage increased by mastery%) + Willpower*0.03/200]
Critical Damage[Mag] = Damage*[1 + (Magic critical damage increased by mastery%) + (Int + 1000)*0.03/200]

3.Levitate(AOE damage) equation
Damage = [Magic Attack + 10500]*1/3*[1+Skill Mastery%]
Garsh dot. Way to ignore my link.

And, cause I have too much time, I formatted it nicer.

I'm assuming the INT based damage is coming from Additional damage. Physical crit still works with regular smashes.

Also, for those who don't use keyboard controls, 's' is normal attack 'd' is smash.

It also looks like magic crit automatically comes with 15% which is weird. That means with Magic Crit rank E (I think) you're already at 25% crit chance.

Edit: odey had a pikchurz orz
http://omg.wthax.org/battlescythe.png
Edit2: i was missing some lines in the graph. the magical damage is mentioned. smashes are both physical and magical. the blank lines below SSD, SSSD, and SSSSD are the applied magical damage for that smash, which is in addition to the physical counterpart. Which is also why INT mastery and Magic Mastery should definitely take priority to STR.

Source: Vindictus Forums | View topic - Evie Battle scythe damage percentile
But they used this source: ؽ - www.nexon.com

Last edited by buta; 11-04-2010 at 01:14 PM.

11-04-2010   #18 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Oh, didn't see it. Lol.

I'm slightly confused.
Is INT the additional damage part of the formula for physical attack or what? Because if not, how do Evie's Smashes (primarily Hell's Quake and Invisible Room) deal soooo much damage?

11-04-2010   #19 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

I'm guessing since they both have two types of damage, you'd have to calculate the additional magic damage and physical damage separately using both of the equations and the both lines that pertain to the combo.

Whether you add them up or what after that, I have no clue.

In all cases, however, the percentile for magic is always nearly 10x larger than the physical counterpart so... it's mostly magic with a tidbit of physical. Magic Crit still better.

I still have no clue what additional damage does.

11-04-2010   #20 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games

Oh, so all her attacks are primarily magical with small physical damage in. Or something.

This is really confusing. OTL