ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Valkyrie Sky

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
12-28-2009   #1 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation
Default Officially Released.

Why no posts?

More polished, new things, blah blah. So much progress. I'm really irked that Swordsman got nerfed to oblivion. About half the attack speed with a really nasty 1 second~ delay when using skills. STR is still practically as useless as ever, if not more useless due to the slower attack speed. Mimics are even larger death traps now with slower attack speed >_>...

Also at random times, my Swordsman would hold out her sword and charge VP, leaving me unable to move. I would then mash buttons hoping I could cancel it somehow and move. Most the time I just sit there and get shot down. Really pisses me off, don't know what triggers it.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-28-2009   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Kupo is on a distinguished road

I didn't get a chance to play yet... But I hope that magic guy doesn't get taken down a notch. :3 I had fun playing as him.

12-29-2009   #3 (permalink)
mountain ahoy!
Special
Games
ACE OnlineWorld of TanksGuild Wars 2
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Zegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud of

Slower swordsman attack speed?

noooooo!

12-29-2009   #4 (permalink)
Fireflies & Lightning Bug

Note is a jewel in the roughNote is a jewel in the roughNote is a jewel in the rough
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zegridathes
Slower swordsman attack speed?

noooooo!
yeah, mangling and normal atk speed got nerfed and expect a whole new stamina system..

12-29-2009   #5 (permalink)
Planeswalker
ggFTW Star
Games
ElswordDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerPervert Award

RoflKnife has disabled reputation

Playing swordsman is now like playing Touhou with 2CM of shooting range. You are ****ED. Now that blocking bullets is less reliable, you can choke on trying to get in range and attack enemies, while focusing on your hitbox and the bullets on screen. Sounds humanly possible.

12-29-2009   #6 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195

so ya i heard you regain 1 sta like every 20 seconds or something when listening to music 8D good thing the night is long x] ish

on the bright side i dont notice much of a difference with wizard class /o/ but im only like lvl 5 x]

12-30-2009   #7 (permalink)

Note is a jewel in the roughNote is a jewel in the roughNote is a jewel in the rough

level 20 is the new level cap.. gamekiss why.?

12-30-2009   #8 (permalink)
mountain ahoy!
Special
Games

Zegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud of

Oh yeah, it does seem slower... I can't get all up in bosses faces the way I used to.

Mangling didn't seem any different though. Nor did my personal favorite: the skill where you throw the sword (forgot the name).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Note
level 20 is the new level cap.. gamekiss why.?
Gotta be a temp. cap since the shops are selling gear at all levels.

What's the new change to fishing... I was sleep-fishing yesterday (head on desk, eyes closed, listening for the fish sound) when some other noise would play and I'd not catch anything... I caught a brief glimpse of it once but couldn't make out what I was supposed to do besides something possibly mouse related.

Last edited by Zegridathes; 12-30-2009 at 09:32 AM.

12-30-2009   #9 (permalink)
ohi
Games
World of Warcraft
Awards Facebook Fan

crazyhealer is on a distinguished road
IGN: crazyhealer
Class: Eir lu_eir
Level: no idea...

Screw them for removing the click and drag walking system. That's all i have to say.

12-30-2009   #10 (permalink)
mountain ahoy!
Special
Games

Oh yeah, they need to do something with the new ability to pan around in town... the click to move + click to pan doesn't really fit together well. It would be nice if they did something with the council chamber places a bit too... make it more like a single building with different wings than disparate rooms. Sometimes npcs will be too close to the portal to move to a different room

12-30-2009   #11 (permalink)
很可爱已經吃掉了
Games
LuniaMabinogiEden EternalVindictus

Cookies has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Cookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zegridathes
Oh yeah, it does seem slower... I can't get all up in bosses faces the way I used to.

Mangling didn't seem any different though. Nor did my personal favorite: the skill where you throw the sword (forgot the name).

Gotta be a temp. cap since the shops are selling gear at all levels.

What's the new change to fishing... I was sleep-fishing yesterday (head on desk, eyes closed, listening for the fish sound) when some other noise would play and I'd not catch anything... I caught a brief glimpse of it once but couldn't make out what I was supposed to do besides something possibly mouse related.
For the mini-game, just keep the fish within the two red lines by dragging them up with your left click/space key. There will be numbers in the background stating the depth starting with "9", you get a fish when you successfully drag it up above "0".

Just use your arrow keys + space bar to talk to NPCs around town, and move your mouse over to the NPC windows so you can use space bar for that too.

12-30-2009   #12 (permalink)
Everywhere to me
Special
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerFacebook Fan

Naps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud ofNaps has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Naps Send a message via Skype™ to Naps

That one quest that introduces you to fishing tells you to find this NPC in the fishing area, but i cant find him ;_;

12-30-2009   #13 (permalink)
ohi
Games
World of Warcraft
Awards Facebook Fan

crazyhealer is on a distinguished road
IGN: crazyhealer
Class: Eir lu_eir
Level: no idea...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naps
That one quest that introduces you to fishing tells you to find this NPC in the fishing area, but i cant find him ;_;
It's inside the fishing area. The game designers thinks it's fun for us to look for him now. =x

12-30-2009   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
LuniaTrickster OnlineCosmic BreakGrand Fantasia

Shisu is just really niceShisu is just really niceShisu is just really niceShisu is just really nice
IGN: Mr. Badass
Level: who need lvl. I cheat.

Swordman's attack speed is lowered to the point that even blocking bullets now feels unsafe to do.

The delay between attacks are gonna kill the swordman. It really doesn't matter what builds and stats you add.

Normal attack damage, speed and speciality(blocking bullets) are nerfed and its starting to make this class look redundent altogether.

Last edited by Shisu; 12-30-2009 at 02:03 PM.

12-30-2009   #15 (permalink)

How does cooking works.? I mean the normal one not the minigame..

01-01-2010   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Awards Retired Forum Operations StaffMoM Award

Godbot3000 has disabled reputation
Guild: DashAttack

All I see from CB2 -> OB is dev trying to make room for cs items, and they're doing it in the most stupid ways possible.

...I mean really, degrading max durability on repair...?

01-01-2010   #17 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godbot3000
All I see from CB2 -> OB is dev trying to make room for cs items, and they're doing it in the most stupid ways possible.

...I mean really, degrading max durability on repair...?
Sounds like AERIAGAMES, LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL
z

01-01-2010   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotKaZE
Sounds like AERIAGAMES, LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL
z
or lets say sounds like every other game devs.? lol

01-01-2010   #19 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Note
or lets say sounds like every other game devs.? lol
I only named Aeria because the two games they have (Grand Fantasia and DoMO) have this system. There might be another, not paying attention. All the MMOs I've played DO NOT have this system.

01-02-2010   #20 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

Stamina = beats you down hard....very hard ._.
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/