ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Valkyrie Sky (http://ggftw.com/forum/valkyrie-sky/)
-   -   Officially Released. (http://ggftw.com/forum/valkyrie-sky/67306-officially-released.html)

RoflKnife 12-28-2009 03:31 PM

Officially Released.

Why no posts?

More polished, new things, blah blah. So much progress. I'm really irked that Swordsman got nerfed to oblivion. About half the attack speed with a really nasty 1 second~ delay when using skills. STR is still practically as useless as ever, if not more useless due to the slower attack speed. Mimics are even larger death traps now with slower attack speed >_>...

Also at random times, my Swordsman would hold out her sword and charge VP, leaving me unable to move. I would then mash buttons hoping I could cancel it somehow and move. Most the time I just sit there and get shot down. Really pisses me off, don't know what triggers it.

Kupo 12-28-2009 05:02 PM

I didn't get a chance to play yet... But I hope that magic guy doesn't get taken down a notch. :3 I had fun playing as him.

Zegridathes 12-29-2009 03:42 PM

Slower swordsman attack speed?

noooooo!

Note 12-29-2009 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zegridathes (Post 1109147)
Slower swordsman attack speed?

noooooo!

yeah, mangling and normal atk speed got nerfed and expect a whole new stamina system..

RoflKnife 12-29-2009 05:07 PM

Playing swordsman is now like playing Touhou with 2CM of shooting range. You are ****ED. Now that blocking bullets is less reliable, you can choke on trying to get in range and attack enemies, while focusing on your hitbox and the bullets on screen. Sounds humanly possible.

BoredomKillz 12-29-2009 06:05 PM

so ya i heard you regain 1 sta like every 20 seconds or something when listening to music 8D good thing the night is long x] ish

on the bright side i dont notice much of a difference with wizard class /o/ but im only like lvl 5 x]

Note 12-30-2009 08:18 AM

level 20 is the new level cap.. gamekiss why.?

Zegridathes 12-30-2009 09:29 AM

Oh yeah, it does seem slower... I can't get all up in bosses faces the way I used to.

Mangling didn't seem any different though. Nor did my personal favorite: the skill where you throw the sword (forgot the name).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Note (Post 1109762)
level 20 is the new level cap.. gamekiss why.?

Gotta be a temp. cap since the shops are selling gear at all levels.

What's the new change to fishing... I was sleep-fishing yesterday (head on desk, eyes closed, listening for the fish sound) when some other noise would play and I'd not catch anything... I caught a brief glimpse of it once but couldn't make out what I was supposed to do besides something possibly mouse related.

crazyhealer 12-30-2009 10:24 AM

Screw them for removing the click and drag walking system. That's all i have to say.

Zegridathes 12-30-2009 11:31 AM

Oh yeah, they need to do something with the new ability to pan around in town... the click to move + click to pan doesn't really fit together well. It would be nice if they did something with the council chamber places a bit too... make it more like a single building with different wings than disparate rooms. Sometimes npcs will be too close to the portal to move to a different room

Cookies 12-30-2009 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zegridathes (Post 1109807)
Oh yeah, it does seem slower... I can't get all up in bosses faces the way I used to.

Mangling didn't seem any different though. Nor did my personal favorite: the skill where you throw the sword (forgot the name).

Gotta be a temp. cap since the shops are selling gear at all levels.

What's the new change to fishing... I was sleep-fishing yesterday (head on desk, eyes closed, listening for the fish sound) when some other noise would play and I'd not catch anything... I caught a brief glimpse of it once but couldn't make out what I was supposed to do besides something possibly mouse related.

For the mini-game, just keep the fish within the two red lines by dragging them up with your left click/space key. There will be numbers in the background stating the depth starting with "9", you get a fish when you successfully drag it up above "0".

Just use your arrow keys + space bar to talk to NPCs around town, and move your mouse over to the NPC windows so you can use space bar for that too.

Naps 12-30-2009 01:05 PM

That one quest that introduces you to fishing tells you to find this NPC in the fishing area, but i cant find him ;_;

crazyhealer 12-30-2009 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naps (Post 1109921)
That one quest that introduces you to fishing tells you to find this NPC in the fishing area, but i cant find him ;_;

It's inside the fishing area. The game designers thinks it's fun for us to look for him now. =x

Shisu 12-30-2009 02:00 PM

Swordman's attack speed is lowered to the point that even blocking bullets now feels unsafe to do.

The delay between attacks are gonna kill the swordman. It really doesn't matter what builds and stats you add.

Normal attack damage, speed and speciality(blocking bullets) are nerfed and its starting to make this class look redundent altogether.

Note 12-30-2009 04:22 PM

How does cooking works.? I mean the normal one not the minigame..

Godbot3000 01-01-2010 02:58 PM

All I see from CB2 -> OB is dev trying to make room for cs items, and they're doing it in the most stupid ways possible.

...I mean really, degrading max durability on repair...?

Nihil679 01-01-2010 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Godbot3000 (Post 1111850)
All I see from CB2 -> OB is dev trying to make room for cs items, and they're doing it in the most stupid ways possible.

...I mean really, degrading max durability on repair...?

Sounds like AERIAGAMES, LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL
z

Note 01-01-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dotKaZE (Post 1111874)
Sounds like AERIAGAMES, LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOL
z

or lets say sounds like every other game devs.? lol

Nihil679 01-01-2010 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Note (Post 1111998)
or lets say sounds like every other game devs.? lol

I only named Aeria because the two games they have (Grand Fantasia and DoMO) have this system. There might be another, not paying attention. All the MMOs I've played DO NOT have this system.

Seim 01-02-2010 02:41 PM

Stamina = beats you down hard....very hard ._.