ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Valkyrie Sky (http://ggftw.com/forum/valkyrie-sky/)
-   -   Raising skill levels/classes (http://ggftw.com/forum/valkyrie-sky/62399-raising-skill-levels-classes.html)

Zegridathes 11-03-2009 09:35 AM

Raising skill levels/classes

I've heard through the grapevine that skills can be leveled up to 5 and it would seem it takes a total of 60JP to get any skill to 5 with maximum uses.

The benefit of getting to 5 is maximum effect of passives in the skill chart.

These are the concepts I understand.

On to some questions:

1. Do different skills from different classes provide different passives when combined or is the passive based on class-to-class?

2. Is it possible/advisable to max out all the skills in one class before switching to another? Can you get by maxing out one skill in a class for the skill tree effect (provided they don't offer different effects) and leaving other useful skills at less than five?

3. If you switch from one class to another, can you switch back/can you level skills for previous classes if you have already obtained them?

4. Having not tried changing classes yet, what does the benefit of being the same class as the skills you use actually amount to, in practice?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can give me a little background info here.

Note 11-03-2009 10:39 AM

1. yep.!

2. yep.! but pretty debatable cause getting all the skills would surely slow you down since the other skills isn't that quite good.. So it's better to get all your skills that worth the JP points and take the passive that you like..

3. yep.!

4.Same class will give you +100 skill expertise so you will start with level 2 skill and you will pretty much have faster cooldown..

oomgomfg 11-03-2009 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zegridathes (Post 1036672)
The benefit of getting to 5 is maximum effect of passives in the skill chart.

Skills also change quite a bit from level 1 to level 5, in terms damage and area of effect. In fact, some skills are quite useless if left at level 1, like Swordman's spirit swords(1 sword is a waste of skill slot) and Summoner's arcane blades(low levels allow bullets to pass through).

Quote:

On to some questions:

1. Do different skills from different classes provide different passives when combined or is the passive based on class-to-class?

Passives are not limited to only using skills of the same class.

Quote:

2. Is it possible/advisable to max out all the skills in one class before switching to another? Can you get by maxing out one skill in a class for the skill tree effect (provided they don't offer different effects) and leaving other useful skills at less than five?

Some passives do stack, so you might want to get more skills from the same class just for them, but other than that, choose the skills you max wisely. Try out the other classes, or ask around to see what the skills do/the difference between level 1 and level 5.

And you might want to level the skills you use/like the most first for expertise purposes.

Quote:

3. If you switch from one class to another, can you switch back/can you level skills for previous classes if you have already obtained them?

You can switch classes whenever you want(or once per level?), as long as you have the gran for it. Note that you can only level skills in your current class, if you wish to get the skills from previous classes, you will have to switch back to them.

Quote:

4. Having not tried changing classes yet, what does the benefit of being the same class as the skills you use actually amount to, in practice?

An extra +100 expertise for the skills on top of your normal ones.

Shisu 11-03-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

The passives are based on the classes the skills belong to. Any two skills from the same class will yield the same passive. Any skills from class A with any skills from class B will yield the same passive of that combination.

An example:
class A + class A = passive I
class A + class B = passive II
class B + class B = passive III
class B + class C = passive IV
class C + class C = passive V
class A + class C = passive VI

And you cannot have 3 of the same passive. It's either 2 or 4 due to how they structure their passive table.

I have not seen any other different passive that can be yield from the same combination but with limited testing, I could be wrong.

Godbot3000 11-03-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Possible? Yes. Advisable? Probably not, depending on your class. Generally speaking, there is at least one skill in a class that isn't all that useful and you'd do better by switching classes earlier and getting something from another class. e.g. in my case I went sorcerer -> wizard when I noticed how little anti-boss and bullet removal abilities I had.

Strictly speaking though, if you have a fighter friend who you regularly stage with, you can pretty much get by with anything as long as there is enough mob control between the two of you.

Tea 11-03-2009 10:10 PM

how do you open the middle box in the skill table tab after you place 4 skills in it.

1stsim144 11-04-2009 02:36 AM

^
I think it should be open when all the 4 skills inside the box is max. (my random guess)

oomgomfg 11-04-2009 09:01 AM

The 5th passive is not released(if there is going to be one).

Zegridathes 11-09-2009 05:56 AM

Many thanks for all the responses guys!