ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Valkyrie Sky

Eudemons Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Eudemons Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-28-2009   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
LuniaTrickster OnlineCosmic BreakGrand Fantasia

Shisu is just really niceShisu is just really niceShisu is just really niceShisu is just really nice
IGN: Mr. Badass
Level: who need lvl. I cheat.
Default Mobs coming from the Bottom of the Screen.

Anyone frustrated with mobs coming from below the screen?

This is supposed to be a vertical shooting game but look at the increasing number of mobs that comes from below the screen at Stair Bridge / Bifrost.

This is getting on my nerve to be honest. At least half the mobs comes from below. It's not like most of your skills are aimed downwards. I'm not on an escape mission trying to run away from pursuers either, please. Other targeting skills that chases mobs attacks randomly thanks to the heavy layer of mobs appearing all over the screen. You can't even get rid the bunch of them effectively at all together.

And all these at level 16? I don't know what is to come of the future stages. The developers might as well make all of them come from the bottom and happily say have fun being trolled.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-28-2009   #2 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

what class are you.
There are certain ways to cheat the super insane one at old plains/vigrid if they didnt change it.
I remember at bifrost, the blue balls are out to get u, flying everywhere. I had to keep a phoenix shot for that monster spawn everytime lol..
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

10-28-2009   #3 (permalink)
Fireflies & Lightning Bug

Note is a jewel in the roughNote is a jewel in the roughNote is a jewel in the rough
Guild: FrenchBread

lol yeah, bifrost has the weirdest monster spawn for me atm and those black wisp thingy is just annoying as hell..

10-28-2009   #4 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

I thought mages can handle the mobs or knight. Summoners are just sad >_> freaking 'weapon' is so slow to protect me. ;-;

I wish the Illusion Cannon was able to rotate by itself (360degrees of protection) I mean C'MONNNN.

10-28-2009   #5 (permalink)

Note is a jewel in the roughNote is a jewel in the roughNote is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stsim144
I thought mages can handle the mobs or knight. Summoners are just sad >_> freaking 'weapon' is so slow to protect me. ;-;

I wish the Illusion Cannon was able to rotate by itself (360degrees of protection) I mean C'MONNNN.
Illusion cannon's is just cool if it's level 4~5 and yeah if it rotates 360 degrees it's one of the must have skill for summoner..

10-28-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
LuniaTrickster OnlineCosmic BreakGrand Fantasia

Shisu is just really niceShisu is just really niceShisu is just really niceShisu is just really nice
IGN: Mr. Badass
Level: who need lvl. I cheat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seim
what class are you.
There are certain ways to cheat the super insane one at old plains/vigrid if they didnt change it.
I remember at bifrost, the blue balls are out to get u, flying everywhere. I had to keep a phoenix shot for that monster spawn everytime lol..
Archer. I got a level of chasing shot but it's risky to use it when under swarms of mobs. I usually keep my phoenix for zomglaser and the black mobs that sweeps upwards from the corners of the bottom screen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stsim144

Depending on the fighter is not really nice when he has his hands full trying to protect you and the party from incoming mobs and bullets. I have seen fighters trying to protect me from the blue balls but dying themselves.

The rate of you getting rid of the mobs by touching it when moving downwards while shooting seems too risky all together. I think you need to be a little to the side when attempting this for it to succeed.

And when you are pretty close to the mobs while not touching it at all. The bullets they emit will be a little away from them so you won't even get to see the bullets before you die. Couple this with skill animations that cover the bullets from sight and that's how most of the WTF deaths happen.

10-28-2009   #7 (permalink)

Pretty much my trick to those eyeballs is just stay away from them and go above them.. lol

10-28-2009   #8 (permalink)
Lord of the Ceilings!
Special
Games
La TaleTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseLegend of Edda
Awards Staff AwardEvent WinnerMoM AwardDetail Detective

BoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond reputeBoredomKillz has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: RandomPerson
Class: Saint lt_guardian
Level: 195

i dont mind the back mobs i think its kinda fun but im a wizard who can attack in 360 degrees xD

BUT! what was funny was the Barren Wood final boss xD it came from behind and wasnt in the under/over sky thingy and i didnt know that so i died before it even started xD i lol'd

10-28-2009   #9 (permalink)
ohi
Games
World of Warcraft
Awards Facebook Fan

crazyhealer is on a distinguished road
IGN: crazyhealer
Class: Eir lu_eir
Level: no idea...

Vertical shooting game =/= mobs should come in from the top.

When i play as an archer in green wood, i wait for those mobs which appear from the bottom of the screen to move up before hitting them. Con of this is that i will be swarmed by bullets before i could kill them which is bad as archers don't have any bullet clearing skills. To counter all this weird spawning points, i kinda memorise where the mob spawn at so i won't get a surprise attack from them.

As for getting swarmed by mobs, i always concentrate my attacks at the point where the mobs crowd together and hell fire it. Even if i couldn't clear them all, at least i clear most of them. For bowmen, phoenix could solve the problem easily for you.

10-29-2009   #10 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

shishu!
chasing shot = no-no
arrow orb = o yea~
phoenix shot = ftw!

that should cover all ur behind/side/blindspot needs

o and if u really REALLY need more arrows everywhere, get arbalest
my noobie art :>
http://carrotlegs.deviantart.com/

10-29-2009   #11 (permalink)
I set fire to the rain
Games
Dragon NestLuniaValkyrie SkyDungeon Fighter Online

1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold1stsim144 is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Erliana
Class: Spirit Dancer lt_blader
Level: 70
Guild: Excallibur

I feel sympathy/grateful to the knights who's trying to protect us/me from the bullets during boss fight/mobs spawning.
They always ended up killing themselves. ;-;

Well, I did some run today and I think puma/bees ABLE to kill the mobs that popping on the bottom :I
Just spam Illusion Cannon/Spike in front of you, pressing Z going to middle left/right/center

and just be alert to EVERYTHING. *literally didn't breath for 15sec on Deep Forest*