ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > Archive Material (Read Only) > Retired Forums > Retired Games > Valkyrie Sky

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
02-11-2009   #81 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games
Aika OnlineAll Point Bulletin (APB)Alliance of Valiant ArmsAsda Story

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

It depends on the popularity of the game. Some games have just shut down from lack of interest. But, yer, usually a few days/weeks and it goes into OB. Enough popularity may grant it a host in the US.

Go spam Nexon or ijji or aeria or something. >_>

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-11-2009   #82 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about
Class: MME
Level: -2147483647
Guild: YetAnotherUC

Looks really easy... Though I guess it's wrong to compare to touhou, which is just ridiculous.

Ridiculous: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib8MPhzMxlw&NR=1

Last edited by SilentSaber; 02-11-2009 at 10:51 PM.

02-11-2009   #83 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

The beginning stages are easy.

However, there are some stages that are insanely annoying. I wasn't even half way done with all the stages, so I can't begin to imagine how hard it will be late game.

02-11-2009   #84 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

buta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond reputebuta has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSaber
Looks really easy... Though I guess it's wrong to compare to touhou, which is just ridiculous.

Ridiculous: YouTube - 東方妖々夢 ~ Perfect Cherry Blossom Phantasm Part2
True, but if you play touhou a lot, you'll find your skills kinda carrying over. xD

02-11-2009   #85 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura aboutSilentSaber has a spectacular aura about

O, but there's lag, too. I can't imagine how touhou would be like with lag factored in... hoho. Probably going to be a computer bashfest.

02-11-2009   #86 (permalink)
Discuss.
Games
League of LegendsAionAlliance of Valiant ArmsBloodline Champions
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorMoM Award

Xpecial has disabled reputation
Send a message via AIM to Xpecial
IGN: Xpec
Class: Dainn lu_dainn
Level: -
Guild: -

Speaking of Touhou...

Quote:
All music of Valkyrie Sky is arranged by dBu of Touhou.

It's kind of fascinating for Shmup lovers~!

Valkyrie was popular in Korea for that reason too~
Well, we know the two have something else in common besides for being Shoot 'em up games `-`

About the lag, I have never lagged in the game -yet-. I dc'd a few times, but never lagged.

02-11-2009   #87 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Great. Hope it gets ported over to us (nicely, preferably) sometime.

02-11-2009   #88 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

Only lag I get is frameskip for having a crappy computer.

I have horrible experiences with GnG, hopefully it moves to a REAL publishing company soon.
Maybe a reliable one, OGPlanet? Or maybe its own.

02-11-2009   #89 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentSaber
O, but there's lag, too. I can't imagine how touhou would be like with lag factored in... hoho. Probably going to be a computer bashfest.
I personally haven't seen any lag. And if you live in the West Coast, I'd say you probably won't. They usually have their servers in the area, I think?

It's really not that bad. o_o

Course, that's just one man's opinion. :X

02-12-2009   #90 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

Aren't GNG's global releases pretty much just to show off the game and see how people like it so that other publishers can pick it up if it looks promising?

And at level 20 on Wide Plain / Vigrid [19~22] I have to say there's only been a few bosses that were honestly hard to solo as a swordie. Then again, the game in general would be a ton harder if swordies didn't exists.

edit: made it to Velvet Valley / Hraundalur before server down!

Anyway, just in case anyone cares, my skills of choice for Swordsman would be ...

Throwing Sword [Defender] - 3 shots per level, wide, blocks bullets, does great damage. Can't slash while your sword is flying though.
Mangle [Defender] - I actually think this is the best defensive skill Swordsmen have, and as an added bonus it's a great way to kill mobs that come in from the bottom or any time you need your space.
Thrust [Knight] - hits in front and behind, and it's a bit wider than it looks. It's not particularly special but 6 shots per level is nice and it really helps your limited ranged repertoire.
Spirit Sword [Defender] - the only one I'm not sure about, but I really didn't find any of the other skills that great. This lets you get some extra firepower out without forcing you to aim.

Last edited by m1s3ri; 02-12-2009 at 01:05 AM.

02-12-2009   #91 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

that boss and mini boss in valhalla/black cloud was a pain in my butt. That thing shoots so many bullets, its not wise to go there without a swordie. I had to hide behind my party's swordie XD;; yay meatshield~

02-12-2009   #92 (permalink)
ZeR
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleDragon Nest

ZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of lightZeR is a glorious beacon of light

i think the beta is finished, was quite fun experimenting the classes while it lasted

02-12-2009   #93 (permalink)
Booger face
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon NestVindictusLeague of Legends

Seim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to beholdSeim is a splendid one to behold

it gets really annoying at wide plain/vigrid when all those camouflaged thingys fly in front of you and then another batch of them spawn behind, shooting bullets as they go = =
Cant really shoot behind u when ur a ranger/hunter....

02-12-2009   #94 (permalink)
sorrow 'n sadism
Games
Eden EternalLuniaLeague of LegendsWorld of Warcraft
Awards MoM Award

m1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud ofm1s3ri has much to be proud of

^: yeah, for a lot of the later stages you need to catch on quick when stuff is going to spawn behind and make sure you play up a bit. For all the stages like that, that I can remember, you're safe if you rush to the middle as soon as you see things start to come up ... then just slide behind them and blast them down.

02-12-2009   #95 (permalink)
LIFETIME TRADER
Games
Aika OnlineAlliance of Valiant ArmsAsda StoryArchlord
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Nihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond reputeNihil679 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Nihil679
IGN: Nihiru

hao bout dem summoners?

They sound pretty nice, having a creature to attack for you while you just move around?
Didn't get a chance to try them though.

02-12-2009   #96 (permalink)
Pixellated Yeti Goodness.
Special

Dook is just really niceDook is just really niceDook is just really niceDook is just really nice
IGN: Dookoon/Dashyat
Class: Mighty Ferret Militia
Level: Low
Guild: Noobs Club

Oh Shmup! It's a shoot 'em up!

Would suck being a melee tho. The melee person in the video looks like he/she's batting for flies o_O
I wonder how the pvp would look like.

02-12-2009   #97 (permalink)
Benevolent Misfortune
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineGunboundLa Tale
Awards Retired Content StaffEvent WinnerSotW BeginnerPervert Award

Sanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud ofSanichi has much to be proud of
IGN: Sanichi
Class: Scholar
Level: 50
Guild: FrenchBread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotKaZE
hao bout dem summoners?

They sound pretty nice, having a creature to attack for you while you just move around?
Didn't get a chance to try them though.
Greater Damage please.
Tamer was fun though with Puma 8D

/ / / Playing:Tree of Savior

02-12-2009   #98 (permalink)
Tea
31 Flavors
Special
Games
S4 LeagueWarflowEden EternalSword 2
Awards Retired Content StaffFacebook Fan

Tea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to beholdTea is a splendid one to behold

I was a tamer in the cb. They do the most point damage overall to the rest of your team if you just hold down the left mouse button the whole time while spamming your ASDF keys when you feel like it.

My most useful skills was Wisp & Swarm (the bees). Bees have homing and the Wisp is high damage/Homing on one enemy. The next best skill would be the Dogs that criss-cross on your screen. The Crows was pretty lame, i'd avoid that skill.

02-12-2009   #99 (permalink)
fat fat fat fat fat PIG
PROBLEMS BUTA?!
Special Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea
I was a tamer in the cb. They do the most point damage overall to the rest of your team if you just hold down the left mouse button the whole time while spamming your ASDF keys when you feel like it.

My most useful skills was Wisp & Swarm (the bees). Bees have homing and the Wisp is high damage/Homing on one enemy. The next best skill would be the Dogs that criss-cross on your screen. The Crows was pretty lame, i'd avoid that skill.
I just held down Z. o.o
Movement with the mouse bugged me. I hate how the spells don't go in a straight line. Or how your monster goes for the first thing that shows up, usually a big monster, leaving the weaker monsters to mob up and go crazy shooting you.

02-12-2009   #100 (permalink)
kyubey☆bandwagon
Special
Games
MapleStoryDragon NestTrickster OnlineDC Universe Online

LiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud ofLiLMewmew has much to be proud of
IGN: MewCharm
Class: Cleric lt_explorer
Level: 47
Guild: Scandalous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea

You should also get Conjurer's skill with the one that hits 8 targets. It's a good mob control.