Awards Admin Award

adipiciu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to adipiciu
IGN: becali
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 236
Guild: Gingis Han
Default Issues

I have a sugestion to make a bot that ads the namespace to pages that don't have namespaces and also to correct the links that don't have namespaces. Its a titan work to do this even if there are some people trying.

Issue 1:
The ifeq function makes the templates big and the text has many empty lines.
Issue 2:
The categories don't have a namespace. So who put {{NAMESPACE}} in place of {{Trickster Online}}, don't show up the namespace in the categories.
Issue 3:
Don't delete pages before checking that other pages links to that page!!! This is why many people are saying that wiki is unavailable or uncomplet. The wiki is up to date. So when you move a page to the correct namespace, don't delete it yet! Because maybe there are 100 links to that page and then they become red links. (Here i'm talking to the wiki mods

Maybe there are more issues but thats all for now. Please discuss.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
08-04-2008   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

Alright- I got noe to run a script to clean up the namespace movement. All pages should now be in the new namespace. unfortunately re-writing the links is not so straight forward.

As for the ifeq problem I'm still trying to figure out that one. Other templates on the wiki use ifeq and don't end up so distorted.
>< hang in there, we are still new !

Kitty Empire Forever

08-04-2008   #3 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoria
Alright- I got noe to run a script to clean up the namespace movement. All pages should now be in the new namespace. unfortunately re-writing the links is not so straight forward.

As for the ifeq problem I'm still trying to figure out that one. Other templates on the wiki use ifeq and don't end up so distorted.
>< hang in there, we are still new !
I've seen the script running but i'm afraid that not all the pages were moved, because i tried to fix some links with the correct namespace but some links are still red.

Issue 4
I noticed another issue, its about the css i think, but i cannot edit it. When you move the mouse over a link or a picture, the background becomes white.

These issues are for all the wikis not only for TO.

Last edited by adipiciu; 08-05-2008 at 12:28 AM.

08-04-2008   #4 (permalink)
mountain ahoy!
Special
Games
ACE OnlineWorld of TanksGuild Wars 2
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Zegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud of

Weird thing about the white-mouseover bit is that I'm not seeing it in the CSS...

nope, I've found it.

Last edited by Zegridathes; 08-04-2008 at 08:36 PM.

08-05-2008   #5 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zegridathes
Weird thing about the white-mouseover bit is that I'm not seeing it in the CSS...

nope, I've found it.
Its here, but i can't edit it, i'm not a sysop anymore.

/**************************/
/*** MISCELLANEOUS ***/
a:hover {
color: rgb(10,106,245);
text-decoration: none;
background-color: rgb(255,255,255);
}

Issue 5
Templates don't have a namespace (they have they own namespace Template) so i think we don't have to move them. And if there are 2 templates that have the same name, lets say for compounding Template:AP, we can make something like ifeq {{NAMESPACE}} = Trickster Online then ... Just an ideea, because its crazy to edit every page from TO to change just the template that is used.

Issue 6
Categories are the same as templates. But i think we shall move them. I think of a better way. We can put the categories link directly in the template so we don't need to type on every page the categories in which that page belongs. So the template itself will put the categories for every page depending on the variables. This is possible bu will requires some good wiki knowledge.

08-05-2008   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light

There aren't that many templates. They need to be organized. ~.~ I realize it's going to take time but it doesn't need to happen overnight. If instead of naming them all TO you want to add them all to a category, "Trickster Online Templates" then go ahead. i do -not- think that if there are two things that need the same name template we should make a if/ifeq because it will just make the template confusing and long. All new templates should stick to the naming scheme.
The problem with putting the categories in the template is organizing the entries in the categories...ehh
adipicu you seem really negative

Anyways, if you are going to put the categories for things that use the template in the template themselves make sure to use the tag
"includeonly" around the categories that you want to add, this will make sure that only pages that "transclude" the template will have those categories and not the template itself.
Likewise if you want to put the template into a category then make sure to use the tag
"noinclude" so that every page that uses the template is not included in this category.

Kitty Empire Forever

08-21-2008   #7 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by adipiciu
Its here, but i can't edit it, i'm not a sysop anymore.

/*** MISCELLANEOUS ***/
a:hover {
color: rgb(10,106,245);
text-decoration: none;
background-color: rgb(255,255,255);
}
Can a sysop modifiy the bold line with this background-color: transparent;
I think this can fix the white background on mouse hover issue
lol ->

08-21-2008   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special

Um adipicu, that was changed nearly a month ago. >>

Kitty Empire Forever

08-21-2008   #9 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
Um adipicu, that was changed nearly a month ago. >>
The line was just commented. And i suspect the background color its inherited from the default skin. So i sugest to uncommnet the line and change it to background-color: transparent;

Last edited by adipiciu; 08-21-2008 at 02:20 PM.

08-22-2008   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special

What are you trying to fix? Because CSS that is inherited from the main.css file will always be called as it's called later in the display order.

Kitty Empire Forever

08-22-2008   #11 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
What are you trying to fix? Because CSS that is inherited from the main.css file will always be called as it's called later in the display order.
No, the common.css will overwrite the main.css. I'm trying to fix the thing when you hover your mouse over a picture or link, the background becomes white. So then whats the purpose for transparent images then? I don't know how its shows in firefox but in ie7 its an issue.