Try 

Prius Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-13-2009   #1 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai
Default Revamping TO's Main Page

I've moved everything to :Trickster Online:New Trickster Content Page - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

So please feel free to add and edit things there.

---------------------------

As of now, TO's the only featured section that has its own distinct frontpage layout. I've been working, on and off, for a new layout so it'd match with the rest of the featured games (thanks to Medi's) User:Kudaranai - MyMMOGames.net Wiki (and yes, it's incomplete)

But there are some things to consider..

a)Do we want to revamp it? OR it'd be better to keep what we have, just for the sake of something people are used to

b)If we do decide to change it, we'll have to make extra pages to include whatever's that already laid out in the front page. (Everything's bascially there) and that might make it less organized?

I'm asking this mainly because I don't want to spend time on this, and not having it used (I could go slacking off in GC or LT sections instead, ohohoho)

Anyhoo, opinions, comments

Last edited by Kudaranai; 01-20-2009 at 03:35 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-13-2009   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Mizuiro will become famous soon enough
Class: Fox to_fox
Level: 14x

I don't think a revamp is necessary. In my opinion, the main improvements to the main page (that I can see) would be possibly rearranging everything that's on the front page. We could put the most visited pages near the top and the others near the bottom. For example, I don't think the class pages are visited nearly as much as the area pages (Desert Beach, Megalopolis, etc).

Give reputation points when you can!

01-15-2009   #3 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

I actually quite like it, it's simplistic and it's very aesthetically pleasing. Besides that, it features the fox and lion. 8D

01-15-2009   #4 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

adipiciu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to adipiciu
IGN: becali
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 236
Guild: Gingis Han

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtiel
I actually quite like it, it's simplistic and it's very aesthetically pleasing. Besides that, it features the fox and lion. 8D
If you want to standardize the games main pages, it is ok. But i think many are used with the current main page. We need many user opinions.

01-15-2009   #5 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute

Thus, the creation of this thread \o

01-15-2009   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

Kuda, I think we should make a anonymous poll, get the honest opinion of lots of people.

I would love to standardize things but i've been hesitant to move this page since people are so used to the old format. I also think even if we do go to the default template we need to adjust the order (as said above)- The more frequently used things like quests and maps should prolly be featured higher on the left navigation menu.

Kitty Empire Forever

01-15-2009   #7 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Sirnaq will become famous soon enoughSirnaq will become famous soon enough
Class: Cat to_primadonna

We're so used to the old one interface, it will take time to change our mentality. Let's say I want to access the Thowing Weapon List table, asap. It'll be a little tricky the first few days/weeks... But sooner or later, TO main page will have to look like every other one, it makes sense.

I definitely like your test page (some love for senses never hurts)

Btw, will the left menu on your user page replace the curent one (with show/hide)? Having a perma-left menu like this would be MUCH appreciated by everyone i'm sure

(if you plan to improve the test page, why not replacing "want to help out" and "blue" columns, by our "recent updates"? Just a suggestion, tho).

01-15-2009   #8 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

@ Medi, I agree, but that means we have to complete the test page, so we can add it to a poll @_@~

@Sirnaq, the side column menus are permanent, like the other featured games pages. It's the way Medi made it lol /o/

Also, I don't mind if you want to edit the page, mainly because I'm not as used to TO sections like the others. So go ahead and add anything that should be there. \o

01-18-2009   #9 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon SagaLegend of EddaZoomumba
Awards Retired Division HeadMost Valuable DivisionEvent WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, Kudaranai! I liked the new Trickster Front Page because it keeps a standard with the front page of the other games. But, I prefer the current layout of the Wiki TO, because it is well more practical and easy to find the information needed.
By the way, I think there is a little delay in finding the information in the front pages of the other games. Perhaps we can mix the layouts to create a new one that it'll be practical, clean, pretty and attractive.

01-18-2009   #10 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

I agree, I like how everything's laid out on the TO's page. Maybe we should come up with a standard for the front pages

/paws Medi

01-20-2009   #11 (permalink)
Demon Lord

CrimsonSlyr has disabled reputation

Hmm, I somewhat like Kuda's layout of the new main page but it lacks some options on the left side such as monsters by location, monsters by level etc. Also, instead of Cash items, it would be better off as Throw Items, since the wiki team are planning to remove the MyShop area and merge it with the in-game to make it easier for everybody.

I do agree with Sidero's idea of mixing up a little since in my opinion, the meda wiki front pages lack information, whereas the trickster front-page has too much information.

01-20-2009   #12 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

The good thing about that is..you can add more side column if it's needed. So we can still list out Quest By Level, Monster By Level, etc.

01-20-2009   #13 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Big Wiki user.

I personally think it should be revamped. Compared to everyone else's (The other features) our's looks... to say in nicely terrible. It's rather plain and dull.

Personally, I think we should go with Kuda's look. Oh, and the Blue title could be the section for the quick links, like to compound items, bosses, and maps, oh, and quests.

01-20-2009   #14 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

I think it should be revamped as well (this post is observational - not intended to be directional).

One, the current layout is a relic from MT. I will not deny that it's organized but the fact that it looks like MT may confuse a new visitor that comes here, then goes to MT, then comes back here.

Two, it isn't inline with our current feature direction. TO is the "oddball" and, to an observer, this could appear as if it's not updated as frequently or cared for as the other sections are. Granted, a quick poke at "recent changes" will disprove this, but how many will take the time to do that?

If a major argument is that the "new" layout isn't informational enough then it can be altered as necessary - I'll leave that to the discretion of the wiki team - but I do believe TO should match the others and should not resemble MT's as closely as it does.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

01-20-2009   #15 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games

I've moved everything to :Trickster Online:New Trickster Content Page - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

So please feel free to add and edit things there.

01-20-2009   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Mizuiro will become famous soon enough
Class: Fox to_fox
Level: 14x

It looks like I've been outvoted.

I'm okay with whatever people want to do since majority should rule in this case.

Give reputation points when you can!