Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
12-21-2008   #121 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Sirnaq will become famous soon enoughSirnaq will become famous soon enough
Class: Cat to_primadonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoria
I added a new template a while ago to aid with any sysop requests you might have, as well as for sysops & mods to use to mark pages.
Template:Ambox - MyMMOGames.net Wiki
It's still a work in progress, I plan on modifying them so they automatically put a file into a certain category depending on which ambox you use.

As for someone in charge of CONTENT of the wiki, that's you guys (orange names)- that's your job.
Could you please modify a page using one of these new boxes, just to make sure how to use it the best way? I'm sure this new feature will come in handy soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kracher
If u need any help on technical issues... let me know...
~ maybe i can help
Welcome to the HQ!
Why not starting by editing/creating a few pages here, adding contents by copy/pasting pages with similar contents, it's helps familiarize with the wiki pretty fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuiro
Oh, and I'm still waiting on more feedback on the table of contents standard.
Do you mean the Table of contents on the quests pages? It's kinda hard to browse it beacause of the links being splited among 2 or 3 lines. Maybe, removing the NPC's names, or using less columns, would improve it a little?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adipiciu
Edit: The Phantom School map pictures are ridiculously big.
Yep, Crismon just uploaded new clean Ph.dungeon images (the old ones from Ph.school were just ugly/badly formated/whatever). Before we moved to something different, we were discussing about the size the images should have:
-60% of original size, like in many other places,
-Custom predefinite, same width for all,
-mines maps also are special: very long/thin/etc

So let's discuss before resizing anything ;o

My to-do list:

[ ] Phantom Dungeon Monsters
[ ] Phantom Dungeon Maps
[x] Phantom Dungeon Quests -> good job guys ;o
[ ] Phantom Dungeon NPC
[ ] Phantom Dungeon Items/Eqs

[x] Santa's Missing! Event
[x] NPC's Daily Quest
[x] CH.Eugene / Aria Exchange
[ ] New 4G set -> Charts done, need Eqs data.
[x] MS Mireru
[x] Gacha Xmas
[ ] More myshop? -> ???
[ ] Creating Categories, like "AP Compound", "Shockvibe Protection Compound", etc. -> Postponed until no tomorrow.
[x] Black Swamp items
[ ] Swamp Dungeon Drilling info

Yay, the job gets done
Now, if you think about something else, urgent or not, feel free to add it to the list.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-21-2008   #122 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

Pochi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Pochi Send a message via MSN to Pochi Send a message via Yahoo to Pochi
IGN: MookieFox
Class: Thief Master to_thiefmaster
Level: 251/288
Guild: Nova_Angel

I added the unique shield quests to the black swamp quests page. Can someone take a look and see how it is...? some of the unique eqs still need to be added as well as the boss page making a reference to the quest. I have not finished the second part to get the shield so the info i put in is based on what others have said. Let me know if anything else should be changed.

EDIT: also i didnt change the placement of the circles arount where the npc is.. its kindve annoying doing it by trial and error.. is there an easier way?

Last edited by Pochi; 12-21-2008 at 03:18 PM.

12-21-2008   #123 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Mizuiro will become famous soon enough
Class: Fox to_fox
Level: 14x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirnaq
Do you mean the Table of contents on the quests pages? It's kinda hard to browse it beacause of the links being splited among 2 or 3 lines. Maybe, removing the NPC's names, or using less columns, would improve it a little?
Hmm. I'll try both approaches and see if that looks any better.

Quote:
My to-do list:

[ ] Phantom Dungeon Monsters
[ ] Phantom Dungeon Maps
[x] Phantom Dungeon Quests -> good job guys ;o
[ ] Phantom Dungeon NPC
[ ] Phantom Dungeon Items/Eqs

[x] Santa's Missing! Event
[x] NPC's Daily Quest
[x] CH.Eugene / Aria Exchange
[ ] New 4G set -> Charts done, need Eqs data.
[x] MS Mireru
[x] Gacha Xmas
[ ] More myshop? -> ???
[ ] Creating Categories, like "AP Compound", "Shockvibe Protection Compound", etc. -> Postponed until no tomorrow.
[x] Black Swamp items
[ ] Swamp Dungeon Drilling info

Yay, the job gets done
Now, if you think about something else, urgent or not, feel free to add it to the list.
Do you want me to add your list to the front page? I don't mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pochi
EDIT: also i didnt change the placement of the circles arount where the npc is.. its kindve annoying doing it by trial and error.. is there an easier way?
I don't know of an easier way. If someone does know, please share!

Give reputation points when you can!

12-22-2008   #124 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

kracher is on a distinguished road
IGN: kr4cher, 2ndkracher
Class: All of dem xD to_lion
Level: xxx

Quote:

Welcome to the HQ!
Why not starting by editing/creating a few pages here, adding contents by copy/pasting pages with similar contents, it's helps familiarize with the wiki pretty fast.
THX!
Lemme first take a fast look on the current template.

Some questions:
- are some categories assigned to special members? Like "john doe" does all the weapon stuff? Or even "john doe" is the chief of wiki "Game XYZ"
- how much is already implemented? in % maybe?
- isn't there a possibility to turn already implemented sites off to get an overview?

e.g: Trickster Online Wiki (mytrickster.net/wiki): if the site is implemented (or copied/pasted) , just set a link to mymmogames/wiki with the info:
"Please visit the new Wiki" or something like that...

So far,
greets,

k.

12-22-2008   #125 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

adipiciu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to adipiciu
IGN: becali
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 236
Guild: Gingis Han

Quote:
Originally Posted by kracher
THX!
Lemme first take a fast look on the current template.

Some questions:
- are some categories assigned to special members? Like "john doe" does all the weapon stuff? Or even "john doe" is the chief of wiki "Game XYZ"
- how much is already implemented? in % maybe?
- isn't there a possibility to turn already implemented sites off to get an overview?

e.g: Trickster Online Wiki (mytrickster.net/wiki): if the site is implemented (or copied/pasted) , just set a link to mymmogames/wiki with the info:
"Please visit the new Wiki" or something like that...

So far,
greets,

k.
1. Currently we don't have special members assigned to categories. We have though the so called Content Managers, and for Trickster Online is Sirnaq.
2. It is very hard to approximate in % how much it is implemented. But should i say over 90%?
3. mytrickster.net/wiki is dead for a long time and it is blocked for editing. Even so, we don't need another war => answers is no.

Quote:
Yep, Crismon just uploaded new clean Ph.dungeon images (the old ones from Ph.school were just ugly/badly formated/whatever). Before we moved to something different, we were discussing about the size the images should have:
-60% of original size, like in many other places,
-Custom predefinite, same width for all,
-mines maps also are special: very long/thin/etc

So let's discuss before resizing anything ;o
All of the maps are taken from the in-game mini-map. Except the dungeon maps. I heard now the poppuri dungeon is displayed entirely on mini-map - we can take them from ss the mini-map(to-do). The rest of the dungeon maps can be taken from the .nri files and minimized to a custom size (it can be 60%, 70% who knows - because the dungeon maps size varies very much).

Notes:
[ ] Phantom Dungeon Maps - They are the same as the Phantom School
[ ] Phantom Dungeon NPC There is only one NPC - Shama Jia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pochi
I added the unique shield quests to the black swamp quests page. Can someone take a look and see how it is...? some of the unique eqs still need to be added as well as the boss page making a reference to the quest. I have not finished the second part to get the shield so the info i put in is based on what others have said. Let me know if anything else should be changed.

Yes try and try ) Top means the distance from the top to the circle and Left the distance from left to the circle. Now it is much easier to put them correctly as the new mini-map shows the NPC's position.

12-22-2008   #126 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

kracher is on a distinguished road
IGN: kr4cher, 2ndkracher
Class: All of dem xD to_lion
Level: xxx

Oooooh... ok!
Didnt knew that the wikis were different and that there has been a war... ._."
Sry...

12-22-2008   #127 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

I looked at fixing the table of contents so that it wouldn't look so cluttered, but the current template requires that the NPC names be included in order for the link to work. I'll see if tweaking the template would help with the clutter issue.

12-23-2008   #128 (permalink)
Demon Lord

CrimsonSlyr has disabled reputation
Default Maps Eh?

I've decided to go back to wiki work again b/c eTO is just plain boring.

Up to you adupicu if you want to put ingame maps, imo it's better if we had maps with a uniform height and width size. The current maps i uploaded were just to be temporary until Sirnaq and the others decided what size should we go with. I've raised this issue before, if we have in game maps then the images sizes would be irregular, low quality, have arrows and be inconsistent with the other maps, we must be as consistent as possible.

Imo, remove the images of items on the quests pages, its talking too long to load up with my web browser.

About the issue earlier on sections dedicated to certain ppls. Idk, each of us has our own strengths + weaknesses in certain areas.
I usually deal with 1 section at a time since im sort of a jack-of-all-trades but some sections are really annoying to work with and can get really repetitive compared to others.

Transfer quests arent really official quests, we don't need a page for every single transfer like how tombeth was set up, transfers should be formatted like how ive formatted coward craven at Trickster Online:Phantom School - Science Lab - MyMMOGames.net Wiki. That way we don't need to spend time on making a separate page for the transfer info itself and we can save time + space.
I also made Transfer quests items run under additional items instead of q items.

Mad ray is going to get replaced i think, so im not going to bother working on his boss room as of yet.

Phantom dungeon pretty much has the exact same drillables as their school counterparts except for the equips and pots.

The new equips at dungeon aren't temper able, my guess this is just another screw up by failtreev b/c if they really aren't temper able then those weapons would be worth jack ****.

Edit: Which would be better, Spinning Galders or Still Galders? Still Galders offers faster loading times while Spinning offers the eye-candy.

Last edited by CrimsonSlyr; 12-23-2008 at 02:40 AM.

12-23-2008   #129 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSlyr
I've raised this issue before, if we have in game maps then the images sizes would be irregular, low quality, have arrows and be inconsistent with the other maps, we must be as consistent as possible.
If we put screenshots of the in-game minimaps, the maps will all be at 142x142. They are not low quality. They will have arrows and NPC locations which is a good thing. The problem is with the dungeon maps, that need to be taken from the .nri files and then resized.

Edit: Also i hate those spinning galder coupon gifs.

Last edited by adipiciu; 12-23-2008 at 02:43 AM.

12-23-2008   #130 (permalink)
Demon Lord

Not all maps are 142x142 eg:tall or wide maps. The qual would be lower unless ppls start taking SS in bmp format, i noticed this when i compared the maps side by side.
NPC loctations change from time to time, like what happened to shaman girl jia at oops 4, card hunter, or when the map gets revo. When it gets changed that means we got to upload another map again. Its better off if we used the flashing circles to locate the NPCs since we could change it just as easy.
Are you suggesting we upload new maps every time the npc moves locations, Adupicu?

About the spinning galders, it's settled. im going to revert it into still ones. Idk about monster .gifs tho. Should they be still too?

Edit:I've been working on a new universal template. Unlike normal tables, this one can sort things out by stats, lvl, price and name. I've set up a shop table on the bottom of my user page
http://www.mymmogames.net/wiki/index...er:CrimsonSlyr

Any opinions on improvements and whether or not it be implemented would be appreciated.

Last edited by CrimsonSlyr; 12-23-2008 at 10:00 AM.

12-23-2008   #131 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Imo, remove the images of items on the quests pages, its talking too long to load up with my web browser.
I agree. I don't think the images are all that necessary for a frequented page. Besides, users can just look at each item's page if they want to know more details about those particular items.

Quote:
Transfer quests arent really official quests, we don't need a page for every single transfer like how tombeth was set up, transfers should be formatted like how ive formatted coward craven at Trickster Online:Phantom School - Science Lab - MyMMOGames.net Wiki. That way we don't need to spend time on making a separate page for the transfer info itself and we can save time + space.
I also made Transfer quests items run under additional items instead of q items.
I like that format. However, I think we should put up a notice or something when we're finished, alerting users that the formatting has changed.

Quote:
Edit: Which would be better, Spinning Galders or Still Galders? Still Galders offers faster loading times while Spinning offers the eye-candy.
Which pages are you talking about? Any pages or just the drillable items pages?

Quote:
Not all maps are 142x142 eg:tall or wide maps. The qual would be lower unless ppls start taking SS in bmp format, i noticed this when i compared the maps side by side.
NPC loctations change from time to time, like what happened to shaman girl jia at oops 4, card hunter, or when the map gets revo. When it gets changed that means we got to upload another map again. Its better off if we used the flashing circles to locate the NPCs since we could change it just as easy.
Are you suggesting we upload new maps every time the npc moves locations, Adupicu?
Good point. It would probably be best to stick with the blank maps in case NPCs start moving around again.

Quote:
About the spinning galders, it's settled. im going to revert it into still ones. Idk about monster .gifs tho. Should they be still too?
I never liked the moving monster gifs. I think they should be still, too.

Quote:
Edit:I've been working on a new universal template. Unlike normal tables, this one can sort things out by stats, lvl, price and name. I've set up a shop table on the bottom of my user page
User:CrimsonSlyr - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

Any opinions on improvements and whether or not it be implemented would be appreciated.
I think that table is great! It definitely should be implemented. My only concern is that it is not obvious what the sorting button is. A small caption saying "sort by price" or something similar by each button would help.

12-24-2008   #132 (permalink)
Demon Lord

When is the [[:Category: Delete]] going to be cleared up? Also, Should we have still monster gifs or animated ones?
TOTableK is semi-ready for use, but i'm not going to implement it until all the maps are done with updates.

I would really like to get a definite response for map sizes, [DON"T say USE IN-GAME SCREENSHOT, b/c the answer will be a big NO], since I would really like to upload the Trench of the Dead maps.

Last edited by CrimsonSlyr; 12-25-2008 at 11:38 AM.

12-25-2008   #133 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

I still say we should use the still images for the monsters. As for map sizes, are there any existing links to the different sized images that would look good? I would like to see the choices before I make a decision on that.

12-25-2008   #134 (permalink)
Demon Lord

Adupicu said that he/she wanted the animated versions better, so that's why i'm asking on more user opinions so we can reach a conclusion.

We usually take InGame or JWiki images for our maps. InGame maps don't totally show the whole maps at all times and JWiki just use any size (I tried copying the Karan Trials maps from JWiki but it exeeded 300kb).
That's why we need a official image size dimensions for certain shaped maps. Not, some % reduction but a official size like (insert number here) x (insert number here).

Sometimes when i preview pages when i edit, the CSS goes all funny and the page structure goes all haywire, does anybody have any info on the cause of it?

Maybe we should put a temporary poll on this thread and see what the results say.

Last edited by CrimsonSlyr; 12-25-2008 at 08:45 PM.

12-26-2008   #135 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
We usually take InGame or JWiki images for our maps. InGame maps don't totally show the whole maps at all times and JWiki just use any size (I tried copying the Karan Trials maps from JWiki but it exeeded 300kb).
That's why we need a official image size dimensions for certain shaped maps. Not, some % reduction but a official size like (insert number here) x (insert number here).
The in-game pictures are 142x142. But for the dungeon we don't have in-game full map. And also the dungeon have some very long maps horizontaly or verticaly. Like the Nora Sewer map. If you make that 142x142 it will not look good. That is why resizing by % ratio is the best thing. Also i can't say 60% or 70% because size differs very much. Just resize it to a size that looks good Even something like ???x142 or 142x??? will be good.
Quote:
Sometimes when i preview pages when i edit, the CSS goes all funny and the page structure goes all haywire, does anybody have any info on the cause of it?
This happens because you broke the tables. Be careful when you edit tables

12-26-2008   #136 (permalink)
Demon Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by adipiciu
The in-game pictures are 142x142. But for the dungeon we don't have in-game full map. And also the dungeon have some very long maps horizontaly or verticaly. Like the Nora Sewer map. If you make that 142x142 it will not look good. That is why resizing by % ratio is the best thing. Also i can't say 60% or 70% because size differs very much. Just resize it to a size that looks good Even something like ???x142 or 142x??? will be good.
That's exactly what I was saying, you can't re size by % ratio 60% or 70% and expect a consistent image size because size differs very much. I propose that we make all certain shaped maps, like tall maps or wide maps, sized according to a certain dimension, like ???x142 or 142x???.

Adipiciu, after we get all the locations updated (not including post-revo area's). I've decided to implement the new Equipment Table and Equipment Sub-Section into the wiki & get rid of the MyShop table as there will be no need for it. However, it won't work unless your bot adds certain category's into the equipment themselves, eg: TO MyShop Knife, TO InGame Knife. Will you be willing to help me out by making the bot add certain categories to equipment's in the near-future?

Also, i've decided to copy TOStoreK onto the existing shop tables and rename the USE header to match the content instead of making a universal table out of it. In the end, the universal table lacked information like "use" or "equip", without that little bit of info, the shop tables became confusing. I tried adding that little bit of info onto the shops them selves but it wouldn't turn out right so I decided to add the info on the template itself. Like with the equipment table, I won't add the shop template as of yet until after all the locations get updated.

I've also decided to implement TOStoreK on sections like Trickster Online:Other Weapons List but modify it to be able to sort by slots, stats, weight and so on. However, Idk how will I deal with the colour coding. I guess we will have to wait and see, or maybe decide to scrap it, Idk.

If anybody would like to see a sneak-preview of the equipment, equipment sub section and shop tables and what they look like. I already have a complete version on my user page.

Edit:Adipiciu and I have decided to implement the new equipment table so he could get his bot to work in it right away. Since some category's are still WIP, what you will see currently is only temporary, any suggestions on how to improve it in structure or appearance will be great.

Edit 2:Why aren't my changes saving? If i don't get the changes back in time ppls will wonder what happened to the Other Weapons and Other Shield sections.

Last edited by CrimsonSlyr; 12-26-2008 at 12:39 PM.

12-26-2008   #137 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade

Just an unrelated note, but I've noticed a lot of the spelling "Gatcha." Unless that was changed, I do believe the official and correct spelling is "Gacha", so please make sure to check spelling.

12-26-2008   #138 (permalink)
Demon Lord

Okay, i'll spell Gacha, Gacha from now on. Chesters, can you delete the stuff under category delete once in a while? It's starting to pile up.

I reversed the work i've done to the equipment section since my work isnt being saved properly. I could have sworn that I completed category TO Sword and Category TO Shield, but when i checked after wards it was back the way it was, heck, my entry wasn't even on the history. Just to make sure that i wasn't daydreaming, i checked if the newly created sub-pages were still there and they were still there. I wasn't daydreaming.

Edit:Chesters and Everybody, I got some bad news for you. Check out User contributions - MyMMOGames.net Wiki That's a whole lotta things to put under category delete.

Last edited by CrimsonSlyr; 12-26-2008 at 05:42 PM.

12-27-2008   #139 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
Okay, i'll spell Gacha, Gacha from now on. Chesters, can you delete the stuff under category delete once in a while? It's starting to pile up.

I reversed the work i've done to the equipment section since my work isnt being saved properly. I could have sworn that I completed category TO Sword and Category TO Shield, but when i checked after wards it was back the way it was, heck, my entry wasn't even on the history. Just to make sure that i wasn't daydreaming, i checked if the newly created sub-pages were still there and they were still there. I wasn't daydreaming.
1.Always use the official names. No lolboxes, no gatcha!
2.I replaced the StoreA, StoreB,... StoreE templates with template Store made by CrimsonSlyr.
3.The priorities now are uploading missing maps, and reducing size for the phantom school maps and updating missing info.

12-27-2008   #140 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

I'm slowly working on the Chaos Spire info since almost nothing is there about it in the wiki. If anyone is on Jewelia and would like to go for a run with me to gather info, give me a PM.