LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
12-16-2008   #101 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Mizuiro will become famous soon enough
Class: Fox to_fox
Level: 14x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirnaq
It looks like all quests (but trials & unique acs) are here , so it safe to update all the items. I've done the very first ones but most of them have to be done, you can go for it. I can give you a hand, like you start from the first quests, I start from the last one, if it's ok for you?
That sounds good. I'll get started on that ASAP.

Quote:
Black Swamp NPCs: They are now up-to-date. But there are TONS of missing quests and outdated informations regarding other locations. What priority should I give to the NPCs? Is there a more urgent work that needs to be done first?
I can't think of any other urgent tasks at the moment, so you can go ahead and start working on that. I can go ahead and finish looking through the Black Swamp quest items myself so that you can dedicate more time to the NPC info.

Quote:
Shield Table: I've merged what i could merge, so everything here reflects the current in-game contents. Just one question about Chaos/Ults that are now dropped by boss: Karan drops Chaos/Ults 110, but what about Count Blood and Tenter? Are the old Master Eqs still available, or should we remove them from the boss drop list? I hate trials so, well xD
I honestly have no idea. Hopefully someone knows the answer to your question.

Quote:
Images: I think by now, 90% of the Etc/Use Items are fully pictured. There are still some quest items, like Weird Piece 1/2/3, Nono's note, that I can't get anymore... Good news, I've removed the "old image large/small" links in the Etc/Use templates, it looks much better n.n
I'm going through all the Episode quests with my sheep right now. If you know specifically which items are missing their images, you can PM me the list. If it's really long, just let me know where to start and I'll do my best.

Quote:
<noinclude>: do you think there's a way to modify all pages having tags like this:

Code:
}}

<noinclude>blablabla</noinclude>
so it becomes:
Code:
}}
<noinclude>
blablabla
blablabla
blablabla
</noinclude>
It would spare us a lot of time, and the quests and monsters pages would look much better ;o
A bot would probably help with that. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to make bots. ^^; I know adipiciu has made a bot, though. You may want to talk to adipiciu.

Give reputation points when you can!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-16-2008   #102 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

adipiciu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to adipiciu
IGN: becali
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 236
Guild: Gingis Han

Quote:
I've tried to edit that before, but I can't figure how those specific lines are working :/
It would help a lot to see these informations when we want to add Eqs to the charts.
I had some free time and i've fixed the equipment template

Quote:
<noinclude>: do you think there's a way to modify all pages having tags like this:

Code:
so it becomes:

Code:
<noinclude>
blablabla
blablabla
blablabla
</noinclude>
It would spare us a lot of time, and the quests and monsters pages would look much better ;o
I can try make a new functions for the bot that does that.

12-17-2008   #103 (permalink)
Sakayo
Special
Games
MabinogiVindictus

KawaiiSaka is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to KawaiiSaka Send a message via Skype™ to KawaiiSaka
IGN: Lisolette
Class: Evie
Level: 70
Guild: SOS Brigade

Quote:

good job ^^
Btw, should the cape be added to the "xxxx Set Table", when a cape is available, but sold separately?
I didn't add the cape because I don't think it would be a set. I went through the old Trickster Event pages and it didn't include it... so I'm not sure whether it would be appropriate ^^"

Lunia: Kanairi/Ruriri •ₒ• SOSBrigade •ₒ• Mabinogi: Rakusu (Mari) •ₒ• Vindictus: Lisolette

12-17-2008   #104 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

I've decided to work on some formatting for the pages during the maintenance. As it was stated in a few pages before, here's an idea for a table of contents standard (they would go in order from left to right in the table):

-Key Quests
-General Quests
-Card Quests
-Story Quests
-Monster Quests
-Party Quests
-Transfer Quests
-Boss Trials
-Other (when necessary)

Does anyone think this would be a good standard? I'd like to see a few comments before I start adding all of those tables.

12-17-2008   #105 (permalink)
Sakayo
Special
Games
MabinogiVindictus

That's good. Easier to find quests that way by type. I'm not sure if Boss Trials would count as a "quest" though. And as for the transfer quests I don't really think it's necessary unless you need it to fill up room.

Lunia: Kanairi/Ruriri •ₒ• SOSBrigade •ₒ• Mabinogi: Rakusu (Mari) •ₒ• Vindictus: Lisolette

12-17-2008   #106 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiSaka
That's good. Easier to find quests that way by type. I'm not sure if Boss Trials would count as a "quest" though. And as for the transfer quests I don't really think it's necessary unless you need it to fill up room.
Hmm. Would it be better if the Boss Trials and the Transfer Quests went under the "other" category?

12-17-2008   #107 (permalink)
Sakayo
Special
Games
MabinogiVindictus

Maybe....

P.S. I added the gifs to the soon-to-be SP gacha. The names are not exactly like it in-game but that can be fixed later.

12-18-2008   #108 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiSaka
Maybe....

P.S. I added the gifs to the soon-to-be SP gacha. The names are not exactly like it in-game but that can be fixed later.
I'll wait and see what others say about the table of contents standard. Also, I updated the first post to include everything I saw that's new. Anyone, if you see anything that's incorrect or missing on the first post, let me know, and I'll edit it.

12-18-2008   #109 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Sirnaq will become famous soon enoughSirnaq will become famous soon enough
Class: Cat to_primadonna

I'll skip the NPC's pages since there's more important work waiting for us ;O

Here's my own To-do list:

[ ] Phantom Dungeon Monsters
[ ] Phantom Dungeon Maps
[ ] Phantom Dungeon Quests
[ ] Phantom Dungeon NPC
[ ] Phantom Dungeon Items/Eqs

[ ] Santa's Missing! Event
[ ] NPC's Daily Quest (haven't tried this yet)
[ ] CH.Eugene / Aria Exchange
[ ] New 4G set
[ ] MS Mireru
[ ] Gacha Xmas
[ ] More myshop? xDXDXD

[ ] Don't know if it really matters, but I'll made all the categories, like "AP Compound", "Shockvibe protection Compound", etc. So when we work on Etc/Uee item pages, no red link should be seen at all.

[ ] Black Swamp items: would be good to finish it
[ ] Swamp Dungeon Drilling info: just a note so we don't forget it.

About the SP Gacha Town, why don't we give them their "seasonal thema name"?
VenusXMireru -> Engagement (like Wedding in the past)
Rosalyna -> Halloween
Mint+Nadia > X-Mas (like Santa in the past)

Btw I've finished working on Fiesta Zone 4 (gate + combat zone):
Trickster Online:Fiesta Zone 4 - Gate of Jelly Alert - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

Can I ask a sysop to delete the following pages, they contain only 1 word:
Trickster Online:Fiesta Zone 1 - Gate of Sand Alert - MyMMOGames.net Wiki
Trickster Online:Fiesta Zone 2 - Gate of Cucool Alert - MyMMOGames.net Wiki
Trickster Online:Fiesta Zone 3 - Gate of Skull Alert - MyMMOGames.net Wiki
Trickster Online:Fiesta Zone 5 - Gate of Mask Alert - MyMMOGames.net Wiki
Trickster Online:Fiesta Zone 6 - Gate of Snow Lady Alert - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

All those maps (but Map 4) can be deleted. I'd rather have a red link that tells the page has to be done from scratch. Thanks ;D

12-18-2008   #110 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

I added the Delete category to all of the pages you want deleted. That way, the sysops know that those pages need to be deleted. For future reference, if you want a page deleted, simply add this code into the page:

Code:
[[Category:Delete|{{PAGENAME}}]]

12-19-2008   #111 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuiro
I added the Delete category to all of the pages you want deleted. That way, the sysops know that those pages need to be deleted. For future reference, if you want a page deleted, simply add this code into the page:

Code:
[[Category:Delete|{{PAGENAME}}]]
That's why I did until I noticed most of TO's sysops have moved to LaFail >.>
If someone could delete all those useless pages and categories, it would help ;o

Btw, the bot has done a good job (once again ), is it possible to add something else? -> renaming every "Vampire Castle" by "Vamp Castle", since it's the name used in-game?

Gacha names: is it ok to rename Venus Xmireru-> Engagement, Rosalyna-> Halloween, MintDoothy-> X-Mas, etc?

Tenter: Does he still drop Master/clever etc Eqs, or we can safely remove them??

12-19-2008   #112 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
That's why I did until I noticed most of TO's sysops have moved to LaFail >.>
If someone could delete all those useless pages and categories, it would help ;o
That remainds me of the old MT wiki... We need at least one active sysop for each game.

Quote:
Btw, the bot has done a good job (once again ), is it possible to add something else? -> renaming every "Vampire Castle" by "Vamp Castle", since it's the name used in-game?
I've just tested the bot LOL. I will make a full run later, now I'm updating many things

12-19-2008   #113 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Sure that a few more sysops, at least one for each game, would work better.

Now I've updated Aria's Exchange list. First, some ppl were confused with the location shown in parenthesis, so I made it clearer:
Trickster Online:Aria - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

I also used the new template: Exchange, instead of Synthesis. Problem is, the table is screw up when there is more than one "ingredient". How should we handle tables like this?

12-19-2008   #114 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

I've fixed the Exchange table.

The Daily Quests are permanent?

12-20-2008   #115 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

there is no reason to have a sysop for every game. sysops do not have any more power than a normal editor of the wiki except to delete files, ban users, and edit the internal mediawiki files (mainly the css).

Kitty Empire Forever

12-20-2008   #116 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Can't believe it, sysops are still alive

And thx for deleting the useless pages (I think pretty much everything can be safely deleted, btw).

The new Exchange template works just perfectly, I've just removed 1 line, so that exchange can go up to 4 "ingredient", the maximum reached with aria and eugene's exchanges. I've no clue what aria's "weird box" contents is, same with Dual/Double Wing Rumia, so it may remain as is for a while.

As Adipiciu said, has anyone any idea if Daily Quests are perma or not? Just to know if we should include each single quest in their Quest by Location page (hey as we talk about it, is it normal that Punisher vincento are so gayish strong??) xD

Right now I'll finish Black swamp items with what quest(s) they are related to, before I move to something else ;o

12-20-2008   #117 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

Not like we ever went anywhere >>
The sysops are on every day.

The wiki is cache-ing strangely for me at the moment, so things I delete are not being removed from the delete category properly. I'll look into it later.

I added a new template a while ago to aid with any sysop requests you might have, as well as for sysops & mods to use to mark pages.
Template:Ambox - MyMMOGames.net Wiki
It's still a work in progress, I plan on modifying them so they automatically put a file into a certain category depending on which ambox you use.

As for someone in charge of CONTENT of the wiki, that's you guys (orange names)- that's your job.

Kitty Empire Forever

12-20-2008   #118 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

kracher is on a distinguished road
IGN: kr4cher, 2ndkracher
Class: All of dem xD to_lion
Level: xxx

If u need any help on technical issues... let me know...
~ maybe i can help

Last edited by kracher; 12-20-2008 at 10:35 AM.

12-20-2008   #119 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Hey guys, I've been a little busy lately, so I haven't been working on much. ^^;

I THINK the Daily Quests are permanent, but I put them in the Current Events list just to give people a heads-up that they exist and to have them all in one place in case there is an upcoming event for them.

I have noticed that there are more and more special quests coming out now. Take the NPC Daily Quests and Star Gazer Stella's fortunes for example. Should there be a subcategory for these quests (e.g. Special Quests)? They're not typical quests, and they're permanent, so they're not events. What do you guys think?

Oh, and I'm still waiting on more feedback on the table of contents standard.

12-21-2008   #120 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuiro
I have noticed that there are more and more special quests coming out now. Take the NPC Daily Quests and Star Gazer Stella's fortunes for example. Should there be a subcategory for these quests (e.g. Special Quests)? They're not typical quests, and they're permanent, so they're not events. What do you guys think?
I added these quest under Quest by Type. I also added some new Phantom Dungeon monster quests for the 2nd floor. Still missing the 3rd floor ones. I've updated the Card Quests page, added Mireru equips. But there is more to do

Edit: The Phantom School map pictures are ridiculously big.

Last edited by adipiciu; 12-21-2008 at 01:31 AM.