12-10-2008   #81 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Mizuiro will become famous soon enough
Class: Fox to_fox
Level: 14x

My responses are below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirnaq
For the new Eqs section to be complete, we still need Mint Exchangeable, Swamp Set (former "Expedition"), and Tenter Set. No need to hurry for all of those, let's add them to the To-do list.
Will do.

Quote:
I've slightly revamped the Shield Table, here:
Trickster Online:Shield Table - MyMMOGames.net Wiki
Many shields are missing, such as Golden Shield or Mithril shield that can't be obtained from shops. So only Old/Strong versions (monster drops) exist so far. Can someone give a look at it and check if everything's ok?
Looks fine so far. I haven't wandered over to Black Swamp yet, but I'll make a note to add the stats on those missing shields if I see them.

Quote:
I feel sad for those who spend time working on it, but general agreement is that gifs should not invade the quests page. Just have a look at to Episode 3 Quests, or Mirage Island Quests: with a few hundred gifs on each page, we gonna blow the server :/
Question: should we remove them (esp. Black Swamp) ??
I left a note for the person adding the images (Hawk2) to stop by at this thread, but they haven't responded. I think it would be a good idea to remove them, especially if there's not a way to make them optional.

Quote:
How should we proceed with limited-time MS gears, such as Snow Set, Ice penguin and all those stuff? Talking example, the MS Sword List:
Trickster Online:MyShop Swords List - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

There are 2 tables, the first for permanent contents, the second for events gears. Sadly, the second one is somehow "hidden", or at least, hard to find if you don't know by heart how the wiki is made ;p
Need suggestion plz.
There should be a table of contents for the current format. However, I never really liked the format of those tables because of the difficult navigation. We'll need to discuss if/when we should update those pages.

Quote:
I'm currently doing the Swamp quests and it takes an incredible amount of time to complete every one of them. I feel like monster drops have been nerfed like never before, and I only find less than 5~10 useful quest items (when I'm Lucky) with a 200k galders drill... :/
So far I'm still drilling in the swamp area. When I'm done here, I'll give a hand with what can be drillled in the Dungeon. May takes several days/weeks, though.
No problem. Any info that you get is better than none.

Quote:
Should we had Marx refining event to the main page?
I think that would be a good idea. That way people who don't go to the official Trickster page very often will know about that event.

The wiki is getting so much better! Let's keep it up!

Give reputation points when you can!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-10-2008   #82 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Sirnaq will become famous soon enoughSirnaq will become famous soon enough
Class: Cat to_primadonna

o thx, fast reply is fast

So, for the time being, I'll simply add Snow gears in the second sword table, before we forget it completely. We can always improve the whole page later on.

Btw, I was the one who's changed _TOC_ to _NOTOC_ on those pages when I revamped them. I'll set it to TOC again, np.

Marx event: sure, let's do it then.

Images removal: it will be long since it's a quest-by-quest work, but it has to be done before it comes to somebody else's mind to add more images everywhere :/

As we talk about it, I just noticed that all the Boss Seals are now being displayed at the bottom of the main page. Should we keep it as is? I have the weird feeling that gathering all seals on a single Web page is bad: only a devoted and courageous player, that has defeated every single boss one by one, should have the privilege to see them all on his own Boss Tab... Having a full preview of the seals, and on the very 1st page of the wiki, I'd call that an... heresy! Could we discuss about this, too?

So many things to do, dunno what to begin with

12-10-2008   #83 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Hmm, I didn't realize that about the boss seals. I thought it looked nice, but it can be a spoiler since you brought that up. I personally don't think it's a big deal, but if there's enough opposition, we should go ahead and change it.

12-10-2008   #84 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Lv170 sets and events eqs added to their respective tables.

I've also tried something with colors and levels: the Lv.70+ Shield table:
Trickster Online:MyShop Shields List - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

Yyea "spoiler", that's the word. Dunno if a page with all seals is needed, all the more than many bosses are not sealable anymore. At least, removing it from the front page would be better. We can still make a special pages using all seals, like the "Boss monsters" link just above that can be improved. Will think of it later... way later.... Not so important after all.

well, 'nuff for today ;p

12-10-2008   #85 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

I like the new coloring for the tables. My only concern is people getting confused over the colors. I know that there's other tables that use those colors to represent Event items, Quest items, etc. Should we keep that up and make a coloring difference between permanent MyShop items and limited time ones?

12-10-2008   #86 (permalink)
is back. 4nao .

Rwinna is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Rwinna Send a message via MSN to Rwinna
IGN: Rwinna x 2
Class: Fox / Explorer to_thiefmaster
Level: 1xx / 3x
Guild: Einharjars / Corruption

Lessee. ^ ^; Time for me to phail.

1. I have a few equips that I've drilled up from the Swamp Fields. I don't know how to add the info in without screwing up the wiki pages. Should I just copypasta the basic info from another equip and just change the values around, like with compounds and all?

2. IMHO, I really don't think the gifs are necessary for the quest pages. It kind of frustrates me trying to load the page to finish up the Black Swamp quests, and I'm forced to wait a few minutes as the spinning galder coupons of doom appear. . .slowly.
Having them on map pages, however, is okay, because it helps identify things, and it doesn't necessarily take up too much space and time to load.
Also, I helped add some of those piccies and I don't want them taken off.
. . . Jk. But srsly. Yeah. No, no. I don't mind. Cerealli. Stop reading this. D8

3. I'll give a helping hand w/ the Swamp Dungeon drillables, because
1) I still need stuff there.
2) I have four Bling Drills and I'm DYING to use one instead of those slow Swamp Drills.
3) I have ID, although it fails to detect items 99% of the time. ;~;
4) If I can manage to NOT procrastinate, I'll be able to free up some valuable time for this.

4. The Marx Refining Event is an event, so go ahead and add it. x3;;;

"I love j0000~ . . .wait. Hello? Are you there? Helloooo?"
"...*snickers on the other end*...*hangs up*"
Why so mean? ;~;

12-10-2008   #87 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwinna
1. I have a few equips that I've drilled up from the Swamp Fields. I don't know how to add the info in without screwing up the wiki pages. Should I just copypasta the basic info from another equip and just change the values around, like with compounds and all?
Yeah, just change the values. That's how I normally add new info.

Last edited by Mizuiro; 12-10-2008 at 06:15 PM.

12-10-2008   #88 (permalink)
Sakayo
Special
Games
MabinogiVindictus

KawaiiSaka is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to KawaiiSaka Send a message via Skype™ to KawaiiSaka
IGN: Lisolette
Class: Evie
Level: 70
Guild: SOS Brigade

I added the values for Snow Princess Jr. but I'm still trying to figure out how to make it into a table for the Snow Jr. Set... But I guess it doesn't need to be done too rushed.

Lunia: Kanairi/Ruriri •ₒ• SOSBrigade •ₒ• Mabinogi: Rakusu (Mari) •ₒ• Vindictus: Lisolette

12-10-2008   #89 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiSaka
I added the values for Snow Princess Jr. but I'm still trying to figure out how to make it into a table for the Snow Jr. Set... But I guess it doesn't need to be done too rushed.
Be sure to add:

Code:
|Set=Snow Jr.
(or something similar for the Set variable) to each item page that's in the set. What I normally do for tables is copy and paste a similar table and modify it. If you have trouble with that, PM me and I can help you out.

12-11-2008   #90 (permalink)
Sakayo
Special
Games
MabinogiVindictus

Okay I got it. This wiki stuff is actually pretty fun xD

Lunia: Kanairi/Ruriri •ₒ• SOSBrigade •ₒ• Mabinogi: Rakusu (Mari) •ₒ• Vindictus: Lisolette

12-11-2008   #91 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

I'm done with removing the images from black swamp quests. If someone is willing to finish the monster quests images, I let it to him.

Key quests now come first, like in Rose Garden and several other areas. Should we keep this standard?
-Key Quests
-General Quests
-((Story Quests: where in the list?))
-Monster Quests
-Party Quests
-Teleport
-Boss Trial

Many Black swamp items now have new small images (like Mucin, Feel Eye, Slythis Jelly, etc), so i've uploaded them, with minor adds on Swamp Field maps. These pages looks really terrible

I'll finish black swamp monster page later, pretty much everything is up to date from path to swamp Monsters, to swamp field. The Dungeon Monsters will come later.

Btw, how do you know exactly what skill a monster use ? Sometimes the monster strikes I have a Guard Break icon, saying "Magic Defense Failure" or something. How to know if monter's hit is a regular attack or if she uses a skill like Stone Strike ?

Quote:
Okay I got it. This wiki stuff is actually pretty fun xD
Good job Saka, with the snow set. I'm glad you enjoy editing the wiki ;o

12-11-2008   #92 (permalink)
is back. 4nao .

Erm, I'm going to start updating the Swamp Dungeon maps soon, and I have a question.

Do I just add on all of the new things that I find to the page as it is right now, or may I remove all of the pre-revo items and just rework it all?

Why so mean? ;~;

12-11-2008   #93 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwinna
Erm, I'm going to start updating the Swamp Dungeon maps soon, and I have a question.

Do I just add on all of the new things that I find to the page as it is right now, or may I remove all of the pre-revo items and just rework it all?
I find it easier to delete everything and rework it, but someone else said it might be handy to have the pre-revo info on hand. Try out both approaches and see what works for you.

Quote:
Key quests now come first, like in Rose Garden and several other areas. Should we keep this standard?
-Key Quests
-General Quests
-((Story Quests: where in the list?))
-Monster Quests
-Party Quests
-Teleport
-Boss Trial
A standard would be good, and I think that one is fine. I can help update any pages that don't meet that standard. Also, if there are any other types of quests (such as the Ankh Pendant Quest in Desert Beach), they should just be added to the bottom of the list. That way, people won't get too confused.

Quote:
Btw, how do you know exactly what skill a monster use ? Sometimes the monster strikes I have a Guard Break icon, saying "Magic Defense Failure" or something. How to know if monter's hit is a regular attack or if she uses a skill like Stone Strike ?
The way I can tell is if "Power Attack!" shows up in an explosion when the monster strikes. As for telling the difference between these skills, I'm not sure, but "Power Attack!" definitely shows up.

Last edited by Mizuiro; 12-11-2008 at 03:24 PM.

12-11-2008   #94 (permalink)
is back. 4nao .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuiro
I find it easier to delete everything and rework it, but someone else said it might be handy to have the pre-revo info on hand. Try out both approaches and see what works for you.
:3 Alright then, I'll just delete stuff. I don't think the old equips are there anymore due to the new revo anyways. Besides, there's always an undo button. ^ ^;

Why so mean? ;~;

12-12-2008   #95 (permalink)
Sakayo
Special
Games
MabinogiVindictus

Did all the Magic Stone sections except for Charms (HP, HV, DP). The MA section *minor detail* for each stone does not have a comma (small details but doesn't really matter). I tried to use the larger Magic stone images for Charm type stones but the size is a bit smaller than the other power, magic, sense ones so I didn't bother to upload it.

12-13-2008   #96 (permalink)
Demon Lord

CrimsonSlyr has disabled reputation
Question Mint Exchange?

Just to let you ppls know, someone didn't do Trickster Online:Mint right.
I never knew Mint in Paradise Shop offered Precise Pierce Gun and Mint in Carbigal Shop used Cacao's for exchange?

12-14-2008   #97 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

adipiciu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to adipiciu
IGN: becali
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 236
Guild: Gingis Han

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSlyr
Just to let you ppls know, someone didn't do Trickster Online:Mint right.
I never knew Mint in Paradise Shop offered Precise Pierce Gun and Mint in Carbigal Shop used Cacao's for exchange?
I remade the page, but i didn't had the time to finish it Now it is ok

The Equipment Template is not showing the lines: Weight, Value, Time and Notes. Can someone repair it? I don't have time.

Last edited by adipiciu; 12-14-2008 at 06:01 AM.

12-15-2008   #98 (permalink)
Sakayo
Special
Games
MabinogiVindictus

Lalala~ The magic stones are all done. I added the images for ice penguin and -attempted to- add stats to it.

12-15-2008   #99 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Lalala~ The magic stones are all done. I added the images for ice penguin and -attempted to- add stats to it.
Great! I edited the first post.

I noticed that some of the Black Swamp quest items are not actually listed as quest items on their individual pages yet. Is the quest list finished? If so, I can go ahead and add which item is for which quest on the pages lacking that info.

Also, if there's any other ongoing projects that have not been listed in the first post, please let me know, and I'll add them.

Last edited by Mizuiro; 12-15-2008 at 04:45 PM.

12-16-2008   #100 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by adipiciu
I remade the page, but i didn't had the time to finish it Now it is ok

The Equipment Template is not showing the lines: Weight, Value, Time and Notes. Can someone repair it? I don't have time.
I've tried to edit that before, but I can't figure how those specific lines are working :/
It would help a lot to see these informations when we want to add Eqs to the charts.

Quote:
good job ^^
Btw, should the cape be added to the "xxxx Set Table", when a cape is available, but sold separately?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuiro
I noticed that some of the Black Swamp quest items are not actually listed as quest items on their individual pages yet. Is the quest list finished? If so, I can go ahead and add which item is for which quest on the pages lacking that info.

Also, if there's any other ongoing projects that have not been listed in the first post, please let me know, and I'll add them.
It looks like all quests (but trials & unique acs) are here , so it safe to update all the items. I've done the very first ones but most of them have to be done, you can go for it. I can give you a hand, like you start from the first quests, I start from the last one, if it's ok for you?

Black Swamp NPCs: They are now up-to-date. But there are TONS of missing quests and outdated informations regarding other locations. What priority should I give to the NPCs? Is there a more urgent work that needs to be done first?

Shield Table: I've merged what i could merge, so everything here reflects the current in-game contents. Just one question about Chaos/Ults that are now dropped by boss: Karan drops Chaos/Ults 110, but what about Count Blood and Tenter? Are the old Master Eqs still available, or should we remove them from the boss drop list? I hate trials so, well xD

Images: I think by now, 90% of the Etc/Use Items are fully pictured. There are still some quest items, like Weird Piece 1/2/3, Nono's note, that I can't get anymore... Good news, I've removed the "old image large/small" links in the Etc/Use templates, it looks much better n.n

<noinclude>: do you think there's a way to modify all pages having tags like this:

Code:
}}

<noinclude>blablabla</noinclude>
so it becomes:
Code:
}}
<noinclude>
blablabla
blablabla
blablabla
</noinclude>
It would spare us a lot of time, and the quests and monsters pages would look much better ;o