Grand Fantasia
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Grand Fantasia

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
02-17-2011   #821 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

vochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to all
IGN: quit
Class: Gladiator to_mercenary
Level: 280

Can someone add the removed option in the pet template

thank you.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
02-17-2011   #822 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon SagaLegend of EddaZoomumba
Awards Retired Division HeadMost Valuable DivisionEvent WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond repute

Done Voch.

02-17-2011   #823 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

adipiciu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to adipiciu
IGN: becali
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 236
Guild: Gingis Han

Can someone fix the rest of the templates or unprotect them so I can edit them? All the templates can be fixed, except for the quest templates where the header with the name needs to be removed (story quest template, card quests template, etc.).

02-17-2011   #824 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
Awards Retired Division HeadMost Valuable DivisionEvent WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, guys, sorry for my absence, but I'm superbusy with my RL job and Wiki Staff tasks.

So, you fixed the wrong "Edit" link and Map/Location parameters. Good job!

But, it's unnecessary add the "===NPC - Name===" header on each quest page. I edited the quest template and readded the paramenter "Name", with ifeq, to avoid ton of edits.

Still we have fix something: the right "Edit" link was gone too. Please, make your suggestions to fix this, since to edit a quest page now we must click on section, click on "Preview" button, click on quest link (bottom of page), and click on "edit" tab... 4 steps/clicks.

When we discover a solution for this problem, we can apply to the other quest templates.

Adi, you've mentioned Sirnaq. Sirnaq edits the wiki sometimes, and doesn't left us. I'm missing Mizuiro, remember her? And please, consider what Noe said, ok? ;D

02-17-2011   #825 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidero
But, it's unnecessary add the "===NPC - Name===" header on each quest page. I edited the quest template and readded the paramenter "Name", with ifeq, to avoid ton of edits.

Still we have fix something: the right "Edit" link was gone too. Please, make your suggestions to fix this, since to edit a quest page now we must click on section, click on "Preview" button, click on quest link (bottom of page), and click on "edit" tab... 4 steps/clicks.

When we discover a solution for this problem, we can apply to the other quest templates.
I think I have fix the problem. I made a workaround for the edit link, and it looks now exactly the same, but with the external link thing...
I don't know how come no one mentioned this problem, I noticed it is like 1 year ago and users couldn't edit the quest (because there aren't many who know how to reach to the specific quest page).

Someone with rights should repair the other protected templates. I suggest to unprotect the templates, everyone should edit the templates if he needs to or try to learn to use them. And acts of vandalism are punished with permanent ban both on forum and wiki, and I didn't see one lately. And edits can be reverted easily. We should encourage users to edit.

Quote:

Adi, you've mentioned Sirnaq. Sirnaq edits the wiki sometimes, and doesn't left us. I'm missing Mizuiro, remember her? And please, consider what Noe said, ok? ;D
Sometime people come and go for different reasons. That's why it is good to have a replacement anytime.

I have noticed a lot of missing quest and broken links in the quests by level. I will try to update them as a play, but someone should help for the lowest level quests.

02-17-2011   #826 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

You fixed, Adi, great!

02-17-2011   #827 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
Adi, you've mentioned Sirnaq. Sirnaq edits the wiki sometimes, and doesn't left us. I'm missing Mizuiro, remember her?

I would like to see Mizuiro and the others here like in the old days when the wiki forum was very active Or other enthusiastic people to come with ideas and help.

03-08-2011   #828 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

Hi, I bring a good question made by Adipiciu to we discuss and define.

Quote:
Why do you made monster quests will all of the request on a single page? And deleted the monster quest for every request? We can't put them in the quest by level this way. How we should proceed? Or do you have another idea?
The Monster Quest pages were grouped to reduce the size of Region Quest pages. The only issue is how to fit them on "Quests by Level" category. If we think that a Quest is like an item, like equipment, to be categorized by level, we can add a level range category like we doing on Equipments and Pets (Level XXX-XXX Quest). Since a revamp on Snow Hill is coming, and more too following the Season 2 plan, I believe that we could add a level range categories on each Quest page. Then, each page will be located on "Quest by Level" categories automatically.

But, how add the Monster Quests (Monster, Monster Daily, and Shadow Monster Daily Quests)? If we consider that a quest is a request of a NPC, a different request is a different quest, although they have the same NPC, location and quest name (see note). I won't split the monster quests in each request on Quests by Location (this is applicable for Quest by Type categories too). So maybe we have 2 ways to edit Monster Quests:

- Quests by Location Categories:
Objective: The players find easily all quests on the Region where they are.
All requests are grouped like Event Monster Quest (ex: Hunter Yuri - Desert Beach Monster Quest - ggFTW Trickster Wiki)
Configured on Quest Templates: already added

- Quests by Type Categories:
Objective: The players find easily all quests that are the same type.
All requests are grouped like Event Monster Quest.
Configured on Quest Templates: already added

- Quest by Level Categories:
Objective: The players find easily all existent quests that fit your level.
Each request is a different Monster Quest (ex: Love Hunter Robin - Path to Ghost Blue 1 - Request 1 - ggFTW Trickster Wiki, Love Hunter Robin - Path to Ghost Blue 1 - Request 2 - ggFTW Trickster Wiki)
Configured on Quest Templates: pending

Need your opinion.

Note: If we consider a different request is a different quest, although they have the same NPC, location and quest name, this will affected Keeper Julio's Storage Quests (have same level requirement, NPC, location, but have different requested amount of item, different prizes, and different experience). This premiss will not affect the Normal, Daily, Transfer or Party Quests.

03-08-2011   #829 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

The categorization by level for Monster Quest can be made by adding a category Quests_Level_XXX for each request. Where XXX is the level rounded down. For example if Robin has 3 request, on for lvl 97, 105, 123, then we will add 3 categories Quests_Level_90, Quests_Level_100, Quests_Level_120.

And I want to say something else. I know things change and we need to upgrade and evolve, but there are too many useless changes, too many styles changes, etc. I know you like wiki and made a hobby for it, but wiki syntax is hard and if you keep changing things so often, you will not attract other users. And this is not the biggest problem. So, I will explain here some things that can be taken as a rule.
- When you change a template from template1 to template2, I suggest you add a note to template1 that it is obsolete and say that template2 is the current one. And we can add a note that will appear on every page that uses template1, so the users will know to edit the page and change to template2. (But I recommend to just modify template1 and not make another template2)
- When you modify a template, for example a parameter name Area to Location, do this so it will be back compatible, and both pages that use Area or Location will look the same. If you not to this, at least try to edit and update all the pages affected. otherwise the wiki will look very unprofessional with red links or with undefined parameters {{{Location}}} or nonfunctional edit links, etc.
- When we make changes to the template, we need to change the style as little as possible. This is how you make and keep a brand. Look at the firefox, cola, google symbols, etc. And also, when there is a major upgrade, we need to think twice before we modify something and keep the impact of the change to a minimum. This way we can spend more time adding content and not correcting every page over and over for every template change.
Take this as an advice. I hope you all agree with this.

03-09-2011   #830 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games

This is a good categorization and I approve. Let's start!

About templates, we thank your suggestions and will consider them in the next template changes (if case) for all wikis.

03-30-2011   #831 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Like in the equipment categories, we should add the Level XXX Quest, Drill, etc. to all the quests, drills, etc. It will help searching through quest by level, drills by level, etc.

05-14-2011   #832 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

vochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to allvochtigepoesje is a name known to all
IGN: quit
Class: Gladiator to_mercenary
Level: 280

Should the common drop just be changed to common level drop since a lot of monsters drop specific stones now. Like Level 155 Equips & Stones

07-14-2011   #833 (permalink)
Just a cosmic girl
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineIris OnlineFlyFFRagnarok Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

Moonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant futureMoonflow has a brilliant future
IGN: Moonflow
Class: Kitty
Level: RIP

I must say I think all of you guys do an amazing job with the wiki.
It's helped me out so many times as well as tons of others I'm sure.

I wonder if SG know just how lucky they are to have such a dedicated player base.
They should be paying you for this xD

02-19-2012   #834 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

zemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nicezemega is just really nice

I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but could someone clarify to me whether this page is correct?
Tower of Chaos 61st to 72nd Floor - ggFTW Trickster Wiki
In "Poirot - Reinvestigate Outraged Requiem", it says the "Quest Cycles: 1 Time(s)". Is it just 1 or is it suposed to be, or shuold it be like others "Quest Cycles: Each 1~99 Time(s)"

02-19-2012   #835 (permalink)
~Karan Worshipper~
Games
Tales of Pirates 2Tales of PiratesTrickster OnlineRusty Hearts
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

WingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: SealFighter/Ayme
Class: Diva/Natasha to_primadonna
Level: 319/50
Guild: <<Firefly>>/Resurrection
Xfire: sylpheondine

Quote:
Originally Posted by zemega
I'm not sure this is the right place to ask, but could someone clarify to me whether this page is correct?
Tower of Chaos 61st to 72nd Floor - ggFTW Trickster Wiki
In "Poirot - Reinvestigate Outraged Requiem", it says the "Quest Cycles: 1 Time(s)". Is it just 1 or is it suposed to be, or shuold it be like others "Quest Cycles: Each 1~99 Time(s)"
Thanks for noticing this, I fixed it :3

11-08-2012   #836 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of Legends

Revolution will become famous soon enoughRevolution will become famous soon enough
IGN: XO Strike
Level: Changing

Hmm.. aren't the cycles for the bosses infinite and not 99 times? :O
because I think my cycles are past 99.

My Tips On Refining!

11-09-2012   #837 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlinePhantasy Star UniverseLuna OnlineBattlestar Galactica Online

Cait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Cait
IGN: Caiterz
Class: bunny to_champion
Level: 100(rTO) 271(eTO)
Guild: None (rTO) «Firefly»«Serenity» (eTO)
Xfire: Caiternoodle

I did most of the event page.

Cuz you guys are lazy *slapslap* XD

(you know i <3 you)

01-28-2013   #838 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Sirnaq will become famous soon enoughSirnaq will become famous soon enough
Class: Cat to_primadonna

Hello all,

Sadly the story is turning to a "game over", that's a very, very sad news. Still I'm amazed at the way the wiki has evolved during all these years! Especially you Sidero (you were much, much more devoted than me for sure!), you did such a great job! I learned a lot with you all at the wiki team, not only the wiki-coding/html stuff, but also how to work as a team, that was an unvaluable experience. Thank You. So much.