Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
12-04-2008   #61 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade

Please do not double post. I've merged all of them now, but please just use the Edit button.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-05-2008   #62 (permalink)
Demon Lord

CrimsonSlyr has disabled reputation

I've updated Swamp myself to a Certain Extent. Some more stuff needs to be added but im going to grab something to eat and take a break. Any feedback is appreciated.

12-05-2008   #63 (permalink)
is back. 4nao .

Rwinna is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Rwinna Send a message via MSN to Rwinna
IGN: Rwinna x 2
Class: Fox / Explorer to_thiefmaster
Level: 1xx / 3x
Guild: Einharjars / Corruption

I want to try and lend a hand in editting the Wiki. I figure it's partially my job and all. I don't really have any knowledge whatsoever involving this stuff, and I've only been copynpaste-ing in information for the stones in the Compound section and just changing values, but I'm learning a little bit. I'm still confused about most things and how they work though. @@;

Ermm, I'll kind of browse through some other sections for a bit to get a better idea of how it works before I try my hands at it. I don't really have much time to spend on it right now either. ._.

B>240 hour days, pl000xxxx.

"I love j0000~ . . .wait. Hello? Are you there? Helloooo?"
"...*snickers on the other end*...*hangs up*"
Why so mean? ;~;

12-05-2008   #64 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Mizuiro will become famous soon enough
Class: Fox to_fox
Level: 14x

Welcome! Yeah, just looking at other pages is the way I learned Wiki code. If that goes too slow for your liking, this page helped me as well. Don't worry too much about how the code looks. If it's broken, someone will eventually come and fix it. If you're worried about fixing your mistakes quickly, just use the undo link under the history tab. Previewing pages also helps.

Information is the most important part about the wiki, anyways.

EDIT: By the way, Slayer, I glanced through the Black Swamp pages, and it looks great so far!

EDIT x2: I'm working on filling in the red links for all of the MyShop magic stones right now. Should I list all of the prices on each compound page? In other words, the prices for each of the stones are on their individual pages (ex. MA Stone 20), but they are not listed (for the most part) on the compound pages (ex. MA compounds). Should I edit in the prices? I know that would help me if I was quickly glancing at the lists.

Give reputation points when you can!

Last edited by Mizuiro; 12-05-2008 at 06:07 PM.

12-05-2008   #65 (permalink)
is back. 4nao .

Rwinna is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Rwinna Send a message via MSN to Rwinna
IGN: Rwinna x 2
Class: Fox / Explorer to_thiefmaster
Level: 1xx / 3x
Guild: Einharjars / Corruption

:3 Mhmm, well, I was just Wiki-ing a bit, and had one of those 'Hey, let me try to help!' splurs of the moment, and tried editting in an image. It worked out, and I had one of those "SUCCESS!" grins on my face, only to go on TO and find out that Sacred Water has a new item image.

^ ^;;

"I love j0000~ . . .wait. Hello? Are you there? Helloooo?"
"...*snickers on the other end*...*hangs up*"
Why so mean? ;~;

12-05-2008   #66 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Haha. Yeah, I got confused for a second when I saw the new icons for Mucin and Sacred Water. Feel free to update the images if you have time.

EDIT: Does anyone know what the asterisks beside the elixir ranges mean? Take a look under the elixir+ column on this page if you're not sure what I'm talking about.

Last edited by Mizuiro; 12-05-2008 at 06:48 PM.

12-05-2008   #67 (permalink)
Demon Lord

Regarding Sacred Water, it doesn't have new image, I just used a temporary image of mucin to act in its place. The reason I did that is b/c I wanted to discuss something about the images but nobody was responding to my last post so I figured i'll just put a dummy image in its place until someone goes online.

I've noticed that Ntreev tend to re-use old images. Due to the latest mod I did to the shop template, we no longer have to re-upload images that are exactly the same just for 1 item.
I propose that from now on we use only 1 Key Image for several items, if the items has the exact same image in-game. From now on, instead of Pure Water, Mucin and Sacred Water using Separate images for each, They will all run off 1 image, Pure Water.

12-05-2008   #68 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Sounds good. There should be a place where people can go to find recycled images, though, like another category or something.

12-05-2008   #69 (permalink)
Demon Lord

Also, my idea also includes recycled monsters and equipments. I already tried doing this idea before but Sinaq changed them to new monsters and re-uploaded images just for them. Example: Phantom Dungeon.
I originally wrote [[Image:TO Marie Toy.gif]] then she changed the code to [[Image:TO Bully Marie.gif]] and so on. That's the reason I was waiting for the both of you to go on.

12-05-2008   #70 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Saving space is always good, no matter how little it is. I'm all for it.

12-05-2008   #71 (permalink)
Demon Lord

Creating a Category for images sounds good. but one problem. Pages have size limits too, if you posted every single image onto one page, the page will exceed it's limit. Not only that, it will take too long for the page to load too.
Well anyways, there's only one way to find out, create a page for it.
Or..
How about adding this idea into the wiki guidelines.
It should go like: Items, Equipments, NPC's and Monsters that use the same image should use images that's already uploaded onto the wiki beforehand.

I'm not in charge of the wiki guidelines though.

Also, I wonder if it's possible to create a bot that adds [[<noinclude>Categoryelete|{{PAGENAME}}</noinclude>]] of each image that doesn't have a Namespace Prefix. Meaning it will only affect pictures that look like [[Image:Name of Image.gif]] but doesn't affect [[Image:TO Name of Image.gif]].

I know something like that has been done before, since there was a user to the forums that made a bot that added the Pre-Fix TO in pages that weren't named TO earlier. It changed from [[Category:Name of Category]] to [[Category:TO Name of Category]].

12-06-2008   #72 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

adipiciu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to adipiciu
IGN: becali
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 236
Guild: Gingis Han

There are 2 priorities i think:
1. The quest by level pages need to be updated.
2. Equipments (there are many missing or outdated)

Questions:
1.The M.Shield and P.Shield must be merged. I don't know if M.Hat and P.Hat need to be merged to.

There is anyone who wants to be in charge of these things?

12-06-2008   #73 (permalink)
Demon Lord

M.Hat and P.Hat don't need to be merged since they are still the same, M.Shield and P.Shield should be Merged Since all the M.Shields are turning into P.Shields and Linked to P.Shields one way or another.

Quest by Level and Equipments are main priority's. But what are even bigger priority are Maps.
What's the point if Every single Quest by Level Quest was sorted out but the people who want to find the NPC's cannot find them since our maps are so old? As old as pre-revo.
So what I did to make it easier for the people who want to update the Quest by Level Section was place 'direct' links to the quests on the map the NPC is located on. (You will see if you look at the pages of Black Swamp)

I still stand by my opinion that there should be a guideline on image duplicates and sooner or later the wiki will need a bot to deal with the rouge pages and images without a pre-fix or name space.

Oh by the way, apparently our search engine does not include #. A member earlier wanted to Add in Monkey T: Request #3 but the search engine did not pick up the #, so they assumed that the quest did not exist and Created a new page for it.

12-06-2008   #74 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters

#'s are used for linking to headers on a wiki. Pages cannot contain # in their names. It's not the search engines, it's like that for... about everything.

Also, unused/unlinked/non-namespace pages are already documented in their own Specialpages. I don't believe the bot will really be needed for that.

Last edited by Chesters; 12-06-2008 at 11:01 AM.

12-06-2008   #75 (permalink)
Demon Lord

Alrighty then, I guess i'll have to either delete the 2 pages already created that have the # in their name space or move them to another name space.
About that special page that have the link of every item that doesn't have a pre-fix or nameless name spaces, may I have the link for them?

12-07-2008   #76 (permalink)
Sakayo
Special
Games
MabinogiVindictus

KawaiiSaka is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to KawaiiSaka Send a message via Skype™ to KawaiiSaka
IGN: Lisolette
Class: Evie
Level: 70

I added Rosalyna's Crown 80 and updated the list and location for Card Hunter Eugene.

I can help with the wiki after my exams (After this Friday) because I have a lot of free time then. Of course I'll have to learn a bit of how to create pages and what-not but I'll have plenty of time to help after this week,

Lunia: Kanairi/RuririSOSBrigade ₒ Mabinogi: Rakusu (Mari) ₒ Vindictus: Lisolette

Last edited by KawaiiSaka; 12-07-2008 at 02:51 PM.

12-08-2008   #77 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Sirnaq will become famous soon enoughSirnaq will become famous soon enough
Class: Cat to_primadonna

I'm back

Amazing how fast Black Swamp area and quests have been updated

I'm going to work on the Lv.140 in-game contents available here, won't be very long.

I agree with images, sharing names is the best option: suffice it to upload a new version of the image, and all pages related to it will be improved (Cool Spring Water, Oasis Water, Volcano Water, Flash Water = 4 at once!) Same for eqs and monsters, so I will adapt the Phantom Dungeon Monster sections with the "school" images.

Tons of gifs are now being added everywhere, especially in the quests sections. It it really necessary? Not only does it take much more time to DL the pages (and it was already heavy enough without it), but it spoils part of the quests contents as well. I know some ppl are currently working hard on it, but it must be discussed first.

Back to Black Swamp, "Monsters by Location" and "Monsters by Level" pages need to be revo'ed. Should we also delete old informations such as Exp, total of HP and all stats, since monsters now have a whole bunch of new skills, behaviour and drops?

and SP thanks to those who have updated events, pets, lv170 gears and all!

12-08-2008   #78 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirnaq
I'm back

Amazing how fast Black Swamp area and quests have been updated

I'm going to work on the Lv.140 in-game contents available here, won't be very long.

I agree with images, sharing names is the best option: suffice it to upload a new version of the image, and all pages related to it will be improved (Cool Spring Water, Oasis Water, Volcano Water, Flash Water = 4 at once!) Same for eqs and monsters, so I will adapt the Phantom Dungeon Monster sections with the "school" images.

Tons of gifs are now being added everywhere, especially in the quests sections. It it really necessary? Not only does it take much more time to DL the pages (and it was already heavy enough without it), but it spoils part of the quests contents as well. I know some ppl are currently working hard on it, but it must be discussed first.

Back to Black Swamp, "Monsters by Location" and "Monsters by Level" pages need to be revo'ed. Should we also delete old informations such as Exp, total of HP and all stats, since monsters now have a whole bunch of new skills, behaviour and drops?

and SP thanks to those who have updated events, pets, lv170 gears and all!
Welcome back!

Yeah, I was surprised when I saw the gif images being added to the quest pages. It looks nice, but I don't know if it's all that necessary, especially since there's more pressing issues to attend to. I'll leave a note on the discussion page of the person(s) updating the quest pages.

I agree that we should just delete the old info on Black Swamp and start over. I don't think there's any need to keep the old info.

12-08-2008   #79 (permalink)
Demon Lord

I also don't really think that it's necessary to add gifs in the quests page. That page already has too much content and loading it with images will make it load even longer. Adding images to regular maps is different somehow since it always had a feel that somethings were lacking from it.
I don't think you should delete the old maps since it's really handy to have a map prepared for you and all you need to do is replace the values such as depth, drillable items, monsters and occasionally adjacent maps.
While Sirnaq and Mizuiro were away I redid swamp by myself and left the rest incomplete, I didn't do dungeon though due to the insane depth. I've added a few templates onto my user page and I wouldn't mind if people used them since i've lost interest on wiki editing and on the game itself. The Item shop is just a preview on what the new shop was supposed to look like, but the designs for the replacement templates haven't been created yet. I'm sure that someone will figure it out sooner or later on how to use my templates. Be sure to read the notices on my page too.

12-10-2008   #80 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Sirnaq will become famous soon enoughSirnaq will become famous soon enough
Class: Cat to_primadonna

My recent updates:

LV.140 gears:
All regular versions of Eqs available at Carbigal are now added, along with a few Old/Strong stuff I've found. Feel free to add more ;o

For the new Eqs section to be complete, we still need Mint Exchangeable, Swamp Set (former "Expedition"), and Tenter Set. No need to hurry for all of those, let's add them to the To-do list.

P.Shields /M.Shields:
I've slightly revamped the Shield Table, here:
Trickster Online:Shield Table - MyMMOGames.net Wiki
Many shields are missing, such as Golden Shield or Mithril shield that can't be obtained from shops. So only Old/Strong versions (monster drops) exist so far. Can someone give a look at it and check if everything's ok?

Black Swamp Monsters:
Haven't touched it yet, it's my next step. It will take a little time since not only monsters lv have changed, but also their drops, skills and sometimes, map. I won't do all of this at once, just for you to know.

Quests and Gifs
I feel sad for those who spend time working on it, but general agreement is that gifs should not invade the quests page. Just have a look at to Episode 3 Quests, or Mirage Island Quests: with a few hundred gifs on each page, we gonna blow the server :/
Question: should we remove them (esp. Black Swamp) ??

New Myhax contents:
How should we proceed with limited-time MS gears, such as Snow Set, Ice penguin and all those stuff? Talking example, the MS Sword List:
Trickster Online:MyShop Swords List - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

There are 2 tables, the first for permanent contents, the second for events gears. Sadly, the second one is somehow "hidden", or at least, hard to find if you don't know by heart how the wiki is made ;p
Need suggestion plz.

Swamp Dungeon Drilling infos:
I'm currently doing the Swamp quests and it takes an incredible amount of time to complete every one of them. I feel like monster drops have been nerfed like never before, and I only find less than 5~10 useful quest items (when I'm Lucky) with a 200k galders drill... :/
So far I'm still drilling in the swamp area. When I'm done here, I'll give a hand with what can be drillled in the Dungeon. May takes several days/weeks, though.

Other:
Should we had Marx refining event to the main page?

tl;dr once again