Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
12-03-2008   #41 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

RandomCrazyBuns is on a distinguished road
IGN: Kitkin/NatsuNoHime
Class: Cat/Bunny to_champion
Level: 16X/17X

The revamped gate of vamp castle page looks great!
Unfortunately i don't know how to do any of that orz
I'll stick with updating the equips._.
Ghyphon-Lion-AC-7X
MizuFloss-Sheep-MA-6X
~Jewlia~
NatsuNoHime-Bunny-AP-17X
PyroKitsune-Fox-DA+LK-5X
Bearick-Racoon-AP+HV-14X
KuroNami-Sheep-MA-7X

MyBrute-Fight me

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-03-2008   #42 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Mizuiro will become famous soon enough
Class: Fox to_fox
Level: 14x

I fixed the formatting of the Azteca NPCs. I noticed that some pages were changing as I was working on them, so I was just curious about who is working on what right now.

Give reputation points when you can!

12-03-2008   #43 (permalink)
Demon Lord

CrimsonSlyr has disabled reputation

I've Completed Ghost Blue and Phantom School Annex. I've reformatted Rose Garden (again), and i'm now working on Oops Wharf but came across a problem with Shop Tables.
So now i'm adding extra lines to the Etc Table under Shop and Came across another fantastic idea but involves reworking the tables i've used the previous shop tables on so it won't crash and display gibberish.
I know it involves extra work but it's useful in the long run since duplicate images don't have to be uploaded.
Eg: Instead of Uploading Nasal Helm, I can just rework the shop code to work off a custom image of choice, like Caberset. Currently at the moment, its still locked at Nasal Helm.

12-03-2008   #44 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Is that issue only with the images? That would help with the duplicates, yeah. It's just hard to keep track of some of them (especially etc. items) since they sometimes randomly use one image for another item.

12-03-2008   #45 (permalink)
Demon Lord

What I mean is, Lets say in Shop I Put in Nasal Helm, it will Automatically use Nasal Helm as the Image. But here's big problem, Nasal Helm uses Caberset as the Image so The shop just shows a broken link unless someone adds a duplucate of Caberset and Renames it Nasal Helm. Now, if I can re-work the code to show Caberset then Grats!. I'm working on the code at the moment so don't freak out if you see some shops going crazy. I will fix it later.

12-03-2008   #46 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Ohh, I see. That would be awesome if you can tweak the code.

12-03-2008   #47 (permalink)
Demon Lord

Alright i'm done, now I got to re-edit all the stores that i've used that format on, So instead of Pink Potion A|200, it will now be Pink Potion A|Pink Potion A|200

12-03-2008   #48 (permalink)
killing threda since 2007

badna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: fLick3r/MrsT/Cod
Class: Bow/Saw/Cannon to_archaeologist
Level: 111/58/58
Guild: Moogles

hey guys, mind if I help out? I've done a bit of programming, but I have no idea how to go about editing a wiki. Since I don't buy too much myshop, I can help out with the ingame content, and I can give a shot at drilling tests in different fields.

I took a look at the NRI viewer stuff, I may dl it tomorrow. bed for now though.

12-03-2008   #49 (permalink)
Demon Lord

Well sure, you can help out. don't be afraid of mistakes since i make ALOT and ppls have constantly PMed me to keep editing to a minimum (LOL) . If ever you make a mistake just use the History Feature.

So badna0, are you good at reverse engineering? Since you are still new, just try messing around with a few pages 1st to get a understanding how coding (HTML) works.
When you think you got the hang of what code does what. See if you have seen anything in-game that hasn't been filled out on our wiki yet and try filling it yourself using screenshots to gather info.

Heres a handy tip. Lets say you wanted to add information on Mighty Turkey T4 but don't know how.
Just copy & paste Mighty Turkey T3 and simply change what has to be changed. Simple as that.

12-03-2008   #50 (permalink)
killing threda since 2007

badna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of lightbadna0 is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: fLick3r/MrsT/Cod
Class: Bow/Saw/Cannon to_archaeologist
Level: 111/58/58
Guild: Moogles

^^ thanks, can do crimson.

12-03-2008   #51 (permalink)
Demon Lord

No worries badna0, just call me Slayer. If you think pets and equips are too easy, you can later move onto maps or fill out pets and equips on a large scale. The reason I suggested maps later is because it involves alot of fieldwork, running around, digging and so on. Some maps are a pain in the butt too (boss maps that teleport you, maps that have insanely deep depth levels and maps that have a insanely low drop rate as well.) Have Fun! ^_^

12-04-2008   #52 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSlyr
Alright i'm done, now I got to re-edit all the stores that i've used that format on, So instead of Pink Potion A|200, it will now be Pink Potion A|Pink Potion A|200
Excellent! That will help with the unnecessary images. Do you think you would be able to tweak the item templates as well? That would take a lot of work, though, because we would have to change each item that uses the templates. =/

Quote:
Originally Posted by badna0
hey guys, mind if I help out? I've done a bit of programming, but I have no idea how to go about editing a wiki. Since I don't buy too much myshop, I can help out with the ingame content, and I can give a shot at drilling tests in different fields.
Of course we don't mind if you help out! The more, the merrier! Feel free to look at some existing wiki pages. I suggest that you make some minor changes, preview how it affects the page, then cancel. If you don't like it.

EDIT: By the way, now that Black Swamp has been revamped, we've got a big job ahead of us. We should divide and conquer it and give certain tasks to willing people so that it can get done efficiently.

Last edited by Mizuiro; 12-04-2008 at 07:09 AM.

12-04-2008   #53 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Sirnaq will become famous soon enoughSirnaq will become famous soon enough
Class: Cat to_primadonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuiro
EDIT: By the way, now that Black Swamp has been revamped, we've got a big job ahead of us. We should divide and conquer it and give certain tasks to willing people so that it can get done efficiently.
Sure, a lot of work is waiting for us now ^^

However I got to move for my work, and I won't be there until the beginning of next week. I'll give you a hand at that time, plus it must take some time to gather the informations for quests, maps and gears. Wow I'm so exited want2playrightnow T_T

PS: I've log'd in for a few minutes only, enough to see that mingo still drops his pet

12-04-2008   #54 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Not to worry. Since Black Swamp's change is permanent, we're not in a rush. I'm gonna go ahead and add some info for the Amelie pet owners quest. I only have Amelie 50 and 90, so someone else would have to fill in the info for the higher level pet quests.

EDIT: It looks like the quest is the same for all of the pets, so I'll edit that in.

Last edited by Mizuiro; 12-04-2008 at 10:41 AM.

12-04-2008   #55 (permalink)
Demon Lord

I've finished working on Oops Wharf and re-arranged all NPCs by alphabetical order. I have also reversed engineered the Azteca NPC table and made all the NPCs that i've worked with, set up like Azteca.

I'll add Black Swamp along with the NPCs but I won't add the quests along with them because I got no idea what quests are available for what level and frankly, i'm too tired for it. Adding Black Swamp in shouldn't be anymore harder than the maps i've previously re-vamped.

Item templates: I'll see what I can do later but one thing about editing templates is that after you have implemented the new one, all the items that have used the previous design chucks a spaz. That's why I had to browse through the entire wiki and re-worked any shop that used the old template ASAP before anybody notices and start flaming me.

Also, in future reference, anybody that starts flaming me that I make too many wiki edits on one map alone can just back off. Things are not perfect, like cars, things need to be fine-tuned constantly. If you think you can do a better job, then do it yourself.

Is anybody interested in doing a little field work? I'm adding Black Swamp as we speak, all I need now is just a few drillers to add in the diggable data.

Last edited by Chesters; 12-04-2008 at 06:24 PM.

12-04-2008   #56 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Maybe in a few hours. I'll be able to help then.

12-04-2008   #57 (permalink)
Demon Lord

Nobody minds if I leave some categorys Incomplete, do they? Check out Path to black swamp or swamp field 1 for the full details.

12-04-2008   #58 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

That's fine. Be sure to put [[Category:TO Incomplete|{{PAGENAME}}]] in the category list as well.

I heard that Aria exchanges new stuff now. I haven't done that quest before, so I don't know the details.

Last edited by Chesters; 12-04-2008 at 06:25 PM.

12-04-2008   #59 (permalink)
Demon Lord

I"ll check that out later. I've updated swamp fields and found more GM map screw ups, m not going to bother doing dungeon yet because I still have gate and further maze of forest to do.

Hmm, instead of [[Trickster_Online:Swamp Dungeon 1 - Marshy Trail|Swamp Dungeon 1 - Marshy Trail]]

Should we use: [[Trickster_Online:Swamp Dungeon 1 - Marshy Trail|Marshy Trail]] instead?

Edit #2: Aria Did got updated but i think the Angel Feathers are still Messed Up.

Last edited by CrimsonSlyr; 12-04-2008 at 06:50 PM.

12-04-2008   #60 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

That's fine, as long as it's not ambiguous in context.

EDIT: By the way, Slayer, check your PMs.

Last edited by Mizuiro; 12-04-2008 at 05:48 PM.