League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
12-03-2008   #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Mizuiro will become famous soon enough
Class: Fox to_fox
Level: 14x

Hmm. I would add all 20 NPCs, but have them in 2-3 columns or make a table. It seems unnecessary to have to scroll all the way down for each one. For those NPCs that have tables associated with them, they could have their own row in that format.

Give reputation points when you can!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
12-03-2008   #22 (permalink)
Demon Lord

CrimsonSlyr has disabled reputation

Um this might sound noob but, How exactly do you put gaps between NPCs? IF its not <br> then what is it?

12-03-2008   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Gaps? Like spaces between them (like the words in this sentence) or line breaks?

12-03-2008   #24 (permalink)
Demon Lord

I mean gaps like the words in my sentence. You know what? try to look at Relics Town Azteca right now too see what i mean. The NPCs are too cluttered up, I want to add spaces but don't know how to.
Eg: NPC#1 NPC#2
NPC#3 NPC#4

Not: NPC#1NPC#2
NPC#3NPC#4

12-03-2008   #25 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

I honestly don't know. Since none of the Wiki sysops seem to be online right now, I would just find an example page and copy the code from that.

12-03-2008   #26 (permalink)
Demon Lord

I can't find any sample pages and reverse engineering is my specialty. I'll just stick with what I got until someone replaces/fixes what I got or start flaming me to a point where i got to do a rollback.

12-03-2008   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

I was looking as well, and I couldn't find anything. The only trick I can think of is that since there's only 2 columns, you can align one to the left and the other to the center/right.

12-03-2008   #28 (permalink)
Demon Lord

Alignment? I don't think that's an option since each NPC's text has longer or shorter length. If you want, try messing with the NPC's at Relics Town Azteca and see if you can align them.

Edit: OK, i've restructured Relics Town Azteca, give me some feedback on your opinions and ideas.

Last edited by CrimsonSlyr; 12-03-2008 at 04:50 AM. Reason: Finished Relics Town Azteca

12-03-2008   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

I'm currently tweaking the format so that it looks nice. I'm not sure how to deal with Mint, though, since there's 3 NPCs on that row and that would throw off the formatting that I was working with. I'll figure something out.

EDIT: Ok, I'm done tweaking the format. Let me know what you think.

Last edited by Mizuiro; 12-03-2008 at 05:08 AM.

12-03-2008   #30 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Sirnaq will become famous soon enoughSirnaq will become famous soon enough
Class: Cat to_primadonna

Wow guys you never stop, so many updates on caballa relics, great!

*NPCs:
You've done so much, I won't interfere with your work, just my 2 cents:
-Could we keep NPC's name in bold, and quest link in regular? Bold text makes the font a little bigger, we could spare a little space maybe?
-Quest links: Intead of "Guide Sabrina - Sabrina's Sacred Water", we could remove the NPC reference in those links. "Sabrina's Sacred Water" is enough, since her name and picture are just above? I'm not sure about this, we're so used to see the complete name of the quest everywhere else...
-Columns: 2 columns are really good, less space wasted and everything is clean (Magician Luise and Bard la fimmel and there twice ;o
-Azteca page rosk

Maps List:
Some minor changes made yesterday, Each town now have its own Category (Paradise, Azteca, Carbigal...), and the (useless) boss categories are removed. I've added the Trials' maps in their related dungeon. Still I don't really like the separation text, like "Tuthankamen's trial:" or so. It shares the same font and color as actived links. Any idea how to improve?

Monsters:
-I'll remove outdated pieces of equipment from all Caballa / Rose Garden monsters. Won't touch the boss, though.
-Btw, are we sure all monsters of an area, always drop the same eqs? Like, at Vamp Castle: Old/Strong/Art Crest Shield, Old/Strong/Art Main-Gauche, same for guns and rods? If so, I'll find a way to make a good, readable list under "Equip Drops" line, with so many items.
-Oh and Stones, Crystals, Bolck/Critical 125... I was thinking about something like this [[Category:TO Compound|Stone/Crystal/Block/Crit_125]]
Needs suggestion, first.

Images quality:
Don't have time to upload more samples, but Nora/Ghost Lance is a very talking example. Now we have three ways of getting images:
-NRI files is the best choice, but many images don't have any black border at all. Despite their High Quality, they look kinda weird.
-In-game screenshots (with settings JPG:high quality). Black border is here but there is quite a degradation in color scheme and details. Sadly, I've spend HOURS doctoring such images, and now they're uploaded T_T
-Third choice: BMP based screenshots. Basically, the perfect solution. Not only will images keep their black border, but BMP is a "pure" format that doesn't compress/downgrade the original file. What's more, it doesn't take so long to doctor it: cropping and setting transparency background takes less than 1mn per file (compared to 3mn with crap-JPG screens). To be honest, the hardest part is to GET the item ingame, and take a screen of it. See Vamp Castle drop rate, you know what I mean

tl;dr yea but now, it's too late

And thx to those who are working on the Pets, the help is much appreciated

EDIT: Minor modification to this page (incense burner + pottery doll added):
Trickster Online:Caballa Relics Dungeon 1 - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

How should we sort these items? By alphabetical order (Relics dungeon 2/3/...) or by quest (Relics Dungeon 1, see link)?

Last edited by Sirnaq; 12-03-2008 at 07:53 AM. Reason: so many typoooos

12-03-2008   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirnaq
Wow guys you never stop, so many updates on caballa relics, great!

*NPCs:
You've done so much, I won't interfere with your work, just my 2 cents:
-Could we keep NPC's name in bold, and quest link in regular? Bold text makes the font a little bigger, we could spare a little space maybe?
-Quest links: Intead of "Guide Sabrina - Sabrina's Sacred Water", we could remove the NPC reference in those links. "Sabrina's Sacred Water" is enough, since her name and picture are just above? I'm not sure about this, we're so used to see the complete name of the quest everywhere else...
-Columns: 2 columns are really good, less space wasted and everything is clean (Magician Luise and Bard la fimmel and there twice ;o
-Azteca page rosk
Thanks! Here's my comments:

When you say the NPC names should be in bold, should I remove the link or keep it? I can go ahead and change the quest links to regular font in the meantime. I also think it's fine to remove Guide Sabrina's name from the quest link as well. There's no need to repeat it when the NPC is listed right there. It's really only useful when there's several quests listed and you're trying to keep everything in order. And, lol I didn't notice the Magician and Bard NPCs were there twice. I'll fix that.

EDIT: While I was looking at the bold text in the tables I made, the bold is only around the NPC names, but it affects all of the text. I'm not sure how to fix that problem.

Last edited by Mizuiro; 12-03-2008 at 08:38 AM.

12-03-2008   #32 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Oh, and I think ABC order would be best for the item lists.

12-03-2008   #33 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Sirnaq will become famous soon enoughSirnaq will become famous soon enough
Class: Cat to_primadonna

I prefer ABC too, so I'll modify this page (at least, there's only 1)!

Azhi 190 set just added. I miss a lot of informations, cannot do much more. Same for the All Hallow's gears, only the lv.150 set is complete...

12-03-2008   #34 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Unfortunately, I don't have any of those items. By the way, I asked a couple of things in my post where I quoted you, Sirnaq (the first sentence and the edit). Did you know the answer to either one?

I just had another thought. I noticed that the item set link only includes the sets that give bonuses if you have all of the required items. Should we include (or make a separate page for) the item sets that don't give bonuses? There's a bunch of them.

12-03-2008   #35 (permalink)
Demon Lord

Morning Gals, I just woke up so I can't really think straight. I'll remove the extra NPC reference as suggested because I also agree with Sirnaq on this issue.

Regarding equips: Not all monsters drop the same thing because ntreev screwed them up. Vamp Castle is 'supposed' to have all 'Art's and nothing else but some monsters give 'Strong' instead. In jTO it's 'Art'.

NPCs: You can't make certain text bold since it affects all of the text.

Stones/Crystals: Idk, I can't think straight and will re-read this thread later.

Edit: @ Mizuro: Can you do me a favour and structure all the NPCs the way you did with Azteca to all the other Maps i've worked with? I'm asking you this because I have no idea on how to structure NPCs the way you did. So it's better off if I asked the Creators themselves to do it.

Last edited by CrimsonSlyr; 12-03-2008 at 12:02 PM.

12-03-2008   #36 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSlyr
Edit: @ Mizuro: Can you do me a favour and structure all the NPCs the way you did with Azteca to all the other Maps i've worked with? I'm asking you this because I have no idea on how to structure NPCs the way you did. So it's better off if I asked the Creators themselves to do it.
Sure thing. I'm on it. Should I leave the NPC text bold or make it regular?

EDIT: Oh, and I forgot to ask which maps you have edited since I haven't looked, lol.

12-03-2008   #37 (permalink)
Demon Lord

Hmm, don't worry about the bold text, just concentrate on making the sizes right. I've worked on Vamp Castle (Semi Rush) Phantom School Annex Music Room, Art Room, Annex 2F & Machine Room (Rush) and i've worked on Phantom Dungeon.

Edit 1: Actually, its the entire Rose Garden, Not just Vamp that NPCs need Structuring.

Edit 2: Don't forget to include Caballa Relics =p

Last edited by CrimsonSlyr; 12-03-2008 at 01:00 PM.

12-03-2008   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

I fixed up the Gate of Vamp Castle info (link), but I wasn't sure what you wanted me to do with the Phantom School stuff since those maps had 0-1 NPCs in them.

12-03-2008   #39 (permalink)
Demon Lord

Nice Job with the Gate, it really looks cool. The Entire Rose Garden Section NPCs could really use some nice formatting skills like that (So Rose Field 1, Rose Field 2, Vamp Dungeon 1 etc).

I'm currently working on Ghost Blue and if you want to see my entire list of map updates, check out my user page. I'm not going to mess with the Pirate King Karan's Trial's though, since I got no info on them. I'm also not too sure if any equips are obtainable via drilling at the Paths to Ghost Blue as well as the Gate.

Hmm, I guess there seems to be nothing more to add to Phantom School Annex (besides Floor 1 and Science Lab), I guess all we can do is wait for a new Episodes or Key Quests to come out.

12-03-2008   #40 (permalink)
Demon Lord

I've Officially Finished Ghost Blue so Feel Free to Look around and add/modify things that need to be added/modified. I also forgot to add Star Gazer Stella at Azteca and have added her already.
If anybody wishes to merge Mint and Stella on the same NPC row at Azteca, feel free to do so.