Try 

Eudemons Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
01-11-2009   #221 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

show/hide won't keep them from loading / slowing page load, perhaps links to the images would be better?

Kitty Empire Forever

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
01-11-2009   #222 (permalink)
Demon Lord

CrimsonSlyr has disabled reputation
Thumbs down

How is the preview skill screenshot useful in any way? It doesn't tell viewer the formula, cast time or cool down. IMO, all it does is slow down the loading times. Apart from that, some skills are useless, (eg Compound Mastery) what kind of idiot would even learn that skill just to contribute to the wiki or show off their in game name, HAX stat's, level or equipment in order to obtain popularity. The only perks of screenshotting skills is to tell its range, but as skills level up their range increases as well.

Screenshot's? i'm against it.

Unless you mean the Image of Each skill, not a person casting the skill, then i'm STILL against it. The image is quite large and will affect loading times. I edited this post from For to Against after I took a look at jWIKI's formatting.

Last edited by CrimsonSlyr; 01-11-2009 at 09:15 AM.

01-11-2009   #223 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Sirnaq will become famous soon enoughSirnaq will become famous soon enough
Class: Cat to_primadonna

Ok, I removed skill preview links because of this:

1) bad names (no TO_ prefix)
2) 95% of them were red links anyway
3) c'mon, how ugly they were! look:

And that was supposed to be tidal slash but all we can see is a monster with MR and a nasty pet in the middle...

I'm not for adding these images again, because Timer/Passive skill won't ever have any images, so we'll end up with red links everywhere. Also, if you look at Soul Master skill images, you MUST feel like "omg Electric skills look so great, and Earth skills are so lame". No matter how good a skill can be stat-wise, ppl always put good-looking things first. No picture = same interest for every skills.

Also, look at how the jWiki was made: little to no images everywhere, the important thing here is content. I agree more with this approach than putting useless eye-candies everywhere, to be frank.

Back to skils, what we can add to the Skill templates would be a link to the Skill Card description. That would be more useful ;o

Edit: the new skill templare looks awsome! The color-scheme of blue suits the whole layout perfectly

Last edited by Sirnaq; 01-11-2009 at 11:01 AM.

01-11-2009   #224 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light

well said Sirnaq. If there is a significant demand for these images (the only real reason i see this being helpful is if you want to know what skill someone else was casting and you didn't ask them), then I think they should be optional links to the images, to not slow down the loading of the pages... since most people are looking at skills for the skill info, not how they look.

Kitty Empire Forever

01-11-2009   #225 (permalink)
Demon Lord

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoria
If there is a significant demand for these images (the only real reason i see this being helpful is if you want to know what skill someone else was casting and you didn't ask them)
That quote made me vote more against it, if someone wanted to know what skill someone else was casting then politely ASK THE OTHER person, nowdays people hardly talk to each other. And if they person asking is Rude then the other person doesn't have to tell the jack ... what skill he/she used.

01-11-2009   #226 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade

I don't support adding the images back onto the page, however I don't think a link to a possible image would hurt.

Example: LaTale:Sonic Dagger - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

That way they only need to load the stuff they want to know, and if they wanna see how it looks, they can do that also.

Of course, it's a little different in TO, I don't know if you'd want animated shots, still screenshots seem a bit dull.

01-12-2009   #227 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Bunny Boxes and tables created:
Trickster Online:Bunny Set - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

Now if someone wants to add the Matsuri Bags...

01-12-2009   #228 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSlyr
That quote made me vote more against it, if someone wanted to know what skill someone else was casting then politely ASK THE OTHER person, nowdays people hardly talk to each other. And if they person asking is Rude then the other person doesn't have to tell the jack ... what skill he/she used.
wow, sore spot much?

sometimes you saw a person casting and then they ran off so you didn't get a chance... othertimes the person might not answer, or maybe you are just shy, who knows...
our personal pet peeves shouldn't keep things off the wiki :x

Kitty Empire Forever

01-13-2009   #229 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Mizuiro will become famous soon enough
Class: Fox to_fox
Level: 14x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesters
I don't support adding the images back onto the page, however I don't think a link to a possible image would hurt.

Example: LaTale:Sonic Dagger - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

That way they only need to load the stuff they want to know, and if they wanna see how it looks, they can do that also.

Of course, it's a little different in TO, I don't know if you'd want animated shots, still screenshots seem a bit dull.
There's no harm in providing info on how it looks, but I agree that there should be a link to the images if they're added back. I think animated shots would be better, especially if there's a lot of damage amounts that may get in the way of the skill's image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirnaq
Bunny Boxes and tables created:
Trickster Online:Bunny Set - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

Now if someone wants to add the Matsuri Bags...
I'll help out with the Matsuri Bags. I don't plan on buying any, so I'll just grab the information from the screenshots forum.

Yay! This topic got stickied!

Give reputation points when you can!

01-13-2009   #230 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

adipiciu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to adipiciu
IGN: becali
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 236
Guild: Gingis Han

Subject: Templates

We need to standardize the templates. This means width size, so they will fit different screen sizes, and colors, so they will look better.

Subject: Equipments
CrimsonSlyr made a new Equipment Table that we want to implement. This will remove the redundant MyShop Equipment table and template.
Note: We should name the new tables like sword by type table, shield by type table, etc. This way we don't need to change all the tables to use in-game sword, in-game shield, etc. And also we should make this change so that users won't notice a thing. The change is already done in the accessories section.

Subject: Feedback
We made many changes. We need some feedbacks to see if users like them.

01-13-2009   #231 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by adipiciu
Is there a way to effectively get feedback from a lot of users?

01-14-2009   #232 (permalink)
Demon Lord

Quote:
I think posting that in the General Chat section of Trickster would generate alot of feedback, it would be great if it was stickied. Adi, if you want to continue off from where I left off, that would be great. Nowday's i'm too busy enjoying Atlantica Online.

Last edited by CrimsonSlyr; 01-14-2009 at 03:29 AM.

01-14-2009   #233 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon SagaLegend of EddaZoomumba
Awards Retired Division HeadMost Valuable DivisionEvent WinnerMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond reputeSidero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

We need to standardize the templates. This means width size, so they will fit different screen sizes, and colors, so they will look better.

Subject: Equipments
CrimsonSlyr made a new Equipment Table that we want to implement. This will remove the redundant MyShop Equipment table and template.
Note: We should name the new tables like sword by type table, shield by type table, etc. This way we don't need to change all the tables to use in-game sword, in-game shield, etc. And also we should make this change so that users won't notice a thing. The change is already done in the accessories section.
Good job Adipiciu & CrimsonSlyr! But perhaps we could keep a standard. I remember that Chesters configured tables and templates of the Skills Section (ex: Shockwave). We configured the Pets Table, the Egg Pets (ex: Aeolus VR) and Pets (ex: Aeolus) so that it was similar. I liked the Accessories Table with background transparent, but I don't like the edges showing up. How we can standardize everything?

Quote:
I am thinking how the users could feedback to us. Would we know how many and who visualizes TO Wiki? We could send messages to its accounts or create a TO Wiki Feedback Thread. I don't know if this is possible.

01-15-2009   #234 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Regarding the feedback issue, there is a Questions, Feedback & Suggestions section on the forums. However, there isn't a section for feedback for things like the wikis for each of the featured games. That's one possibility. Another (maybe temporary) possibility is, as Slayer said, that we post the thread in the General Discussion forum, but I don't think that's the correct section to create a thread like that. The feedback thread idea should stay in the Questions, Feedback, & Suggestions forum to prevent confusion. I would suggest talking to the administrators about a feedback sub-forum (unless there already is one and I overlooked it).

On another note, is someone working on the TO Exchange template? I noticed someone moved the amount for each ingredient from the quantity column to the ingredients column but didn't remove/replace the Qt variable, leaving not-so-nice looking text in its place.

01-15-2009   #235 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuiro
On another note, is someone working on the TO Exchange template? I noticed someone moved the amount for each ingredient from the quantity column to the ingredients column but didn't remove/replace the Qt variable, leaving not-so-nice looking text in its place.
I fixed the exchange template.

I made a revo'd Monster Template. How does it look? Should I implement it?

01-15-2009   #236 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
I fixed the exchange template.
Great! However, it looks a bit weird now because the Ingredients heading is centered, but the actual ingredients are not.

Quote:
I made a revo'd Monster Template. How does it look? Should I implement it?
One minor flaw I see is that the rows for the drops all show up even if they are not needed. It's not a big deal, though, so it's up to you if you want to fix it. I also noticed that a few other revamped templates have the same issue. It was carried over from the old templates and was never fixed. Otherwise, it looks great! I think you should definitely implement it.

01-15-2009   #237 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Grratz to Mizuiro and Sidero for your advancement

Monster templates looks perfect, I'm also for implementing it asap. Btw, what to do with drops like "lv.125 crystals", "star card pack no.2", "gold pearl/herb potion"? Now we know every monster of a same area can drop these items, is it necessary to mention it on each individual monster pages? If we do so, the visibility of useful contents gets lowered.

Egg Shops refreshed, the exchange template is win ;o

New 3rd Job skills are added. Mega Flash Cut is missing, I couldn't find raw info about it.

01-15-2009   #238 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Quote:
Thanks! I honestly wasn't expecting to become a VIP (or anything for that matter).

Quote:
Btw, what to do with drops like "lv.125 crystals", "star card pack no.2", "gold pearl/herb potion"? Now we know every monster of a same area can drop these items, is it necessary to mention it on each individual monster pages? If we do so, the visibility of useful contents gets lowered.
Good point. This is true for most drillable items as well. I'm not sure how to go about reducing the clutter on the monster pages. One thing we could do is make a list of the items on each Category:TO <area> page. If anyone has better ideas, feel free to share.

01-15-2009   #239 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
Gratz to both of them for becoming VIP and also gratz to Mizuiro for becoming 3rd job. You will get those new myshop clothes. It is not fair!

Quote:
Otherwise, it looks great! I think you should definitely implement it.
Quote:
Monster templates looks perfect, I'm also for implementing it asap.
Done! Now I want to remake the boss template.

Quote:
One minor flaw I see is that the rows for the drops all show up even if they are not needed. It's not a big deal, though, so it's up to you if you want to fix it. I also noticed that a few other revamped templates have the same issue. It was carried over from the old templates and was never fixed.
The rows appear because of the cellpadding, but I can hiden them.

Quote:
Btw, what to do with drops like "lv.125 crystals", "star card pack no.2", "gold pearl/herb potion"? Now we know every monster of a same area can drop these items, is it necessary to mention it on each individual monster pages? If we do so, the visibility of useful contents gets lowered.
I think we should add a link to a page like this: Stones 170 which contains all the 170 lvl stones.

Quote:
Egg Shops refreshed, the exchange template is win ;o

01-16-2009   #240 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

2 things today:

1st I've been working on the Category:TO Incomplete - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

(removing/completing some very old event items and stuff like this). If we could get rid of some 'useless' pages, the remaing "incomplete" pages would be easier to check.

That's why i'm thinking about revamping the very old eqs (custom craft shrewd chance etc), replacing their categories by:
<noinclude>
[[Category:TO Removed]]
[[Category:TO Removed Weapon]]
</noinclude>

Like that we can always keep track of the old content without loosing it completely ;o

2nd, I've used the new Amboxes designed by Medoria, to gather most (all) monsters common drops :
Category:TO Coral Beach Monster - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

I dont think more links to Compound and Equipment are required, ppl pretty know how to find these pages anyway. Let's discuss before copy/pasting it everywhere, plz