ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online Wiki (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-wiki/)
-   -   Helping Out With the TO Wiki (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-wiki/2678-helping-out-wiki.html)

anieve 07-04-2008 07:10 PM

Helping Out With the TO Wiki
 
Hey guys ^^ I just wanted to help out with restoring the TO wiki but I'm not sure what I should do. If it's ok, I can slowly start restoring the missing images by taking them from the original wiki and re-uploading them. :x I've never done this before so let me know if there's anything I should be keeping in mind before I mess the whole wiki up @.@;

Edit: Hm.. ok no replies ^^;; Then I am beginning! :D

Edit 2: ^^;; ok after re-reading the entire namespace image discussion that was stickied I'm stopping :x... I'll resume once you guys make a decision on what needs to be done.

Medoria 07-06-2008 04:40 PM

Just add "TO" to the front of any images you add for Trickster Online.
Thanks :)

anieve 07-06-2008 09:22 PM

So that means I have to change the links that use those images too right? I'm not sure how to go about doing that...

And is there a way to change the filename for the images I've already uploaded? Or should I find a way to delete them.

FloodSpectre 07-13-2008 06:05 AM

Don't worry about changing the links to the images yet, as I'm pretty sure we can get around that problem mostly with template edits. I just did edited the NPC template and it worked exactly as I'd hoped, so now we need to decide what's being done with all the old images that aren't in the TO namespace.

anieve 07-14-2008 03:42 AM

Hmm.. ok so it seems like I should be uploading anything until the templates are changed to get the links renamed ^^ I will wait! :3

About the old images... Seems like we'd have to delete them all then reupload unless there's a way to batch rename uploaded files ._. ....

Sirnaq 07-14-2008 02:12 PM

I'm willing to give a hand too, but i got a few questions (before i mess up again) xD

1/ Is it ok if we take all the pictures from the original MT wiki? No legal issue with the former foundators of the site, or anything?

2/ About pictures, round 2: How should we rename pics? TO_picture.jpg or Trickster_Online: picture.jpg, or the original Picture.jpg? What will happen then, they won't display properly until some "template hack" is found, correct?

3/ About moving pages ("stuff" page becomes "Trickster_Online:Stuff"): How to move/redirect them? Also, do we have to edit any single fking link of the wiki, with the "trickster_online:" prefix, too?

Thanks for help, a few clue would be useful for those who haven't been on the wiki since the very beginning :D

Chesters 07-14-2008 02:24 PM

1. Yes, that's fine. MT does not own those images, only Ntreev does. However, I suggest just getting a .nri file viewer for the cleanest images. (I really don't suggest getting them in-game..)

2. Name all images as "Image:TO_Name.ext" ext standing for gif, png, etc. And there isn't a need for a template hack. You just add "TO_" to the image part of the template. However that should not be done yet.

3. There's a Move tab at the top. (for some reason everyone seems to overlook this...?) And yes. All Trickster Online pages need to be moved to that.

Sirnaq 07-14-2008 03:05 PM

Thanks for your reply. Step-by-step:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesters (Post 52743)
1. Yes, that's fine. MT does not own those images, only Ntreev does. However, I suggest just getting a .nri file viewer for the cleanest images. (I really don't suggest getting them in-game..)

I still have problem to find the exact item i'm looking for, using a nri browser. Guess I need to get used to it. Also I've just noticed that ingame screenshot are of lower quality, compared to the nri...


Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesters (Post 52743)
2. Name all images as "Image:TO_Name.ext" ext standing for gif, png, etc. And there isn't a need for a template hack. You just add "TO_" to the image part of the template. However that should not be done yet.

I'm ok with this. However, what are we waiting for, exactly? I'm pretty sure the OP, myself and many ppl can't wait to upload images, to give the wiki it's previous shine :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chesters (Post 52743)
3. There's a Move tab at the top. (for some reason everyone seems to overlook this...?) And yes. All Trickster Online pages need to be moved to that.

*gasp* Found it xD
So, just to give a try, what kind of page could i move?
As for the former links everywhere in the wiki, do they have to be changed as well, including "Trickster_Online:Stuff|Stuff", or it's not necessary?

anieve 07-14-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirnaq (Post 52841)
However, what are we waiting for, exactly? I'm pretty sure the OP, myself and many ppl can't wait to upload images, to give the wiki it's previous shine :p

^^ I'm waiting for the links to be changed and the issue with old images to be resolved. Even if I knew how to change the links (which I don't ><;; ) I don't exactly want to break the wiki since I'm just a little helper XD Once they do it tho I'll start taking images from the myT wiki and uploading! I can't get that nri reader to cooperate with me =.=....

Chesters 07-14-2008 05:10 PM

Here, since you guys seem so anxious to help out, I'll change over one template for now.

If you could start uploading all the new pet images up, that'll be a great start.

(pets can be found here: Category:Pet - MyMMOGames.net Wiki )

I put links to the old images in case you are unsure as what the pets looked like, however those will be removed (and images deleted) once all images are re-uploaded in their correct namespace.

Oh, and the pets template is a bit broken at the moment, so please just ignore that for now until it is repaired. >__<;;

anieve 07-14-2008 11:59 PM

:3 Yay! -gets to work-

Edit: Mmm.. problems;;; For some odd reason the images I loaded for the Baby Lion page didn't link correctly... I didn't do anything different either ^^;;; So... I'm not sure what to do about this :x In case you guys need it, here are the links of the Baby Lion images I uploaded: gif, png. I check the page tomorrow and make sure it's not some possessed fluke with my internet. My Safari's been acting really funky these days @.@;;

Oh and I noticed that a lot of the pets pages don't have the Trickster_Online: prefix. I'm not going to move them now since I'm focusing on uploading images but just out of curiosity, if I move the pages will the links to the pages break?

Sirnaq 07-15-2008 08:20 AM

Woot! I've just finished moving the pets' pages with the "Trickster Online:"prefix. Took me worth 1Hr lol xD

However some pets have "escaped" from my great migration, I think of the guiness guy, the shok0tan-stuff, etc. Basically i've "only" managed all pets included so far in this page:
Trickster Online:Pets Chart - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

(btw, the pages look better when they have their respective pictures, nice job Anieve! :p

Also, i've noticed that the Equips pages are partially broken: they ask for the "summary tables", that have to be renamed as well. I've taken care of the swords: wooden sword table, bokken table, ..., broadsword table have moved, and now it's ok with all the swords. The canes, guns, hats and helms have yet to be done, too.

I didn't expected things to be that complicated, lol xD

Chesters 07-15-2008 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anieve (Post 53682)
:3 Yay! -gets to work-

Edit: Mmm.. problems;;; For some odd reason the images I loaded for the Baby Lion page didn't link correctly... I didn't do anything different either ^^;;; So... I'm not sure what to do about this :x In case you guys need it, here are the links of the Baby Lion images I uploaded: gif, png. I check the page tomorrow and make sure it's not some possessed fluke with my internet. My Safari's been acting really funky these days @.@;;

Oh and I noticed that a lot of the pets pages don't have the Trickster_Online: prefix. I'm not going to move them now since I'm focusing on uploading images but just out of curiosity, if I move the pages will the links to the pages break?

As long as you use the Move tab, it will leave a redirect to the new page. (so if something links to Baby Lion it will auto redirect to Trickster Online:Baby Lion)

Also, I guess the problem with some images was the template used a space instead of a line for "Image:TO Name" not "Image:TO_Name", sometimes it's really touchy I guess. ><; Regardless, the images should show up right now.

NoeJeko 07-15-2008 08:56 AM

It would be better to edit the links as well once you get the pages moved. Leave the redirects so we don't break anything coming in off the search engine - but as much as you can try and update the links to point to the correct page - not just the redirect please.

anieve 07-15-2008 10:48 AM

:3 Thanks Sirnaq! Any yay the lion images are links now ^^ Awesome.

I'll be working on the rest of the images later tonight when I get home from work ^^

Oh and one more question. Some of the pets pages have a little animation image of the pet on them. The images haven't been uploaded yet so I can easily go through and change the link from x.gif to TO_x.gif without any conflicts. But my question is do you guys want to upload it now? I tried it out for the Chocoalmond Biscuit but because the template's a little weird right now you get 2 flailing pets on the page ^^;;

Medoria 07-15-2008 12:49 PM

My main concern atm is getting them all moved over into the new namespace, we can deal with the links once they are there.
For the record when updating links in the new Trickster Online namespace please just use the magic word {{NAMESPACE}}: rather than writing Trickster Online:
this way if we ever decide to move it to another namespace or it's own wiki it should work.

Sirnaq 07-16-2008 03:29 PM

What do you mean exactly with the NAMESPACE feature? For example I want to move the page called "Ultimate Beanie".

Should I rename it Trickster Online:Ultimate Beanie or {{NAMESPACE}}Ultimate Beanie or something else ??

Or is it to edit links? Can you give an example please?

Btw, how to move/edit the pages named "Category:stuff" -> no move tab for them.

Chesters 07-16-2008 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sirnaq (Post 56240)
What do you mean exactly with the NAMESPACE feature? For example I want to move the page called "Ultimate Beanie".

Should I rename it Trickster Online:Ultimate Beanie or {{NAMESPACE}}Ultimate Beanie or something else ??

Or is it to edit links? Can you give an example please?

Btw, how to move/edit the pages named "Category:stuff" -> no move tab for them.

Rename it to Trickster Online:Page, the {{NAMESPACE}} is for links. (So the link would be [[{{NAMESPACE}}:Blood Shield|Blood Shield]], for example.)

Follow these guidelines for categories and images: http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/wiki...amespaces.html However I suggest you don't do those yet, since Categories are so huge, it gets to be a huge mess when transferring multiple ones. (Wait till the majority of the pages are moved, then we can all work to transfer them to the correctly-named category.)

anieve 07-17-2008 12:25 AM

Ok! The images are pretty much all uploaded unless I missed one @.@;;; I did have a few questions/problems again XD

There's a conflict between the item page and the pet page for Twinkle Star Not sure how to fix the link on the pet chart page. Perhaps we should rename the pet page to Twinkle_Star_Pet? item, pet

Also because some of the pets actually share the same image, it's not displaying properly on the pet chart. Is it okay to load a separate gif for each pet just to fix the chart? Or is there a workaround? From the mt wiki it looks like there's a workaround ><

Oh and that same issue I was having with the Baby Lion seems to be happening with the Baby Bunny. It displays fine on the actual pet page, but in the pet chart page it doesn't work ^^; From the tool tips I'm guessing it had something to do with spaces vs underscores like before.

Uhm... other than that... The links for the images on the pet chart page are corrected for the TO_ prefix up until the lvl 90 pets. And that's it! I hope XD ...... I'll be working on updating the pet page to have all the pets the pet chart has ^^ Let me know if you guys need me to do something else :3

Chesters 07-17-2008 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anieve (Post 57275)
Ok! The images are pretty much all uploaded unless I missed one @.@;;; I did have a few questions/problems again XD

There's a conflict between the item page and the pet page for Twinkle Star Not sure how to fix the link on the pet chart page. Perhaps we should rename the pet page to Twinkle_Star_Pet? item, pet

I'm just going to separate similarly named items by naming them by their category. For example, Twinkle Star (pet) and Twinkle Star (etc). I also left a redirect page on the main name. Trickster Online:Twinkle Star - MyMMOGames.net Wiki . Also note, you will have to change the Template's Name= to the name page also, so the images don't interfere. (so like Name=Twinkle Star (etc) )

Quote:

Originally Posted by anieve (Post 57275)
Also because some of the pets actually share the same image, it's not displaying properly on the pet chart. Is it okay to load a separate gif for each pet just to fix the chart? Or is there a workaround? From the mt wiki it looks like there's a workaround ><

Let me look into that~

Quote:

Originally Posted by anieve (Post 57275)
Oh and that same issue I was having with the Baby Lion seems to be happening with the Baby Bunny. It displays fine on the actual pet page, but in the pet chart page it doesn't work ^^; From the tool tips I'm guessing it had something to do with spaces vs underscores like before.

Ah, I checked, and the Baby Bunny page named the image as Baby Rabbit. That's why it wasn't showing.


Also, a question of my own: Does anyone mind if I remove the old Pets List? I think it's getting too big, and I think the Pets Chart does a better job of sorting them out. And if that page is removed, then we will only need to worry about updating the new pet's page and the Pets Chart page. (as more are released) Any comments? Otherwise I will go ahead and remove it.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.