Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
09-13-2008   #141 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

Quote:
Originally Posted by adipiciu
You are correct. But if that page is included in a category like this Category:TO_Rose_Garden_Monster then the {{NAMESPACE}} will be Category: not Trickster_Online:
That is the only problem with namespace, and having content on categories.

I have a problem to connect my bot to the wiki, because of the restrictions to view the code i think.
Just make an account for the bot. PM me the account details. I can't lift those restrictions - since I implemented them I've seen 0 cases of "wiki copying" - before they were copying our wiki as fast as we could edit it.

[Forum Rules][NoeJeko's Blog][Guide Guide][TO Training Guide]
k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-13-2008   #142 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

adipiciu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to adipiciu
IGN: becali
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 236
Guild: Gingis Han

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
Just make an account for the bot. PM me the account details. I can't lift those restrictions - since I implemented them I've seen 0 cases of "wiki copying" - before they were copying our wiki as fast as we could edit it.
The bot can't login since the upgrade to MOG 1.0. The login to the wiki goes through the forum login, then its a redirect to the wiki. I suppose it can be solved somehow, but i don't know how at the moment.

One sugestion: instead of the cow login label, you can put something more useful like 'Use your forum user and password to login' LOL
Login LOL screenshot

Last edited by adipiciu; 09-13-2008 at 12:23 PM.

09-20-2008   #143 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Sirnaq will become famous soon enoughSirnaq will become famous soon enough
Class: Cat to_primadonna

A few updates here, about "categorizing" the wiki a little better. Each time I've used the "Category" feature, as it is meant to be, also I added some quick-link tables to display each chart concerning in-game, myshop, gacha stuff and all. Pages here:

Category:TO Inner Wear - MyMMOGames.net Wiki
Category:TO Accessory - MyMMOGames.net Wiki
Category:TO Fashion Accessory - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

Tell me if if anything goes wrong with it.

Btw, do we have any chance of having the image-updating bot working, this weekend? It would be of a great help ;o

09-20-2008   #144 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko

Um.. LOL I never even noticed the "cow" thing. I must have done that while testing; it's been changed to something more appropriate.

Regarding the bot - the wiki login isn't used anymore - all logins go through the forum so we need a forum account for the bot. Other than that, I'm not sure what would be preventing it from logging in...

k0n: Explaining anything to ignorant people is the same as trying to teach a turtle to sing. At some point, it's just hopeless.

09-21-2008   #145 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
Um.. LOL I never even noticed the "cow" thing. I must have done that while testing; it's been changed to something more appropriate.

Regarding the bot - the wiki login isn't used anymore - all logins go through the forum so we need a forum account for the bot. Other than that, I'm not sure what would be preventing it from logging in...
I know the login goes through the forum, but the bot was designed to login to a wiki. I used the documentation from mediawiki. Now i need the documentation for vBulletin login, but its some kind of restricted. Also i don't have much time lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirnaq
Btw, do we have any chance of having the image-updating bot working, this weekend? It would be of a great help ;o
The bot will not auto upload images. I don't have time to design such a function. It will just update the images links to the correct namespace, if i will succed to conncect the bot.

09-21-2008   #146 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

adipiciu, I can get you the information you need for a vBulletin login. Code samples are limited to those with a valid software license, so that's why you're having trouble finding it.

09-26-2008   #147 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Hi guys, I've made several deep modifications. Splitting "big" pages among several ones, divided into ingame/gacha/MS/etc.

No one seems to complain about that so I've slighlty altered the myshop equipment table as well. Some pages have merged in the process (MS potions and item enhancers, fashion and hair dyes), some pages split (spec items/lolboxes) and only 1 page have disappeared (the MS sets, cause it was outdated for years).

Final result here: Trickster Online:MyShop Equipment Table - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

To me the navigation is easier and smoother now, but feel free to comment if any change has to be done :3

09-26-2008   #148 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade

Looks nice, but that page cannot be named "Lolboxes." I realize it's a pretty well-known term, but that's really not acceptable on an informational site such as a Wiki.

10-04-2008   #149 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
adipiciu, I can get you the information you need for a vBulletin login. Code samples are limited to those with a valid software license, so that's why you're having trouble finding it.
I finally made the bot to login to the wiki through the forum After 1 week and no examples anywhere on the web, I made a login using curl. I won't post the source code though, because it may be used for bad things also Now i need to test the bot, then it can run again.

To wiki mods and editors:
1. Should the bot change {{NAMESPACE}} to Trickster_Online ? (needed to fix the issue with categories like here: Category:TO_Rose_Garden_Monster )

2. The bot will make the following changes (fixes)
a. Fix images links (e.g. from [[Image: to [[Image:TO
b. Correcting names (from Category:TO Equip to Category:TO Equipment, from Template:TO Cards to Template:TO Card) Help me add other categories/templates names to fix
c. Replacing {{NAMESPACE}} with Trickster_Online (I'm asking for opinions or approval here)

3. What other changes do the bot need to fix?

I'm waiting for responses.

BTW Paul thank you for the Admin Award that made me try to work again on the bot login function I almost quit because of no vb login examples.
/omg i got the 1st Admin Award LOL

Last edited by adipiciu; 10-04-2008 at 01:52 PM.

10-04-2008   #150 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Quote:
BTW Paul thank you for the Admin Award that made me try to work again on the bot login function I almost quit because of no vb login examples.
/omg i got the 1st Admin Award LOL
You earned it - that thing saves our editors hella time! And yes, it was the first one given. I would like to see the code you're using for your curl method; could you PM it to me?

10-04-2008   #151 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Quote:
To wiki mods and editors:
1. Should the bot change {{NAMESPACE}} to Trickster_Online ? (needed to fix the issue with categories like here: Category:TO_Rose_Garden_Monster )

2. The bot will make the following changes (fixes)
a. Fix images links (e.g. from [[Image: to [[Image:TO
b. Correcting names (from Category:TO Equip to Category:TO Equipment, from Template:TO Cards to Template:TO Card) Help me add other categories/templates names to fix
c. Replacing {{NAMESPACE}} with Trickster_Online (I'm asking for opinions or approval here)

3. What other changes do the bot need to fix?
Yay, a new bot ftw

About name correction, may I suggest the weapons/equips to be fixed, regarding Fire/Water/Ect Attr. (all elements), and Elements Resist (sometimes called 'Tolerance', and sometimes beginning with the TO prefix, etc). Some examples can be found here:
Trickster Online:Accessories: In-game - MyMMOGames.net Wiki or there:
Trickster Online:Inner Wears List - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

"Replacing {{NAMESPACE}} with Trickster_Online" -> the underscore is not needed, looks like its been working well without it, so far ;o

10-05-2008   #152 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
You earned it - that thing saves our editors hella time! And yes, it was the first one given. I would like to see the code you're using for your curl method; could you PM it to me?
Yes. I will PM you the code.

Quote:
Yay, a new bot ftw

About name correction, may I suggest the weapons/equips to be fixed, regarding Fire/Water/Ect Attr. (all elements), and Elements Resist (sometimes called 'Tolerance', and sometimes beginning with the TO prefix, etc). Some examples can be found here:
Trickster Online:Accessories: In-game - MyMMOGames.net Wiki or there:
Trickster Online:Inner Wears List - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

"Replacing {{NAMESPACE}} with Trickster_Online" -> the underscore is not needed, looks like its been working well without it, so far ;o
I don't understand what to fix, lol. Give me an example for before and after

In page names a blank space is equivalent with an underscore. Both are correct.

10-05-2008   #153 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

About the underscore, it's more a matter of convenience for future editions: something like Trickster_Online is considered as a single chain of character, that will force the line to 'breakspace' (is it the word? -> move to the next line) if the said line is too long. Using a space instead, the code stays more lisible, IMHO. But final decision is up to you.

Now the compounds-renaming. Let's begin with stats that are working well, like the AP, AC,etc:
{{AP}}, {{AC}} use templates like these:
Template:AP
Template:AC

BUT
they are now redirected to those new templates:
Template:TO AP
Template:TO AC

So, the good way of coding the page should be now:
{{TO AP}}, {{TO AC}}
-> so we could definitly get rid of the old, non-prefixed templates (I guess?)

Now it's getting more tricky with the elements:
Something like: {{Dark}} should become: {{TO Dark Attr}}

Resistance now. We have many occurences for it:
{{Dark Resist}}
{{Dark Resistance}}
{{Dark Tolerance}}
all of these should become, obviously, {{TO Dark Resist}}. Same with... all elements :/

Still it won't work fine yet, cause the Resist-templates have to be created. I'm gonna have a look at it right now. I'll use the Golden Shield page to test my stuff, it has a good mix of Attr and Resist.
Trickster Online:Golden Lion Shield - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

(oh, and we also have the Critical/Normal Block proba stuff, not to be forgotten) ;o

A page you may find interesting (maybe) is the list of the unused templates, here:
Unused templates - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

Hope my (not-so-clear) explanations will help q:

10-05-2008   #154 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
Hope my (not-so-clear) explanations will help q:
1. So the bot will change from {{AP}} to {{TO AP}}, etc But what naming convention we should use for the rest? Dark Attr or Dark Attribute, Dark Resist or Dark Resistance?

2. I forgot about changing the hats and shields categories, From P. Shield To Shield and from M. Shield to Shield.

3. We need to delete the old pages and categories, but only sysops can delete them.

4. I will start the bot in the next days when i will have some free time.

10-06-2008   #155 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Quote:
1. So the bot will change from {{AP}} to {{TO AP}}, etc But what naming convention we should use for the rest? Dark Attr or Dark Attribute, Dark Resist or Dark Resistance?
If you ask me the question, i'd suggest to keep the same denomination that is used in-game. So that ppl who wants to update the wiki by adding new gears will only have to copy the in-game description word-for-word, thus limiting the risk of mistakes.

Correct me if i'm wrong, it should read like this:

*Base stats:
{{TO AP}}
{{TO AC}}...
no problem for those.

*Elemental Attr:
{{TO Darkness Attr}} instead of short-"Dark"
{{TO Light Attr}}
{{TO Air Attr}}
{{TO Electricity Attr}} instead of short-"Electric"
{{TO Fire Attr}}
{{TO Soil Attr}}
{{TO Water Attr}}

*Elemental Resist:
Honestly I don't know if "Tolerance" was just the ancient name for "Resist", or if the effects are somehow different. As for "Resistance", I've never seen any in-game gears using this word. So the word is: "Resist"

{{TO Darkness Resist}} instead of short-"Dark", same as above
{{TO Light Resist}}
{{TO Air Resist}}
{{TO Electricity Resist}} instead of short-"Electric"
{{TO Fire Resist}}
{{TO Soil Resist}}
{{TO Water Resist}}

*Others:
{{TO Critical Probability}}
{{TO Normal Block Probability}} instead of short-"Block Probability"

*sgdsfkjdfiu:
As for the Sense Breaker/ Skunk/ Mana web/ siuhgsrgiuhg Protection, gears using them have yet to be found ;O

Btw, good luck coding the bot

10-06-2008   #156 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

If you were waiting on me to review the login code, it looks great - similar to some methods we use at work - except we use SOAP and not curl. You have my green light.

11-02-2008   #157 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Mizuiro will become famous soon enough
Class: Fox to_fox
Level: 14x

Hi all,

I have noticed that the wiki lacks information in a few places, so I'm willing to help out. I think I can help the most in the Gacha information since most of my points go there. =P I know nothing about wiki codes or anything, but I'm willing to learn!

-Mizuiro

11-02-2008   #158 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuiro
Hi all,

I have noticed that the wiki lacks information in a few places, so I'm willing to help out. I think I can help the most in the Gacha information since most of my points go there. =P I know nothing about wiki codes or anything, but I'm willing to learn!

-Mizuiro
That's awesome. You can check out the templates used on existing pages. Don't worry about breaking anything; we can revert changes all the way back to the page's creation. If you need help on formatting, please feel free to contact Medoria, Chesters, or Zegridathes.

11-03-2008   #159 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

yup yup! info is the most important part, and there is no physical way you can break anything on the wiki so go ahead and add stuff
Also I personally find the best way to learn how to make a wiki page is to look at others like it and then modify it for your own means.

Kitty Empire Forever

11-03-2008   #160 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict

Mizuiro will become famous soon enough
Class: Fox to_fox
Level: 14x

It's good to know that I can't break anything. I've added some information here and there to existing pages, but I'm reluctant to venture out into pages that have nothing written in them. I guess I can go ahead and try some existing templates.

This is great, by the way. I love helping out!

EDIT: I do have information on some of the Rosalyna (SP Tapasco Town) items, but I have no idea what the ranges for the attributes are. Should I go ahead and write down what I know?

Last edited by Mizuiro; 11-03-2008 at 08:35 AM. Reason: to add a question