Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
09-03-2008   #121 (permalink)
ggFTW Supporter
Special
Awards Retired Division Head

Medoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of lightMedoria is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Medoria
Class: Sorceress to_sheep
Level: 2X
Guild: Kitty Empire

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeJuice
Thanks Adipiciu for the reply.
>.<; I ran into some other problems.
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/d...OCTEA/wiki.jpg
^ So here I was trying to edit the Category page so that it said Category: TO Use. Is where I put the TO in the picture the correct place for the namespace?

2nd question: I was looking through the Masterlist of Nameless namespaces. I can't seem to find which are the ones needed to be changed. The ones with -TO by them are already labled Tricksdter Online and then the ones that are just bolded all seem to lead to a deleted page. It was deleted by Chesters, so I assume it's supposed to be, or am I suppose to recreate it? o-o..
First off, yes, that TO link looks correct
Secondly, that list is horribly outdated so i wouldn't go by it. ^^"

Kitty Empire Forever

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
09-04-2008   #122 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

adipiciu will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to adipiciu
IGN: becali
Class: Witch to_soulmaster
Level: 236
Guild: Gingis Han

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medoria
sounds awesome adipiciu. I look forward to seeing the code.
The bot is done! How to name the bot? I want to make a special page on the wiki to report malfunctions or new ideas and also a thread on the forum.

Info about the code.
The code is made in php. The code behind does all the work (connecting, reading, editing, saving, etc) and all you need to to is adding new function like this, where $content contains tha code from the page. You will work only with the content of the page and search for particular strings to delete, rename or add new content. Example (the only function available for now):

function renameCategory($content){
$content = trim($content);

//This can be done probably using just one regular expression, but didn't had time to do it ^^
$pattern = '|(\[\[:Category(?!TO)|';
$replacement = "[[:Category:TO ${2}";
$content = preg_replace ($pattern, $replacement, $content);

$pattern1 = '|(\[\[Category(?!TO)|';
$replacement1 = "[[Category:TO ${2}";
$content = preg_replace ($pattern1, $replacement1, $content);

return $content;
}

I started the bot and i'm monitoring for the next 1h. It checks 3 pages per minute so it doesn't load the server.

Last edited by adipiciu; 09-04-2008 at 12:34 PM.

09-05-2008   #123 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

I have named the bot MOG Bot and it can do the following things:
1. Renaming categories (e.g. Category:Use to Category:TO Use)
2. Renaming templates (e.g. {{Use to {{TO Use)
3. Fixing links (adding the NAMESPACE to the links) (the hardest part)

The bot is now running for tests and will do aprox 800 edits. The total amount of pages that need to be fixed is ~10,000.

I still wait for new functions and how to implement them like correcting the template names (from {{TO Cards to {{TO Card or from Category:TO Equip to Category:TO Equipment)

I didn't implement the renaming for images from Image: to Image:TO because i don't know the status of uploaded images.

I'm waiting for responses.

PHP Code:
function maintenance($content){

$content trim($content);

$pattern '|(\[\[:Category:)(?!TO)|';

$replacement "[[:Category:TO ${2}";

$content preg_replace ($pattern$replacement$content);

$pattern1 '|(\[\[Category:)(?!TO)|';

$replacement1 "[[Category:TO ${2}";

$content preg_replace ($pattern1$replacement1$content);

$pattern2 '|(\{\{)(?!TO\s)(\w+)(?=\s)|';

$replacement2 '{{TO ${2}';

$content preg_replace ($pattern2$replacement2$content);

$pattern3 '/(\[\[)(?!:|Image|Trickster|Category|\{\{)([^|\]]*)(\]\])/';

$replacement3 '[[{{NAMESPACE}}:${2}|${2}]]';

$content preg_replace ($pattern3$replacement3$content);

$pattern4 '/(\[\[)(?!:|Image|Trickster|Category|\{\{)([^|]+)([|])([^|]+)(?=\]\])/';

$replacement4 '${1}{{NAMESPACE}}:${2}${3}${4}';

$content preg_replace ($pattern4$replacement4$content);

return 
$content;

09-06-2008   #124 (permalink)
VIP
Games
MabinogiVindictusDungeon Fighter OnlineLineage

Dread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura aboutDread has a spectacular aura about
Class: GeassGundam to_champion

So should I wait until bots clean up before editing or will it edit the stuff again if i change an edited page?Also it changed some {{Trickster Online:???}} into templates should i changed them into templates instead or keep it like before i don't know.

09-06-2008   #125 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread
So should I wait until bots clean up before editing or will it edit the stuff again if i change an edited page?
You can edit when you want. You don't need to wait for the bot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread
Also it changed some {{Trickster Online:???}} into templates should i changed them into templates instead or keep it like before i don't know.
Corrected. If you know where the bot changed the {{Trickster Online:???}} to template, change it back. They aren't many places i think.

09-08-2008   #126 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Sirnaq will become famous soon enoughSirnaq will become famous soon enough
Class: Cat to_primadonna

Your bot just roxx and saves the day, simply! Thats amazing how much work it has done in a fistfull of days.

Btw the search engine needs a little fix somehow, is it scheduled ? It's quite a useful feature, I use it often and I'm not the only one. Thx.

Now just a suggestion, if some "little helpers" are still willing to give a hand with the wiki: we need a few volunteers to update the pictures. Yea it's easy, but that's a lot of work. You can get most of them via the old wiki, or using Vix if you feel like it. "Together everyone wins" like they said ;o

09-08-2008   #127 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

The new revision of the site has a Google search across all aspects of the site. On the wiki in particular, there's still a link to the wiki search if people want to just search the wiki. If there are any tweaks I can do to the wiki search engine, please let me know.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

09-08-2008   #128 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade

The search doesn't need a 'fix', it's just slightly inconvenient at the time if you aren't aware of the search preferences. (what those boxes are at the bottom of the search, and in your preferences)

However, what Noe said ^ should remove this problem.

09-08-2008   #129 (permalink)
-
Awards Event WinnerSotW Beginner

OrangeJuice will become famous soon enoughOrangeJuice will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirnaq
Your bot just roxx and saves the day, simply! Thats amazing how much work it has done in a fistfull of days.

Btw the search engine needs a little fix somehow, is it scheduled ? It's quite a useful feature, I use it often and I'm not the only one. Thx.

Now just a suggestion, if some "little helpers" are still willing to give a hand with the wiki: we need a few volunteers to update the pictures. Yea it's easy, but that's a lot of work. You can get most of them via the old wiki, or using Vix if you feel like it. "Together everyone wins" like they said ;o
(^o^) Yeah, very nice bot, Adi! (o-o;; it sounds so confusing to me lol..).

>.<;Um for re-uloading the pictures, do we load the pictures on our photobucket first? We won't have a problem with bandwith (ex. when the image won't show due to exceeded bandwith.)?

09-08-2008   #130 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
(^o^) Yeah, very nice bot, Adi! (o-o;; it sounds so confusing to me lol..).

>.<;Um for re-uloading the pictures, do we load the pictures on our photobucket first? We won't have a problem with bandwith (ex. when the image won't show due to exceeded bandwith.)?
All images must be saved to the Wiki. (the image links are already there if the image doesn't exist)

09-08-2008   #131 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Sirnaq will become famous soon enoughSirnaq will become famous soon enough
Class: Cat to_primadonna

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoeJeko
The new revision of the site has a Google search across all aspects of the site. On the wiki in particular, there's still a link to the wiki search if people want to just search the wiki. If there are any tweaks I can do to the wiki search engine, please let me know.
About the search engine (the one that is already implemented), the problem is that we deleted a few of the "original" pages, those without the "Trickster Online:" prefix. As a result, just try to search for "Confession Letter": it will work and show you the page. Now with "Abiox". The page doesn't exist anymore. However, if you type "Trickster Online:Abiox", it's pretty long and inconvenient (and I doubt random users will think of adding the prefix in their research), still it works (and hopefully such capricious pages are a minority)...

Uploading images to the wiki is a piece of cake: the "Upload file" option is at the bottom of the left menu. Just don't forget to add the prefix before any image filename:
* Confession_Letter.gif -> Bad!!
* TO_Confession_Letter.gif -> Good

09-08-2008   #132 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

You need to check the boxes at the bottom of the search page. The search works, however, most people don't realize you need to specifiy namespaces. (you can set the defaults of your search in your preferences on the wiki)

However, again, this won't be a problem later anyway.

09-08-2008   #133 (permalink)
-

OrangeJuice will become famous soon enoughOrangeJuice will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Uploading images to the wiki is a piece of cake: the "Upload file" option is at the bottom of the left menu. Just don't forget to add the prefix before any image filename:
* Confession_Letter.gif -> Bad!!
* TO_Confession_Letter.gif -> Good
Alright, I did these for the filename. Should I add TO_ in front of the source (aka when I save an image to my comp. to upload), as well? (I did it for some, but only for the ones that didn't have an image at all).

09-08-2008   #134 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

Quote:
Alright, I did these for the filename. Should I add TO_ in front of the source (aka when I save an image to my comp. to upload), as well? (I did it for some, but only for the ones that didn't have an image at all).
The name of your image (on your computer) does not affect anything when you upload it to the Wiki. ~ (besides extension, but that's not exactly the 'name' of it anyway)

09-08-2008   #135 (permalink)
-

Oh ok. Thanks very much for quick reply =]

09-08-2008   #136 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

Quote:
About the search engine (the one that is already implemented), the problem is that we deleted a few of the "original" pages, those without the "Trickster Online:" prefix. As a result, just try to search for "Confession Letter": it will work and show you the page. Now with "Abiox". The page doesn't exist anymore. However, if you type "Trickster Online:Abiox", it's pretty long and inconvenient (and I doubt random users will think of adding the prefix in their research), still it works (and hopefully such capricious pages are a minority)...
[/COLOR]
the new Google search searches both the wiki and the forum, it's very convenient. If you were to look for Lire, you can just google (via MMOG) for Lire and you'll get lists of Lire for the forum and wiki, instead of using Grand Chase:Lire to find Lire in the wiki. I believe it takes around ~6 hours for it to get into the system.

09-09-2008   #137 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
You don't have to type thye "Trickster Online:" prefix. Just check the checkbox in which namespace you want to search. Only the Main namespace it is checked by default.
Maybe Noe can put a red label to warn the users to check the appropiate namespace they want to search (Please select the game in which you want to search by selecting the checkbox or something like that).

Quote:
Next week i will make the next version of the bot that will hopefully fix the rest of the problems:

1. The hat categories needs an update. Change the category from M.Hat to Magical Hat or only to Hat and from P.Hat to Physical Hat or to Helmet? Also there will be only one category for shields, no more p.shield and m.shield to reflect the in game changes.
2. I will change {{NAMESPACE}} to Trickster Online because there is a problem with displaying things under categories pages.
3. The bot will fix wrong categories names ( from Categoriy:Equip to Category:Equipment, from Template:Cards to Template:Card etc.)
4. Renaming images (from [[Image:Name]] to [[Image:TO Name]])
5. Insert more ideas here If you have more ideas please write a detalied message.

09-12-2008   #138 (permalink)
-

Quote:
[[Image:TO Red_String_Ball.gif]] '''[[{{NAMESPACE}}:Red Rosary|Red Rosary]]'''|70|5|408 - 936|| [[{{NAMESPACE}}:Monster101#Ugly_Corpse|Ugly Corpse]]|
Ah, I've just been changing Image: to Image:TO/uploading pics but I've noticed this a lot on the edit pages. The part that says [[{{NAMESPACE}} should I put Trickster Online inside it? o-o;

>.<; When I hover my cursor over the page [not in edit mode] on the word-links "Red Rosary" and "Ugly Corspe", it says Trickster Online:Red Rosary/Monster 101..so to me it looks right without changing "Namespace" to "Trickster Online" But I'm not sure.

._.; Sorry for so many questions and thanks in advance.

09-13-2008   #139 (permalink)
늑대와 미녀
Games
Dungeon Fighter OnlineTrickster OnlineGrand ChaseAudition
Awards Retired Forum ManagementEvent WinnerGrand Signature Champion AwardSotW Senior

Kudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond reputeKudaranai has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Kudaranai

{{NAMESPACE}} means it automatically changes their name spaces that it's currently in. Ex. If you put [[{{NAMESPACE}}:Ugly Corpse|Ugly Corpse]] in a Trickster Online page. (it would say Trickster Online: in the heading) it will link you to Trickster Online:Ugly Corpse page

09-13-2008   #140 (permalink)
VIP
Awards Admin Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudaranai
{{NAMESPACE}} means it automatically changes their name spaces that it's currently in. Ex. If you put [[{{NAMESPACE}}:Ugly Corpse|Ugly Corpse]] in a Trickster Online page. (it would say Trickster Online: in the heading) it will link you to Trickster Online:Ugly Corpse page
You are correct. But if that page is included in a category like this Category:TO_Rose_Garden_Monster then the {{NAMESPACE}} will be Category: not Trickster_Online:
That is the only problem with namespace, and having content on categories.

I have a problem to connect my bot to the wiki, because of the restrictions to view the code i think.