Loong - The Power of the Dragon
Looking for a new MMO?

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
07-21-2008   #41 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade

@ Suzaku -

It needs to remain as "Category:" as those pages have special functions, as you've already seen, for listing articles. (no other page can do that, so we have to keep the page like that)

Last edited by Chesters; 07-21-2008 at 06:24 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-22-2008   #42 (permalink)
~~~ (>^^)>

anieve is on a distinguished road
IGN: anieve
Class: lancer
Guild: FrenchBread?

I'm planning on moving pages to their proper namespace while uploading the images so I tried it out on Anniversary Ticket and came across something strange. After I moved it, if you look at the Etc page, Anniversary Ticket is now listed under the Ts but some of the other previously moved pages are listed under the expected letter. For example, AC Stone is listed under A. Why is it that the Anniversary Ticket page is sorted by it's Trickster Online: prefix while AC Stone wasn't? Did I do something wrong when I moved the page? I just wanted to make sure before I started moving pages en masse ^^;

TO ~ amaerie - 12x depressed fox :: anieve - 9x confused bunny :: aniera - 11x awesomely cute sheepie ~
LT ~ anieve - 4x spinny lancer :: akiol - 1x confused swordsman? :: aniera - 2x throwy dagger girl ~

07-22-2008   #43 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by anieve
I'm planning on moving pages to their proper namespace while uploading the images so I tried it out on Anniversary Ticket and came across something strange. After I moved it, if you look at the Etc page, Anniversary Ticket is now listed under the Ts but some of the other previously moved pages are listed under the expected letter. For example, AC Stone is listed under A. Why is it that the Anniversary Ticket page is sorted by it's Trickster Online: prefix while AC Stone wasn't? Did I do something wrong when I moved the page? I just wanted to make sure before I started moving pages en masse ^^;
It either means
  1. The page is not set to sort by its pagename. or...
  2. The category has not registered the page's sorting key. If you go to that page and refresh it, or Save the page (without changing anything) this will usually correct the problem.

07-22-2008   #44 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Chronic420 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Chronic420 Send a message via MSN to Chronic420 Send a message via Yahoo to Chronic420

Not sure if this would need to be posted here, but just a small change is needed (id do it but never messed with the wiki b4/nor know anything about the item in question) on Heart's Grace description or what ever it is, currently its in spanish (Cura o usuario e os membros do grupo) could be changed to be in english like all the other skills

07-22-2008   #45 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic420
Not sure if this would need to be posted here, but just a small change is needed (id do it but never messed with the wiki b4/nor know anything about the item in question) on Heart's Grace description or what ever it is, currently its in spanish (Cura o usuario e os membros do grupo) could be changed to be in english like all the other skills
I changed it to "Increase the health recovery rate of you and your party members." Is that correct? xD (I don't remember exactly what the skill does)

Also, if I could bring this up for some attention: http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/wiki...hout-name.html

Last edited by Chesters; 07-22-2008 at 09:39 AM.

07-22-2008   #46 (permalink)
~~~ (>^^)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesters
It either means
  1. The page is not set to sort by its pagename. or...
  2. The category has not registered the page's sorting key. If you go to that page and refresh it, or Save the page (without changing anything) this will usually correct the problem.
o: I resaved the page and that fixed it ^^ I probably shouldn't do that for every single improperly sorted page since that gets logged so I'll leave them alone XD I'll resume image loading/page moving now :3 Thanks!

TO ~ amaerie - 12x depressed fox :: anieve - 9x confused bunny :: aniera - 11x awesomely cute sheepie ~
LT ~ anieve - 4x spinny lancer :: akiol - 1x confused swordsman? :: aniera - 2x throwy dagger girl ~

07-22-2008   #47 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by anieve
o: I resaved the page and that fixed it ^^ I probably shouldn't do that for every single improperly sorted page since that gets logged so I'll leave them alone XD I'll resume image loading/page moving now :3 Thanks!
As long as you don't change anything, it won't get recorded to the History. However, usually doing one will sometimes trigger the others to work. At least for me, sometimes. x_x;

07-22-2008   #48 (permalink)
~~~ (>^^)>

Quote:
As long as you don't change anything, it won't get recorded to the History. However, usually doing one will sometimes trigger the others to work. At least for me, sometimes. x_x;
mm.. Then maybe I'll go ahead and do that. The list of As is looking suspiciously tiny now ^^;; It's only going to look funnier as I keep going.

07-23-2008   #49 (permalink)
Wings of Fire
Special
Awards Event Winner

Suzaku will become famous soon enough

Quote:
@ Suzaku -

It needs to remain as "Category:" as those pages have special functions, as you've already seen, for listing articles. (no other page can do that, so we have to keep the page like that)
Yes, I see that now @_@ I converted it back to what was intended.

I've started up on trying to convert all the "Use" items into the respective namespace and try to fix it up properly.

I'm wondering, would you like to convert all the item category's into a "TO_" category?

For example I've started up a Category:TO Items - MyMMOGames.net wiki section, independent from Category:Items - My MMOGames.net wiki

I'm not sure if this is overstepping my powers, but is this the affect we're trying to get at? Or am I totally misunderstanding what needs to be done?

On another random note, would you like the templates modified too?

As of right now, the wiki is using Template:Use - MyMMOGames.net wiki. Are you wanting these converted to be more specific like Template:TO Use - MyMMOGames.net wiki ?

Am I completely going overboard? /wrist

[EDIT] Is the mytrickster.net site officially dead now? I tried to access it for pictures, but couldn't get to it @_@ [/EDIT]

eTO Fantasia
Suzaku - 11x 1414 DP Light Dragon
Lysial - 11x 1144 LK Fox
Angellyn - 9x 1414 DP Earth & Wind Sheep

Last edited by Suzaku; 07-23-2008 at 03:01 PM.

07-23-2008   #50 (permalink)
~~~ (>^^)>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzaku
[EDIT] Is the mytrickster.net site officially dead now? I tried to access it for pictures, but couldn't get to it @_@ [/EDIT]
O.O.... omg nuuuuuu!!! I haven't even gotten past the Bs yet!
In case the wiki is completely dead... I know how to get the gif images, but how do we get the png images?

07-23-2008   #51 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

If you have a nri file extractor, you can get images for all the items. I can get you a download for it, but I can't right now. In fact, I really wish people only got images via extractors rather the ingame, but I guess that's more of my own fault for not providing it at the start.

Also, yes, Suzaku, that's how it's supposed to work out. [However, I changed it to TO Item, as compared to Items, since we're trying to keep all categories and stuff as Singular. (however the old Items category was never switched over in MT, so that's why it was like that.)

07-23-2008   #52 (permalink)
~~~ (>^^)>

Quote:
If you have a nri file extractor, you can get images for all the items. I can get you a download for it, but I can't right now. In fact, I really wish people only got images via extractors rather the ingame, but I guess that's more of my own fault for not providing it at the start.
Ohh I remember someone linked to the extractor either in this forum or in the old myt forums :x I still have that program I just didn't know you could get the png files from there too. I'll have to play around with it some more.

07-23-2008   #53 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Sirnaq will become famous soon enoughSirnaq will become famous soon enough
Class: Cat to_primadonna

mmm just a question, is the MT wiki dead for good or just temporary unavailable?

07-23-2008   #54 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

Yeah, someone killed it :s, or you could use google's cache...or

Get this tool
http://www.iscoolstuff.com/?dl=vix221.zip

Extract, run the tool, and extract the images from Trickster Online data folder.

Edit:

Anyone willing to help with the latest event, quests info? We're seriously out of date with the info.

Thanks, and we are all totally appreciates your contributions to the wiki!

Last edited by Miyuki; 07-23-2008 at 05:02 PM.

07-23-2008   #55 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miyuki
Yeah, someone killed it :s, or you could use google's cache...or

Get this tool
http://www.iscoolstuff.com/?dl=vix221.zip

Extract, run the tool, and extract the images from Trickster Online data folder.
Or, if you want to save on space (or simply don't have enough computer memory) you can use the Slideshow feature and browse through it, and then copy paste it into an image program.

07-23-2008   #56 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Thanks for the reply.

Using Vix? I see, it's a nice and clever way to say that both the old MT wiki, and this one as well, is DIE DEAD forever.

It takes already hours and days to recover data, pictures and all from the source, now we have to do the exact same work that was done before? I think nobody will have enough courage and determination to achieve this.

Too bad, the new wiki was turning good, with lots of missing tags added and corrected, I was full of hope with this wiki 2.0 ;.;

07-23-2008   #57 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

Uh, I don't understand. I don't understand how ViX changes the outlook for the Wiki. (I get images from that program, what's the big deal about that?)

Besides, we already have all the information from the MT Wiki. It's gone, we don't need it anyway. Images don't take that long to do, either. Problems are always arising, but do you think that everyone just gives up when things seem to go bad? How do you think the Wiki has come so far?

I'm sorry, I just don't tolerate such condemning and quitting attitudes. You hardly gave it a chance.

07-23-2008   #58 (permalink)
Wings of Fire
Special
Awards Event Winner

Suzaku will become famous soon enough

I'm willing to take a shot at digging through all the .nri files, it's a simple program to use, it's just an issue with the multitude of .nri files there actually are to dig through @_@

---

@ Miyuki:

I'll try to see if I can update the wiki with new quests once I get through the TO_Use items on the wiki. I think I'm getting the hang of this programming code now.

---

I'm making a running list of what I'm doing ATM on my sandbox page, umm...I'm wondering what exactly are the images for some of the stuff I've listed on there so far. They were from events that happened while I was on hiatus. A screenshot would work, I can dig through the .nri files after.

---

I'm also changing the templates from Template:Use to Template:TO_Use, if that's alright.

eTO Fantasia
Suzaku - 11x 1414 DP Light Dragon
Lysial - 11x 1144 LK Fox
Angellyn - 9x 1414 DP Earth & Wind Sheep

07-23-2008   #59 (permalink)
Hurricane Kick

Quote:
Uh, I don't understand. I don't understand how ViX changes the outlook for the Wiki. (I get images from that program, what's the big deal about that?)

Besides, we already have all the information from the MT Wiki. It's gone, we don't need it anyway. Images don't take that long to do, either. Problems are always arising, but do you think that everyone just gives up when things seem to go bad? How do you think the Wiki has come so far?

I'm sorry, I just don't tolerate such condemning and quitting attitudes. You hardly gave it a chance.
Sure, I know what you mean, just to be clear, i'm not QQ-baaawing-whatever.

I just do hope we'll make it, period. Cheer up. *Grabs some rope just in case*

07-23-2008   #60 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale

Alright, it just seemed a bit sudden, as if you were giving up completely. I hope you still plan to help out the Wiki in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzaku
I'm also changing the templates from Template:Use to Template:TO_Use, if that's alright.
Keep in mind, you can use the Move tool for Templates. (so please utilize that in the future)