Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
06-22-2008   #1 (permalink)
VIP
Games
Trickster OnlinePhantasy Star UniverseLuna OnlineBattlestar Galactica Online

Cait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Cait Send a message via AIM to Cait Send a message via MSN to Cait Send a message via Yahoo to Cait Send a message via Skype™ to Cait
IGN: Caiterz
Class: bunny to_champion
Level: 271
Guild: «Firefly» «Serenity» (Join Them! ^_^)
Xfire: Caiternoodle
Default Wiki Monster EXP update

As I said on the old forums, monsters EXP needs a complete overhaul..

Most monsters display incorrect EXP.

I know that with this new wiki, people are going to be more concerned with getting the bulk of the info up before making corrections...

but this is something you can do even if you dont know HOW to edit the wiki..

Ingame: go to My View, Basic Info, hover your mouse over your Base Level. it will tell you how much exp you have, and how much it takes to level up.

EX: (11,000/500,000)

write down this first number... Now kill the monster you want to check. He has to have full health, and you cant be in any party or have any EXP boosting items on.

Now look at your exp again

EX: (12,500/500,000)

Subtract the two, and you have how much exp that monster gives.. In this case, 1,500 exp!

Im making a list of monsters that have already been checked. If you check or correct a monster, it'd really help out if you added his name to the list here!

If you'd rather not edit the wiki itself, post your finding here and we can edit it for you!

Cait's Monster Upgrade List - MyMMOGames.net Wiki

thanks so much for helping me with this ^-^

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-22-2008   #2 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorEvent WinnerSotW Beginner

Shazbot is a jewel in the roughShazbot is a jewel in the roughShazbot is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Shazbot
IGN: Shazbot
Class: IM/LM/FM/CM/DS/Necro/Witch to_wizard
Level: 64/60/57/42/42/41/41
Guild: Itadakimasu

Ranged Damage Exp and Melee Damage Exp were different I was told.

I can't remember anything from the post since I read it a long time ago, but I think it goes like this:

-Exp is based on Damage, the more damage you deal, the more exp you gain.

-There is no "Overkill" in Trickster, so dealing 3712070 damage to a monster with 20 hp is useless.

-Ranged Damage gives more Exp than Melee Damage.

-You gain more exp from a monster that is higher level than you as opposed to a monster who is lower level than you.

Ranged Damage Exp is Damage x 2.5
Melee Damage Exp is Damage x 2.0

^ That's all i can tihnk of, but i'm not sure if it's right. I'm only saying what I THINK i remember. So to get a exp chart for a monster, you would probably just need to know the monster's HP amount.

I'm on GW2! Except I don't know my own Account name!

06-22-2008   #3 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade

http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/gene...ing-guide.html
Quote:
First, to maximize your training efficiency you must understand how you receive experience points. Base experience points follow the following formulae:

D = Damage inflicted

Monster is over your level:
Melee/Skill Formula: D * 1.2
Gun/Magic Formula: D * 1.25

Experience is reduced if you kill monsters under your level. Once you pass the level of the monster, you should always move on to a different monster. Furthermore, it is not possible to "overkill". If a monster has 5,000 HP and you use a skill that inflicts 16,000 damage (Arrow Rush, for example), you will only receive 6,250 experience points (5,000 * 1.25, not counting party modifier).
Also, if you want, you can manually check how much experience you get from a monster, then divide it by the experience modifier to see if the Wiki has the correct amount of HP listed for the monsters also.

06-22-2008   #4 (permalink)
Guild Leader

Shazbot is a jewel in the roughShazbot is a jewel in the roughShazbot is a jewel in the rough

Chesters' always so smart. >.>

06-22-2008   #5 (permalink)
VIP
Games

Cait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via ICQ to Cait Send a message via AIM to Cait Send a message via MSN to Cait Send a message via Yahoo to Cait Send a message via Skype™ to Cait

Based upon this...

I have conducted the "Green Chipmunk Experiment"

*Cue dexters lab music*

Kill a green chipmunk using various methods and see how much exp you get

Level 115 bunny: Melee - 247
Level 115 bunny: Skill - 247

Level 51 Dragon: Melee - 588
Level 51 Dragon: Skill - 660

Level 55 Cat Melee - 570
Level 55 Cat Skill - 570

Level 42 Lion Gun - 648

Level 33 Bunny Melee - 1799
Level 33 Bunny Skill - 1799

Level 30 Cat Melee - 1797
Level 30 Cat Skill - 1797

It appears its also based upon your level....

*sigh*

how the heck are we guna do this now? >__<

06-22-2008   #6 (permalink)
Guild Leader

We let HP and Damage decide the exp.

The only thing you ned to list is the monsters HP, and there you have it: the exp chart.

06-22-2008   #7 (permalink)
VIP
Games

Ok so whats the formula for a monster under your level?

and i suck at figuring these things out..

we let HP and damage decide the EXP?

how? can you give me an example?

Does this mean.. basically how much exp you gain is proprtionate to the monsters HP?? x the melee or ranged # Or no?

*confuzzled a bit*

Thanks..

06-22-2008   #8 (permalink)
Guild Leader

*example*

A monster who's higher level than you has 7000 HP.

You OHKO (one-hit k.o) with a ranged magic attack it dealing 8000 Damage.

The exp gained is 8750, because of the formula (Damage x 1.25 for Magic/Gun attacks)

This is because there is no overkill in Trickster. So rather than having the exp be 8000x1.25, it's 7000x1.25, because that's how much HP the monsters has.

So yeah.... EXP depends on the Monsters HP, and the level. There's a exp penalty for monsters that are lower level than you.

06-22-2008   #9 (permalink)
VIP

KillerTofu will become famous soon enoughKillerTofu will become famous soon enough
IGN: Ermortai
Class: Bloop lt_templar
Level: 167
Guild: Kirameki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cait
Based upon this...

I have conducted the "Green Chipmunk Experiment"

*Cue dexters lab music*

Kill a green chipmunk using various methods and see how much exp you get

[...]

It appears its also based upon your level....

*sigh*

how the heck are we guna do this now? >__<
The reason the EXP kept dropping with higher characters is because they all out-level the green chipmunk. While chars that are under a monster's level get the "Damage * (1.2 or 1.25)" formula, once you outlevel a monster, the formula changes to a different one that reduces the EXP you get.

I wish I knew the reduced EXP formula. I saw something on the jWiki, but I couldn't interpret the Engrish. >.>;

06-22-2008   #10 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade

Well, really, no one in their right mind would try training on a monster below their character's level, so we don't have to bother about that. However, I guess the best way to put monster experience is in a range by using the formula. (To get the lower range times the HP by 1.2, and to get the higher range just times it by 1.25)

So it would appear something like 600~625 exp.

The only thing really I'm worried about is the accuracy of the HP values of the monsters.

06-22-2008   #11 (permalink)
VIP
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesters
Well, really, no one in their right mind would try training on a monster below their character's level, so we don't have to bother about that. However, I guess the best way to put monster experience is in a range by using the formula. (To get the lower range times the HP by 1.2, and to get the higher range just times it by 1.25)

So it would appear something like 600~625 exp.

The only thing really I'm worried about is the accuracy of the HP values of the monsters.
Ok so the formula for monsters above your own level is the same no matter what level you are, as long as you are lower than the monster, correct??

The formula just changes based upon level only if the monster is LOWER level than you..

I think thats right.

----

So in order to get the correct EXP for the monsters, all i'd have to do is kill those monsters with a character that is a lower level than the monster?

and take...

Melee/Skill Formula: Monsters HP * 1.2
Gun/Magic Formula: Monsters HP * 1.25

to get the correct EXP?

So if i get on my level 9 coon... Kill a blue penguin (level 11) with melee (Lets just say i killed it and it had approx. 450HP)

I would * that by 1.2 and get 540.

So that would mean blue penguins (in this example) give 540exp, correct?

it seems like theres something missing... ><

But anyway, the wiki for blue peng 450HP says Experience: 918.

So that'd be wrong right?

EDIT: I go back in the wiki to this page: http://www.mytrickster.net/wiki/inde...30&oldid=49173

Blue Peng's HP used to be 765. If i x1.2 by that it DOES come up to 918!!

So thats what im supposed to do right? just find out the hp and x by 1.2???

Last edited by Cait; 06-22-2008 at 08:49 PM.

06-22-2008   #12 (permalink)
Crescent Fresh
Special
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineLuniaPangya
Awards Facebook FanTwitter Fan

NoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond reputeNoeJeko has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to NoeJeko Send a message via MSN to NoeJeko Send a message via Skype™ to NoeJeko
IGN: NoeJeko
Class: Warrior lt_warrior
Level: 23
Guild: Kirameki

That is correct. However, unless the Wiki has been updated with post-revo HP values then the numbers you get from using the Wiki values will be higher than the actual numbers you get in game.

Btw, I wrote the guide that Chesters quoted lol.
[ggFTW on Twitter][ggFTW on Facebook][NoeJeko on Twitter]

06-22-2008   #13 (permalink)
mountain ahoy!
Special
Games
ACE OnlineWorld of TanksGuild Wars 2
Awards Retired Division HeadPervert Award

Zegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud ofZegridathes has much to be proud of

Unless someone changed them over time, the Wiki would have all the HP values from jWiki and I calculated the exp based on melee multipler off those values.

06-22-2008   #14 (permalink)
VIP
Games

Ok yep.. Ill go through and check some of the HP values to make sure theyre still right...

And if i remember right some of them didnt HAVE HP on there..

Then make sure the exp is right.

Blarg, if i had only known this sooner... XD

Maybe it doesnt need to be reupdated, just the monsters with no EXP needs to simply be filled in

--

edit:

OKAY! compared to the JWIKI: http://www.tricksterwiki.info/wiki/i...st%2FLv001-020

Ive finished up editing all of paradise monsters.. most of them had the wrong HP and EXP.. So i corrected them!

It probably all needs to be redone ^^'

As I finish fixing them i will put them on that wiki page!

Last edited by Cait; 06-22-2008 at 11:11 PM.