ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online Wiki (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-wiki/)
-   -   No wiki updates??? (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-wiki/12876-no-wiki-updates.html)

zor311 10-10-2008 06:37 AM

No wiki updates???

hi
as i m a regular visitor of the trickster wiki i havnt seen much of the updates in the trickster online wiki contents abt the current patches & the event s i guess all hav jus lost there intrest in updating each & every detail!!!

guess the wiki isint the most imp part of the site other than the forums!!!

why hasnt it been updated i really cant figure it out

plz the wiki is the most best part & its still stays incomplete!!!!!

plz can any one update the wiki also !!!

weissritter 10-10-2008 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zor311 (Post 287327)
hi
as i m a regular visitor of the trickster wiki i havnt seen much of the updates in the trickster online wiki contents abt the current patches & the event s i guess all hav jus lost there intrest in updating each & every detail!!!

guess the wiki isint the most imp part of the site other than the forums!!!

why hasnt it been updated i really cant figure it out

plz the wiki is the most best part & its still stays incomplete!!!!!

plz can any one update the wiki also !!!

Well the problem is no one gets paid to work the wiki and there is too many factors preventing people from working at it...

If you would like to contribute, you can surely go to this thread and contribute
http://www.mymmogames.net/forum/tric...er-online.html

hueyple 10-10-2008 07:10 AM

well wiki editing isn't all that simple
the editors are doing as much as they can
it takes up a lot of time just to create 1 little page
so be patience lol

Miyuki 10-10-2008 07:15 AM

It's not the staff lost interest in updating the wiki, is that they have other work loads need to be take care off, and we need other members to contributes to the wiki, such as items, quest descriptions and such.

If you've ideas, suggestions or even something to put on but not sure how, please posts them here:
Trickster Online Wiki - MyMMOGames.net - Multiplayer Gaming and Media Community

And again, you can always add in the info to wiki itself, directly. Oh, if you afraid if you've screwed up the template, don't worry, there's undo function, still, you can use Preview button to preview any changes ;o.

/moved to Wiki section.

Medoria 10-10-2008 07:31 AM

Yes, every user can (and my opinion, should) update the wiki :) the more people who are updating the easier it is for everyone.

adipiciu 10-10-2008 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medoria (Post 287370)
Yes, every user can (and my opinion, should) update the wiki :) the more people who are updating the easier it is for everyone.

The wiki needs more people editing. Just log in and edit. If you don't know how it works, just copy and paste, and make some modifications. Use the preview function to see how it looks. Now only 4-5 users are updating the trickster wiki :(

The problem i think is that people are going to the wiki, but they are not logged in. So they can't see the edit button. On MT wiki any anonymous user could edit, but there was a lot of spam. My suggestion is to put a notice on the wiki Main Page, or a header on every page like Log in to edit.

My bot will finish all the major problems on Trickster_Online namespace. So there will be less confusion for new editors.

A halloween theme for the wiki sounds good :) We can make a contest about it :)

NoeJeko 10-11-2008 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adipiciu (Post 287492)
The problem i think is that people are going to the wiki, but they are not logged in. So they can't see the edit button. On MT wiki any anonymous user could edit, but there was a lot of spam. My suggestion is to put a notice on the wiki Main Page, or a header on every page like Log in to edit.

I don't believe so - access trends show people create accounts just so surf the wiki.

Medoria 10-11-2008 02:32 PM

PS- I added a bit at the top of every page saying you need to login

cyberxxl 11-07-2008 04:17 AM

i know that you need more people to be as effective then before but event update would be nice:p

Medoria 11-07-2008 08:31 AM

any active trickster is more than welcome to update the TO wiki..