ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Tech Issues

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
06-14-2010   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Shirobon is on a distinguished road
Class: Bunny to_bunny
Level: 8X
Default Freeze Upon Selecting A Character

Hey guys, recently I have gotten back into trickster online, with a friend, and both of us are encountering problems. For my friend, the installer would verify, and then nothing would happen after that. For me, I successfully installed and patched, but when I select my character, trickster does not respond.

Any way to fix this?

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
06-14-2010   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

WinMeister is on a distinguished road
IGN: [Alexis] , Winmeister
Class: Lion , fox to_thiefmaster
Level: 15x , 19x

I'm having the same problem too. I reinstalled trickster after not playing for 2 years, the game started fine but at the character selection the game freezes and i need to hit ctrl+alt+delete to close it. The window task manager indicates that trickster is not responding. I'm using my old computer that I use to play trickster with. It's almost 4-5 years old and here are the specs.

================================================== ======

Trickster System Infomation

================================================== ======

CPU : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00GHz

OS : Microsoft Windows XP Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 3 (Build 2600)

System Memory : 120740/523756 Kbytes

Hardisk Space : 7968 MBytes

Graphic Card : NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 (Microsoft Corporation)

Graphic Card Driver : nv4_disp.dll ( 6.14.10.5673)

Graphic Card Memory : 258004 / 258048 Kbytes

DirectX Version : DirectX 9.0

Display Mode : 1024 x 768 (60) 32bit

Sound Card : Realtek AC97 Audio (ALCXWDM.SYS)

Can someone tell me if my computer is good enough to play trickster again?

06-14-2010   #3 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

This was a good reason to keep Pearl.

Usually, this happened to me frequently with my old desktop (with specs. that were WAYYY under-par might I add). I kind of narrowed it down to two things:

1.) You're logging into somewhere that has so many people, it's freezing your client dead on.

2.) You have MSN, Chrome/Firefox/IE, iTunes, etc., lots of other programs running and while your computer is great, it can't take the work load of logging in.

Since neither of you (well at least the second person) seem to have sucky computers, I recommend closing EVERYTHING, except Trickster of course, logging in, and then opening some things again. Be careful not to multi-task too much.

06-14-2010   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

I think my characters are both in mega. I remember that I can dual log on this computer with no lags then suddenly after not playing for 2 years this happens.

I noticed that NTREEV keeps on adding new contents and everything(like removing pearl etc), Did that somehow raised the bar and made my specs the minimum(or unplayable)?

06-14-2010   #5 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Mega. has gone up in lag as the game has gotten older. I recall on my old computer, back in the summer of '07 I believe, I could log anywhere I wanted to. That changed a couple months later as soon I was restricted to certain Monster Guilds, and so on.

Chaos Tower seems to have caused the game to lag a little more, I don't know if they've "fixed" it though, so that may be the issue.

First try closing all other programs first, don't want to take anything to waste any of your resources. Try logging in then, if that all fails, I would ask Miyuki for some help. If she cannot help, I would try to get a real close friend, who is trustworthy to move your character, and then just start taking notes on where you can/can't log-in to.

Alternatively, you can wait until really late, around midnight PST to hope that most Easterners are in bed, reducing some lag.

06-14-2010   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia

taeo has a spectacular aura abouttaeo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to taeo
IGN: Opponent Itosken
Class: Sieg Sieg lu_sieg
Level: 24 69
Guild: Titans/Illuminati

I got this problem fixed by waiting for about the 20-30 seconds into the theme song, then selecting my character and connecting
Or repeatedly logging in, but i like ^ way better
erwitnho3hqoityhq3oiyhto3qyn53ylll(arrow)
12/20/11

Last edited by taeo; 06-14-2010 at 11:14 PM.

06-15-2010   #7 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalLeague of Legends
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerWandering EyeFacebook Fan

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to MintyVampire
IGN: MintyVampire
Class: Kitttty
Level: 237/246
Guild: Ecks.T.C/Symphony/Deity ~I Love you guys <3~

@ Taeo...wait 20~30 seconds? I might try that.

Hmm otherwise for me, (and I have a really crappy computer too)
1. Close ALL programes
2.I clean out the history, and delete all the temporary files.
3. Game booster
4. start Trickster client

For me, I always make sure I log off in GB shop since its less busy there which means easier to log on.
However, Coral beach is quite easy too and as Momiji said...Monster Guild.

Hope this helps!

06-15-2010   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

I was able to log in!!(I tried all the suggestions here) but only if I create a new character...I can't log in when i choose my lion or fox(I waited 10 minutes and still nothing) and that sucks.

I miss my char even if I could just play them for a week. I wanna check some freebies while I was away..... If I could just move them out of mega. I don't have any other computer. thats why I have no choice but to just deal with it.

Can someone ask a GM in game if its possible to move my 2 characters([Alexis] and WinMeister) out of mega. I dunno if its possible, I hope someone try.

and any other suggestions?

Last edited by WinMeister; 06-15-2010 at 03:26 AM.

06-15-2010   #9 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games

MintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond reputeMintyVampire has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm were you able to log back in your new character if you log off?
Making a new character and log on is the easiest way since where you land (the boat place) is really empty.

Instead asking a person to ask the GM for you I think its better if you ask them yourself? You could send a 1:1 since IF it is possible for them to help you move them, they might require some detail infomation or whatever.

But I would suggest you to either ask a close friend/someone you can trust to move you or try later, at like 12midnight~6am PST time or whatever when theres less people on (Like what Momijii had already mentioned)

You can also try straight after maint when mega is quite empty.

06-15-2010   #10 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

OMG! I can finally play! How can I miss that single detail "GAME BOOSTER"

I downloaded it and it turned off all my unnecessary programs running. OMG! thanks a lot for all your help guys. I'm super laggy in mega but at least I manage to remove them on that cursed place. Thanks MintyVampire! for the game booster. And Thanks to all the people who replied. I'm so happy ^_^(at least i can play even if its lagging)

I hope this would help others with similar problem and the OP.

Last edited by WinMeister; 06-15-2010 at 07:07 AM.

06-16-2010   #11 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games

xD Yay glad its working for you now.
You're VERY welcome <3
+Rep 8D?

Edit: LOL. I tried Taeo's method of waiting 20~30seconds into the theme song, and then select my character and it's working pretty good right now!!!

I've managed to log in on 1st attempt so far.
And this is pretty impressive!

06-16-2010   #12 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Addict

Inferia is your worst nightmare!Inferia is your worst nightmare!Inferia is your worst nightmare!Inferia is your worst nightmare!
IGN: Inferia / xSilverfangx
Class: witch / Cyber hunter
Level: 23X/ 200
Guild: Midnight ~Z

game booster?

06-16-2010   #13 (permalink)
You Wetawd
Special
Games

Hmmm I don't know which one Winmeister use or if there's more Game booster out there but the one I use is Game Booster If you are interested =P

Quote:
Game booster speeds up PC games in just 1 click, so that you do not have to upgrade hardware or purchase a new computer for the latest games. It is completely free. It will keep your games running smoother than ever.

06-17-2010   #14 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Regular

YES thats the same game booster that I downloaded. It makes crappy PC like mine decent again LOL

Sure minty! I'll gladly + rep you ^____^ (and also momijii and taeo for sharing some helpful tips)

and btw this forum is way better than the official forum. Nobody gives a damn about my post there.

Last edited by WinMeister; 06-17-2010 at 07:46 AM.

06-19-2010   #15 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Lunia

taeo has a spectacular aura abouttaeo has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to taeo
IGN: Opponent Itosken
Class: Sieg Sieg lu_sieg
Level: 24 69
Guild: Titans/Illuminati

We're here to help.
Ggftw is a great gaming community, ask us if you need more help.
12/20/11

12-21-2010   #16 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

needTO is on a distinguished road

@taeo please elaborate i still not understand clearly plsssssssssss

@MintyVampire what is the game booster that you used?

Last edited by zgmfx19a; 12-21-2010 at 11:36 PM.

12-21-2010   #17 (permalink)
Retired
Special
Games
SD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterTrickster OnlineLa TaleGunbound
Awards Retired Forum Moderator

zgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond reputezgmfx19a has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to zgmfx19a
IGN: Nek0 / Nek0Yasha(RIP)
Class: Zooks

@ needTO

Welcome to the forum. Please get yourself acquainted to the rules and regulations before posting.

Rules - ggFTW MMORPG and MMO Gamer Community

Quote:
Double posting. With the exception of market threads, please do not create multiple posts in succession for the same thread. Use the “Edit” button when it is available.
Quote:
Bumping/Necro posting. Replying to threads older than two weeks is generally prohibited unless the post adds value to the discussion.
Thank you for your time.