ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Tech Issues

Vindictus
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Vindictus

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
03-10-2010   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Johnnywup will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Johnnywup Send a message via MSN to Johnnywup Send a message via Skype™ to Johnnywup
IGN: WarezLocke
Class: Meister lt_gunslinger
Level: 13x
Guild: Slayer
Xfire: Johnnywup
Default Windows 7 Fix!

64 bit only as far as I know, but I uploaded the Folder WITH the things needed to be overwritten, overwritten. Also: The actual GameGuard PROGRAM helped delete the "GameGuard blahblahblah" error. So, without further ado, the Windows 7 Fix.
Trickster Online Folder
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0ByM...MDhkMmZk&hl=en

GameGuard Program
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0ByM...YTkyN2Qz&hl=en

STEPS:
1. Download the Above Files.
2. Download WinRAR if you don't already have it.
3. Extract the 2 WinRAR files you just downloaded.
4. Run the GameGuard Program.
5. End Most Processes that aren't vital, you can relaunch later. You may or may not be able to skip this step, but I haven't tested starting without closing processes.
6. Launch Splash.EXE which is in the Trickster Online Folder.
7. Press Check Files then Game Start.
8. Play.

Last edited by Johnnywup; 03-11-2010 at 08:46 PM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
03-10-2010   #2 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Jetlag is on a distinguished road
Class: Archeologist to_archaeologist
Level: 4x

Sorry to bother but I am not sure what to do with the GameGuard program. I started it up and I get an error that the configuration is incorrect. Thoughts?

03-10-2010   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Syler will become famous soon enough
Class: Gladiator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetlag
Sorry to bother but I am not sure what to do with the GameGuard program. I started it up and I get an error that the configuration is incorrect. Thoughts?
i am getting the exact same error! why cant they just update their GG? W7 is obviously getting more popular and this update will attract more players!

03-10-2010   #4 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

'The application has failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect' is what I'm getting when I try to run nspmain.
Is the file corrupted? I'm not sure what's causing the error. I searched around and all I could find was stuff about Visual C++. Hmm..

03-11-2010   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Send a message via AIM to Johnnywup Send a message via MSN to Johnnywup Send a message via Skype™ to Johnnywup

Oy, sorry, thats probably because I forgot to to upload the whole folder, just uploaded the program. Here ya go. https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0ByM...YTkyN2Qz&hl=en

03-11-2010   #6 (permalink)
4.30.13 RIP
Special Games
Trickster OnlineRunescapeRobloxPangya
Awards Event WinnerWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Jessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond reputeJessica has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jessica Send a message via Skype™ to Jessica
IGN: Settie
Level: 24
Guild: MC/Astro

Does it work with other programs running (Windows Live, Explorer, etc..) without crashing? If so I think I might try this on my fiancees computer. ;o

03-11-2010   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Haven't tested, will tomorrow. I'm going to bed for now.

03-11-2010   #8 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Amazing! I think it's working. I only got the error after I opened Windows live to see if I could play with it. Guess not, but I dont care. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

03-11-2010   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler

Syler will become famous soon enough
Class: Gladiator

Quote:
Amazing! I think it's working. I only got the error after I opened Windows live to see if I could play with it. Guess not, but I dont care. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!
congratz, can u plz post the steps you took from downloading the files to playing....thanks

03-11-2010   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Use WinRar, extract the 2 things i gave you, run the GG program, then run Splash.exe in the Trickster folder. After you're playing you can launch programs, seeing as programs only interrupt with GG launching.

03-11-2010   #11 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syler
congratz, can u plz post the steps you took from downloading the files to playing....thanks
If you're still having the 'Application failed' error, I suggest you go to ::: nProtect Global Site :::, get the free download of the GameGuard Personal 2007 and install it. (which is what I did since I kept getting the error even after downloading the full folder, you really need to install it yourself.)

Once thats done, go into the nprotect folder, find the nspmain.exe and run the program. Then just close every other application and run Trickster.

03-12-2010   #12 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
If you're still having the 'Application failed' error, I suggest you go to ::: nProtect Global Site :::, get the free download of the GameGuard Personal 2007 and install it. (which is what I did since I kept getting the error even after downloading the full folder, you really need to install it yourself.)

Once thats done, go into the nprotect folder, find the nspmain.exe and run the program. Then just close every other application and run Trickster.
Yeah that. I don't see a reason the GG i gave wouldn't work, but whatever XD

03-13-2010   #13 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Sometimes it doesn't work with Windows 7 if you haven't fully installed because of Visual C++ for some reasons. You need to go through the whole installation process otherwise it doesn't recognize it. Anyways, that's the issue I had. XD

And +rep for you.

03-13-2010   #14 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

in exchange heres some visual c++ Download details: Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)

EDIT: And you neutral rep'd wtf xD

03-13-2010   #15 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Wtf I did? How'd that happen -_-. Probably because I don't have enough posts or something.

Is Visual C++ useful or something? I just deleted mine as they were causing more trouble than anything else.

03-13-2010   #16 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Moogler

multippt is on a distinguished road
IGN: redos
Class: Wizard to_wizard
Level: 345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syler
i am getting the exact same error! why cant they just update their GG? W7 is obviously getting more popular and this update will attract more players!
Ntreev cannot upgrade GG because they've ended their subscription with INCA (the company behind GG) for Trickster online.

03-15-2010   #17 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Wtf I did? How'd that happen -_-. Probably because I don't have enough posts or something.

Is Visual C++ useful or something? I just deleted mine as they were causing more trouble than anything else.
It's good, some installers need to download if you don't already have it (if more than one installer, more than one). It's used pretty frequently in programs, really. And also, it's fun to mess around with if you know some basic cpp stuff

03-16-2010   #18 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by multippt
Ntreev cannot upgrade GG because they've ended their subscription with INCA (the company behind GG) for Trickster online.
Then at least get a new program, or annex it all together seeing as no one would even hack in Trickster.

03-17-2010   #19 (permalink)
/gg FTW! Lurker

Well back to square one for me. Ever since the last patch, the gameguard crash errors came back. I'll work on it some more, maybe I overlooked something.

03-18-2010   #20 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Quote:
Well back to square one for me. Ever since the last patch, the gameguard crash errors came back. I'll work on it some more, maybe I overlooked something.
That's because the files are overwritten from new patch, I can probably get another link...