ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online Tech Issues (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-tech-issues/)
-   -   [WIN7 FIX] GameGuard (12/11/2009) (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-tech-issues/65874-win7-fix-gameguard-12-11-2009-a.html)

NizKun 12-11-2009 02:53 AM

[WIN7 FIX] GameGuard (12/11/2009)

I have recently built a new computer with windows 7 x64 installed, however as you all know trickster's old GameGuard had really impacted a lot of windows 7 users and all these solutions on the net are not working anymore for some reason. I guess is possibly caused by the new updates.

After hours and hours of research and trying one after another and failed "million" of times. Finally I have found a solution to this GameGuard problem for windows 7 users. This not only fix the GameGuard bug that terminates your game or blue screen, it also allows us to use window explorer 8 while playing.

Lets start cracking ! =D
(Sorry this only works on 64bits)

Step 1: Download the up-to-date GameGuard file tat you need from the following link
Click here to download GameGuard File

Step 2: First you delete/rename the GameGuard folder inside your trickster directory (inside Trickster Online folder) and delete the GameGuard.des.

Step 3: Now copy and paste the GameGuard.des inside the folder you downloaded in step 1 into your trickster directory (eg. C:/Trickster Online)

Step 4: Go to your trickster's directory (eg C:/Trickster Online) and find the file called "Trickster.bin" and rename it into "Trickster.exe", just press yes when a window pops up.

Step 5: Right click "Trickster.exe" (the one that you just renamed) and press properties, then go to the "Compatibility" tab and change the setting to "Windows XP (Service Pack 3)"; and tick the last box says "Run this program as an administrator". At last press Ok.

Step 6: Run the exe you just renamed "Trickster.exe" and let the GameGuard updates, now close trickster and back to your trickster directory and copy and paste the "GameGuard.des" you downloaded in step one into the "GameGuard" folder.

Done, now just run "Trickster.exe" again (**remember the one tat you renamed). Just a side note, only run the original trickster exe when you need to update or get new patches, after you are fully updated; use the "Trickster.exe" that you renamed to play the game.

CAUTIONS:
- Make sure no other programs are running before you start the game, otherwise possible crash will happen in 5-10mins after loging in.
-Make sure you run the exe that you renamed, not the original exe.

Tested programs:
- Windows Live Messenger [Working]
- Avast Home (Lastest version) [Working]
- Window Explorer 8 (included in win7) [Working]
- Google Chrome [Working]
- Windows 7 Gadgets [Working]
... i will test more when i have time ^^

(I found out this solution by try and error, so please credit me if you are going to share it around please =] )
Thanks for reading and hope this works for you too =]
Written and tested by Niz~ :py54:

The system I tested this:

CPU : AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 550 Processor

System Memory : 1048575/1048575 Kbytes

Hardisk Space : 23473 MBytes

Graphic Card : NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

Graphic Card Driver : nvd3dum.dll ( 8.15.11.9038)

Graphic Card Memory : 1026624 / 1031744 Kbytes

DirectX Version : DirectX 9.0

Display Mode : 1280 x 1024 (75) 32bit

Sound Card : Realtek Digital Output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

mclericp 12-11-2009 03:26 AM

oo that really works? any windows 7 users pls try it( i m XP user). But ur solution does seem reliable.

NizKun 12-11-2009 03:37 AM

I just tested it on 32bits system, blue screen appeared; so either they update our trickster GameGuard or Windows 7 32bits users can't play tricskter :(
The only good news is that it really works on windows 7 64bits ^^

Syler 12-11-2009 02:12 PM

ok i did everything u said and i got in with out any errors and i thought it was working but about 5-10mins into game play i got the GG error and then it crashed..... :(

these are my TO folder and GG folder after ur fix....tell me if it looks right or if i stuffed up somewhere!!

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...ixGGfolder.png

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...k87/newfix.png

NizKun 12-11-2009 08:34 PM

I dont see any problem with your files, but I read it somewhere that the side bar that you have, it crash with GG. Try close tat and start the game. My trickster is being on for more than 10 hours now, didn't get any GG errors. So it should work. (side note, even the sticky notes crash with GG, so its prob your side bar on the top of your screen tat crashed the GG)

And make sure you used the exe that you renamed to open the game, also set Compatibility to Window XP SP3 and tick the last box so it runs as admin. Also make sure you dont run any program before you start the game, but its safe to run anything after you are logged in =]

GL it should work ^^

Arcade 12-11-2009 10:00 PM

I tried this and got the same results as Syler.
Trickster runs fine and iw as able to login.
After I was logged in for about 5 minutes I tried running windows explorer.
And after being on explorer for about 3 minutes my trickster immedialy closed.

I tried this 3 times. The very first time I got a GG error but the 2nd and 3rd times I tried running that .exe file, My trickster just closed without any GG error.

NizKun 12-11-2009 10:47 PM

What antivirus are you guys using? or any other software or programs you guys are running?
(i am using avast home free edition)

did it work if you dont use explorer? do you get kick out?

My trickster have being on since yst night, its being at least on for 20 hours and i was on explorer at the same time as well as msn messneger.

Miyuki 12-11-2009 10:55 PM

It's covered in FAQ, although multiple "solutions" exists in other threads as well.

Syler 12-12-2009 02:24 AM

i dont know what else 2 try....i can still log in but it gets an error a few minutes into game play and then crashes? any other ideas? would re-installing maybe help and doing this fox again coz i hav tried that many fixes i may have deleted somthing along the way......i might try removing windows 7 and installing xp or dual booting with xp.......what are your thoughts??

NizKun 12-12-2009 04:07 AM

well i will upload my gameguard folder with the gameguard.des, if tat works great if not go back to xp i guess =( (important note, always click the exe inside the trickster folder, dont make shortcuts or anything. Dont touch any other programs till you are logged in.)

here you are
LINK
First reinstart your trickster, then fully update it. After that delete the GG folder and the GameGuard.des file. At last copy and paste everything in my folder into your trickster online folder. Hope it works >.<

Well if you ask for my opinion, i would stick with xp if it didn't work. Dual booting isnt a good choice =/ Lets just hope ntreev update thier ancient gameguard soon >.>

Syler 12-12-2009 04:43 AM

i downloaded ur LINK and i cant open it.....heres a screenie

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...87/rarfile.png

NizKun 12-12-2009 05:30 AM

Its a zipped file you need winrar to open it, here download this free trial version
DOWNLOAD
After you have installed it, right click it then click on "Extract to Trickster Online/". There, you should have Trickster Online folder in the same folder. =]

ElasarX 01-03-2010 06:35 PM

Both the one in the FAQ and this fails for me. The step that you need to update gameguard does not work for me. It just says that gameguard is corrupted.

Dragon 01-03-2010 10:23 PM

My gameguard still crashes after a few min regardless. I think it's I have programs open in the background that I can't close =x (Security Centers even after I closed the anti-virus/firewalls)

okay 01-04-2010 05:52 AM

^
in case tht happens, the program should have been ended. try again i guess.

Dragon 01-07-2010 02:01 AM

Is this still working? I get auto GG error after patching and renaming Trickster.bin into Trickster.exe and running

EDIT: Nvm. I deleted GG folder again and put the files in. Apparently GG patched something though

Ayummi 01-09-2010 06:52 PM

Strangely... the Gameguard thing doesn't even pop up... I just had a sudden urge to play again 8D

Syler 01-09-2010 11:14 PM

@Ayummi - are you using windows 7 64bit? and yiur GG doesnt even load? can u play TO?

Ayummi 01-10-2010 09:49 AM

GG doesn't even load, and no I can't play TO XD... not on my laptop anyway =[
and yes, 64-bit.

RodimusPrime 01-19-2010 06:08 AM

Thanks! This really helped, just installed TO after a long hiatus, and I'm really glad I could get this working ASAP.