ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Tech Issues

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (29) Thread Tools Display Modes
10-21-2010   #61 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Gemsplash is on a distinguished road

The problem is still happening, but by updating and replacing the GameGuard.des with a newer, current version, I can play Trickster with no problems unless I switch windows, causing Trickster to crash and the internet to close.

My AIM closes whenever I launch Trickster, though, so there's that too.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-26-2010   #62 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Sinizter is on a distinguished road

Whenever I try to log in, i can make it to selecting a world, then it says abnormal connections an cuts me off. Windows 7 64bit. I tried the walkthrough.

10-26-2010   #63 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

Gemsplash is on a distinguished road

Try making sure all other windows are closed. Also make sure your files are updated. If they aren't, you need to update and replace the GameGuard.des file again.

...that's all the things I can think of.

10-26-2010   #64 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Sinizter is on a distinguished road

Still nothing. I use to play when my PC was XP...I'm semi annoyed because I want to return and hit 400.

10-31-2010   #65 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Vallard is on a distinguished road
IGN: Aikaya
Class: Bard. to_soulmaster
Level: 9x/7x
Guild: I'll create later. 8D

Well. I downloaded and yes, it works.

But even with no other programs open, I get the error message in the gameguard. I love trickster but had to abandon the game because of these problems with windows 7, is good to see that there are people who are trying to solve this. I hope I can play this game, which I like very much, again. = P

You know? Yeah... it hurts, but I still love you...

11-02-2010   #66 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

jamesman11 is on a distinguished road
Default 32 bit

can i sue them for not considering 32 bit users?

I use win 7 Ultimate

11-02-2010   #67 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Vallard is on a distinguished road
IGN: Aikaya
Class: Bard. to_soulmaster
Level: 9x/7x
Guild: I'll create later. 8D

Well, it's like they said before.

Trickster is an old game, projected for Windows XP, it's not their fault we players change our OS...
But, I think that a game must follow the new OS's, this is basic for a game, have support for various OS's...

All we can do, is wait a day when they will release a version compatible. =/

You know? Yeah... it hurts, but I still love you...

11-03-2010   #68 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Games
Luna OnlineGrand ChaseRagnarok OnlinePangya

nichiyobi will become famous soon enough
IGN: Nichiyobi, MoonlitFanfare
Class: Bunny, Sheep to_champion
Level: 22X/23X and 17X/17X
Guild: Dawn

That could take a while though but hopefully we'll get a version compatible soon. It's pretty inconvinient switching between 7 and XP.

11-06-2010   #69 (permalink)
If I don't look down.
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsDofus
Awards Event WinnerFacebook Fan

Verse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Linverse
Class: A nab. to_sheep
Level: Check it in-game.
Guild: *~M.C~*

Well, for all people here, We can now play TO :3

I r Bulletproof~

11-12-2010   #70 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

IRJustman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linverse
Well, for all people here, We can now play TO :3
If you're talking about 2.54.1, that appears to be the case. I have confirmed it working under Windows 7 on three different computers, a laptop running Win7Ult64, a netbook running Win7Pro32, and my desktop which runs Win7Ent64 (though I had to VPN in and use UltraVNC to get at it since my desktop's in Fresno and I'm presently in Sacramento). Additionally, you have to make sure you run as many updates as necessary to get it to 2.54.1. Then it will fire up and run properly.

Hope this helps.

--IJ.

11-12-2010   #71 (permalink)
If I don't look down.
Games

Verse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond reputeVerse has a reputation beyond repute

The only problem now is that, People get the Server Maintenance problem x.x

I r Bulletproof~

11-12-2010   #72 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linverse
The only problem now is that, People get the Server Maintenance problem x.x
Really? I never saw that once in all my testing that I've performed. And thus far, when I ran it in a more "production mode", it ran just fine, no hiccups, nothing. Shortly after I got notification of your message, I fired up the client and no problems whatsoever.

--IJ

11-12-2010   #73 (permalink)
If I don't look down.
Games

Well, Some people get it, But not all. It is random x.x

I r Bulletproof~

11-18-2010   #74 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Confirmed in the 2.54.1 release notes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.54.1's release notes

Game Adjustments

1] Gameguard has been removed.

03-11-2011   #75 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

DjAdalaire will become famous soon enough

Alright, I've read, and then re-read the instructions on this and I try doing them over and over and over again. But I realized something just a little while ago.

My Trickster folder DOES NOT have a GameGuard folder at all! All that came with it was GameGuard.des Is this good/bad?

I've got Windows 7 (64bit) and this fix hasn't helped. Also, the patcher keeps displaying "Navigation to the webpage was canceled", I'm not sure if that anything or not, I really want to play trickster. I've been a part of it damn near the time it came out. So please, help me~

03-11-2011   #76 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

This fix isn't needed anymore, simply because SGI removed GameGuard completely from the game.

Everybody gets that error, nothing to worry about. Just start the game as normal.

03-11-2011   #77 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

DjAdalaire will become famous soon enough
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusive
This fix isn't needed anymore, simply because SGI removed GameGuard completely from the game.

Everybody gets that error, nothing to worry about. Just start the game as normal.
That doesn't make sense. If they completely, 100% removed GameGuard then why does GameGuard.des come with the installation file? You also have to forgive me if I'm sounding rude or anything, I haven't slept in three days due to covering douchebags' shifts at work.

If there are any other fixes that you know of please tell me ^^

03-11-2011   #78 (permalink)
Jon
♥ 09/07/13 to INFINITY. ♥
Games
Trickster OnlineElswordWonderKing OnlineEden Eternal
Awards Admin AwardEvent WinnerEvents RegularGuide WriterWiki Task ForceWandering EyeArtifact HoarderPervert Award

Jon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond reputeJon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjAdalaire
That doesn't make sense. If they completely, 100% removed GameGuard then why does GameGuard.des come with the installation file? You also have to forgive me if I'm sounding rude or anything, I haven't slept in three days due to covering douchebags' shifts at work.

If there are any other fixes that you know of please tell me ^^
Probably didn't take the time to update the installer or sever patch directory, trust me this fix is not needed at all. SGI is probably too busy with other things to fix the main startup page as well.

I also have windows 7 64-bit and it runs just fine.

Last edited by Jon; 03-11-2011 at 06:38 PM.

03-13-2011   #79 (permalink)
~Karan Worshipper~
Games
Tales of Pirates 2Tales of PiratesTrickster OnlineRusty Hearts
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent WinnerWandering Eye

WingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond reputeWingedSylphe has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: SealFighter/Ayme
Class: Diva/Natasha to_primadonna
Level: 319/50
Guild: <<Firefly>>/Resurrection
Xfire: sylpheondine

Gameguard's file is indeed in the installation patch.
But during the installation, it's kinda overthrown. Like the patching you're doing after, to update to the current version of the game, maintains it shut off from the game o.O
(I'm as well on W7 64bits, so I know what I say :P)

03-13-2011   #80 (permalink)
If I don't look down.
Games

Did you try to uninstall it? and install again. They really removed GameGuard. 100% removed. Try updating your TO, or simply delete that GameGuard.des

I r Bulletproof~