ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online Tech Issues (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-tech-issues/)
-   -   Trickster Online Technical FAQ (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-tech-issues/64200-trickster-online-technical-faq.html)

Miyuki 11-22-2009 02:14 AM

Trickster Online Technical FAQ

~~~Trickster Online Technical FAQ ver 1.0~~~

This FAQ is mainly for members who have technical problem when tries to run the game or having problem when running the game or so.
If you have other technical difficulties such as virus problems, hardware, software problems then please use this section:
- Technical Issues - /gg FTW!

New to computers? Try read this safety guide:
- Miyuki's Safety and Useful Guides and Tips for Newbies!

[System Requirements]
Quote:

First stage, are you able to play Trickster Online? Check the system requirement before you try to play Trickster Online!

Minimum requirements
CPU - Pentium 3 800Mhz
RAM - Higher than 256MB
Graphic Card - Geforce 2 and above [or equivalent]
Connection - 56k or better
HDD Space - 2GB

Recommended requirements
CPU - Pentium 4 2.4GHz or better
RAM - 512MB or higher
Graphics Card - GeForceFX 5200 or better
Connection - Broadband Internet Connection
HDD Space - 2GB or higher

Note: Minimum requirements only stated on "able" to run Trickster Online, but can't guarantee smooth gameplay or so.

Never relies on minimum requirements if you want to try any games, it's just stated if it can run the game, but that doesn't mean it will run the game smoothly.

[Update your drivers!]
Quote:

Update your drivers! Makesure you've latest drivers, especially for your graphics card and also get the latest directx software.
Here are the links for your graphic cards drivers and also Direct download links for your convenient.
- Graphics Card Drivers Download and DirectX Download

Here are the links for your soundcard/chipset drivers links for your convenient.
- Soundcard/chipset drivers

[Check your directx version and computer info!]
Quote:

How do I check my DirectX version, what's my computer processor, memory and graphics card? Also on how to get the dxdiag log file.
- How to check?

Everything is up? Download the game now!
Quote:

Trickster Online Client - Game Client

[Problems?]
[Changelog]
Quote:

- Revamped FAQ to make it easier to read.
- Split between Technical and Gameplay issues into different sections.

- Added video guide/guided text for possible fix on "Can't Get Filelist" error.
- Fixed steps on "Server and version are not matching. (-1010)" error.

- Added mirrors link for Windows 7 GameGuard fix.
- Updated some of the links.

[Notes]
Quote:

- If you got suggestions and also tips that you want me to add into the FAQ, feel free to PM or posts yours here.
- I'm a not paid for these, I've work and stuff to do, so don't get angry or annoyed if your thread is not replied or late replied, other members might also can help you on that too.
- Helps from other members are greatly appreaciated.
- Please remember to read these FAQs before you creates any threads, thanks!
- Please take note, that this FAQ are Miyuki's work, and please credits me if you quote/link copy this FAQ to other site, thanks!

[Credits]
Quote:

- Anyone who read my FAQ, link to my FAQ, thank you :D.
- All /ggFTW members that contributes to the community.

Miyuki 11-22-2009 02:15 AM

Checking your computer info and graphics details.
Spoiler!

Checking for DxDiag.
Spoiler!

Please click on the button which applies to your graphics card type to download the latest drivers for your graphics card.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...-button-01.gif http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...-button-01.gif http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...-button-01.gif

Get the latest Directx here -
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/i...-button-01.gif

Please click on the button which applies to your sound card/chipset type to download the latest drivers for your sound card.

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/7...eklogosvgp.png

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9...ativeblack.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4...odrupal005.gif

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2...72rgbwhite.gif

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/9945/vialogo.gif

Technical Issues

1. Can't connect to update server?
Quote:

- Have you checked your with your firewall yet? Please TEMPORARY disables them and try again.
- Do the same to antivirus, antispyware and try again.
- Do you have ipfilter software enabled? Such as PeerGuardian? Disable them and try again.
- Steps above not working? Are you in proxy network, or at college [or even office]? Did your network admins blocks the ports?
- Suspects firewall blocked? Not sure which port to be opened?
- Trickste Online currently using ports:- 1915, 1917, 1939, 1944, 1945, 1946 to connect. Why so many ports? Because of launcher, GameGuard and server connectivity [I'll update the port lists if I missed the other ports]
- Everything not working? Suspecting malware attacks? Then create a thread in the Technical Support here
Technical Issues - /gg FTW!
2. Can't login to server? [Cant Connect to Server. please try again later.]
Quote:

- Please try step 1
- Try restart your computer and also your modem and then try connect again.
3. Using Windows Vista? Trickster Online can't start? Clicked GameStart button...nothing comes out?
Quote:

- Disables your Antivirus.
- Why? Basically, GameGuard hates Vista, with Antivirus included.
4. Launches Trickster Online caused BSOD?
Quote:

- Please disables any firewall and antivirus and try again.
- Got Comodo Internet Security installed? Please try disable Defense+ feature.
- Why? Blame old GameGuard that Trickster Online still using.
- Also, GameGuard [TO's version] is NOT supported under Windows Vista/7.
5. Version not match [server and version are not matching.-(1010)].
Quote:

- Just recently installed? Click on FILE CHECK button on the launcher to ensure you've all the necessary patches installed.
- Server just have a maintenance today, and new version comes out, yet you still have the old version, and FILE CHECK not working? Then, blame @ your ISP, you'll need wait for your ISP caches to expires, or use proxy to connect.
- Have you cleared your Internet Cache? Do it via Internet Options-> Delete Internet Temporary Cache Files.
- Alternatively, please try this
Spoiler!

6. Unable to utilizes Dirextx.
Quote:

- Are you sure you've installed your graphic card drivers properly yet?
7. Trickster Online freezes after character loading!
Quote:

- How much RAM do you have? It's recommended to have more than 256MB of memory to ensure you've smooth gameplay.
- Sure, the minimum requirements says 256MB, but that's only barely can run.
- Please close down unnecessary background programs and try again.
8. Update Process Failed!
Quote:

- Makesure you've enough empty space on drive where you've installed TO to.
- Try temporary disables any antivirus and firewall and try again.
- If it's still fails, try to restart your computer and run the patcher again.
9. GameGuard won't run or crashes in Windows 7!
Quote:

- This is an issue about GameGuard compatibility
- This fix mostly for Windows 7 64 bit version
- Download this fix
- Please delete your GameGuard folder first.
- Extract using WinRar into your Trickster Online folder.
- Replaces any files if asked.

It's not guaranteed it will work, also there's some issues
- Please close FireFox browser, as GameGuard will causes it crashes, and GameGuard itself will crashes afterward, might applies to other browsers as well.

NOTE: It's been reported that it will NOT WORK for those who're using Windows 7 32-bit.

---
:Update:

For possible Windows 7 32 bit fix, please download this file instead
GameGuard_win7_32.zip - Uploadjockey.com
GameGuard_win7_32.zip

And as the same procedures as above, extract and replace your GameGuard.des inside your Trickster Online folder.

Repeat this procedure each time you want to start Trickster Online.

Or you could try VirtualBox, like here
- /forum/computers-tec...x-your-pc.html

Or other solutions, like here
- /forum/trickster-onl...11-2009-a.html
10. "Can't Get Filelist" error when updating the game!
Quote:

- Possible fix, by changing your DNS to use OpenDNS [What is OpenDNS: OpenDNS > Solutions > Overview]

Windows XP
Spoiler!

Windows Vista/7
Spoiler!

Gameplay Issues.

1. Exceptional Error?
Quote:

- Have you try the above steps? [Involving disabling Antivirus and Firewall]
- Exceptional Error can be caused by multiple reasons, malware activities, software conflicts. It's recommended to close down background activity, left security tools and try again.
- You could try add the game in exception list in DEP, as here
- /forum/1064019-post7.html
- Everything not working? Suspecting malware attacks? Then create a thread in the Technical Support here
Technical Issues - /gg FTW!
2. Using Windows Vista? No sound???? No music???
Quote:

- First of all, blame GameGuard.
- Second, blame NTREEV for not updating their GameGuard module [latest module addresses the incompatibility with Vista issues]
- Try these steps
- Random Entry - 01/05/2008 - Trickster Online No Sound in Windows Vista???!!! Miyuki’s Random
3. Disconnected due to abnormal connection.
Quote:

- Pleases close down any download managers, torrents and try again.
- Please temporary disables your firewall and try again.
- Sharing internets? Please makesure the others are not using any download managers, or torrents.
- Try reconnect to the internet and try again, sometime its ISP's fault [ie:- ISP maintenance or network breakdown].
4. Chatbar, quick slot or other shortcuts in game are not visible.
Quote:

- Please changes your Trickster Online resolution. Launcher->Option->Resolution.
- Alternatively, please use FullScreen mode.
5. Chatbar is GONE?
Quote:

- Press ENTER.
6. Mutli-client causes Abnormal Connection error!
Quote:

- Try set Trickster Online to Win 98/ME compatibility mode.
7. Invalid Data ERR-0021
Quote:

- Sadly, this mostly involves the data stored in the server, nothing much can be helped here.
- The only way is to contact ntreev via 1:1 support ticket.
7. Unable to add/remove members in party.
Quote:

- This might be caused by unstable connection to the Trickster Online servers, please check if there's any software that used up your bandwidth in the background.
- You might want to try re-login [log out, and login]...else, restart your Trickster Online client.

[Adding TO in DEP procedures-Windows XP]

Miyuki 11-22-2009 04:51 AM

-Reserved post-

Miyuki 11-22-2009 04:51 AM

-Reserved post #-

Miyuki 11-22-2009 04:57 AM

Reserved post

Miyuki 11-22-2009 04:58 AM

Re-edit and changed the FAQ lists, views and included other info as well. If you guys have other suggestions or problems, please don't mind to post them up here.

sammie 11-22-2009 06:25 AM

wow
O_O
great job miyu<3
thankies :3
:py63::py63::py63:

Jessica 11-23-2009 09:02 PM

Yay =D you added the 0021. I just got my kitty fixed that had that error, and GM Phoenix fixed it today. The email said it was because I had too many items, and that 15 items got sent into my myshop inventory.

Phoenix is my favorite GM now. <3

Zeul 11-24-2009 06:16 PM

Occasionally GameGuard will fail to launch. You'll get an error message like "GameGuard initialization error. Please send all *.des files to _____." Trickster appears to start normally, but then you get "Disconnected Due to Abnormal Connection!" as soon as you try logging in. Well, first, you'll have to close that instance of TO with Task Manager. For the unskilled:

Ctrl + Alt + Delete to open
Click "Trickster - "
|End Process| and then click |End Now|

Then re-open TO. Should run normally this time; never seems to occur more than once in a row.

Very well-made. And, since Mirae hasn't been here yet...

You eleven-poster, you!

Miyuki 11-24-2009 06:22 PM

Regarding GameGuard, if previously you launched TO fine...and when you wanted to start TO again [after you closed down, and restart TO], and you got that error, probably the best way you do is to restart the computer, so GameGuard won't stay in memory [that's why sometime it says "restart computer", "failed to initializes"..etc]. You closed TO in Task Manager only closed the game, not the GameGuard.

Also, GameGuard can't be "end task" normally by using Task Manager, since it's a rootkit. You might want to use Windows Sysinternal to check on extra hidden processes in your computer.
- Windows Sysinternals: Documentation, downloads and additional resources

prison 01-26-2010 10:05 AM

hi, under (9. GameGuard won't run or crashes in Windows 7!)
the links for the first, and third downloads are dead ( for the 64 bit)

Miyuki 01-29-2010 04:21 PM

Removed hotfile links, not sure why it's been deleted, why other links are still working [uploadjockey->megaupload]

Liyrreiana 03-31-2010 08:29 PM

One suggestion to your great guide is I recently had a "can't connect to update server" error and nothing I did could make it go away. I tried everything you suggested as well as suggestions on other forums/threads. I ended up doing a system restore, which solved the problem for me.

Just putting that out there in case someone else tried everything else and couldn't get it to work, especially if it was like my situation where one minute it launched and an hour later it didn't. :py33:

Sakurawrz 06-25-2010 02:44 AM

Nice guide! More people need to see this. I'm going to try this DEP thing to see if it fixes my problem.

Yuki 06-25-2010 02:50 AM

The DEP problem has been solved a long time ago, so I don't see any point in doing this now. However, if it works.. let us know. Lold.