ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Tech Issues

Aika Online
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Aika Online

Rating:  

LinkBack (13) Thread Tools Display Modes
07-09-2008   13 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation
Default "Can't Connect Update Server"

I've been getting this error all morning. Not sure if I have in the past, but even if I did, restarting my PC fixed it.

Today I've restarted at least twice and still the same error.

After multiple attempts, when I finally get the launcher to show up properly (with all the text, graphics, etc) and I try to connect, the splash screen shows up briefly followed by a Trickster.bin error.

Went to MOG IRC for help, and someone said to delete my Trickster.bin file and then restart the launcher. I deleted it as instructed, launched the game, patched it again (just to be on the safe side) and finally got in the game...

So why am I writing this? Because I just tried to open another client (wanted to double client to transfer stuff between my chars) and I got the same old "Can't Connect Update Server" error. I don't know if I'll get Trickster.bin again... haven't been patient with it this time to try and launch my second client more than once.

Now I'm afraid of closing my existing client in case I can't get back in... what gives? >_> I already restarted, turned off my firewall and still getting this crap... it was working fine yesterday too.

Last edited by Aria; 07-09-2008 at 02:51 AM.

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
07-09-2008   #2 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorSpirit of ggFTW

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Miyuki
IGN: Sarafina

Did you tried restarts your modem yet? Try this

- First, can you directly go to http://trickster.ntreev.net first?
- Temporary disables any antivirus and firewall and try again?

Next:-

Delete:-
- Any files with filelist.xxx files
- Launch again

Can't?

Tried clears your Internet Cache? Use this tool:-
- CCleaner - Home
- Download and install, run the program
- Use the Clean function.

Next, if you're sure your TO client is up to date

Opens up NotePad
- Type these
Code:
@echo off
START Trickster.bin Trickster.exe
- Then click on "File->Save as"
- Type "launch.bat", without the quotes in FileName
- Select "All Files" at "Save as Type"
- Then place it in your Trickster Online folder.
- Launch it.

Suspect something? Post your Hjt log here.
http://download.hijackthis.eu/HJTInstall.exe

07-09-2008   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

Thanks miyo- err I mean Miyuki-sama :X Launch.bat got my second client up and running... guess I'll have to keep using that method next time D<

07-09-2008   #4 (permalink)
200%♥
Games
Trickster OnlineDragon Nest
Awards Facebook FanPervert Award

LauraMix has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameh
Thanks miyo- err I mean Miyuki-sama :X Launch.bat got my second client up and running... guess I'll have to keep using that method next time D<
Yea i got the same problem right now but since i looked in this Thread i followed Miyu's advice and i took off firewall from Panda Anit-Virus it worked. Thxs again Miyu ^^;;;

"There is no Real ending. It's just the place where you stop the story." -Frank Herbert

07-09-2008   #5 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Miyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond reputeMiyuki has a reputation beyond repute

Reminder:- Temporary, not permanently disables your firewall or antivirus.

Or try put Trickster.bin/splash.dmy in your firewall/antivirus exception list.

mmm

/bites ameh :x

07-09-2008   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games
Trickster OnlineSD Gundam Online: Capsule FighterDragon SagaLegend of Edda

SereneSky is on a distinguished road
IGN: apricots // KaruLion
Class: Saint // Lion to_engineer
Default Same "Can't Connect Update Server"

(Since Ameh's problem seems to be resolved, I'll continue this thread about the same problem to save space )

I was able to play Trickster this morning, but then I started to get this message whenever I open up Trickster launcher in the afternoon. From morning to afternoon, the only major change to my computer was upgrading to the new Firefox 3. (Maybe the new Firefox blocked it?)

Currently I've tried:
Following FAQ
1. Enabling Trickster (.dmy,bin) in the firewall management
2. Disabling firewall entirely for Trickster for 10 minutes
3. Used virus scan (no virus/etc)

Saw this thread
4. Tried deleting the two Trickster.bin
5. Tried launch.bat method
-This opened up Trickster but later encountered another problem
6. Used CCleaner and deleted all cache

Went on Official Forums
7. Changed Proxy
(I got my first progress of "Clean up client files" and "Updating Version Information". . . Until the part "Connecting Update Server" and it crashed with the "Can't Connect Update Server message .)

All of the above methods tried does not work

Well, that's all. Thanks for your help~ ^^

07-09-2008   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games

I decide to restart and re-install Trickster. After installing, and opening the old client, I decide to do a filecheck. This time the website notice board showed! . .
. .
-->
But now I'm facing with this problem:

So, I tried to ignore it and went to start game instead:
First I got a "Cannot connect to Gameguard n-protect update..." something like that then,
It proceeded with the old Giovanni screen (since I couldn't update)

I was wondering what I should do from now. ~.~

07-09-2008   #8 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Tried to /clears your cache yet?

Also, deletes any filelis.xxx, files inside your Trickster Online, delete Trickster.bin, splash.dmy and try runs the update again.

Temporary disables any firewall/antivirus?

07-09-2008   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Addict
Games

Yeah, I've tried all those already. However, I couldn't find any .xxx files in my Trickster folder (if there should be.. where is it? o.O)

Anyways, I'm re-downloading the entire installer to see if there's any changes. Since my installer is an older installer, maybe a new installer would be different.
( I heard that the old installer was missing some update codecs or something along those lines)

07-09-2008   #10 (permalink)
WHAt
Games
La Tale
Awards Retired Wiki StaffEvent Winner

Chesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of lightChesters is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Chesters
Guild: SOS Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SereneSky
Yeah, I've tried all those already. However, I couldn't find any .xxx files in my Trickster folder (if there should be.. where is it? o.O)

Anyways, I'm re-downloading the entire installer to see if there's any changes. Since my installer is an older installer, maybe a new installer would be different.
( I heard that the old installer was missing some update codecs or something along those lines)
I think Miyuki meant for .xxx to stand for any type of file extension.

07-09-2008   #11 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
Awards MoM Award

Since my client mysteriously vanished while I afk'd, I can confirm that Miyu's method is only a temporary solution. The same errors have come up again and I'm trying to get on again with the same solution... it's not a permanent fix apparently.

p.s. Deleting Trickster.bin and then trying to run launch.bat will cause a "Trickster.bin cannot be found etc" error. I had to go into my recycle bin and restore Trickster.bin, then launched it again for it to work. The first attempt to use launch.bat just gave me the same "Can't Connect Update Server" followed by the Trickster.bin error on the second attempt. Lolwut?

Last edited by Aria; 07-09-2008 at 02:41 PM.

07-09-2008   #12 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineEden EternalMapleStoryRagnarok Online

Kusuriuri has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Kusuriuri Send a message via Skype™ to Kusuriuri

Ive tried everything in this thread (Brand new computer also, first time using it today, so I personally dont see it necessary to post a HJT log) and nothing has worked at all ._. I havent even been able to log in at any point, Im always stuck at the launcher, either with Trickster.bin error (Rarely) or the oh-so-awesome 'Cant Connect to Update Server.' Trickster went boom today?

And countless restarts for teh lulz.

モノノ怪

07-09-2008   #13 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Probably your *.ini file corrupted.

Please download this file.
http://www.iscoolstuff.com/?dl=to_ini.zip

Copy it to your Trickster Online folder, extract and replaces if asked.

Launches the launcher again.

07-09-2008   #14 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Nada. Same error.

モノノ怪

07-09-2008   #15 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

hmm...ok, lets see..

Oh, I experienced the same problem after launching the launcher multiple time XD.

Apparently there's connection problem or something wrong with their servers @_@.

Anyway, try re-launching the splash.exe multiple time again.

No luck?

Open up IE, type this in your address bar:-
- 216.39.108.135 and press ENTER
- Once you're on the page [yes, it should shows Trickster Online page], press on CTRL+F5
- Try relaunching the client.

Again? In IE
- 121.156.67.76 and ENTER.
- Once you're on the page [yes, it should shows Trickster Online page], press on CTRL+F5
- Try relaunching the client.

Another temporary solution is using the launch.bat [ensure that your TO client is up-to-date]

07-09-2008   #16 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

1) 216.39.108.135 - Can't Connect Update Server.

2) 121.156.67.76 - Didnt bring me to the official site. Blank page with 'CDNetworks Test page ' at the top.

Used IE for both.

And Ive already tried the launch.bat method, still received 'Cant Connect Update Server.' And yes my client is up to date. I managed a file check while I was still getting the Trickster.bin error before the Cant Connect error started to occur, and I was just on the game this morning as well.

e__e I dont get whats going on today lmao.

モノノ怪

07-09-2008   #17 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

launch.bat will launches TO instead of launcher o_o

I'll see what I can do, /checks.

07-09-2008   #18 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

I didnt mean that I did that then tried the launcher or w/e e_e launch.bat just didnt work at all, and I tried it multiple times, following the instructions you'd listed in a previous post for it lmao. So then I resorted to the launcher again, trying to get past that Cant Connect error ._.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the ONE time launch.bat DID work, as soon as the client window came up, Trickster.bin error. It hasnt worked since.

モノノ怪

Last edited by Kusuriuri; 07-09-2008 at 05:33 PM.

07-09-2008   #19 (permalink)
Snow Vampire
Special
Games
Atlantica Online

Try this.

- Start->Run
- type CMD and press ENTER
- type ipconfig /flushdns and press ENTER
- Then, try relaunches the client.

07-09-2008   #20 (permalink)
「 薬売り 」
Special
Games

Flushing DNS Resolver Cache?

Cant Connect Update Server.

e__e Well, on the bright side, maybe some other people's problems will be solved through a few of these additional suggestions rofl ._.

モノノ怪