ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Tech Issues

League of Legends
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

League of Legends

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
11-30-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation
Default Hot keys on an Apple keyboard.

Does anyone here playing TO on Boot Camp Windows 7 or 8 know how to disable the hot key functions on an Apple wireless keyboard so I can use skills normally?

I can't use F1, F2, F7 or F8 as standard function keys because they already have a function assigned to them. I changed this in System Preferences on Mac, but obviously it's not working for Windows.

Spoiler!

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
11-30-2012   #2 (permalink)
twerk
Special
ggFTW Pro
Games
Trickster OnlineLeague of LegendsMapleStoryWonderKing Online
Awards Retired Forum ModeratorWandering EyeFacebook FanPervert Award

Tardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond reputeTardar has a reputation beyond repute

If you can get into BIOS setup while booting up Windows, you should be able to change it so that you need to press Fn before the assigned functions of the F-keys go through.

Here's a guide that -should- work.

11-30-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Trickster Online

KieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant futureKieranCarden has a brilliant future
IGN: KieranCarden
Class: Fox
Level: 33x/34x
Guild: Distinguished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare
Does anyone here playing TO on Boot Camp Windows 7 or 8 know how to disable the hot key functions on an Apple wireless keyboard so I can use skills normally?

I can't use F1, F2, F7 or F8 as standard function keys because they already have a function assigned to them. I changed this in System Preferences on Mac, but obviously it's not working for Windows.

Spoiler!
I use boot camp to load W7 on my MBP. There should be a diamond icon in the system tray that you can use to get to the boot camp control panel. In there there's an option under 'Keyboard' that allows you use the F keys as standard keys (disabling the need for the Fn key).

Using the Fn key after this allows you to activate the normal primary functions (volume up, down, track change, etc).
Yellow beauty burns gold

12-01-2012   #4 (permalink)
wot
Special
Games
Trickster OnlineProject BlackoutROHAN: Blood FeudWonderKing Online
Awards Event WinnerSotW BeginnerLooterPervert Award

Shanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond reputeShanni has a reputation beyond repute
Level: butts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KieranCarden
I use boot camp to load W7 on my MBP. There should be a diamond icon in the system tray that you can use to get to the boot camp control panel. In there there's an option under 'Keyboard' that allows you use the F keys as standard keys (disabling the need for the Fn key).

Using the Fn key after this allows you to activate the normal primary functions (volume up, down, track change, etc).
I can confirm this is correct because I do this also.

12-01-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Special Games
La TaleTrickster OnlinePangyaROHAN: Blood Feud
Awards MoM Award

Aria has disabled reputation

I had to create a standard user account to access Boot Camp Control Panel, since it wouldn't open with my administrator account, but Cieran's method did work. Thanks! +Rep

Thank you too, James and Shanni. Problem solved. :3

Edit: Would +rep you Cieran if I could.

Last edited by Aria; 12-01-2012 at 12:12 PM.