ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online Tech Issues (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-tech-issues/)
-   -   GameGuard Not loading on my Client? (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-tech-issues/118591-gameguard-not-loading-my-client.html)

Perkinz 11-06-2012 02:16 PM

GameGuard Not loading on my Client?

I'm sorry if my post title was somewhat misleading, but strangely enough, GameGuard will not boot up on my client.

Looking in my Trickster Online root folder, I have the GameGuard.des file---but Gameguard does not load.

I am able to get into the login screen but after inputting my account and password, it just hangs.

Now, it may seem bizarre that I want Gameguard installed on my computer, but honestly it isn't so much I want Gameguard (I've already signed the petition to remove it) as much as it is I find it odd that it should be there, and It should be running---but isn't.

No open processes related to it, no nothing----But obviously there should be. That's why I'm concerned.

If I could get gameguard to run, then i'd be able to try any and all of the various work arounds.

My computer runs an install of Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, so obviously gameguard is going to have issues with it, but looking through the forums I've yet to see anything of this.

In summary:
  • Trickter opens, no Errors.
  • No gameguard popup or processes.
  • Hangs at login screen.
  • Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

Other information that might be helpful:

Have installed and reinstalled several (5+) times. Have used Pando media booster twice, each time after clicking "Game start" on the launcher trickster immediately closes. No sign of gameguard

When installing an old version (Christmas 2010) I can actually open up the game to see the login screen, but if I have it do a file integrity check in order to force an update, then I jump to a background of Nyxx and Noxx 2012, and then that leads to what I explained above.

If I force an update after that, I get the Pando Media Booster Scenario where TO immediately crashes.

Any ideas?

Cait 11-07-2012 02:55 PM

Have you tried right clicking, run as administrator. My trickster did this before, and that fixed it.

Perkinz 11-07-2012 03:19 PM

Sorry, I should've mentioned I had it running as Admin and in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3.

I just tried logging in right now, and I'll give it like 20min to see what happens.

I know people have been reporting absurd amounts of time to login, but what should I be expecting?

And on another note, shouldn't I be getting a little banner for GameGuard popping up on my screen before the client opens up?

Because for me, TO just speeds open faster than I can blink.

Also, My antivirus/firewall is ZoneAlarm. I have that shut off currently, no WMP (as much as it pains me to go without music XD) and right after I post this i'm shutting down Chrome just for the sake of having every base covered.

Edit: Hour later and the client is still idle at the login screen saying "logging in..."

Perkinz 11-07-2012 10:05 PM

So, just wanted to update and say I fixed it.

My client that worked was pre-gameguard, which is why it was hanging at the login screen.

And because updating caused the "Trickterclient has stopped working" I googled it, and I came up with a post on GameRage about GameGuard and another issue, and it said to add Trickster.bin to my DEP. and that fixed it. I can now connect and get all the proper login messages (the one regarding maintenance)