ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Tech Issues

Perfect World
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Perfect World

Rating:  

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
10-26-2012   #1 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

Procrastinatus has a spectacular aura aboutProcrastinatus has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Senoo
Class: Sheep to_sheep
Level: 225
Guild: ~Good Day~
Thumbs up How I fixed 24Oct Patch "Update Failed" problem

Updated Early-Nov Patch /forum/trickster-onl...t-version.html

*Please head to the above link for the early-nov version, this thread is outdated.*
1. Download and extract to Trickster Folder (You should have prompts asking for overwriting of files when you're extracting) - Trickster Online10-26-12.zip

2. Download the attachment in this post and run tricksterUpdateVersion.bat

You should be able to start Trickster through the normal launcher after that. If that doesn't work, there should be a "start.bat" file inside your Trickster folder, use that instead, it's just one line of batch file code to start Trickster directly without the launcher.

edit: Current version is Usa.2.0012.116, you can edit the values manually in the .reg files using notepad.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Credits to Cait for taking his/her time to upload the files, (Sorry, don't know if you're male or female )

Credits to RyuukuX for helping me check out the current version of the launcher, since I couldn't do so because my launcher was still having problems at that time
Attached Files
File Type: zip TricksterVersionUpdate.zip (838 Bytes, 67 views)

Last edited by Procrastinatus; 11-12-2012 at 04:17 AM. Reason: 32bitkey

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-28-2012   #2 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineSecret of the SolsticeDragon Saga

Kheos is a glorious beacon of lightKheos is a glorious beacon of lightKheos is a glorious beacon of lightKheos is a glorious beacon of lightKheos is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Coronius / LordHeart
Class: Lion,Dragon,Sheep,Cat,Bunny to_scientist
Level: 211,148,179,216,265,212
Guild: CRiSiS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrastinatus
1. Download and extract to Trickster Folder (You should have prompts asking for overwriting of files when you're extracting) - Trickster Online10-26-12.zip

2. Type "regedit" in your start menu, then go to this key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ntreev\Tri ckster_GSP

(If you can't find this, just Ctrl+F and find "Trickster_GSP", there might be a few occurances, but there should be one with a key called "UpdateVersion")

Change the UpdateVersion value to "Usa.2.0011.116", without the double quotes.

You should be able to start Trickster through the normal launcher after that. If that doesn't work, there should be a "start.bat" file inside your Trickster folder, use that instead, it's just one line of batch file code to start Trickster directly without the launcher.

__________________________________________________ ______________

Credits to Cait for taking his/her time to upload the files, (Sorry, don't know if you're male or female )

Credits to RyuukuX for helping me check out the current version of the launcher, since I couldn't do so because my launcher was still having problems at that time
Good job for finding this out ^-^, its very helpful for advanced users who know how to use the windows registry, but for beginners they will have a hard time since they are not used to using the registry or they might mess up, I will try this method in the future if TO fails to patch next time, Thanks a lot, I only use the registry as a last resort.

10-28-2012   #3 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

Procrastinatus has a spectacular aura aboutProcrastinatus has a spectacular aura about

I edited and uploaded an attachment which does the required registry changes for anyone. Download the manual patch and extract it if you've not done so. Then, download my attachment and run TricksterUpdateVersion.bat.

It'll do the checking of the OS version and required registry changes automatically, suitable for anyone who dare not touch the registry. The key and values will be created automatically, if they aren't existent already.

For people who are really afraid, no, this isn't going to destroy your computer. If it doesn't work, nothing happens.

Do post back as to whether it works or not, for anyone still having problems.

tl;dr - Just download and run the bat file if everything else fails even after you downloaded and extracted the manual patch

Last edited by Procrastinatus; 10-28-2012 at 09:25 PM.

10-28-2012   #4 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

arieyn is on a distinguished road
IGN: Schneizel
Class: Wizard to_wizard
Level: 18x

Thank you so much fellow Singaporean. The Regedit worked miraculously for me! I'm running on Win 7 64-bit, and I'm not an advanced user but I found it really easy to do.

My Trickster Launcher is perfectly fine now. :3

Though I have to say, the first time I tried to do the regedit by following the post under Cait's manual patch, it didn't work out for me. This one was much easier and beginner friendly IMO.

Last edited by arieyn; 10-28-2012 at 11:10 PM.

10-28-2012   #5 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

lol np, glad to help, I hope it works for others who are still having difficulties

10-31-2012   #6 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Apparently today my launcher doesn't work again. It failed to update at '/TricksterOnline.url' Decompressing File.

Any ideas?

10-31-2012   #7 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

Run start.bat inside your trickster folder to start Trickster directly without the launcher

edit: Latest version is Usa.2.0012.116, you can edit the files yourself with notepad and run the file again, it should fix it

Last edited by Procrastinatus; 10-31-2012 at 05:34 AM.

10-31-2012   #8 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Edit which files? o_o

11-01-2012   #9 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

Since your OS is 64bit, edit 64BitTrickster.reg, just open it with notepad and edit the value accordingly

11-01-2012   #10 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker
Games
Trickster OnlinePhantasy Star UniverseLuna OnlineBattlestar Galactica Online

Cait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of lightCait is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to Cait
IGN: Caiterz
Class: bunny to_champion
Level: 100(rTO) 271(eTO)
Guild: None (rTO) «Firefly»«Serenity» (eTO)
Xfire: Caiternoodle

Im a girl xD

Cept on tuesdays >;3