ggFTW

MMORPG Gamer Community

Go Back   ggFTW Forum > MMO Games > Trickster Online > Trickster Online Tech Issues

Elsword
Looking for a new MMO?

Try 

Elsword

Rating:  

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
10-26-2012   1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #21 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker

nokerz11 is on a distinguished road

i tried renaming trickster.ini to .exe but version wont match.. sigghhhsss

Get rid of this ad by registering for our community.
10-26-2012   #22 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster OnlineSecret of the SolsticeDragon Saga

Kheos is a glorious beacon of lightKheos is a glorious beacon of lightKheos is a glorious beacon of lightKheos is a glorious beacon of lightKheos is a glorious beacon of light
IGN: Coronius / LordHeart
Class: Lion,Dragon,Sheep,Cat,Bunny to_scientist
Level: 211,148,179,216,265,212
Guild: CRiSiS

Ok it looks like the patch is giving us all a headache by not updating properly, the only option left is to upload my client to a file sharing site, I'll post an update once i am done.

Ok only these 2 files are failing to download while patching, make sure you guys copy the files to the correct folder, I made a readme file just in case. Download the files on this link good luck to all, Let me know if your clients patch successfully after that. You can also try TheCait's manual patch but its 100mb+

http://forum.gamerage.com/trickster/...24.aspx#438524

http://www.mediafire.com/?ybqzpm7azi67914

Last edited by Kheos; 10-26-2012 at 03:26 PM.

10-26-2012   #23 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

SteelFlex will become famous soon enoughSteelFlex will become famous soon enough
IGN: SteelFlex333
Class: Swag to_wizard
Level: Infinity
Guild: Nerf Koreans

Ok I re-installed twice and now it fails at Trickster.bin, trying Kheos's method right now
Edit:Nah didn't work

Last edited by SteelFlex; 10-26-2012 at 06:54 PM.

10-26-2012   #24 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games

Kheos is a glorious beacon of lightKheos is a glorious beacon of lightKheos is a glorious beacon of lightKheos is a glorious beacon of lightKheos is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelFlex
Ok I re-installed twice and now it fails at Trickster.bin, trying Kheos's method right now
Edit:Nah didn't work
What files are failing when your patching your client? write them down so I can upload them for you.

10-26-2012   #25 (permalink)
Baby Xiongmao :3
Games
Ragnarok OnlineTrickster Online
Awards Facebook Fan

Mionette is just really niceMionette is just really niceMionette is just really niceMionette is just really niceMionette is just really nice
IGN: Mionette | Voltairre
Class: Witch to_soulmaster

Same error happened to me. Re installed twice and re patched, and same error occurs. I tried the easiest remedy here, by renaming the Trickster.bin into .exe and TO worked. but then I was worried that if in the next patch, i wont be able to patch normally :<

Cutie gifs by Rydia!

Game: Trickster Online | Game: Philippine Ragnarok Online
Server: Jewelia | Server: New Chaos
IGN: Mionette / Xandrine | IGN: Santierra Aeriseth

10-27-2012   #26 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

arieyn is on a distinguished road
IGN: Schneizel
Class: Wizard to_wizard
Level: 18x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kheos
What files are failing when your patching your client? write them down so I can upload them for you.
It's the last one I think. /Trickster.zip works but I think when it tries to decompress Trickster.bin - it fails

10-27-2012   #27 (permalink)
ggFTW Lurker
Games
Trickster Online

Daisy is on a distinguished road
IGN: Lestie
Class: Soul Master to_soulmaster
Level: 144
Guild: Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mionette
Same error happened to me. Re installed twice and re patched, and same error occurs. I tried the easiest remedy here, by renaming the Trickster.bin into .exe and TO worked. but then I was worried that if in the next patch, i wont be able to patch normally :<
That was what i was worrying about too! But i'm pretty desperate to play, so yeah. Oh and i tried updating the original Trickster again, and somehow, there was another Trickster.bin.

Last edited by Daisy; 10-27-2012 at 01:30 AM.

10-27-2012   #28 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by arieyn
It's the last one I think. /Trickster.zip works but I think when it tries to decompress Trickster.bin - it fails
Ok i'll upload my Trickster.Bin & exe to be sure, try patching after that & tell me the results you get after your done.

http://www.mediafire.com/?x71bg0c0p33s4zg

Last edited by Kheos; 10-27-2012 at 01:43 AM.

10-27-2012   #29 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
Ok i'll upload my Trickster.Bin & exe to be sure, try patching after that & tell me the results you get after your done.

Trickster Online Bin.zip
It patches nothing, just said Updating Process Failed. Though, I managed to open the game with your Trickster.exe. I'm just kind of worried about the next patch like the rest of them. *sigh*

10-27-2012   #30 (permalink)
ggFTW Moogler
Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by arieyn
It patches nothing, just said Updating Process Failed. Though, I managed to open the game with your Trickster.exe. I'm just kind of worried about the next patch like the rest of them. *sigh*
Did you try Check files? I know what you mean SGI messed up this patch for some players, lets hope it does not happen again.

10-27-2012   #31 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

Quote:
Did you try Check files? I know what you mean SGI messed up this patch for some players, lets hope it does not happen again.
Doesn't let me click check files :[

And thank you for your help so far T_T Really appreciate it.

10-27-2012   #32 (permalink)
Games
Trickster Online

Sophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant future
IGN: Sophonax | Virl
Level: 27X | 24X
Guild: Bloodline

having this problem too lol. OTL is this a regional thing btw? like is it related to the servers because singtel from singapore always gives us glitches regarding the internet eg. tumblr asks, trickster cache updates.

[Jewelia]
Sophonax | Virl | Alariea
Gwinvere | Eothain | Aerice

10-27-2012   #33 (permalink)
ggFTW Stalker

Thorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to beholdThorosern is a splendid one to behold
IGN: Saxophonist
Class: Buffalo
Guild: Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophonax
having this problem too lol. OTL is this a regional thing btw? like is it related to the servers because singtel from singapore always gives us glitches regarding the internet eg. tumblr asks, trickster cache updates.
Singtel sucks.
#truestory

10-27-2012   #34 (permalink)
Games
Trickster Online

Sophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant futureSophonax has a brilliant future

lol hey you. yea it does. /creys. are you able to get online?

[Jewelia]

10-27-2012   #35 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular

You guys are from Singapore too? :0

But yeah I'm using Singtel, MIO.

10-27-2012   #36 (permalink)
Playing Finalfantasy XIV
Games
Trickster OnlineRusty Hearts
Awards Facebook Fan

kite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond reputekite384 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to kite384
IGN: ShugoKunisaki
Class: Dragoon to_buffalo
Level: Item Level 190
Guild: [[MoonlightC]]

lol maybe the patch thing is no game problem then? owo

10-27-2012   #37 (permalink)
ahhhhh wait
Special
Games
MabinogiDungeon Fighter OnlineDragon SagaDragon Nest
Awards Most Valuable DivisionMost Valuable StaffAdmin AwardMoM AwardWandering Eye

Sandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond reputeSandrie has a reputation beyond repute
IGN: Sandrie
Class: ~ lt_sorcerer
Level: e

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokerz11
tried everything but nothing worked by the way, i have a VLC media file named Trickster.ini. What is that?
That's not a VLC file, it's an initialization file. It's used for configuring things, you can open it up in a file editor if you wanted to.

10-28-2012   #38 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

Procrastinatus has a spectacular aura aboutProcrastinatus has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Senoo
Class: Sheep to_sheep
Level: 225
Guild: ~Good Day~

I'm from Singapore too, and this isn't the first time it has happened to Singtel users. Just download the manual patch and edit the registry value and you should be good to go.

It shouldn't affect future patches as the server just checks the registry value against their own server's current value.

Match = Nothing happens
Doesn't match = Update

What I suspect had happened this time is that the registry value failed to update, despite the files having been updated successfully.

The solution I posted in the other thread is as close as you'd get to a normal patch, just that it's manual.

edit: You might want to head over to mytrickster.net forums to see if there're past solutions, I've not been there for a long time and I doubt the forums have been updated for a long time as well so...yeah.

Last edited by Procrastinatus; 10-28-2012 at 12:31 AM.

10-28-2012   #39 (permalink)
Games
Trickster Online

heya i did try your fix before i started posting on this thread. it reupdated and gave me the same problem so idk what is going on im just going to wait it out for singtel to fix itself. :/

[Jewelia]

10-28-2012   #40 (permalink)
ggFTW Regular
Awards Facebook Fan

Procrastinatus has a spectacular aura aboutProcrastinatus has a spectacular aura about
IGN: Senoo
Class: Sheep to_sheep
Level: 225
Guild: ~Good Day~
Default re

Nothing I can think of right now except a typo in the UpdateVersion's value, "Usa.2.0011.116"

Did you try running start.bat instead? (It's included in the manual patch download) This launches Trickster directly, without having to use the launcher.

I can't think of anything more right now and won't be posting much since I'm on internship. I'll get back here each day whenever I can to try and help.