ggFTW

ggFTW (http://ggftw.com/forum/)
-   Trickster Online Tech Issues (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-tech-issues/)
-   -   Possible Game Guard issue? (http://ggftw.com/forum/trickster-online-tech-issues/117793-possible-game-guard-issue.html)

BraveHeartless 10-07-2012 12:57 PM

Possible Game Guard issue?

It's the only thing that can come to my mind honestly; as I have had no issues until the latest update involving Game Guard. Ever since this update; when I have Trickster running, I cannot open Fire Fox [Note, I can use it if I have already had it running before running Trickster.] Another issue I have had (Which is the biggest of the issues, and also highly irritating..) is that my laptop (an Acer) has been restarting on its own only when Trickster is running and I have left it idle for about five minutes. A couple more issues; I cannot double client. And my settings will randomly change when Trickster is running.

This had never happened before; so this is why I think Game Guard is what has caused it... Can anyone help me, maybe?

Promise 10-07-2012 01:24 PM

I also do believe that GameGuard caused it. When ever I have Trickster up, I'm unable to open up editing programs (like PaintTool SAI, Animation Shop &etc.) or Microsoft Word. I always have to close Trickster, just to open those programs. I'm also unable to open Fire Fox, which is why I tend to use Opera now. I haven't experienced any other issues such as, Blue Screen, Sudden Restarts &etc. but sometimes my browser does randomly freeze or crash.

When it comes to double clienting, it takes a while now. Sometimes I'm just unable to double client at all and I'm now unable to load up clients quickly by using the start.bat way Niata introduced to me a while ago. There are a LOT more negatives than positives regarding GameGuard. I honestly don't know what they were thinking when they decided to get GameGuard back. I came across this thread earlier on today, perhaps it'll help in a way: GameGuard information.

P.S. Hey Ravey<3~

KieranCarden 10-07-2012 01:26 PM

^ Beat me to it, but I was going to say to check out that thread as well. It has information on basically everything that's been happening to you. Might not lead to any fixes but know you're not alone in the issues going on.

Niata 10-07-2012 01:36 PM

You can fix some of these problems if you put off the UAC (User Account Control) in Windows Vista and 7. But your system is more at risk for dangeous software then.

BraveHeartless 10-07-2012 01:39 PM

The only issue that bothers me enough to want to fix is the restarting issue. As I often need to afk. xD; The other issues I can deal with...

debauchee 10-07-2012 05:02 PM

gameguard killed firefox for pretty much everyone, for some reason it handles flash differently so instead of the flash just crashing the whole browser freezes. I had to switch to chrome which works fine for things like youtube and flash/shockwave games

kind of sad I still prefer firefox but its not like they are going to remove it because we ask nicely

Zay 10-07-2012 08:16 PM

Try turning off your screensaver to fix your issue with it restarting when you go idle.